Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2003 12:38:02 PM EDT
Looks and feels great (sitting here on my desk at work). I like the updates. I'll try to get it installed tonight and post some pics.  This ones going to turn some heads.

Some Pics:

Theo
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#1]
HAH! beat you to the pic theo! i was turning screws while you was typin'!

[img]http://www.ambrick.com/MagPul.JPG[/img]

7.62x39 m16 (pre-ban upper so-what, i got a MSS[:D])
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm, are these for sale yet? I've been keeping my eyes peeled for announcement of the production, non-beta version; but had not seen anything on it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#3]
ya me too, but what is all that stuff in the goodie bag for? the on line pdf file does not show much info on this.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I got my MSS this morning. Love the improvments. Cant wait to install it. What a great monday.
Austin
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#5]
The best part was not expecting it and biting my finger nails. It's also one hell of a deal Rich offered us. (Don't know if Rich wants it to be public info.)
The multi different size shims are very helpful. I didn't have to do any sanding to install the new unit.
The new one is MUCH easier to remove from the tube than the origional.
Now, the extra bag with the rail mounts confused me. I know some of the stuff is for mounting the rail on the handguard, but I am not sure how to properly install the rail on the stock. (I'm not very mechanically inclined)
There were similar amounts of rough spots on the stock as the origional, but some short work with a flat fine file fixed those up. Most were over molding.
The sling mount that was supplied is very nice too.
I still want a rubber butt plate for the stock though.
Big thumbs up to Magpul.
Companies like Magpul make it tough to juggle 3 gun projects at once. [;)]
This weapon of mass destruction (ar-15 according to the Caliban), a titanium Caspian 1911 with a damascus slide, a custom Glock 26 for the wife.
-Steve
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 2:35:12 AM EDT
[#6]
To mount the rail on the side you use the smallest hex screws and the silver "washers" face down to the stock between the stock and the rail.  Hammer the threaded "holes" into the stock and it bolts right up.  If you dont use the washer/spacers the rail will cover the release button.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 5:20:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Has there been a list circulated yet taking orders for the MSS for AR15.com folks?  I know Magpul has said it would offer ar15 members a special price for their new MSS, but I haven't seen the list or request yet.  Are only "special folks" getting it, or is it available to all AR15 members?  Just wondering?

-Shon
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:45:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:12:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I did it without the washers first and the rail covered the stock release button.  The washer spaced it off perfectly.

Also what are the slots in the cheek piece for?

Theo,

How long have you had your rifle?  It is almost EXACTLY like mine.  Preban Bushmaster/FF RAS/PRI sight&handle/M93 and is that a Knights 2 stage trigger?  What muzzle device is that?  Bilock?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:20:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:31:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I love mine, too.  The button upgrades were a great touch, &, of course the cheekweld is amazing.  I think this one is going on my FN TPS I'm waiting for...
Well done, Rich!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:37:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
All the AR15.com original preorders went out on Saturday with the exception of KingoftheBumps who lives down the road from me and Maxim99 who has a Olympic Arms receiver that is threaded in the exact way not to fit the MSS.

Another AR15.com buy for late commers? Maybe but it will likey only include a single point sling at no extra charge.
View Quote

Sorry, I must have missed the original request for the AR15.COM group buy.  I thought I had followed the thread pretty closely.  Please let me know if you are going to offer another group buy for the MSS.

- Shon
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:22:04 AM EDT
[#13]
DevL,
This is actually a “postban receiver” but it contains a magic little device called a RDIAS, which of course removes it from the “Semi” Automatic Assault Weapons Ban.  A little over a year ago I cleaned out the safe and sold a couple of prebans in order to purchase the RDIAS, best decision I’ve ever made.  I’ve found it to be my favorite gun to shoot; I hardly take anything else out of the safe these days.

The rifle is somewhat of an “experimental” platform for the various gadgets I’ve seen reviewed here on AR15.com (Believe it or not I used to prescribe to the KISS philosophy).  That said, it runs better than any rifle/firearm I have ever owned.  I’ve run 500 rounds through it without cleaning with no problems (With the suppressor attached it will start gumming up around the 300 round mark and I have to use the forward assist to close the bolt on the first round of a 30 round mag).

Current configuration:

Indexed flattop upper
Knights FF RAS (carbine length)
Knights QD side sling adapter for rail system
Bushmaster Heavy Machine Gun barrel (11.5”) Lightened and fluted under handguards by Kurt
Gemtech BiLock flashider
Knights 300 M  flip up rear sight
PRI fold down front sight post/gasblock
PRI Fat boy Gas tube
PRI gas buster charging handle with big latch
CQB sling
Chrome Young’s Manufacturing NM M16 Carrier and bolt (heavy)
McFarland gas rings
AAC rate reducer buffer with wolf spring
Bushmaster Postban Lower
DPMS ambidextrous selector M16
Norgon ambidextrous mag release setup (great system by the way)
Knights 2 stage M16 trigger (2 stage semi and single stage full)
KNS SS anti-rotation pins
Tango Battle grip (may go back to Hogue)
Magpul Modular Stock System
RDIAS (Registered Drop in Auto sear)

Gemtech M4-96d QD suppressor
Surefire M900A
Eotech Holosight NV compatible

Purchased from members and sponsers, Hacked together by me, Runs like a top.

Theo
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow! now that's the kind of job I need.  Nice paper weight.  What line of work did you say you were in???
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Richard,

Well boy was I ever pleased today at work...

They arrived

And boy are they great - made a lot of believers today at work.

Thanks a bunch will get in touch with you offline as well.

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:01:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey, wait a sec... do you mean to tell me that these things are now available for sale? If so, that is awesome news. I know SEVERAL people who love mine and have been on my case to get them one. Cool!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hey, wait a sec... do you mean to tell me that these things are now available for sale? If so, that is awesome news. I know SEVERAL people who love mine and have been on my case to get them one. Cool!
View Quote

Well, looks like I wasn't the only one to miss the ar15.com group buy.  Still haven't found where it was announced?  When will the next group buy be offered?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 1:47:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Has anyone else attached the side rail?  Did it make the stock release button unusable?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:16:20 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm interested in the group buy too. Although my funding for ARs is currently shot, so if it takes a month or two, I won't complain.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:02:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:48:04 PM EDT
[#22]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=142666&w=searchPop[/url]

I guess I am missing something, I got my info and stock from the above link.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Rich,

What are the "slots" in the cheek piece of the stock for?  They were not on the experimental stock.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Just finished installing mine on a very early Palmetto lower and fits very tightly. Of all my gagets, including the SIRS, Surefire M900, Norgon ambi magazine release and the list goes on, I got to say that this is my favorite addition. Obviously alot of thought went into this product and the quality is great. This replaces the older Colt M4 collapsible stock and it's light years beyond it. Thanks, Rich for a great new product!!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What are the "slots" in the cheek piece of the stock for?  They were not on the experimental stock.
View Quote

Got mine in the mail and installed today. Same question? What are the slots on the top of the beffer tube for?

Please, please, please work on the sniper stock next! I want one for my new SPR real bad.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Any pictures of the QD sling mount &/or cheek welds?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top