User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I haven't bought a used RAS in the EE since they topped $100.

It's been a long minute.  
View Quote

I sold a ton of KAC M4RAS for $100 on the EE several years ago, and then suddenly when I was in need the cost had more than doubled for P&S.

This, again, is my gun luck.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
@Bowhntr6pt

If you are interested , mine came with Remington "ARS"...Adapter Rail System handguards.  And the cheesy handguard covers

NOTE:  NO heat shields inside the "ARS" .... and mine has the T numbers infilled white.

I will never use them. I can post pics if you'd like the set I have. ( Free )
View Quote

Thanks for the offer, IM sent.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 4:35:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I sold a ton of KAC M4RAS for $100 on the EE several years ago, and then suddenly when I was in need the cost had more than doubled for P&S.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't bought a used RAS in the EE since they topped $100.

It's been a long minute.  

Sounds exactly like the type of shit that happens to me.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:29:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Just received my uppers today.  No BCG or charging handles were sent .  UGGGG
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:09:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who did you get it from?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:12:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I received my third upper yesterday off of GB and it was in rough shape compared to the other two. It had obviously been shot, was filthy, salty, and had a well worn bcg included. Not as happy with this one.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:25:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Great pics, thanks for posting those. The handguards are as I remember them.

RELATED DISCUSSION  for those that may have missed it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:51:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I received my third upper yesterday off of GB and it was in rough shape compared to the other two. It had obviously been shot, was filthy, salty, and had a well worn bcg included. Not as happy with this one.

Welcome to my club .. you know .. the one nobody wants to join.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:54:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I think it is very safe to declare if you buy these off the same GB vendor that most of us are using ... you really have zero idea what you'll end up receiving.

I never mentioned the enormous gouge in the upper I'm going to paint.  I whined enough about my plight so I just elected to not post about it.  Now that we're all commiserating, it looks like the edge of the upper was used as a hammer. I'm painting this one so I don't care (honestly, wouldn't care anyway ... these are beaters ...) but when someone sells something as "new" and then ships a product with broken, missing, damaged, clearly used parts ... not alright.

Tonight maybe I'll start spray painting the first one.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:42:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Who did you get it from?
View Quote

From the gunrepaircenter on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

OK, I was assuming so. Multiple e-mails to them on my deals they seem ok, should square you away.

My first upper was pristine, but I'm sure it was built in-house with available parts which I was fine with as it had most of the aforementioned markings. I'm awaiting a second that too will be built from parts so it should be as nice as that's what I requested. I bought directly for the second upper and not via GB.

I've been communicating with a guy name Drew.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:24:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Welcome to my club .. you know .. the one nobody wants to join.
View Quote

I have a lifetime membership to that club
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:44:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Final configuration.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Spraying the base color.  I’m carrying it outside in the dark so it’s far from my best rattle canning.  I’m either going to use OD as a contrast or Earth Brown and OD.

TBD
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:29:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:46:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think it is very safe to declare if you buy these off the same GB vendor that most of us are using ... you really have zero idea what you'll end up receiving.

I never mentioned the enormous gouge in the upper I'm going to paint.  I whined enough about my plight so I just elected to not post about it.  Now that we're all commiserating, it looks like the edge of the upper was used as a hammer. I'm painting this one so I don't care (honestly, wouldn't care anyway ... these are beaters ...) but when someone sells something as "new" and then ships a product with broken, missing, damaged, clearly used parts ... not alright.

Tonight maybe I'll start spray painting the first one.
View Quote

So it looks like a Colt does from the factory

Anyone scoped the inside of one of these yet? Is the gas port correct 0.062"?
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#18]
To update my previous post, I bought from JFE and was missing the stock/buffer/spring represented on their page.  I messaged them to get the parts sent.   I didn’t hear back for 6 days so I called them and got an answer this time.  They made it right…shipped the missing items.

For what it’s worth, if you call their number you ext 1 gets you JFE.  Ext 2 gets Gun Repair Center.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
To update my previous post, I bought from JFE and was missing the stock/buffer/spring represented on their page.  I messaged them to get the parts sent.   I didn’t hear back for 6 days so I called them and got an answer this time.  They made it right…shipped the missing items.

For what it’s worth, if you call their number you ext 1 gets you JFE.  Ext 2 gets Gun Repair Center.
View Quote

Anyone else think that's a tad shady?

I've hit mine with the second of four colors.  Since I was spraying in the dark it isn't perfect, but rattle can is effective for that very reason ... it is field expedient.

I'll try to get some updated images on here soon.

My schedule has been stupid, but I'm making time to take a second upper to the range while the paint "cures" (yeah right) on the one tested for this thread.  I'm mounting a Vortex SE Gen 2 1-8x and MBT-2S to see if I can tighten up my groups.  I'll be following up on that too.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I wasn’t happy with the paint so I brought it to the range with me to over spray.

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 8:14:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Brought a second R4 SOCOM upper with me.  I had a Vortex SE Gen2 1-8 on it.  At 50 yards I was shooting 1” 5 shot groups with Wolf. This is about the same as a Colt SOCOM!
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 9:10:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Anyone have a link or contact info?  I want a few lol
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Anyone have a link or contact info?  I want a few lol
View Quote

Info in
THIS THREAD
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I wasn’t happy with the paint so I brought it to the range with me to over spray.

https://i.ibb.co/6YrpYLh/IMG-5003.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/vB65GMS/IMG-5002.jpg
View Quote

This looks great, what colors & brand did you end up using?
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This looks great, what colors & brand did you end up using?
View Quote

Rust-Oleum (satin) Nutmeg
Rust-Oleum (camo) Army Green
Krylon (camo) Olive Green
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

OK, I was assuming so. Multiple e-mails to them on my deals they seem ok, should square you away.

My first upper was pristine, but I'm sure it was built in-house with available parts which I was fine with as it had most of the aforementioned markings. I'm awaiting a second that too will be built from parts so it should be as nice as that's what I requested. I bought directly for the second upper and not via GB.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Received the missing parts today.  Good customer service from gunrepaircenter.   Waiting on a couple of flash hiders then out to ADCO for the install.  Will definitely use UPS.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 1:47:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Received the missing parts today.  Good customer service from gunrepaircenter.   Waiting on a couple of flash hiders then out to ADCO for the install.  Will definitely use UPS.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:57:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So it looks like a Colt does from the factory

Anyone scoped the inside of one of these yet? Is the gas port correct 0.062"?
View Quote

I pulled off my FSP today to prep for my RIS III FSP rail coming on Friday and I measured the gas port size. It is .062".
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I pulled off my FSP today to prep for my RIS III FSP rail coming on Friday and I measured the gas port size. It is .062".
View Quote

So they’re drilled to Colt M4 specs.  That’s good to know.  I’m over 500 rounds thru one of mine without issue.  It’s very accurate and has sharp but light recoil.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 7:30:50 AM EDT
[#31]
^^^with a carbine buffer
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 8:34:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So they’re drilled to Colt M4 specs.  That’s good to know.  I’m over 500 rounds thru one of mine without issue.  It’s very accurate and has sharp but light recoil.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, .062" GP diameter, no park under FSB.

For those interested,  the Remington 11.5" SOCOM bbls are .070" GP diameter.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Received my second upper today. Pristine, 100% condition, does not appear to have been test fired.

This was built from the parts GRC has on hand.

These things are one hell of a deal at about $315 delivered to your door. Damn, resisting buying another just because.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:29:36 PM EDT
[#34]
I received an upper in used condition and they’re sending me another with a return label included. Seems if you’re not happy with what you get they have no problem making it right. Buy with confidence. I’m at four now with an 11.5” on the way. I should probably stop now
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 4:18:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I received an upper in used condition and they’re sending me another with a return label included. Seems if you’re not happy with what you get they have no problem making it right. Buy with confidence. I’m at four now with an 11.5” on the way. I should probably stop now
View Quote

It is good that they're exchanging products but they should not need to do so.  Their ad indicates "NEW OLD STOCK".  I'm pretty sure the accepted definition of "NEW OLD STOCK" is a product that might have a little "shop wear" (i.e. handling evidence) but that has never been used.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Destroyed the firing pins for no reason...unless used for drill purposes prior to selling I can't think of why that was necessary.
View Quote

I got one of these from a dealer on gunbroker, the firing pin worked fine. Where did the demilled  FP come from?
F marked front sight base sighted in right away with the carry handle sight, I mean no adjustments other than raising the front sight post a click or two.
It’s a great upper and was a heck of a deal with a carry handle and a general cutlery bayonet.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 9:53:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I got one of these from a dealer on gunbroker, the firing pin worked fine. Where did the demilled  FP come from?
F marked front sight base sighted in right away with the carry handle sight, I mean no adjustments other than raising the front sight post a click or two.
It’s a great upper and was a heck of a deal with a carry handle and a general cutlery bayonet.
View Quote

The two with demilled firing pins I received were from the same GB dealer everyone is buying from.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 8:08:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Did everyone get their service issues resolved?  Thinking about picking one up again
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 3:08:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Did everyone get their service issues resolved?  Thinking about picking one up again
View Quote

I did, yep, they were great to work with.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 9:11:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

You may or may not get everything pictured. Last order was direct from gun repair center, specifically the upper pictured with a carry handle sight and bayonet.  No carry handle was included.  Technically the listing doesn’t mention one, but I t’s pictured.  I had a helluva time on the shipment.  USPS lost it, and I was left to deal with it.  When it was eventually found, and I was happy enough to be done with the mess, I didn’t screw with asking about the sight.

Again, not sure of the exact relationship between JFE and gun repair center, but the JFE order was missing items too.  They sent me replacements after a few unanswered emails followed by a call.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Hey everyone, new to the R4 but I wanted to thank everyone for all the posts here and which convinced me to take the leap, I just finished an order to Gunrepair Center.  Hoping all goes well, I had them do the pin and weld for me before shipment so I'm assuming it will take a bit longer to ship.  I'll post some pics after it arrives and I plan on a video for my Youtube channel as well.

If this turns out well, I think this is a solid buy as I don't know many places where you can buy a battle-proven M4 with a CHF barrel for this money and I can live without T-Marks :)
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 11:38:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hey everyone, new to the R4 but I wanted to thank everyone for all the posts here and which convinced me to take the leap, I just finished an order to Gunrepair Center.  Hoping all goes well, I had them do the pin and weld for me before shipment so I'm assuming it will take a bit longer to ship.  I'll post some pics after it arrives and I plan on a video for my Youtube channel as well.

If this turns out well, I think this is a solid buy as I don't know many places where you can buy a battle-proven M4 with a CHF barrel for this money and I can live without T-Marks :)
View Quote

Welcome to the forum
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 5:13:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Regarding service:

I never contacted them about all of the issues with my four uppers.  It was easier to buy the needed parts and accept that to them “new” means “used”.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 5:15:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

No doubt those uppers are a great value.

I just got back one of two Form 1's I submitted as I'm leaving both of mine 14.5".

Ordered the Expo Arms RAS for $138 delivered and that along with a TA31 ACOG will complete one of my builds. Thanks to another member here the second rifle will have the Remington rail... not sure about the optic for that build... might duplicate the ACOG if I see one at a good price.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
...I don't know many places where you can buy a battle-proven M4 with a CHF barrel for this money and I can live without T-Marks :)
View Quote

It's a regular SOCOM barrel- no CHF.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...I don't know many places where you can buy a battle-proven M4 with a CHF barrel for this money and I can live without T-Marks :)

AFAIK, that hasn't been settled...

https://silahreport.com/2020/04/18/remington-r4s-reach-iraq/

Attachment Attached File

Remington sales materials list as CHF as well.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

What information do you have that says the barrels are not CHF?

Link Posted: 8/21/2023 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Regarding the CHF vs non-CHF debate there appears to be a lot more evidence supporting the idea they're all CHF.

However, it really doesn't matter as we're buying these uppers and using them.  Most of us will not shoot 20,000+ rounds through one to determine if was ... or was not ... CHF.

I may hit that mark with one of my four.  Three are still new so I should be set for several years on these even if I keep up my higher-than-most round count shooting schedule.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

No doubt those uppers are a great value.

I just got back one of two Form 1's I submitted as I'm leaving both of mine 14.5".

Ordered the Expo Arms RAS for $138 delivered and that along with a TA31 ACOG will complete one of my builds. Thanks to another member here the second rifle will have the Remington rail... not sure about the optic for that build... might duplicate the ACOG if I see one at a good price.
View Quote

The price on those EA RAS make me feel a little bad about painting a KAC on my user R4 upper, haha.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 11:30:15 AM EDT
[#50]

IDK everything I've seen says CHF??
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top