Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone get the party started and post their tan super duty
View Quote

I'm glad to hear that JSOC assaulters are going to rifles that are easier to clone lol. Not counting the LVAW, but I blame that on SIG.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:24:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm glad to hear that JSOC assaulters are going to rifles that are easier to clone lol. Not counting the LVAW, but I blame that on SIG.
View Quote

There’s got to be a catch….it can’t be this easy!
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 11:23:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

There’s got to be a catch….it can’t be this easy!
View Quote

Always...
from my observations in modern clones the issues are the following or a mix of them:

-discontinued handguards
-discontinued suppressors
-unreleased optics and mounts
-anodizing/cerakote (could be coupled with point above)
-discontinued optics
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#4]
LMT MRPs are kosher too, here’s a 24th STS pic:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
What does this mean??  Popcorn?
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Looks like a Specwar upper. They use a 12.5" mid gas barrel.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it means he is grabbing some popcorn and standing by for the drama to unfold.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

My guess is that is a personal upper.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

They are issued. I'd post more, but I don't know if the dudes are JSOC or not.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:08:58 PM EDT
[#10]
It is interesting they went with a 10.3 since it seems like 11.5 is gaining popularity. Probably due to familiarity.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 7:31:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Despite the cries from KAC fanboyz, CAG and the 24th selected 10.3 and 14.5" G SD's to replace their 416's.
View Quote
So are these factory G SD with a G 10.3 barrel and G gas block and not DD like the UGRI?
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So are these factory G SD with a G 10.3 barrel and G gas block and not DD like the UGRI?
View Quote

Rumor has it with Surefire Optimized Bolt Carrier Group, buffer spring and long-stroke, H-weight buffer ... so not technically a Geissele SD...

I am still waiting on ITW proof I find it extremity odd a Tier 1 unit would follow the lead of the "white" units ( URG-I), if it is true the elite status is taking a big hit on this one...
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 4:57:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Rumor has it with Surefire Optimized Bolt Carrier Group, buffer spring and long-stroke, H-weight buffer ... so not technically a Geissele SD...

I am still waiting on ITW proof I find it extremity odd a Tier 1 unit would follow the lead of the "white" units ( URG-I), if it is true the elite status is taking a big hit on this one...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It isn't a URG-I.

So if I put an OBC in my rifle, it is no longer a super dooty? Or what if I throw in a LMT EBCG?
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It isn't a URG-I.

So if I put an OBC in my rifle, it is no longer a super dooty? Or what if I throw in a LMT EBCG?
View Quote

yes at that point it is a build to our spec by a subcontractor (Gessile) instead of the Unit armors... but what the f^^k do I know I only worked small arms/ NVG programs for NSW and other special units for 22+ years AD and 13 years now in Industry...
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 6:15:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

yes at that point it is a build to our spec by a subcontractor (Gessile) instead of the Unit armors... but what the f^^k do I know I only worked small arms/ NVG programs for NSW and other special units for 22+ years AD and 13 years now in Industry...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It isn't a URG-I.

OK.

Well, with your industry hook ups, I would think that you can find out what they are issuing.

ETA... aren't a lot of JSOCs weapons historically "build to our spec" and then later modified by their armorers as needed or wanted by the end user? Glock, SIG, HK etc have all done this.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 8:47:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow, someone using with logic instead of wanting to swing their brand of purse.

Cheers to you, sir!
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

OK.

Well, with your industry hook ups, I would think that you can find out what they are issuing.

ETA... aren't a lot of JSOCs weapons historically "build to our spec" and then later modified by their armorers as needed or wanted by the end user? Glock, SIG, HK etc have all done this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It isn't a URG-I.

OK.

Speaking of hook ups, you could also just post your source that a certain unit is going with G rifles.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Speaking of hook ups, you could also just post your source that a certain unit is going with G rifles.
View Quote

What fun would that be?

@S-1 was dropping details on the DEVGRU Noveske gun waaaaaay before anything concrete came out about it.  Somehow he knows.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What fun would that be?

@S-1 was dropping details on the DEVGRU Noveske gun waaaaaay before anything concrete came out about it.  Somehow he knows.
View Quote

So did Chris Costa. Mentioned in an article back in 2018 or 2019 that a certain unit had selected 10.5" .300 blk, while showing his 10.5 noveske.

Is S-1 Chris Costa? The plot thickens...
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:13:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hate to be "that guy" again, but what exactly are you all going after when talking about "JSOC weapons?" JSOC is a headquarters that pulls together several different special mission units and other organizations. So JSOC weapons are whatever those individual SMUs and organizations use. It sounds like some people are talking about Delta, but want to call it "JSOC."
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not asking him to post his "hook ups", but to use his sources to find out. During the last big thread about this in GD, I had a few "industry" people IM on here saying that they were enjoying the thread and that the naysayers were in for a surprise. What makes me chuckle, is why people/haters are in disbelief that CAG would use G's. They build a great rifle and CAG has used G products for years on/in their 416's (wait, are they still 416's then?).

Quoted:
So did Chris Costa. Mentioned in an article back in 2018 or 2019 that a certain unit had selected 10.5" .300 blk, while showing his 10.5 noveske.

Is S-1 Chris Costa? The plot thickens...
View Quote

Unfortunately, I haven't shown my tacticoolness on a runway stage in Japan. The dude is living the life though!!

Quoted:

I hate to be "that guy" again, but what exactly are you all going after when talking about "JSOC weapons?" JSOC is a headquarters that pulls together several different special mission units and other organizations. So JSOC weapons are whatever those individual SMUs and organizations use. It sounds like some people are talking about Delta, but want to call it "JSOC."
View Quote

Yeah, I know. When I said that I was meaning that all of the organizations under JSOC have modified/purpose built weapons.

I'm just trying to figure out what to call my new 6290 EPR since I put a G H2 Super 42 spring, buffer and SSA-E in it. I may have to call Bendy Bill and ask him if my super dooty is still a SD if I put in the OBC that I ordered (not keeping my fingers crossed for it).

Anyways, I'm all confused now. Have fun gents!
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Y’all are hitting part of the reason why JSOC builds are so fun - it encompasses a lot of cool stuff! Everything from tricked out comp’d 1911s to 6SM glocks to LVAWs, 416’s, tanno super duty uppers, SR25s, tOBRs and OBRs, etc. shit, if you have a badass breaching shotty, this would fit in here.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 4:55:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Y’all are hitting part of the reason why JSOC builds are so fun - it encompasses a lot of cool stuff! Everything from tricked out comp’d 1911s to 6SM glocks to LVAWs, 416’s, tanno super duty uppers, SR25s, tOBRs and OBRs, etc. shit, if you have a badass breaching shotty, this would fit in here.
View Quote

Someone say 6SM?

*Placeholder*
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:15:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Despite the cries from KAC fanboyz, CAG and the 24th selected 10.3 and 14.5" G SD's to replace their 416's.
View Quote

lol nice
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Furthermore, nobody is going to throw in barrels with a manufacture date that corresponds to gun they are cloning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Furthermore, nobody is going to throw in barrels with a manufacture date that corresponds to gun they are cloning.

Hello, my name is Nobody.

Someone get the party started and post their tan super duty

Someone isn't here yet, but we can always start without them.

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Hello, my name is Nobody.

Someone isn't here yet, but we can always start without them.

https://i.imgur.com/VbXXWRs.jpg
View Quote

Haha my statement was more targeted towards clones of early GWOT guns, but well played
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Pic thread:

Attachment Attached File

Just waiting on my lvaw handguard
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 2:08:30 PM EDT
[#29]

Forgive my ignorance, but what is up with that front sight placement?  Just curious about sight radius, and all that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is up with that front sight placement?  Just curious about sight radius, and all that.
View Quote

My peq normally goes in front of it, so the sight is far enough back that the peq is still on the receiver rail
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Is that the Wilcox magnifier/optic riser combo?
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#32]
@amt115

Yes, it is. Mine is the 5/8 set screw version. Both the .410” and the 5/8 have been seen in the wild on LVAWs.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Unless your lower is a colt third hole with a serial number in the range that was sent to the gov, it's not going to be 100% clone. Furthermore, nobody is going to throw in barrels with a manufacture date that corresponds to gun they are cloning.
View Quote

for fucks sake, this nonsense shit again
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 6:54:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
@amt115

Yes, it is. Mine is the 5/8 set screw version. Both the .410” and the 5/8 have been seen in the wild on LVAWs.
View Quote

Nice ??. A dude had one in a class I was in the other day. It was a very sweet setup
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:16:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

for fucks sake, this nonsense shit again
View Quote

By cutting out part of the whole paragraph, I’m not sure what your issue is here. Are you in favor of excessively stringent clone requirements or against? I am most certainly on the lenient side and try to distance from some of the parts club stuffiness that can permeate other clone threads (people are and should pursue things to be as close to issued if they do choose. I would prefer to allow people to post in threads even if they didn’t go down the full rabbit hole of accurate markings on their roll mark)
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 8:54:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

My peq normally goes in front of it, so the sight is far enough back that the peq is still on the receiver rail
View Quote

Ah, shit...copy.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 1:46:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 1:54:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tag for the 10.3 and 14.5 Geissele Super Duty builds.

Matt Pranka has been rocking a 10.3 Geissele on his Instagram.  Probably not a coincidence considering what unit he came from.

Your information is now slightly outdated.  This is no longer the case.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#39]

????????
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2022 12:56:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Kind of a LVAW. Didn't really go after the clone accessories. SRD762TI is still in jail.

Link Posted: 5/3/2022 1:43:44 AM EDT
[#42]

Whoa neat never seen anything like that in ITW references. Do these stow in level 2/3 holsters or just custom kydex?
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 7:43:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Whoa neat never seen anything like that in ITW references. Do these stow in level 2/3 holsters or just custom kydex?
View Quote

@northcoastwizard Custom kydex. Advanced Holster was the OG, but some other companies made them for a short time.

Link Posted: 5/3/2022 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#44]

Damn.  That’s badass.

I think I’ve only seen one T1 SSM for sale on the EE for as long as I’ve been looking.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 7:11:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is it the surefire/geissele collab?

Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:15:10 AM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://teppoblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/20191106-Geissele-Surefire-2.jpg

That is pure sex
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
if you have a badass breaching shotty, this would fit in here.
View Quote

Interesting.

Breeching be fun.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://teppoblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/20191106-Geissele-Surefire-2.jpg

No.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Please tell me it’s an mcx…
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top