Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2002 8:40:01 AM EDT
Hi guys,

I have tried searching for info on this before I decided to post. I've been trying to trade a preban Colt HBar  barrel for a 16" barrel preferably Colt.My barrel is unfired.
   There's a guy who has a 16" to trade,but the only markings are SS 5.56  . My first guess is that its an Olympic made in stainless. Are these barrels any good,or are they garbage? And last but not least how do they compare to a Colt mfg. barrel?

If any of you have a Colt or Bushy to part with let me know.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Oly stainless is OK, Oly SUM (Stainless Ultra Match) is very good for a precision rifle.

The Colt's worth should be closer to the SUM than to the standard stainless.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a Oly medium contour 1:9 Blackened Stainless Brl. It was one of the most accurate brls of the dozen or more I have owned.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two Oly barrels, one a 20" fluted SS button cut the other a 16" SUM nonfluted. The 20" shoots my 60gr. handloads under 1" at 200 yards. The 16" has not been to the range since I initially zeroed it at 50 yards. It made one tiny hole at that time with 5 rounds. I'm sure it will do very well at 100 yards when I get the time to try it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 9:31:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I got an OLY 16" heavy bbl. It's pre-ban and markes SS 5.56 as well. Apparently oly states that this is a match barrel and their top of the line is called ultra match. Mine knocked out the thought I once had that a 16" carbine wouldn't be as accurate as a 20" rifle, I can often outshoot my friends and one of then has a 20" bull bbl. It's not that I'm better than him, he can use my carbine and cut better groups than he can with his rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top