Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2002 9:06:57 PM EDT
I'm specifically seeking input from those who either own, use, have used, or are generally knowledgable of the KAC M4QD &/or Gemtech M4-96D cans.

From my "research", the Gemtech seems to be a sturdier unit, since it's machined from a single stock. The KAC, OTOH, is a welded unit.

I've heard that it can become difficult to remove a M4-96D after excessive carbon fouling has built up around its bi-lock interface. I'm concerned that the Gemtech's mount design might allow it to become stuck on the muzzle. KAC's design seems to allow it to be removed rather easily, but there are reports of M4QD's launching off the muzzle - is this true?

I wouldn't want a can to be stuck on the end of my bbl., but I wouldn't want it to go launch downrange, either.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Why are you considering the KAC unit if its twice as expensive?
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#2]
KAC's M4QD is termed as the flying hammer in some spec op communities.  You can judge that from your own conclusion.

both are excellent suppressor, both work wonder on the M4, the M4QD is just cooler looking, but ithink the bi-lock is a better idea.  I have a M4-96D registered in my C3 friend's book.  I take it out shooting when ever possible.  the carbon build up is pretty bad sometimes, but it is never a problem.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why are you considering the KAC unit if its twice as expensive?
View Quote

I'm not aware of the difference being [i]that[/i] significant.

Quoted:
KAC's M4QD is termed as the flying hammer in some spec op communities...
View Quote

Is this due to FA/MG fire, or because of some inherent flaw in the KAC design?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top