Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2002 8:26:09 PM EDT
I've been thinking about slapping on an A1 stock on my Dissipator.  I think the slight difference in length will make for a more comfortable shooting rifle, cuz I feel like I'm stretching my neck out like a goose trying to get as close as possible to the rear sight.

I saw a thread awhile back with information regarding where one could purchase an A1 stock.  I'm particularly interested in buying one that has a GREY finish, NOT the glossy black finish.

Any help, fellas?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 8:49:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Fulton Armory has them. They are even grey.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#2]
No problem.  All the buffer tubes for the fixed stock guns use the same length buffer tube.  Remove your A2 stock, remove the A2 stock spacer, slide on the A1 stock and be sure to use a shorter screw that does not protrude ahead of the most forward thread in the tube.  Otherwise it will interfere with the buffer travel.

I don't think I have ever seen a gray-colored A1 stock.  They are all black unless someone has refinished it.  Check out the source in the post above.

Go to the Equipment Exchange section and post what you want.  I got one last year for $20 that was brand new and in 100% condition.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 10:49:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Try

CMMG, Inc
PO Box 369
Fayette, MO 65248
(660)-248-2293
www.cmmginc.com
[email protected]

I got a real cherry A1 stock from him.  It was not quite as gray as an A2 stock, but it is still a flat matte finish, not the slick old M16 black.  Good service and prompt shipping.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 11:11:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info, guys.  So it shouldn't be that difficult then?  I'm not the handiest guy on the planet, but this should be a straight forward deal, right?  Are there any specific tools that I may need?
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 7:57:42 AM EDT
[#5]
www.cavalryarms is making new production A1 length buttstocks in several colors.  

As to tools required, you just need a screwdriver for the screws at the rear.  Make sure you don't lose the spring and detent for the take-down pin when you remove the stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top