Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2002 8:40:35 PM EDT
Need a Preban , Chromed Lined , 16inch , Lightweight Barrel. Would like a factory Colt , like that was used on the SP1 Carbines. Anyone know where I can get one? Need it for my AR15A3 Duty rifle , am trying to shed a few pounds.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 9:41:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless you just want the 1/12 barrel and could live with 1/9, check with Bushmaster. Their lightweight barrel is very similar to Colts exept for the rifling.

[url=http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/barrel-assemblies/abbl-16sla.asp]Superlight 16in Barrel Assembly[/url]
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#2]
CZ , thank for the tip , but already called Bushmaster , out of stock , 6-8 weeks if ordered , REALLY need it now!  Take care.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Good Luck, these have really dried up.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 11:14:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Para069

Why the 1/12 twist for a duty rifle?  For a weight loss program barrel, you might want to look at the Bushie M4 barrel.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 4:59:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Why not a new barrel?

Trying to find a barrel made before the 1994 "ban" that's still new in box will be pretty difficult.

New barrel, on the other hand, should be available from several sources.

1/12 twist is a poor choice in my opinion as the only bullets if fires accurately are 55gr M193 Ball type.  

-- Chuck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top