Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2002 8:19:11 AM EDT
Anyone knows how much Colt postban lowers are going for stripped.

Are they still large ( .170 ) hole pins?

I asked this on the Colt Industry section but got no replies.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 10:12:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they still use the large trigger and hammer pins. I would look at the Rock River lowers. For the money, you will not see any quantifiable difference in quality. I have both along with a Bushmaster and for the money the RR is the way to go.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 11:53:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I know the other manufacturers are .150, but  I actually have an extra colt " match" trigger large hole parts kit  and was thinking of getting a lower together.

So anyone knows anywhere else other than R GUNS that sells Colt stripped lowers ???
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#3]
How about selling me the Colt Match trigger and you can buy a Rock River. This is the satinless steel trigger set, right?
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:24:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the offer, but I am trying to build an All Colt rifle FWIW. Nothing wrong with the other brands as I have own them before, but this one will be all Pony.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Im not sure you can buy a Colt stripped lower. I dont think they sell lowers only. Can anyone cofirm or contradict this?
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#6]
R Guns seems to have them in stock, but I am not so sure about ordering from them.

Stripped $ 225.00

But who knows, with their reputation I think I'll keep on looking!

Link Posted: 10/16/2002 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I've seen 'em at Gun Shows for years.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Sancho, the receivers or R'Guns ???
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I know the other manufacturers are .150, but  I actually have an extra colt " match" trigger large hole parts kit  and was thinking of getting a lower together.

So anyone knows anywhere else other than R GUNS that sells Colt stripped lowers ???

When you find a Colt Lower, let me know where & how much.

Also, where did you get your Colt match trigger, and how much was it? I saw a Colt Competition Trigger Group on www.sawlesales.com-- is that the same thing?

check out my thread on my trigger search: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=74&t=149134&w=myTopicPop
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 3:53:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Energizer I got it with a Kit I purchase of one of the auction boards.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 5:50:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sancho, the receivers or R'Guns ???

The receivers!
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#12]
check with r guns on the availability of the colt lowers.  I bought a stripped one from them last year. the take down pins are milspec but they still use large hole trigger and hammer pins.  This was delivered as what they described on the phone, a pristine new colt ar-15 lower ready to be lovingly hand assembled.    I've built rifles with just about every lower out there and these are nice.  Like

sam colt would say, "beware of counterfeits"....
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 4:15:08 AM EDT
[#13]
I think I may have seen stripped colt lowers available at KY Imports
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top