Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 3:59:45 AM EDT
Hi,
got a brand new lower , colour is brownish/black , I'd like to darkening it just to match my flat black upper , no paint , any idea ?
PP out
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
duracoat?  i had Lauer refinish 2 lowers for me and they're matte black now.  match the teflon finish DPMS uses.

[url]www.lauerweaponry.com[/url]

there are probably some other good choices available but i only have experience with duracoat so far.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Let me guess...Eagle Arms?

I thought my lower looked fine until my RRA upper came in.  Now it looks brownish/purple because the upper is truly flat black.  

I guess you could have it reanodized.  I'm going to just ignore it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
This might sound kinda dumb.... but bear with me for a moment!
Have you tried a high quality lubricant like Break Free 'Collector'? I just happen to have recently purchased an Eagle Arms rifle, and experienced the same color situation as you have. I remembered reading a post about this fairly common complaint and followed the advice.
Took a piece of clean cotton cloth and rubbed in the oil and to my pleasant surprise it turned a nice matching black, and stayed that way. As an alternative to a refinish job, what do you have to lose? I'm not really sure if the brand or type of oil makes a difference, but this 'Collector' seems to hang around forever!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Exactly as McBoingBoing said.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:13:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey,
thanks a lot for yr replies,I think I'll go with GunCote ...........
ciao
PP out
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad I'm not alone on this one.  

I thought my Bushmaster lowers were black- until I got a RRA upper from Pete.  Now that's what I call BLACK!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top