Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2003 3:11:09 PM EDT
I have been checking out "Shotgun News" and a few for sale posts here and there and I keep seeing the phrase made by an official government supplier or some such terminology.  Maybe someone can fill me in on the actual terminology used and what they are really saying.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Ahhhh advertising... Not too long ago, I saw an ad in some magazine or flyer, at the top of the ad was "We sell genuine Colt products". A little further down in the ad was "Colt is the supplier of the current M4 rifle to the US Military" -- Then they listed a few parts and the prices were VERY cheap for Colt.

I called them, literally and figuratively, and finally was told that the ad was not untrue, they did sell Colt products, the Genuine Colt tactical sight... and that the statement about Colt supplying M4s is also true -- But, I was told, their AR15 parts were not Colt and nowhere in the ad did they claim they were.

Buyer Beware, huh?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top