Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/7/2002 5:55:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 6:40:10 PM EDT
Bushmaster
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 8:28:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2002 8:31:14 PM EDT by barrel_nut]
FN makes govt profile barrels. www.jtsurplus.com usually has them.

There is some other company making these barrels for the Air Force, but I can not recall the name.

They are all prebans. To the best of my knowledge, no manufacturer is making a postban A2 barrel.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 5:03:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By barrel_nut:They are all prebans. To the best of my knowledge, no manufacturer is making a postban A2 barrel.

What would be really nice would be post-ban A1 pencil barrels, especially a post-ban 16" lightweight. Applying the Dremel to the bayonet lug & pin/welding a brake isn't rocket science, but still....
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 6:30:43 AM EDT
I purchased a DPMS A2 20" Government profile chrome lined barrel from Gunsmoke Ent. this past July.

The barrel was a contract item that DPMS produced in lots of 100 at a time.

Also Check with CMMG as they carry this barrel From DPMS.

BTW, They are all produced in 1x7 twist and chrome lined.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 8:16:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RiffRandall:
What would be really nice would be post-ban A1 pencil barrels, especially a post-ban 16" lightweight. Applying the Dremel to the bayonet lug & pin/welding a brake isn't rocket science, but still....

Bushmaster makes such a beast - they should be available this month.

Or you could buy the pre-ban version from Gunsmoke and have them do the conversion for you (they do a VERY nice job of it).
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 8:18:28 AM EDT
FYI if you can't find one you can have one made for you. For $55 Kurt will turn your 20" HBAR into a A2 Govt profile barrel. I did this and it turned out great. Looks perfect, and shoots the same as it did before the 'weight loss'.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 8:42:18 AM EDT
Sarco usually runs a multi page add in SGN advertising, among other things, that barrel. Kurt is currently putting together an upper for me with one of those.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 5:57:15 AM EDT
BTW Sarco barrel is chrome lined barrel, chrome lined chamber, and 1 in 12.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 8:22:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RiffRandall:

Originally Posted By barrel_nut:They are all prebans. To the best of my knowledge, no manufacturer is making a postban A2 barrel.

I saw a guy at a gun show in Michigan who had post ban pencil barrel uppers in both A2 and A3 configuration. He said the barrel was by Wilson. I bought an A3 preban upper from him with the pencil barrel which is real light and fun to shoot. Only paid $285.00. If I can remember his name I will post it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 11:17:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 1:04:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 4:30:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sweep:

Originally Posted By barrel_nut:
FN makes govt profile barrels. www.jtsurplus.com usually has them.

There is some other company making these barrels for the Air Force, but I can not recall the name.

They are all prebans. To the best of my knowledge, no manufacturer is making a postban A2 barrel.

Not very knowledgable in this area so correct me if I'm wrong.

I just bought an upper from J&T Distributors that was post-ban. FN upper with Shaw barrel.

I thought the 20" Shaw barrels that J&T sells are heavy under the handguards, rather than the govt. profile.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 8:00:47 PM EDT

I thought the 20" Shaw barrels that J&T sells are heavy under the handguards, rather than the govt. profile.
IIRC the gov profile barrels are listed under the colt barrels. They are FN chrome lined 1:7.
Top Top