Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2002 4:41:33 PM EDT
I have been wanting to get one of the complete lowers from Pete in NH for $235.  Also a matched flat top upper for $100.  Has me at $335.  I own a b/bc/ch.  If I send this upper to BM and get one of their complete barrels assemblies added (barrel, front sight, gas tube and handguards ,http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/barrel-assemblies/pbbl16m4a.asp) for ~$210, that leaves me at ~$545 plus the shipping.  Am I missing anything, or do I have a new rifle for under $600 counting shipping and all?  I just want another blasting and coyote hunting rifle.

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#1]
When you buy a complete rifle, there has been an 11% federal excise tax added to the price, plus middleman and dealer markups.

If you buy the components separately, you actually can build it cheaper than you can buy it - but you get no warranty, then.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 11:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, but, it's soooo much fun to build your own rifle up, and you get that warm fuzzy feeling when look at, admire with pride, and caress [red][size=2][b][i]YOUR[/i][/b][/size=2][/red] baby!  - [^]

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top