BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#1]
geissele super duty fails to eject, fails to lock bolt back

very timely, and I sent a link to this thread to my friend who sent me the following email this past Tuesday concerning the first outing for the Super Duty 11.5 pistol that he recently received...

Spent 3 hrs. at the range today with the Geissele Pistol. I was unimpressed enough to plan a call to Geissele tomorrow. Multiple failures to eject and lock the slide open after the last round suppressed and unsuppressed. Had to mortar it once to get an empty case out. It didn’t like any of the (3) brands of 55gr 5.56 I put through it… Probably me but my best group was about 1” @ 50 yards with IMI 77gr.

He's currently awaiting an RMA and instructions on how to proceed.

-Rainman

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I feel like geissele should just stick with their rails and triggers. They were doing fine but like most companies getting bigger they expand their lineup and run into QC issues when they first start rolling them out. I feel like geissele going into the complete rifle is like what happened to BCM. They saw the market shift and tried to keep up but fell short.

They should follow companies like LMT and KAC. They both seem to know what they're doing and they do it well enough.
View Quote

Are you saying BCM has fallen short?  Short of what?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Got mine back a little while ago. Went to test it out and had the same issue on the first round. Every subsequent round after fired, extracted and ejected as it should. Only shot about a mag's worth though. I'm still a bit hesitant to rely on this thing. Didn't receive any information detailing what was done do remedy the issue.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#4]
problems with yet another geissele 16" super duty

I had the exact same issue as Molon with a brand new 16” super duty. It took almost a month and a half with two trips for the upper to go back for “repair” and a very serious fuck up on Geissele’s part, before they finally overnighted me a brand new upper and a free set of their BUIS to make it right. It was such a pain in the ass getting them to respond in an appropriate timeframe, that it took me blowing up every single @geissele.com email address I could find to get the ball rolling in the right direction, resulting in their director of operations contacting me directly and working to get the problem resolved. I had one of the employees over the phone admit to me that they are overworked and understaffed, which was mind boggling to me that a company employee would admit that openly to a customer, although it is apparent in many ways. Regardless, they did ultimately make it right, but this fiasco was something I’d find unsurprising if I bought a $700 PSA, not a $1900 “premium” rifle.

The new upper shot perfectly, but after the hassle and the abhorrent lack of QC exhibited both in their manufacturing process and their assembly process, it left me with such a poor taste in my mouth that I parted out the rifle at a loss, only keeping the components I needed for another build
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been lucky enough that so far my geissele products have been great.

Their shipping department sending my non ffl items to my ffl, credit card info getting stolen every time, and them being seemingly unorganized gets on my nerves but the products have been good in my experience.

QC issues can happen but the premium price should go towards making it less likely.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have been lucky enough that so far my geissele products have been great.

Their shipping department sending my non ffl items to my ffl, credit card info getting stolen every time, and them being seemingly unorganized gets on my nerves but the products have been good in my experience.

QC issues can happen but the premium price should go towards making it less likely.
View Quote

LOL.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Now I'm going to take my URGI and 16" Super Duty barrels out for at least a cursory accuracy test after seeing this nonsense.

There is ZERO excuse for not getting dimensions on gas ports right this far along in the AR's life cycle on any barrel length.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Now I'm going to take my URGI and 16" Super Duty barrels out for at least a cursory accuracy test after seeing this nonsense.

There is ZERO excuse for not getting dimensions on gas ports right this far along in the AR's life cycle on any barrel length.
View Quote

there's ZERO excuse for that at any price point, let alone at Geissele's prices, and given their reputation as one of the premier manufacturers in the game.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
sad, they should  just stick to making ALG rails again.
View Quote

The ALG rail I received this past black Friday was pretty horrible. It was a couple thousandths undersized and a doozy for me to install even with heat. Of course, that doesn't matter because the cowitness Pic rail section I needed for it was sold out everywhere by January when i attempted to finish it off. They don't plan to make more of them. I don't think I am going to buy another alg product.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got about $5k worth of G stuff and have been happy with everything except a bent mag catch.

No clue how that made it past QC and into a bag. It took them about a week to get back to me, but when they did they got me a new mag catch. Not great, not terrible service in these times, for my expectations anyway.

That said, all these barrel issues have me pausing any G purchases till this is fixed/statement released etc. I was planning on getting another upper for one of my SDs, but after seeing all the fucked up barrels I ended up parting out that rifle.

I've noticed almost all of their rifles and uppers have been OOS for a while now, hopefully that means they paused production to figure out what is going on. This is a mess.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like G products. I built two rifles using all G parts, including the fancy BCG. That being said, their customer service is horrible and have a superiority complex when they have to fix flawed parts they sold. I got a maritime bolt catch that i bought new and was rusty, like bad. I sent them an email, they took over a week to reply back. They had me send pics, receipts and other stuff. They said they would send me label to send it  back, but they never did. I sent an email a week later and never got a response. I just spray painted it and used it because they had zero interest in replacing it.

If it was something I did wrong I understand, but I payed them money, received a rusty part, and they didn’t care. Compare that with a company like Midwest Industries or Centurion. It is a small issue in general, but just left a bad taste in my mouth. Now, if I had an issue with a $350 barrel and got the same treatment, I can understand why people are upset
View Quote

@GACS
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes. Their barrels are garbage.  And I’m a Geissele fan.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#13]
My limited (1 SSA) experience with Geissele is positive.  And I would wager heavily that anyone who has an issue will be well taken care of eventually by customer service.

My takeaway from threads like this is that I like building my own shit and doing my own QC.

Also like Larue Stealth barrels but I'm not trying to troll!
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:38:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, I’m sure G will make things right…. But at what frustration and hassle?  And at what reasonable judgement to do what’s right when they could easily have put the breaks on earlier?  They clearly “just get shit sold at any cost” and are happy to deal with the fallout later, just more of a money grab than most other mfgs which often comes at the expense of those not swinging from the G nutsack prize table.

The never ending white knight but muh bill can do no wrong ever crew bros that come across to demean anyone that’s unhappy with shit, just make it insufferable and detracts from the brand.

Footnote:  outside of a couple posts, molon has merely quoted and linked other members issues… it all just speaks for itself

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:20:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have a recent build super duty upper that seems to be fine... It's rack grade accurate but functions well.

But my Geissele LE upper (with the ALG rail) showed up with zero attempt to align it with the upper . That shit went straight back.
View Quote

Wouldn’t the anti-rotation tabs pretty much make it impossible to misalign the ALG rail?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 7:47:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Wouldn’t the anti-rotation tabs pretty much make it impossible to misalign the ALG rail?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a recent build super duty upper that seems to be fine... It's rack grade accurate but functions well.

But my Geissele LE upper (with the ALG rail) showed up with zero attempt to align it with the upper . That shit went straight back.

still quite a bit of play even with the tabs
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I wonder how many similar threads could be made about other companies products…
View Quote

Start one, what’s stopping you?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
G makes some really nice triggers and handguards. As they've relentlessly expanded horizontally and into other spaces it's pretty clear they've struggled.

Like not a soul on earth asked for a Geissele LPVO or Bayonet mount.
View Quote

I personally know a bunch of folks who wanted the bayonet mount, to be fair
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#19]
I like geissele products. I have their rails, barrels, triggers, etc. I feel like for G to stay competitive they had to branch out from rails and triggers.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Haven't bought a G product in a couple of years other than a trigger or two, but I've been pretty pleased with the rails and triggers I've bought from them plus some products from ALG.

That said, I personally think they've expanded too far, too fast. Should've probably stuck to rails, triggers and optic mounts.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I like geissele products. I have their rails, barrels, triggers, etc. I feel like for G to stay competitive they had to branch out from rails and triggers.
View Quote

They took on too much and it shows. They should have stuck to rails and triggers IMO because that's where they at problem free except for the Mk16.

Broken Maritime catches due to a wrong heat treatment batch. Bum barrels from bad chambers to undersized gas port holes. That awful not ergonomic pistol grip. That LPVO with a horrible reticle choice.

I will continue to buy their rails and triggers. But not much of else really until it's been proven that they can reach in and grab any part at any moment in time or between lots and then abuse the heck out of it and still function without stacking tolerances of any kind.

My barrel assembly to replace the one that was sent in shows up tomorrow. I want this to be good to go. Will give the barrel a simple plunk test and if it passes that then I will proceed with the install into a functioning upper and then go out on Tuesday weather willing and report back
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a 11.5 bbl in the bin waiting to be assembled. Now I'm really curious to see how it performs.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 6:51:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have a 11.5 bbl in the bin waiting to be assembled. Now I'm really curious to see how it performs.
View Quote

Have you tried a plunk test? Can you do one right now and report back if you don't mind?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#25]

What has molon wrote that makes him appear angry?  Molon has mostly linked other peoples threads and posts with an assumption that G QC has shit the bed.  Happy, Angry or whatever… it’s pretty clear that the execution on the newer G stripped barrels is GARBAGE.  Sorry that hits you in the feelz so hard, but facts are facts mang
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:57:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Didn't Bill call you.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:08:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Didn't Bill call you.
View Quote

Bill probably isn’t happy that he is going to have to replace hundreds of barrels and his customers service department is pure and total garbage. You spend top dollar on barrel or other parts that are supposed to be tier one top notch, don’t respond to an emails for a week or two, and act like they are doing you favor when they agree to replace, but never follow through with a replacement.

I am huge G fan and have several thousand in G parts. However, when they have to fix a mistake on their end, they take weeks and weeks, with no consistency in communication, and half the time, don’t ever follow though with their word and obligation to replace faulty products
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:44:44 AM EDT
[#28]
1st...I do remember OP's chalky finish, and while it did seem overly picky for anodized parts, I also have a few older G-rails that didn't have that appearance and I can only assume that something changed in production process. No problem with that on my end but I'm not shocked someone asked a question about it and while I wouldn't do it, I understand why someone might request to return the product if it wasn't what the expected based on previous purchases. Making a huge deal over it beyond posting a thread to give folks a heads up would have been a bit to much for me.

No offense intended to Mr. G and company as I do have a lot of respect for their efforts in the market.... That said, the quality control issues seemed to start sometime around "#railgate" and the disappearing of some threads related to it in their industry forum, along with the "fingerprint" description from the mothership for inconsistent milling marks on rails that didn't get cleanup passes after making expedient milling passes before heading to finishing.

If the folks from G are still watching this thread, I'd ask they take a step back, evaluate what changed around the above time, and then re-approach how things are getting done. My guess from the outside is that in the rush to turn out new product and not be behind, pre-production test/evaluations were reduced and Q/A steps were being applied to larger batches than previous productions so problems weren't caught as quickly resulting in more final product that needed to be sold that might fall into previous "blem" or scrap piles but are now moved into still good for full release and the new "blem" group respectively [Obviously some still going to scrap].

The duty rifles looked like a really nice concept but I seem to recall they had issues as they launched.

We saw the change in finish to the barrels happen without notice to folks who had backorders in on URGI's and I'm pretty sure that came along with being told Daniel Defense CL phosphate barrels were replaced with CHF G manufactured barrels that were black oxide finished.

What Molon's done here to consolidate current ongoing issues seems reasonable as it offers a platform for others with similar issues to check in and a location for the folks at G to respond. [Hopefully this thread won't disappear like we've seen happen to some threads in the past.] From the posts in this thread and posts I've read in the past, like many things in life, communications on the front end could really help G support future customer relations.

I wish G the best and hope to see them sort these issues out in short order. G offers some great gear concepts and having them in the market is good thing for everyone, so seeing G resolve the current issues with methods that can be used to prevent future production problems would be great.

Edit to add: To those of you having trouble with timely email responses from the mothership, I'd recommend calling them. I've done so a few times in the past to do things like get a spare retainer for a G2S trigger group and get a replacement barrel nut when the original arrived with gouge across the threads. It's been a lot more efficient than trying to send them emails, and that makes sense when you consider just how large of a customer group they are working to serve directly in addition to their dealer network.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 1:08:48 AM EDT
[#29]
This thread really sums it up. While I still like my SSP triggers and MK16 rails (black is way chalky), i won’t be jumping on the bandwagon with the complete rifles or even barrels. Too many better options out there with solid reputation and better track record.

Has the guy that loves to tell people JSOC has chosen the Geissele rifle showed up yet?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 1:49:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Completely agreed that they never should have made it out the door to begin with (que video of BCM trashing gas tubes). Was just trying to point out that Geissele's shown to be willing to rectify the mistakes.

Quoted:
Just got my barrel back from Geissele RMA.  

Had no paperwork or anything letting me know what the issue was or what was done to the barrel for testing. Emailed them asking asking what the issue was when I got shipping notification and no answer back.

Bore looked like no rounds had been test fired through it.

Took it out the range for a test.... And exactly the same issues as before.

No bolt lockback on empty mag w/ M193 or M855 and basically any non-match, medium powered 223 either wouldn't eject at all or completely locked up the action.

DID NOT USE ANY STEEL.

Also used carbine buffer and regular mil spec buffer spring to be as light as possible on the action.

Your harddon for G is pathetic.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 3:38:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 4:10:58 AM EDT
[#32]
So does Geiselle test their barrels by dropping the hammer while yelling ptoo ptoo ptptpttr?
I only like the Geiselle triggers, wouldnt want a bendy nutsack rail for even half off.
With the repeated barrel replacement, heck I wonder in the index pin slot got widened on a few if the upper was reused over and over again.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 4:17:32 AM EDT
[#33]
In
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 4:54:31 AM EDT
[#34]
I almost think that half the issues people have with gas ports is cause a fairly large percentage of AR shooters shoot suppressed mostly or completely.

Its easy to think like that and then have small gas ports that short stroke unsuppressed.

And well bad chambers are just bad.

PS I like my G triggers.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Rack grade accurate? Can you quantify that? Every post I’ve seen about G barrels has reported excellent accuracy, assuming the gun cycles.

View Quote

With a 4x ACOG and match ammo, it was shooting around 2" at 100 yards (maybe "rack grade" isn't the right term to describe). As far as function, it's perfect and has a decent recoil impulse. FWIW, I'm using an A5 buffer system.

I didn't put much thought into it as it was an impulse buy and just a spare upper. It might shoot better if I put more effort into finding the right ammo.

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Start one, what’s stopping you?
View Quote

The fact that I don't have a vendetta against any company that makes me feel the need to consolidate negative threads about them into one.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:42:41 PM EDT
[#37]
One of the links in the OP was mine.

My problem was resolved with a replaced barrel. As a matter of fact is might be the best shooting 16" AR I own.

Geissele took good care of me and I will happily buy another complete rifle when funds permit.

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
One of the links in the OP was mine.

My problem was resolved with a replaced barrel. As a matter of fact is might be the best shooting 16" AR I own.

Geissele took good care of me and I will happily buy another complete rifle when funds permit.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/109231/20220730_151542-2470950.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/109231/20220730_151535-2470943.jpg
View Quote

Geissele barrels are solid ime.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Geissele barrels are solid ime.
View Quote

Clearly the replacement barrel is solid yes
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#40]
There are simply too many options on the market to deal with this shit. Won’t get any of my money.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 2:15:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#42]
I’m reading this thread while thinking, “glad I stuck with LaRue”.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This is a Technical Forum.  Give technical advice, or do not reply.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your harddon for G is pathetic.

This is a Technical Forum.  Give technical advice, or do not reply.

I’m assuming that would apply to this too?

Quoted:

Cola bros gonna Cola bro

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I almost think that half the issues people have with gas ports is cause a fairly large percentage of AR shooters shoot suppressed mostly or completely.
View Quote

Almost certainly not true. Although I'm jealous that you're apparently around a lot of people who shoot suppressed. I'm a magnet for the window lickers running brakes on a 7.5" barrel at an indoor range.

~~~~~~~~~~

I bought a 16" G complete upper last BF and it's been great for the limited amount of shooting I've done with it so far. Zero accuracy or cycling issues. Unsuppressed FWIW.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Geissele is pretty active on the forum, but haven't seen them comment to any of these issues.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#49]

Just pointing out the continued double standard.

Bro.

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#50]

I'm all about being critical of stuff advertised in a certain manner, but I'm pretty sure the rail tab isn't intended or desired to be a puzzle piece fit. That half moon machining mark on the side of the rail is kind of ass though (assuming that's what it is and it's not an oil mark).
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top