Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2002 4:44:44 PM EDT
I am trying to remove the tapper pins from my front sight tower and have removed one of them no problem. The second one will not budge! I have bent several punches, ruined the tower from the punches sliding off the pin and denting the tower and have drawn blood. I tried freezing the upper but no luck. Please help! What can I do? Thanks!

Well now I have managed to deform the pin and now I guess I will never get it off. Looks like its off to Kurt!
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 5:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Try whacking from the other side? I've heard that rather then follow military practice some manufacures pin from different sides.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top