Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/4/2003 4:53:15 AM EDT
Any experiences with the FA Hornet? Ad says the bore is chrome - what about CHAMBER? How about accuracy of that lightweight barrel? Specifically after a hundred rounds or so shot in under two minutes?

Seems like after action reports are indicating poor terminal performance from (1in7) M4s in Iraq and Afghanistan. A 20" with a slower twist may be just what I'm looking for - if it shoots!

Fred
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 2:11:46 PM EDT
For what it,s worth,my experience with the "Hornet" upper has been very positive. Accuracy was in the 1.5-2.5 MOA with my sorry vision and open sights,your mileage may vary. As to shooting a hundred rounde in under 2 minutes affecting accuracy,I can't answer that one.The chamber and bore are both chrome lined, these barrels are afterall military surplus M16A1 pieces,so therefore made to Mil.spec. I put my Hornet upper on a Rock River lower, and it fit like it should,tight without a need for the "Accuwedge" Hope that helps! Norm
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:49:14 AM EDT
The Hornet uses a military surplus M16 barrel. Marketing hype aside 1/12 twist barrel has no advantages. Fulton tried this scheme earlier with their Mmillenium rifle which also tried to peddle cheap GI surplus barrels. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. -- Chuck
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:48:46 PM EDT
18" 1in 8 twist get a med profile barrel Or get a Bushy GI barrel have Kurt turn it down to 18" (these are 1 in 9 ...you can still shoot the heavier grain bullets -not the biggest) and still do ok with the 55grs The 1 in 12 might be a tad better with 52 gr hollow points but how many of them are you going to shoot? My .o2
Top Top