BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Forward Controls Design (Page 9 of 32)
Page / 32
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 10:20:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Any idea when you'll have some RHF4 rails in stock? I was browsing the site and found those and I really want one in 11.5".
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigboss91:
Is the newest batch of ABC/R v3's parkerized instead of nitrided?
View Quote

Still nitride but have a bead blasted finish which makes them have a matte finish like parkerizing.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Is this all variants of the latest batch of ABC/R’s or just the center position version?
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#4]
All centered in the last batch.  This incoming has both forward and rearward biased, with both serrated and dimpled surface.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 12:55:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lancewood] [#5]
Thanks Duffy. If I follow, only the centered bias of the last batch has the changed finish? Any forward/rear bias ABC/R's out in the wild will have the typical Nitride finish?
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#6]
We only did it for that one run.  Bead blasted will probably be done in future runs to give an already grippy surface even more tranction, but the dark grey color that goes away with a light coat of oil came from the black oxide finish on top of black nitride (it's twice coated), because of some blotches that wouldn't go away from black nitride.

Link Posted: 11/10/2021 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I like my duck parts with serrations and if I ever had or a fighting chance at an NP3 FCD BCG, it would be in dimples.

Some folks are archaic like that and would rather watch the dimple gang's world burn, like me

Link Posted: 11/10/2021 7:11:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#8]
SBCGs will see changes next year.  Throughout FCD's existence, we were able to get maybe 300 paltry NP3 SBCGs sourced, we're over that ridiculousness where we had to rely on a third party to get things done for us.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 11:37:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Good to know, thanks for the info on the ABC/Rs
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:05:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#10]
Originally Posted By Duffy:
SBCGs will see changes next year.  Throughout FCD's existence, we were able to get maybe 300 paltry NP3 SBCGs sourced, we're over that ridiculousness where we had to rely on a third party to get things done for us.
View Quote

You mean there's still a chance at dimpled? I could care less about the bling because my rifles are tools meant to be used as a tool and not for show and tell purty flexing any media outlet. I just want an actual almost all FCD sourced rifle as humanly possible.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 4:11:22 AM EDT
[#11]
SBCGs characteristics won't change, sourcing and coating will
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#12]
SBCGs characteristics won't change, sourcing and coating will
View Quote

Can you share any info about the coating change? Will you be going away form NP3? I'm assuming that's one of the big hurdles in getting them done?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 3:52:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#13]
Cost and logistics, I don't think what it brings to the table justifies the high cost and twisted logistics.

We might be able to get them NP3 coated, it means setting aside a large chunk of SCGs and waiting up to 2 months for them to return from coating.  Shipping hundreds of them then back costs money the customer will never see any benefit of.   NP3 wasn't our choice, it was just convenient at the time.  When the convenience is gone, so goes our motivation and reason for it.  We were able to get 100 in 2020, and 0 in 2021.

New SBCGs will be phosphated and chrome lined per TDP, we're looking at another option as well that doesn't involve tons of shipping and long lead time.  I think folks will agree with us this is a good option.  Nothing fancy or new, just proven to work reliably.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Cost and logistics, I don't think what it brings to the table justifies the high cost and twisted logistics.

We might be able to get them NP3 coated, it means setting aside a large chunk of SCGs and waiting up to 2 months for them to return from coating.  Shipping hundreds of them then back costs money the customer will never see any benefit of.   NP3 wasn't our choice, it was just convenient at the time.  When the convenience is gone, so goes our motivation and reason for it.  We were able to get 100 in 2020, and 0 in 2021.

New SBCGs will be phosphated and chrome lined per TDP, we're looking at another option as well that doesn't involve tons of shipping and long lead time.  I think folks will agree with us this is a good option.  Nothing fancy or new, just proven to work reliably.
View Quote

That definitely makes sense, and I don't think anyone would disagree. I'll be glad to pick some up
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Fully hard chrome please ?
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 11:59:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By msch42:

Fully hard chrome please ?
View Quote

Seconded!
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Going to back to the original design
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 1:41:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#18]
Looked in my parts bin yesterday to see if anything needed to be restocked, and noticed that I had zero muzzle devices. Saw a 6315 on PA's site for a price that I liked, and promptly ordered.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 3:04:18 PM EDT
[#19]
6315 was introduced in 2017, which led to 6315KM in 2019, and soon, 6315KM Short (Key Micro) threaded for 1/2x28 and likely M13.5x1 LH
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I really wanted to order it direct as it showed in stock, but you've always been asking your ducklings to buy from your dealers first.

So I did
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 3:31:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Jonny1904:
Looked in my parts bin yesterday to see if anything needed to be restocked, and noticed that I had zero muzzle devices. Saw a 6315 on PA's site for a price that I liked, and promptly ordered.
View Quote

And 6315 Xeno sooner hopefully?  
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep, 6315X (Xeno) will be done following another variation of the 6315KM.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#24]
6315 was introduced in 2017, which led to 6315KM in 2019, and soon, 6315KM Short (Key Micro) threaded for 1/2x28 and likely M13.5x1 LH
View Quote

Is the M13.5x1 actually coming soon???
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Stop nickel and dime us to death already.  I am eagerly awaiting the day when I can buy a full FCD rifle with all the goodness baked in.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 3:58:53 PM EDT
[#26]
M13.5 x1 LH is coming for 6315KM Short for 9mm.

Full FCD ARs will be coming, there probably won't be that many initially, we have to fill dealers backorders before we can allocate part for ourselves.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Full FCD ARs will be coming, there probably won't be that many initially, we have to fill dealers backorders before we can allocate part for ourselves.
View Quote

That’s great news, I’ve got a Wolfman that should be coming out of jail very soon and an MPX I would love to run keymo on so I can share the Wolfman between the MPX and a little 300 BO.

Any rough timeline on the 13.5 LH KM???
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
I was like .  Then , after reading the latter part.    

Glad to hear you guys business is booming.  I shall wait patiently.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:54:09 PM EDT
[#29]
We'll do both the 1/2x28 and M13.5x1 LH 6315KM at the same time.  No ETA yet, shops are busy and short on help, it's been like that since Potato Chief took office.

We support our dealers, we don't run sales, and ship them in demand products before we sell them ourselves.  Do unto others, this is what we expect of other manufacturers too
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:16:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 2:57:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aloo] [#31]
I got a few of your products. How would one go about trying to get a sticker for my cooler and gun safe. Didn't see any on the site.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 3:24:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By aloo:
I got a few of your products. How would one go about trying to get a sticker for my cooler and gun safe. Didn't see any on the site.
View Quote

When I've bought from direct, I always get a magnet swag, that should work for your safe.

Here's his swag shop

Be sure to make comedic use of the order comments. One never knows what will happen

Link Posted: 11/16/2021 4:41:01 AM EDT
[#33]
We rarely do stickers, they're a single use item and I like to be able to move and reuse, so we use the much more expensive magnets instead.  Everyone gets a #2 or carpenter's pencil, for those that leave us funny notes, they might get duck swag
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:43:38 AM EDT
[#34]
We rarely do stickers, they're a single use item and I like to be able to move and reuse, so we use the much more expensive magnets instead.  Everyone gets a #2 or carpenter's pencil, for those that leave us funny notes, they might get duck swag
View Quote

Well bummer, all my orders came from ar15discounts. com just bc I had other things I needed and I added them there to save in shipping.

Guess I'll have to order my next stuff straight from the source. I'll be the guy with the notes "can you please cheapin' up my magnet but putting double sided scotch tape on the back so I can use them as stickers" lol
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#35]
We always suggest buying from our dealers, they're good and honest hard working folks deserving of your support.  Your purchase from our dealers benefits more fellow Americans than buying direct from us.  On top of that, our dealers usually sell at MAP (5% off MSRP), and they run sales that provide further discount.

ar15discounts.com is a great outfit
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 1:15:13 PM EDT
[#36]
We always suggest buying from our dealers, they're good and honest hard working folks deserving of your support.  Your purchase from our dealers benefits more fellow Americans than buying direct from us.  On top of that, our dealers usually sell at MAP (5% off MSRP), and they run sales that provide further discount.

ar15discounts.com is a great outfit
View Quote

But but but they won't give me duck swag or a carpenter pencil when I leave them funny notes haha
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Big Tex Ordnance gives away rubber duckies when you buy FCD products
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Big Tex Ordnance gives away rubber duckies when you buy FCD products
View Quote

Well I guess I can put double sided tape on one of those and stick it to my cooler.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#39]
@duffy did you guys ever release the ATA for the Comp M5? I just recently got one in with butchered caps that I would like to replace and would rather put the money towards your product. I don’t see it listed really anywhere though. Just the micro version. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 7:20:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#41]
M5 ATA is in development, finally, we have lots of new products in development or production, since we filed the patent for the ATA, might as well finish the last 5% and get the M5 version done

We like useful swag that our customers can use.  Promotion is one thing, it can't be completely one sided.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#42]
M5 ATA is in development, finally, we have lots of new products in development or production, since we filed the patent for the ATA, might as well finish the last 5% and get the M5 version done

We like useful swag that our customers can use.  Promotion is one thing, it can't be completely one sided.
View Quote

@duffy Awesome. Does that mean like Q1 of 2022 or are we further out than that? Gives me an idea if I’ll grab another set in the mean time or not. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#43]
We can get the prints done, but as to when the shop can get first article made and approved, that's anyone's guess.  They're working on several projects now, M5 ATA would be the last in the line
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 12:34:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ed_Victory] [#44]
Was hoping to grab a Geissele Government charging handle this Black Friday weekend but those never materialized. Happened across ACFs in stock at Esstac and grabbed one of those instead.

Very curious to see how they compare to other charging handles I’ve used. The design approach seems to beef things up in all the right ways. Only potential downside I see is the gas deflection fence might require modification to work with MBUS Pro LRs as they overhang the receiver a tad. A few minutes with some fine sandpaper should do the trick I’d imagine.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:28:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Ed_Victory:
Was hoping to grab a Geissele Government charging handle this Black Friday weekend but those never materialized. Happened across ACFs in stock at Esstac and grabbed one of those instead.

Very curious to see how they compare to other charging handles I’ve used. The design approach seems to beef things up in all the right ways. Only potential downside I see is the gas deflection fence might require modification to work with MBUS Pro LRs as they overhang the receiver a tad. A few minutes with some fine sandpaper should do the trick I’d imagine.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up. Snagged one as well. Thrilled.

@duffy I’m addicted to your shit
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:29:04 AM EDT
[#46]
We tested the MBUS in development and it cleared the fence.  Unless MBUS pro extends beyond the upper receiver (rearward), the taller than upper receiver fence of the ACF will clear it.  The only rear BUIS that didn't clear was the Troy rear with its huge protective ears, we relieved the fence to accommodate it, the production ACF clears the Troy rear sight as well
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:49:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Standard Pro doesn’t overhang to the best of my knowledge, just the LR and only by a hair.

Honestly never would’ve noticed if it hadn’t gouged a SCH.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:58:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Ed_Victory:

Very curious to see how they compare to other charging handles I've used. The design approach seems to beef things up in all the right ways. Only potential downside I see is the gas deflection fence might require modification to work with MBUS Pro LRs as they overhang the receiver a tad. A few minutes with some fine sandpaper should do the trick I'd imagine.
View Quote
Just ordered one. Knowing how Roger does his homework I expect this to set the bar.

Fwiw I'm not impressed with the Airborn CH. The latch pins have it pivot in a manner that places a lot of stress on the handle body/force is directed laterally, wasting effort and creating unnecessary drag. It's not as easy to manipulate quickly as I'd like, and I'm not super picky about charging handles.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:09:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Whomever just cart sniped me from getting an ACF on Esstac minutes ago, I hope you step on a lego you bastard
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:17:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NotRyan] [#50]
Page / 32
Forward Controls Design (Page 9 of 32)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top