User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2002 5:55:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushmaster
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#2]
FN makes govt profile barrels.  www.jtsurplus.com usually has them.

There is some other company making these barrels for the Air Force, but I can not recall the name.

They are all prebans.  To the best of my knowledge, no manufacturer is making a postban A2 barrel.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 5:03:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:They are all prebans.  To the best of my knowledge, no manufacturer is making a postban A2 barrel.

What would be really nice would be post-ban A1 pencil barrels, especially a post-ban 16" lightweight.  Applying the Dremel to the bayonet lug & pin/welding a brake isn't rocket science, but still....
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 6:30:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I purchased a DPMS A2 20" Government profile chrome lined barrel from Gunsmoke Ent. this past July.

The barrel was a contract item that DPMS produced in lots of 100 at a time.

Also Check with CMMG as they carry this barrel From DPMS.

BTW, They are all produced in 1x7 twist and chrome lined.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 8:16:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What would be really nice would be post-ban A1 pencil barrels, especially a post-ban 16" lightweight.  Applying the Dremel to the bayonet lug & pin/welding a brake isn't rocket science, but still....

Bushmaster makes such a beast - they should be available this month.

Or you could buy the pre-ban version from Gunsmoke and have them do the conversion for you (they do a VERY nice job of it).
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 8:18:28 AM EDT
[#6]
FYI if you can't find one you can have one made for you.  For $55 Kurt will turn your 20" HBAR into a A2 Govt profile barrel.  I did this and it turned out great.  Looks perfect, and shoots the same as it did before the 'weight loss'.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 8:42:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Sarco usually runs a multi page add in SGN advertising, among other things, that barrel.  Kurt is currently putting together an upper for me with one of those.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 5:57:15 AM EDT
[#8]
BTW Sarco barrel is chrome lined barrel, chrome lined chamber, and 1 in 12.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 8:22:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:They are all prebans.  To the best of my knowledge, no manufacturer is making a postban A2 barrel.

I saw a guy at a gun show in Michigan who had post ban pencil barrel uppers in both A2 and A3 configuration. He said the barrel was by Wilson. I bought an A3 preban upper from him with the pencil barrel which is real light and fun to shoot. Only paid $285.00. If I can remember his name I will post it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
FN makes govt profile barrels.  www.jtsurplus.com usually has them.

There is some other company making these barrels for the Air Force, but I can not recall the name.

They are all prebans.  To the best of my knowledge, no manufacturer is making a postban A2 barrel.

Not very knowledgable in this area so correct me if I'm wrong.

I just bought an upper from J&T Distributors that was post-ban. FN upper with Shaw barrel.

I thought the 20" Shaw barrels that J&T sells are heavy under the handguards, rather than the govt. profile.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 8:00:47 PM EDT
[#13]

I thought the 20" Shaw barrels that J&T sells are heavy under the handguards, rather than the govt. profile.
IIRC the gov profile barrels are listed under the colt barrels.  They are FN chrome lined 1:7.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top