AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:58:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone ever use the Radian vented charging handles to stem the dreaded "Gas Face" with suppressors?
View Quote

I’ve read too many reviews it doesn’t do very well with blowback.

Armageddon Tactical is what you want
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for all the input. I’m going to right down the middle and pick something from each brand.

I decided try out a Geissele trigger for the first time. I picked the G2S since it’s essentially the same as the SSA but I get more savings in my pocket. I feel that will be the right trigger for this CQB build that has a Vortex UH-1 on top.

As far as charging handles go, I’m going to stick with what I know and stay with Radian. I love my first too much to have any reason to change it up. It’ll also be $30-40 cheaper than the SCH.

This build will actually have a lot of parts between the two brands:

-ALG EMR V2X Handguard
-Geissele G2S Trigger
-Radian Raptor
-Radian Talon Ambi-Safety
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:37:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I did own a Raptor, but switched to the Geissele.

When I pull the Geissele, the hook clears the upper cutout before the handle pulls the bolt carrier rearward.  The Raptor didn't do that and would always hit the securing edge of the cutout, before it would start pulling on the bolt carrier.  I was afraid it would eventually completely round off that edge.  May not really matter, but I want to avoid any wear if I can help it.

You could always put your thumb on the back of the Raptor lever and pinch it like a mil-spec handle to avoid that issue, but I prefer to charge underhand so I'm sticking with the Geissele.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:28:41 PM EDT
[#4]
have tried both.

didnt like the radian

i shoot suppressed 100% if that makes a difference.

the radian SD didnt do a god damn thing to reduce gas to face.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top