BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 3:28:32 PM EDT
[#1]
As a side, I don't dislike LMT's piston system.  It is actually well designed (love the gas rings on the piston head).  However, LMTs are minimally gassed and their piston guns won't always run on crap (e.g. Wolf Classic steel case) ammo.  I want my guns to run with whatever garbage I feed them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@JK-919

I am sorry for the delay, I promised you a picture of the LMT's....

All four of mine are set up the same, same type of optic, Aimpoint M Type, Geissele mount (the absolute best Aimpoint mount, IMO), LMT SOPMOD, B5 grip, Larue MBT 2S triggers, LMT ambi safeties, LMT ambi charging handles.  All have Deadair three prong FH's for my Deadair Sandman S and K suppressors

The third one from the top is the MRP MARS LM8 rifle, slick side upper, the second from the top is also a MARS and the top one is the piston.  The piston is as smooth as my PWS.

Of all of the rounds that have been thru the rifles, not one FTF, FTE, nothing, as relaible as you can get.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/16476/C4D82342-7F0F-4855-ACDD-F27820B09607-2271533.jpg

View Quote

That’s a lot of money in one picture, nice. I actually saw a store with 4 of the LM8 slick sided rails for $2000 on gunbroker, but I wanted mlok so I passed. They may still be up there.

I’ve never used steel case ammo in my non-AK guns, so not too concerned with the gassing. Always seemed to find decent deals on wolf gold or prvi (although those days are now long past).

I’ll post some photos of mine when I pick it up Thursday to compare piston gas blocks.

Edit: one left on the auction https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/923715048
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
As a side, I don't dislike LMT's piston system.  It is actually well designed (love the gas rings on the piston head).  However, LMTs are minimally gassed and their piston guns won't always run on crap (e.g. Wolf Classic steel case) ammo.  I want my guns to run with whatever garbage I feed them.
View Quote

That has not been my experience. I have Estonia reference rifle and it is running cheap Wolf like a sewing machine. LMT states they "properly gas" their guns (i.e: not trying to make them soft shooting). My LMT MWS CL bbl also has no issues with steel case.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That has not been my experience. I have Estonia reference rifle and it is running cheap Wolf like a sewing machine. LMT states they "properly gas" their guns (i.e: not trying to make them soft shooting). My LMT MWS CL bbl also has no issues with steel case.
View Quote

The issue definitely isn't "univerally applicable".  However, I have had A LOT of LMT rifles pass through my hands and at minimum a carbine buffer and semi-auto carrier can be required to cycle Wolf reliably (especially in single-digit temp weather).
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#5]
LMT designs their gas systems to run with standard carbine buffers (per their sales lead).
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

How are you liking it so far?  Any complaints?
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 8:43:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I normally use Federal M193 and 855 ammo in my rifles and never an issue....I did use 100 rounds of Wolff abiut 5 years ago and I do not recall any cycling issues....
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#8]
If you chrono Wolf steel case 55gr and Federal M193 side by side (same gun, same barrel temp, same time / ambient mean air temp) you'll see a considerable velocity delta between the two cartridges.  IIRC I was seeing 150pfs out of a Colt 6920, 146fps out of a LMT 16" MRP, and 201fps out of a PSA 16" nitride.  The figures are mean spread delta / deviation.

I attribute the higher PSA decrease to a rather overgassed and loose chambered barrel.  I guess nitride could also have something to do with it as the other two are CL?  There might of also been a gas seal issue, because I would get carbine at the FSB.

Anyway, that difference can be felt in the cycling of some guns.  I have several DI carbines that came with H (3.8oz) buffers that I have switched to Carbine (3.0oz) buffers because I was getting failures to strip the next round or ejection beyond (later than) the 4 oclock position.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#9]
If I remember correctly I was getting around 2750-2800fps with Wolf out of 16" barrels and 2950-3,000 with Fed M193.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#10]
It is important to note, I have not owned a piston AR in years.  I abandoned the design after fairly extensive testing.  I personally found no benefit to any of the piston designs I owned (13 LWRC variants, 6 POF variants, 1 Adams Arms factory complete rifle, 1 LMT MRP, 1 Sig).

Back to the original question at hand ...

The LMT MARS is, in my estimation, the finest AR-15 type rifle you can purchase (especially with Enhanced lobster-tail bolt).  For my uses, the MARS ambi lower is neat, but I am actively working to NOT use ambi controls because not all of my ARs have ambi lowers.  Therefore, I want to keep my muscle memory "single side" since I've been shooting ARs this way for 38 years.

If you want a premium rifle with the best innovation and durability: LMT MRP (MARS or DEFENDER).
If you want a budget priced (for what you get) rack-or-duty grade carbine: Colt 6920.

I'm old.
I'm simple.
I'm opinionated.

Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:46:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I normally use Federal M193 and 855 ammo in my rifles and never an issue....I did use 100 rounds of Wolff abiut 5 years ago and I do not recall any cycling issues....
View Quote

At this point I have fired over 60,000 rounds of Wolf steel case through various ARs, SCARs, AUGs, Galils, XCRs, Sig556 variants, Sig MCXs, SLR106FRs, Tavors, etc.

Tomorrow after my 6 mile 4am GORUCK I'll head to the range to run-and-gun another 500 rounds through my beater 6920.  Wolf steel case ammo should cycle in your gun. If it doesn't, it is the gun not the ammo.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:52:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
LMT designs their gas systems to run with standard carbine buffers (per their sales lead).
View Quote

Not a single factory assembled LMT lower or rifle I have ever owned or looked at came with a carbine buffer IIRC.  HOWEVER, I might be incorrectly remembering this data point.

ETA: in my experience they run best with a carbine (3.0oz) buffer and semi-auto carrier.  I feel like LMT keeps their gas port on the minimal side of spec because they use a 45d port and straight tube.  LMT knows they're building a premium product designed for military level usage so they don't over gas like consumer-grade products (e.g. PSA).  The result is you have to lower the buffer weight and (sometimes) carrier weight / mass to cycle under-NATO-spec 223 Remington (not 5.56) ammo 100%.  Of course, with higher round counts gas-port-erosion happens so watch your ejection after 10,000rds.  Once it hits 2 oclock switch to a 3.8oz H buffer.

Based upon this thread, tomorrow am I'm going to run 500 Wolf steel case through my trainer LMT MRP 16" DI instead of the 6920.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not a single factory assembled LMT lower or rifle I have ever owned or looked at came with a carbine buffer IIRC.  HOWEVER, I might be incorrectly remembering this data point.

ETA: in my experience they run best with a carbine (3.0oz) buffer and semi-auto carrier.  I feel like LMT keeps their gas port on the minimal side of spec because they use a 45d port and straight tube.  LMT knows they're building a premium product designed for military level usage so they don't over gas like consumer-grade products (e.g. PSA).  The result is you have to lower the buffer weight and (sometimes) carrier weight / mass to cycle under-NATO-spec 223 Remington (not 5.56) ammo 100%.  Of course, with higher round counts gas-port-erosion happens so watch your ejection after 10,000rds.  Once it hits 2 oclock switch to a 3.8oz H buffer.

Based upon this thread, tomorrow am I'm going to run 500 Wolf steel case through my trainer LMT MRP 16" DI instead of the 6920.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The LMT MLC factory pistol I picked up late last year came with a standard carbine buffer and spring.

The semi auto carrier is only due to Karl Lewis's desire that "Semi auto guns get semi auto carriers, full auto guns get full auto carriers". It has absolutely nothing to do with weight.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The LMT MLC factory pistol I picked up late last year came with a standard carbine buffer and spring.

The semi auto carrier is only due to Karl Lewis's desire that "Semi auto guns get semi auto carriers, full auto guns get full auto carriers". It has absolutely nothing to do with weight.
View Quote

LMT's issuance of semi-auto carriers may be a political decision, but I have found (through use of many LMT MRPs) that a semi-auto carrier can help with cycling underpowered ammo.  Simple physics.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 12:31:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Lower pic is of Estonia.

Yeah postem if you find them I'm curious what has been "improved."
View Quote

@Slu54

Here's what it looks like:

0.075" port per my calipers.  No other gas settings.  You push in the pin on the block, rotate 180° and the assembly slides out.  I also appear to have an extra set of holes on the sides
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Here's the BCG:

Nice fancy finish.

Standard milspec bolt and finish, but the bolt has no gas rings.  

Firing pin retaining pin is captive.

It has little sleds to prevent carrier tilt.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 12:45:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

@Slu54

Here's what it looks like:
https://i.imgur.com/O26BWhm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7K9iKni.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OWunRau.jpg

0.075" port per my calipers.  No other gas settings.  You push in the pin on the block, rotate 180° and the assembly slides out.  I also appear to have an extra set of holes on the sides
View Quote

Thanks. So the differences are:

+ Bayo lug
+ Disassy/adjustment is different, the old one the pin goes across the piston spring tensioned and you squeeze the pin, it's a bit harder to do than this and causes some wear

The side holes are most likely the adverse (if they are bigger) or suppressed (if they are smaller) gas setting.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thanks. So the differences are:

+ Bayo lug
+ Disassy/adjustment is different, the old one the pin goes across the piston spring tensioned and you squeeze the pin, it's a bit harder to do than this and causes some wear

The side holes are most likely the adverse (if they are bigger) or suppressed (if they are smaller) gas setting.
View Quote

Oh I meant side holes in the gas block itself.  There is only one gas port and one detent for the piston assembly.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Here's the BCG:

Nice fancy finish.
https://i.imgur.com/MF4YdRG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ENOPlAg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/bNRJO4T.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mg25YnI.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Here's the BCG:

Nice fancy finish.
https://i.imgur.com/MF4YdRG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ENOPlAg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/bNRJO4T.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mg25YnI.jpg

The carrier rails appear to be identical to their enhanced carrier setup. Minimizes the contact between the receiver and carrier, supposedly can help run when dirtier.

Lack of gas rings are to be expected, doesn't exactly have gas coming back into the carrier anymore. Rings don't serve a purpsoe anymore.

Quoted:

Oh I meant side holes in the gas block itself.  There is only one gas port and one detent for the piston assembly.

Guess the Estonians went for an "idiot proof" design and opted for no suppressed/adverse setting. Nothing to adjust, nothing to screw up.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Went and shot it finally.  I can see why people like pistons - this thing was spotless after the range.  

One issue I found though, is that the front flip up sight has a lot of wobble to it.  I'm guessing that shouldn't happen, because I can push it left and right the width of my front sight post.  Rear sight is rock solid.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 11:28:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Went and shot it finally.  I can see why people like pistons - this thing was spotless after the range.  

One issue I found though, is that the front flip up sight has a lot of wobble to it.  I'm guessing that shouldn't happen, because I can push it left and right the width of my front sight post.  Rear sight is rock solid.
View Quote

Reach out to LMT customer service via email or phone. Can find their contact info Here
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 10:19:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Reach out to LMT customer service via email or phone. Can find their contact info Here
View Quote

How long does it take them to respond usually?

The rear sight has some slight wobble to it as well. My mbus pros are rock solid when flipped up comparatively.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

@jdoc09 would you mind checking your flip up sights for wobble, since we have the same gun?
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The rear sight has some slight wobble to it as well. My mbus pros are rock solid when flipped up comparatively.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It took a few days, for them to respond to my email. Calling them would give you the fastest response.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 12:17:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Ping Joe with sight issues:

Joe Hajny
Sales and Marketing Manager
Phone: 309-732-9527
Fax: 309-787-7193
Email: [email protected]

I will try to check mine out when I have time.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 1:17:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks guys.  Already got in touch with someone through the sales@lmt email - they actually responded within an hour.  I sent them a couple videos vs the MBUS Pros I stuck on the rail to compare.  

Sounds like I might be sending them in.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 1:17:06 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm looking at DDM4a1 (quad rail) for my all purpose SHTF rifle. It'll be a little north of 2k with taxes/fees. Do you think it's worth it? Looking to buy once cry once. I get the appeal of LMT/KAC, but they are a little too above my budget. I have a trigger, so I'm not concerned about DD's mil-spec trigger.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm looking at DDM4a1 (quad rail) for my all purpose SHTF rifle. It'll be a little north of 2k with taxes/fees. Do you think it's worth it? Looking to buy once cry once. I get the appeal of LMT/KAC, but they are a little too above my budget. I have a trigger, so I'm not concerned about DD's mil-spec trigger.
View Quote

Haven't held one, but I've heard nothing but good about DD.  LMT and KAC have proprietary features/improvements which justify the cost somewhat, but also affects compatibility if parts break.

Also as an update: I ended up getting a UPS label from LMT to send in the sights, which have arrived at their facility.  I'll update if I hear anything back.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Darn why all the hate for Sig?   MCX Virtus and 516 are awesome.

I own an LMT 12inch piston gun (new gas block).

I seen a couple people on this thread say piston rifles aren't as good as DI.  If you are rolling suppressed and or full auto then they blow away DI. The recoil impulse is way softer.  Full auto cyclic rate is also slower and more controllable.  Without a can then DI all day.

I have a lot of both types. Sigs, Colts, LMT's DD.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Darn why all the hate for Sig?   MCX Virtus and 516 are awesome.

I own an LMT 12inch piston gun (new gas block).

I seen a couple people on this thread say piston rifles aren't as good as DI.  If you are rolling suppressed and or full auto then they blow away DI. The recoil impulse is way softer.  Full auto cyclic rate is also slower and more controllable.  Without a can then DI all day.

I have a lot of both types. Sigs, Colts, LMT's DD.
View Quote

Except they don't. An external piston is only "Softer" when attaching a silencer because most come with an adjustable gas block which will reduce the cyclic rate. Put a silencer on an external gas piston that does not have an adjustable gas block (Most HK416 setups, MCX, old LWRC designs, etc) and you'll find they make the recoil more prenounced, the same as attaching it to a standard AR15 gas system.

If full auto controllability is your desire, the Surefire Optimized Boltcarrier would be the solution, as it makes the system a "long stroke", decreasing the cyclic rate and has an altered cam path to permit the pressure to drop more in the chamber for extraction.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Except they don't. An external piston is only "Softer" when attaching a silencer because most come with an adjustable gas block which will reduce the cyclic rate. Put a silencer on an external gas piston that does not have an adjustable gas block (Most HK416 setups, MCX, old LWRC designs, etc) and you'll find they make the recoil more prenounced, the same as attaching it to a standard AR15 gas system.

If full auto controllability is your desire, the Surefire Optimized Boltcarrier would be the solution, as it makes the system a "long stroke", decreasing the cyclic rate and has an altered cam path to permit the pressure to drop more in the chamber for extraction.
View Quote
Kind of what I said outside of the extra weapons you added.  My MCX Virtus, 516, LMT all have suppressor settings.  The weapons I mentioned have a much softer recoil impulse then an AR has while suppressed.  It's not even close.  This is with the weapons I mentioned though.  I have a Colt Piston carbine which does not have a suppressor setting.  I've never shot it suppressed.

from my experience, long stroke makes for more recoil.  That's just my experience though.  More mass moving usually results in more recoil.  Your miles may very.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#32]
LMT (new piston block) has a suppressor setting.  It has an S for suppressed and N for normal.   MCX has a - and +.  - is suppressor setting.  My Virtus 11.5 inch short strokes with Mk318, M855, M193 on -setting without suppressor. Same with LMT piston 12 inch.  I'm seeing a few posts that claim neither has a suppressor setting.  This is Fake News.  Just wanted to get that out there.

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Kind of what I said outside of the extra weapons you added.  My MCX Virtus, 516, LMT all have suppressor have suppressor settings.  The weapons I mentioned have a much softer recoil impulse then an AR has while suppressed.  It's not even close.  This is with the weapons I mentioned though.  I have a Colt Piston carbine which does not have a suppressor setting.  I've never shot it suppressed.

from my experience, long stroke makes for more recoil.  That's just my experience though.  More mass moving usually results in more recoil.  Your miles may very.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kind of what I said outside of the extra weapons you added.  My MCX Virtus, 516, LMT all have suppressor have suppressor settings.  The weapons I mentioned have a much softer recoil impulse then an AR has while suppressed.  It's not even close.  This is with the weapons I mentioned though.  I have a Colt Piston carbine which does not have a suppressor setting.  I've never shot it suppressed.

MCX has no suppressor setting, the - is for both unsuppressed and suppressed function. The + is for adverse or extremely weak ammo, both suppressed and unsuppressed.

I own a 11.5" Virtus, 300blk Rattler and a LWRC Six8 PDW. I have owned, in the past, a PWS 12", SCAR 16s, LWRC IC-E, LWRC Six8A2 and have played with the HK416, HKMR556 and the Sig piston series. None have less felt recoil, when using a silencer, unless the gas block is adjusted or has the ability to adjust. A standard AR15 with an adjustable gas block, or an adjustable carrier/gas key, will have less blowback and the standard felt recoil. There is nothing magical happening with the external piston, the adjustements being more native is all that matters with it.

ETA: Here is an image from Sig's owners manual

There is literally no exclusive suppressed setting, it is for both, no matter the direction - or +.

If your MCX is short stroking on full powered 5.56 with no silencer attached, you need to send it in to Sig.

OP, my apologies for the offtrack comments, I hope your sights are fixed soon.

I had to send my upper in to LMT myself, the gas block was making contact on the upper. I'm hoping they get to it rapidly and it doesn't end up in the 5 month limbo like the MWS owner in the AR10 chat.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

MCX has no suppressor setting, the - is for both unsuppressed and suppressed function. The + is for adverse or extremely weak ammo, both suppressed and unsuppressed.

I own a 11.5" Virtus, 300blk Rattler and a LWRC Six8 PDW. I have owned, in the past, a PWS 12", SCAR 16s, LWRC IC-E, LWRC Six8A2 and have played with the HK416, HKMR556 and the Sig piston series. None have less felt recoil, when using a silencer, unless the gas block is adjusted or has the ability to adjust. A standard AR15 with an adjustable gas block, or an adjustable carrier/gas key, will have less blowback and the standard felt recoil. There is nothing magical happening with the external piston, the adjustements being more native is all that matters with it.

https://i.imgur.com/2J6WnzA.jpg

There is literally no exclusive suppressed setting, it is for both, no matter the direction - or +.

If your MCX is short stroking on full powered 5.56 with no silencer attached, you need to send it in to Sig.

I had to send my upper in to LMT myself, the gas block was making contact on the upper. I'm hoping they get to it rapidly and it doesn't end up in the 5 month limbo like the MWS owner in the AR10 chat.
View Quote
I respectfully disagree with you. As far as the MCX goes.  The - is a suppressor setting.  I was told this a Sig run course.  It aligns with my experience with running it suppressed.  My LMT and 516 run really soft an FA suppressed on the suppressor setting.  Much softer then my DI's. Obviously you disagree with that.  That's ok. We can disagree.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:33:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I respectfully disagree with you. As far as the MCX goes.  The - is a suppressor setting.  I was told this a Sig run course.  It aligns with my experience with running it suppressed.  My LMT and 516 run really soft an FA suppressed on the suppressor setting.  Much softer then my DI's. Obviously you disagree with that.  That's ok. We can disagree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/2J6WnzA.jpg

Please see the image attached above. Doesn't matter what you think, perceive or were told. Sigs own literature on the topic show that the MCX has no exclusive suppressed setting. The - is for both suppressed and unsuppressed use. I implore you to send your Virtus in for service, if it is unable to cycle without a silencer on the - setting using M193, M855 and the like.

ETA: @MGYSGT8541, let's take this to PMs. I'm not wanting to derail the OPs thread on LMTs.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Hey doesn’t bother me, free thread bumps while they sort out my warranty claim.

Fwiw I have a rattler, and the - setting is normal, + is adverse.  It also had feeding issues with supers unsuppressed until I left the bolt locked back overnight. Seems fine now though.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 1:42:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
You are the 1st person that I've ever heard say this.  Can you site some other threads saying this?  Or is it just you?
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#38]
LMT still has my wobbly backup irons.  I wonder what's going on.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 9:58:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
LMT still has my wobbly backup irons.  I wonder what's going on.
View Quote

They still have my upper as well, week over a month now.

Claim they are "testing different upper and barrel combinations" in regards to my gas block impacting the upper receiver.

Not sure why they're really doing it though. Rather obvious that the gas block is smacking the upper, it's chipping the upper on the impact point and the gas block was showing wear.

They're hoping they have it done, next week.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 10:04:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Claim they are "testing different upper and barrel combinations" in regards to my gas block impacting the upper receiver.

Not sure why they're really doing it though. Rather obvious that the gas block is smacking the upper, it's chipping the upper on the impact point and the gas block was showing wear.

View Quote

Two more weeks™ as they say.  I wonder if it's a design flaw or a bad batch for the sights?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#41]
I recently picked up the LMT 12.5" Piston Conversion Kit.

IT IS AWESOME!

Smooth, Cool, and Clean.  I love shooting her.

I really wish LMT offered a full length Piston option on their LWS/308 platform.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2022 11:59:11 AM EDT
[#42]
They still have my sights, and I haven’t gotten a response to any emails for the past month.  

At least the rest of the gun seems fine.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

This guy has been waiting for 6 months for LMT to fix his gun

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/LMT-Warranty-Repair-6-months-and-counting/121-770058/
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:04:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
They still have my sights, and I haven’t gotten a response to any emails for the past month.  

At least the rest of the gun seems fine.
View Quote

Their customer service is... not good.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Their customer service is... not good.
View Quote

Yeah they were quick to respond the first two weeks, then I guess they had to put my wobbly sights down and didn’t have the heart to tell me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yeah they were quick to respond the first two weeks, then I guess they had to put my wobbly sights down and didn’t have the heart to tell me.
View Quote

The best way to get your issue resolved promptly is to put it in front of a lot of eyes where Joe Hajny is involved. Post your issue in one of the LMT facebook groups; he normally responds there and the issue is resolved soon after.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Why did they move from the SOPMOD stock?
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just ordered one from PA (with their 12% off code) and was wondering the same thing.    Why does it have a stupid Magpul stock on it?

What optic would be “Estonia” correct?
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 8:49:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would assume the Estonia military wanted to save $150 per rifle.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 9:29:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I just ordered one from PA (with their 12% off code) and was wondering the same thing.    Why does it have a stupid Magpul stock on it?

What optic would be “Estonia” correct?
View Quote

They have a holosun/holosun magnifier combo of all things.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/01/29/shot-2020-lmt-talk-estonian-contract/

Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top