BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Forward Controls Design (Page 23 of 32)
Page / 32
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Watering hole group has never been shut down.  I think the post was referring to the comments in the group and elsewhere.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#2]
CN5F will allow it to close fully if it's 7" or longer (which it is at 7.75"), CN5F isn't too long for that reason.  We don't want to create a feature just to have another removed in the process.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By xFREDx:
Will the FCD CN5F prevent the EMOD stock to fully collapse on the A5 tube?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/24/2022 9:34:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you have a time frame for the new URF-B v3 and/or any NP3 SBCG? Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 10:40:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#4]
We don't have a good estimate for either yet.  URF v3 is no different than v2 in the way of functionality, it just looks slightly different, and has an additional bevel for better BUIS access.

SBCG is a pain in the butt.  Each is assembled, QC checked, and test fired, they're expensive but I don't think we charge enough for them
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#5]
My first FCD purchase. These things are excellent if you want to make elevation changes without messing with those stupid little Aimpoint caps. I'll be getting another set. FCD should make a matching battery storage cover that isn't stupid priced like the KAC.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/24/2022 3:54:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#6]
We will, but not for the T1/T2, KAC has that covered

M5 version of the ATA caps will be out soon, along with a new finger adjustable elevation knob, compatible with both versions of the ATA.

Fun fact: ATA cap's serrations correspond to the adjustment clicks
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:
My first FCD purchase. These things are excellent if you want to make elevation changes without messing with those stupid little Aimpoint caps. I'll be getting another set. FCD should make a matching battery storage cover that isn't stupid priced like the KAC.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/94321/20221224_013717_jpg-2647150.JPG
View Quote

These are brilliant and very nice but I prefer the cap you have to remove because of buddies or whoever that have to tinker with shit and fuck up my zero

This is pretty much what happened to me the other day trying to zero my rmr/pma set up. To many cooks in the kitchen trying to zero one optic. The pma was cool as far but everyone and their mom had input or wanted to try and make adjustments until we had someone back out the rmr windage screw completely

I'll just go to the local range and zero stuff alone from here on as much as I prefer land and large properties.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Haha, what do they think of the PMA?
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Duffy:
Haha, what do they think of the PMA?
View Quote

It seems solid,  definitely works better than I would of thought in theory.

I plan on getting some time on it for the winter as that's when I have time to shoot the most but I think it's going to work out.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#10]
So, given it was below zero out and I had some time, I set one of my rifles outside to see if the lube I had on it would still perform. After I warmed it back up and it was sweating moisture, I decided to take it back out and yeet it into the snow to see how bad the controls would ice up.

Fun fact, if the mag button is frozen and/or packed with snow the ambi side of the EMR-A comes in clutch by giving you a secondary access point with greater leverage to power through it.

Link Posted: 12/24/2022 6:20:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#11]
Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/94321/20221224_013717_jpg-2647150.JPG
View Quote

Ya, it's been out for awhile and sells out quick and is very nice indeed.

Got mine years ago.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#12]
We will, but not for the T1/T2
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 3:29:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Excuse me but I havent seen this brought up recently.  What about LMT MARS controls, werent those in the pipeline?
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 8:20:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Flame suit on.

Do the ATA caps work on chineisum optics that are T1/T2 pattern?

I have been enjoying drinking the FCD koolaid. Might as well have quality parts all over if i'm going to spend some serious money building something. Have got some strange looks about the cost of them. Especially the RBF.

Do have a stripped upper that i'll probably build into a .300.
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 12:04:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#15]
ATA will not work with anything but Aimpoint T1/T2/H1, other companies might use the footprint, but didn't copy Aimpoint on the caps design.

URF (slight blem) is on the site, but I can't post links, please do a search and you'll see it
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 5:25:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#16]
A cautionary note if any other southpaws are planning on getting the PMA and using a LEAP/04 from Scalarworks to clear the windage knob from any obstruction or to get a higher plane, it's the only mount that sits loose on the PMA that I know of as of yet.

Going to try the SLR Absolute RMR mount next.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 10:50:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HammerForged] [#17]
Would the PMA work with this ACOG setup? (TA33 at 1.8 height?) Would I need a lower acog mount? Absolute co-witness?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:19:24 AM EDT
[#18]
It'll work on a tall ACOG mount, you can choose the height of the red dot mount for PMA.

With a 1.5" mount and and a short mount for the red dot on PMA, you can simply move your head by 0.5 and the dot is right there.  With a different height ACOG and red dot mount, you will need to move your head a bit more but it's still faster than an offset 45 degree mount.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:58:14 AM EDT
[#19]
I wonder if the PMA will clear the battery compartment on the upcoming PA 5x Microprism. It'd make a killer setup, but I'm expecting it to be obscured a fair bit
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:35:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#20]
Originally Posted By WriterClarke:
I wonder if the PMA will clear the battery compartment on the upcoming PA 5x Microprism. It'd make a killer setup, but I'm expecting it to be obscured a fair bit
View Quote

If you're a southpaw and can make the trip as your location shows AZ, you can try to find out using my PMA. My ACOG is on a Larue QRM so I'm not going to lose that zero.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:53:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Appreciate the offer, but I'm a righty. I'll see if I can do some measurements when they release the 5x, and compare it to an ACOG to get an idea for the difference
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#22]
LPVO version of the parallel mount will be out soon, PMA is compatible with ACOGs.  With LPVO, the turret blocks too much of the sight window.

LPVO version has a lower mounted height, we did away with the Picatinny rails and use a footprint we already support to lower the height.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Work in progress with some FCD parts
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#24]
LPVO version of the parallel mount will be out soon, PMA is compatible with ACOGs.  With LPVO, the turret blocks too much of the sight window.

LPVO version has a lower mounted height, we did away with the Picatinny rails and use a footprint we already support to lower the height.
View Quote

Very excited to try this with a razor 1-6 in a Larue 1.93 mount
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:21:22 AM EDT
[#25]
bump
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:35:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Is the only portion of the billet lower that's ambi the bolt release or is there an ambi bolt catch as well?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:42:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#27]
Release only, it's based on existing lowers that are also right side bolt release only, it isn't big enough a deal for us to make a proprietary ambi bolt catch and release, it can be done but we'd need to design and make the right side bolt catch as well, instead of making use of existing components.

We have ideas for the right side bolt catch and release, over the years I've never found any compelling reason to go further than concept.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for the reply
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 9:12:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:
Is the only portion of the billet lower that's ambi the bolt release or is there an ambi bolt catch as well?
View Quote

If you're okay not having the left side mag release, use the reo-mag redi-catch. Works just like an ADAC. It's been my favorite $50 upgrade I've ever come across, refuse to buy lowers without that feature or without being compatible
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#30]
When will the pma be released for the lpvo?
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Spring hopefully
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Spring hopefully
View Quote

Are they going to use your optic plates or a variant of, just for the LPVO version? I remember you mentioning that these will be lower and a different way to mount optics on them other than 1913.

Link Posted: 2/11/2023 4:00:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Yes
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Spring hopefully
View Quote

Looking forward to trying it out.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Will the NP3 BCG ever be released again?
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes, they're in AZ being coated by Coating Technologies now
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Serrated gang?
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Hmmm. (Googles address)

Dons dark clothes, mask, NODS, and a blacked out van.

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#39]
NP3 SBCGs are all serrated this round.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#40]
NP3 SBCGs are all serrated this round.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 5:57:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#41]
Originally Posted By mnew007:

Hmmm. (Googles address)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mnew007:

Hmmm. (Googles address)

*Shotgun!

*Will need to hit an ATM on the way first, because they're going to take our money dang it, and with Roger's blessing and a phone call ahead of us of course
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 9:04:13 PM EDT
[#42]
@Duffy

Any ETA on LMCs being back in stock yet?
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Ordered the hat just because
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 11:59:26 AM EDT
[#44]
LMC should be in by the end of the month.

Originally Posted By AlwaysCode:
@Duffy

Any ETA on LMCs being back in stock yet?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/13/2023 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Do you guys have any more 4.7” MCFs planned?
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Can't say, we have not been receiving consistent delivery.  We're moving on with the aluminum version that dissipates heat much faster than plastic or G10 panels.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 1:19:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Can't say, we have not been receiving consistent delivery.  We're moving on with the aluminum version that dissipates heat much faster than plastic or G10 panels.
View Quote

Interesting. So something that aligns closer to PCM?
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 10:30:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Similar to PCM, whereas PCM has lots of space underneath for routing cables, MCF-A is solid.  We've been testing them and seeing results we quite like.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 6:27:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TeegsGR] [#49]
Thanks @Duffy !

Mail Call!

Thanks @AR15SAFESPACE for this combo:

And to Curtis @PremiumOutfitters

Link Posted: 2/16/2023 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Man, all this swag is making my britches tight…..

Page / 32
Forward Controls Design (Page 23 of 32)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top