AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:59:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Issues with a pooperduty rifle? Shocking. Why people respect those piles of garbage is beyond me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My BCM std M4 upper did not like steel case for the first 500 rounds.  Runs it flawlessly now.

This not an uncommon thing.  My son has a Super Duty and it won’t run steel case period.

Issues with a pooperduty rifle? Shocking. Why people respect those piles of garbage is beyond me.

Speaking of piles of garbage.... I am surprised you're still around.

ETA... I don't own a BCM, but I have been around a lot of them at classes/courses and they seem to run great. My shooting buddy really likes his.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:49:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

ETA... I don't own a BCM, but I have been around a lot of them at classes/courses and they seem to run great. My shooting buddy really likes his.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:59:57 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL........

All I have are BCM's.  Until I have a reason to change I will not.
Actually I do have 1 20" that is the PSA FN MG upper.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 2:54:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thats neat and all, but he didnt ask about the barrel specifically. He asked about the whole upper, of which the barrel is only part of. I know you love trolling these threads to repost these same tests over and over (the original threads are quite good, seeing them repeatedly.. not so much), but this isnt solely a barrel thread.

But im sure my post is just "bullshit" to you, as its not what you want to hear. I hope this one post doesnt cause you to pick up your ball and go away again, and shit talk this forum all over TOS as you did before.
View Quote

Why your panties all in a wad? His post contributed more than yours did.

OP I think people were more on board with BCM when they came with free BCGs. Very well built but not the most accurate based on others comments. By no means am I stating as fact. I don’t want to repeat blatant misinformation.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 4:20:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well said
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 11:08:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

OP I think people were more on board with BCM when they came with free BCGs. Very well built but not the most accurate based on others comments. By no means am I stating as fact. I don’t want to repeat blatant misinformation.
View Quote

Still do, at least for now - https://bravocompanyusa.com/ar15-upper-receiver-groups/
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats neat and all, but he didnt ask about the barrel specifically. He asked about the whole upper, of which the barrel is only part of. I know you love trolling these threads to repost these same tests over and over (the original threads are quite good, seeing them repeatedly.. not so much), but this isnt solely a barrel thread.

But im sure my post is just "bullshit" to you, as its not what you want to hear. I hope this one post doesnt cause you to pick up your ball and go away again, and shit talk this forum all over TOS as you did before.

Apparently, I’m living rent-free in his head.  He’s a retread that’s been banned multiple times under multiple user names.
He has fucked-over members in the equipment exchange and then re-registered under a different username to hide that.
He has been smacked-down by moderators for shitting in tech threads and then re-registered under a different username to get around that.

Here he is in 2017, on at least his second user name, shitting all over my name in a thread that I hadn’t even posted in.  

For that same post, he is found-out to be a retread and is banned from the website.

Here he is in 2018, after being banned in 2017, back with yet another user name and again shitting all over my name in a thread that I hadn’t even posted in.  He seems to be particularly traumatized by the fact that I “took my ball and went home.”  

Here’s his post from this thread under one of his latest user names, appearing deeply concerned that I again might “take my ball and go away.”

….

And in this current thread . . .

Quoted:
Thats neat and all, but he didnt ask about the barrel specifically. He asked about the whole upper, of which the barrel is only part of. I know you love trolling these threads to repost these same tests over and over (the original threads are quite good, seeing them repeatedly.. not so much), but this isnt solely a barrel thread. But im sure my post is just "bullshit" to you, as its not what you want to hear.

In my above post it was clearly stated that:

"I purchased this barrel as part of a BCM factory assembled upper receiver group with the MCMR 13” free-float hand guard. The barrel has BCM’s pinned and welded A2X flash hider."

So you're either flat out lying or your reading comprehension needs at lot of work. Which is it?

What was your previous user name on this website that you were permanently banned under?

Quoted:
I hope this one post doesnt cause you to pick up your ball and go away again, and shit talk this forum all over TOS as you did before.

One of the good things about the Internet is that it's forever. The link below takes you to the search function on TOS where you can find every single post that I've ever made on the TOS, so you'll have no trouble showing us, EXACTLY, all of the threads in which I "shit talked this forum all over TOS"; that is unless you're just flat out lying again.

You have to login to that site first and then click on the link below.

search function

Link Posted: 6/5/2023 6:11:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I’m specifically looking at 11.5” uppers but if it won’t run steel case, I’ll have to look elsewhere. I have tens of thousands of rounds of steel case and all of my other guns run it without issue. I’m not interested in having one that requires special treatment.

Does anyone know if the apparent issues with steel case are gas or chamber related? Or, if it’s specific to either the standard or hammer forged barrels?
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 7:42:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Steel case are notoriously under powered. Combined with the steel casing not obturating in the chamber like brass, causing carbon to blow by into the chamber, causing the guns to have harder extraction issues.

So under gassed guns, those with small gas ports, that run fine with full powered brass ammo, can struggle to run steel.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 7:59:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a 20 inch BCM upper that ran all kinds of shit ammo, tula and steel wolf. Eventually, it started to hold onto cases. I chucked a chamber brush in a drill and sprayed it down with CLP. I knocked a big ass carbon ring out. I haven't taken it out in a while but I'm assuming that was the problem.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 8:00:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Do BCMs still have an issue with steel when running suppressed?

I’ve got uppers of all price ranges but even my PSA and frankengun spare parts rifle with Delton barrel will run Wolf steel.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 8:56:10 AM EDT
[#12]
BCM is still good to go.  They were "the it thing" several years ago, but this is AR15.com so we get bored quickly.

I've owned a ton of BCM uppers and lowers. My only negative comments:

1) I had some early uppers / lowers that exhibited more 'side to side' play-or-wobble than any other AR15 I've owned in 39 years.  BCM's only comment was "in spec" when I called CS about it.
2) Some are over gassed. Some are undergassed for steel case Russian ammo.  The undergassed midlengths don't always cycle reliably with Wolf steel case ammo even when you have a carbine buffer installed.
3) In my experience I've had a more difficult time matching Colt accuracy with BCM BFH barrels.

BCM is still a good choice if they offer a barrel design that Colt does not.  If Colt offers the same "profile" I would pick a Colt every time.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
BCM is still good to go.  They were "the it thing" several years ago, but this is AR15.com so we get bored quickly.

I've owned a ton of BCM uppers and lowers. My only negative comments:

1) I had some early uppers / lowers that exhibited more 'side to side' play-or-wobble than any other AR15 I've owned in 39 years.  BCM's only comment was "in spec" when I called CS about it.
2) Some are over gassed. Some are undergassed for steel case Russian ammo.  The undergassed midlengths don't always cycle reliably with Wolf steel case ammo even when you have a carbine buffer installed.
3) In my experience I've had a more difficult time matching Colt accuracy with BCM BFH barrels.

BCM is still a good choice if they offer a barrel design that Colt does not.  If Colt offers the same "profile" I would pick a Colt every time.
View Quote

I could just get a Colt EPR or DD V7 upper for a couple hundred more.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 10:02:42 AM EDT
[#14]
My 2011 era BCM 11.5" barrel did not like steel cased ammo unless it was zinc coated like Silver Bear or MFS.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#15]
My BCM BFH ELW upper either runs fine with steel ammo or the case gets stuck in the chamber and needs to be knocked out with a cleaning rod.  Steel case ammo does not induce malfunctions other than this.  This happens every time I attempt to run steel case ammo.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 10:33:09 AM EDT
[#16]
That about does it. If I wanted a gun that wouldn’t run steel case, I would have kept my Olympic Arms 25 years ago.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Because people talk shit. No other reason. BCM makes an excellent rifle and parts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would easily one the best AR manufacturers in existence all of a sudden not be good to go? lol

Because people talk shit. No other reason. BCM makes an excellent rifle and parts.

Because sometimes great companies lose their way, or have financial issues that may force them to cut corners, or decrease the quality of the components they use or make, or have other reasons that they end up turning a once great product into an unreliable one.

Asking the same questions every so often sometimes turns up new information. The same question answered a year ago, but asked again today, might show new issues that didn't exist years ago.

I can remember when Sig was considered one of the elite gun companies, and today they're a joke. Remington and Remington ammo, same thing.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 5:33:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Because sometimes great companies lose their way, or have financial issues that may force them to cut corners, or decrease the quality of the components they use or make, or have other reasons that they end up turning a once great product into an unreliable one.

Asking the same questions every so often sometimes turns up new information. The same question answered a year ago, but asked again today, might show new issues that didn't exist years ago.

I can remember when Sig was considered one of the elite gun companies, and today they're a joke. Remington and Remington ammo, same thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would easily one the best AR manufacturers in existence all of a sudden not be good to go? lol

Fair enough, I suppose. I haven't bought a BCM upper in over 5 years, but the ones that I do/did have run/ran fine.  However, I cannot tell you about steel case in a BCM, because steel case (to me at least) is just shit ammo that I won't run in any rifle. And I have owned some really good rifles (and some cheapos, too) over the years. Not trying to be an asshole here. I just won't use it, even at the range. BCM does make some of the better rifles around IMHO (even if some of them won't run steel case.) I am sure there are other good rifles that won't either. I ought to take a survey and see if there are owners of LMT/Knights/LWRC/DD etc. that run steel case! I sure wouldn't run it in a high-dollar rifle like that if I owned one.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I will vouch for BCM built more than a few using their uppers.  Worst issue I had with one I still believe it was a magazine issue with a hexmag but BIL a blamed the rifle.  FIL has one I got him as a Christmas gift and it is like a sewing machine.  I have on thrown in my safe that I do not shoot that much anymore but has never given me an issue it is a backup rifle.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:14:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:04:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I am curious, do you happen to know your gas port size ?

And / or when did you purchase it ?  I see it is a BFH so it is most likely newer then mine.

My 14.5" ELW Fluted, from years ago is VERY soft shooting. I have never fired steel in it, but I have always assumed the Gas port was on the small side.

FWIW.... all my BCM's just flat out run with brass.  Not a steel cased snob, just not my thing. Lol... I think I have one case of steel cased Copper Jacketed .223. ( not sure if I have ever fired any of that. )

View Quote

Sorry, I do not know the port size.  I should buy some gauges somewhere.  
I believe I bought this in 2017-2018.
I never shot steel out of it until a couple years ago when I bought some for a class.  I shoot some whenever I have this rifle out just to see if it was cured from a cleaning.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am curious, do you happen to know your gas port size ?

And / or when did you purchase it ?  I see it is a BFH so it is most likely newer then mine.

My 14.5" ELW Fluted, from years ago is VERY soft shooting. I have never fired steel in it, but I have always assumed the Gas port was on the small side.

FWIW.... all my BCM's just flat out run with brass.  Not a steel cased snob, just not my thing. Lol... I think I have one case of steel cased Copper Jacketed .223. ( not sure if I have ever fired any of that. )

Drill bit shanks work as crude pin gauges.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top