Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2002 12:46:12 PM EDT
Hello All,
Sorry if this has been asked before, but the search function still does not work. I need your help.  What is the physical difference between a one stage trigger and a two stage trigger?  Is there a web site that I could go to that will show me, or can some one post a picture of both pointing out the differences?  Also, why buy a $300 Knight’s two stage trigger vs. a $95 Rock River Arms’ two stage trigger?
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:44:39 AM EDT
[#1]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=141439&w=myTopicPop

You find your answers at the site listed in this thread.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 5:51:19 AM EDT
[#2]
A two stage trigger is usually used in a CMP/high power setting where you are shooting paper and have to make the required trigger weight (usually 4 1/2 lbs). You can stage most of the weight on the first (takeup) stage allowing for a 1/2 to 1 lb. second stage for a clean break.
A single stage is usually much lighter and has a shorter pull. Better suited to faster shooting like 3 gun, steel plates, ect.

Triggers are a very personal thing with AR folks
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 12:53:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top