Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/4/2003 4:52:17 PM EDT
I'm ordering a standard Rock River A4 (flatop) type upper with a 20" barrel to go on my Bushy lower. Do these have a profile like the M16A2 series that are smaller under the handguards, or are they full length heavy barrel?

Good Shooting
Red
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:24:54 PM EDT
On my RRA 20" it is 1" under handgaurds and 3/4" for the rest. Hope this helps some. Remember what the door mouse said, Chris Holsonback
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:05:34 PM EDT
Wow..I bet that sucker is heavy! Looks like a good candidate to send off to Kurts for a barrel reprofile. Good Shooting Red
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:18:00 PM EDT
It is extremly heavy. Although I wouldn't go for a smaller barrel as it is going to be used to kill paper.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:09:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ClearH2O: On my RRA 20" it is 1" under handgaurds and 3/4" for the rest. Hope this helps some. Remember what the door mouse said, Chris Holsonback
View Quote
That's what mine is as well. I really don't consider it that heavy. I don't even consider my Bushy Varminter heavy. I shoot a lot of C&R type rifles and those average 9 to 11 lbs, so even if an AR gets to that weight it really doesn't feel like it because of the pistol grip. You really learn to appreciate and use a sling when you get into 10 + rifles...
Top Top