Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2003 6:09:02 PM EDT
Do the new production M4 collapsable stocks have identifying marks on them ?
I have an older style stock that had the marking on the right side and I bought a new what I think is a new Colt M4 stock but it has no markings on it. It slide fine on my old tube. I heard that non Colt stocks aren't interchangable. Thanks in advance for any help.

Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:49:01 PM EDT
There is no marking on new style Colt stock.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:39:33 PM EDT
There are no markings on the new Colt's buttstock, but if it fits your original tube, it's the real deal. The RRA and BM stocks aren't Mil-Spec and won't fit on a Colt's tube. I have the earlier Colt's Fiberlite stock and I bought 2 of the newer Colt's stocks and I like them a lot. JD
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:55:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JD: There are no markings on the new Colt's buttstock, but if it fits your original tube, it's the real deal. The RRA and BM stocks aren't Mil-Spec and won't fit on a Colt's tube. I have the earlier Colt's Fiberlite stock and I bought 2 of the newer Colt's stocks and I like them a lot. JD
View Quote
Actually, thats backwards.The Colt receiver extension is smaller diameter than the RRA/BM (the same). A RRA/BM stock will fit on a Colt tube, but a Colt stock will NOT fit on a RRA/BM tube.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:06:25 PM EDT
Top Top