Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/18/2002 1:15:28 PM EDT
I recently bought a Colt Match Comp HBar, 20" flat top and have really loving the gun, addded a 3-9 x 28 tactical sight for crow hunting.

I want to expand my collection into a 16" M4 from Colt and outfit that one with the Aimpoint.

I dont know much about gun trading/selling restrictions, [stand by for a dumb ass question]can you buy a gun over the internet? I have no FFL, to get my first Hbar I had to fill out an application, show photo ID, have my name run thru the computer and wait like 10 days (Connecticut). I gotta believe thats true everywhere, right? I was just wanting to take advantage of the lower prices I see on the internet than at my local dealer.

Or, do I have to go to a gun store only? How can I get a good price on a new Colt M4?
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 1:31:35 PM EDT
MarcusHbar,

Yes and No. You can buy a gun over the internet, but any complete rifle or lower receiver must be shipped to a FFL dealer, in which case he will charge you a transfer fee. Any other parts (i.e. upper, stocks, kits) as long as it does not contain the lower receiver can be bought and shipped to your address. Your dealer will run another background check, but usually by the time your rifle arrives, the waiting period should be up.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 1:51:47 PM EDT
Hey great, thanks.....what if my local gun dealer has FFL? Could I have it shipped to the local dealer? What would be a standard, fair "fee" to the FFL holder?
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 4:51:22 AM EDT
M-HBAR,

Yes, you can have it shipped to your local gun dealer. The dealers here in Georgia charge anywhere from $20.00 to $50.00. Just go in, buy a few things, and get friendly before asking - it always helps the price. GOOD LUCK!

DR
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 5:36:18 AM EDT
These rifles are modular and the parts to create a "M4" can be ordered and shipped directly to you without any FFL needed.

A "Colt's M4" upper receiver, however, will cost you more than a complete new post ban Bushmaster M4 carbine.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:10:37 AM EDT
thanx dr and chuck....i will head back to same dealer i bought my 20" colt and work with those folks, once i locate a good price on internet...hey maybe he will match the price to make it simple. i paid $1100 for my current hbar which i have seen on internet for about $945.
Top Top