Link Posted: 1/16/2022 5:46:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Radiant] [#1]
delete
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#2]
ACF Randy back up in black at FCD
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 3:06:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I ended up snagging one for my 9mm. Hope to see the ODG/FDE/& Mallard Brown instock soon so I can finish up my other builds :)
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThaBaron:
ACF Randy back up in black at FCD
View Quote

Just picked one up. ThX!
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I run almost all FCD small parts on my builds and recommend them to friends.  But the drops and hype is a major turnoff and I've moved on, no biggie.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JASIRR:
I run almost all FCD small parts on my builds and recommend them to friends.  But the drops and hype is a major turnoff and I've moved on, no biggie.
View Quote

Indeed. Huge fan, but the drop culture is dumb and slowly pushing me away. Shame.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Guys, I don't think Roger is trying to contribute to "drop culture" () as some business strategy as much as it's the realities of production/supply these days. I like knowing when his stuff is going to be available, but being that I get that info publicly like most everyone else, it's going to go quickly and in cycles.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#8]
We're a small shop with limited storage.  We run everything in small batches, the reasons have been discussed earlier in this thread.

We have 2600 plus EPCs held up at ano, after numerous ano shops we tried, we're still dealing with these problems a year later.  We release what we can, when ano does 200 EPCs at a time, we can't very well release 500 of them.  When we hold them up for a bigger batch, they're out of stock for a prolonged periods of time and building up back orders and pent up demand.  It's a no win.  Meanwhile, people accuse us of artificially withholding items to drive up demand.

If they only knew what a pain it is for us.  At any given time we have half a dozen projects in development or new in production, EPC is one product, it's not important to our well being or bottomline, and it consumes disproportionate amount of my time and energy.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 7:04:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrHelper] [#9]
Thanks Roger, I only speak for myself but I ain’t letting some Reddit bitch boys ruin my day.  Don’t let the discontent of some regarding the scarcity of your products make you feel bad :). People forget the hype and endless order demand gives you the resources to work on those projects and new products.  Omelette meet eggs.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#10]
If any one of you have ever talked to Roger then you couldnt honestly believe he is building hype or doing this drop nonsense intentionally.  Its frustrating to not have stuff in stock but alot of that is out of their control.  I give companies and vendors props, it has to be tough dealing with the american consumer.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Ya, I blame a certain toxic "drop culture of social media flexers" as the immediate problem for creating the panics to buy as much as possible because everyone wants to be a cool kid too.

Myself? I just want function over form, to which many here are in the same boat as I am.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#12]
It comes with the territory, can't cherry pick what we get to deal with.  The good we've done that gives me satisfaction and makes me proud far outweighs the occasional negativity and accusations not founded on facts.  We've been transparent about shortages throughout the difficult times in 2020 and 2021, the messaging has never changed, since we're not covering one lie with another lie.

We're grateful folks want to buy our products, the shortage has its roots we can't adequately deal with, ano is a pain and that's true for most manufacturers unless they're fortunate enough to deal with an ano shop that delivers consistently, Anodize Solutions was simultaneously the one that can do it, and the one that caused us a year's worth of delays.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 7:37:26 PM EDT
[#13]
You're fine, Roger. You participate and interact with your customer base a lot, and the times you've been seen reaching out, heck you did it with me even, show's for itself that you actually care. And because of all of that, I will be forever grateful and always be a customer whenever possible.

Latest purchase was Trajectory mid length gas tube. I wanted more than the one that was left, but was happy to just have one at all even and it arrived very fast despite the fact that it was over a holiday weekend even.

Keep doing you, we'll keep being there and not let the toxic drop culture sway us from supporting you and your dealers just as much as you've been listening and supporting us
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:00:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#14]
We're an unwitting and reluctant participant of the drop culture.  With our growth, we are ordering more each run, and more often, but while a business won't go out of business by selling out its inventory, it can go to ruins by sitting on inventory it can't move.  We expand at our pace, we have to be in charge of it or it'll dictate how we run our company, where customers always come first.

When profit is a company's compass, it's easy to tell.  Serving those important to us (LE, MIL, folks that use their firearms for defense or a living) has ever been our purpose.  That too, I think is also easy to see if folks aren't quick to judge and lump us in the same group as money hungry, profit first bean counters that do anything to make a buck.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry to interrupt the discussion, but I wanted to post a picture of the 13.9" build that I just finished with the parts I posted a page back.  Just got back from getting P/W yesterday.  Also, I just got my Randy Charging handle and I cannot for the life of me see what made it a randy other than the "r" written on the packaging...LOL.  The CH will go on this build, but photo has a Radian.  As a side note, I really love the feel of the FCD Selector

FCD as follows:
12.8" RHF
LSFA (Hodge)
PF-040
EMR-A
EMR-C
TGF
CNF
ABC-R
ASF-50Q
RBF
MSQ-H

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:23:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#16]
Thank you!

Here's a weekend coloring project for duck fans

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Duffy:
Thank you!

Here's a weekend coloring project for duck fans

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/781/coloring_book_png-2247897.JPG
View Quote

No mark of shame fill in between the hammer & trigger pin area?

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 2:16:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:
Sorry to interrupt the discussion, but I wanted to post a picture of the 13.9" build that I just finished with the parts I posted a page back.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51832477286_1a212a1d0e_k.jpg
View Quote

Needs an FCD EPC

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 3:23:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:

Needs an FCD EPC

View Quote

I have something similar, I actually had been looking for a while, but couldnt find them anywhere.  I have about 5 or 6 of the V7s, so that's what it got  FCD's is a better design adding those flanges to keep the cover off of the lower.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Not sure if it was covered already, but will the next batch of ABC/R be the more dark black finish instead of the grayish finish the last batch was?
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Yep, we switched to DLC that costs more than $3 per unit for us
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep, we switched to DLC that costs more than $3 per unit for us
View Quote

Well let's see what we get first for sale on your site, that new giant batch of EPC's or the new Magpul port covers that you've said that you'd sell as well
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 11:11:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrHelper] [#23]
Got my stripped MARS lower a few weeks ago and finally got some time to put some small parts on it.  Grabbed an AR-10 tube from LMT that just arrived, gonna test out the A5 Vltor buffers.  Really digging the 3 hole end plate and the castle nut.

ETA: safety and trigger were a take off from another build and not new parts.

Attachment Attached File

Top view of selectors with respect to the selector stops - posting as requested @chucky2

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 3:38:28 AM EDT
[#24]
I figured I'd post my $.02 since I saw this thread. I think I first saw Roger a few times on P&S Podcast before I knew of his company or what exactly he produced, but he seemed like a cool and knowledgeable guy. I came across some of his small parts on the web somehow and liked how they weren't super flashy but looked like high quality. I was impressed by my first order so I put in a few more orders after that for more small parts on the next lower I recently put together, and was equally impressed on the quality and consistency of said small parts like his takedown pins, trigger guards, detents and springs etc. His shipping is extremely fast as well. I honestly will be using all of his lower parts from this point on on any rifle I assemble, and may upgrade other rifles with some of his parts as well, I just wish he had more of the stuff in stock .
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:56:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Thank you guys for your support

Our products and their designs are consistent with our mission, which hasn't changed since 2015.  We exist for a purpose, as do our products, the purpose isn't to separate unsuspecting customers from their money with gaudy colors and fashion lightening cuts and holes, but to provide well engineered and made components to folks that use their firearms for duty and defense.  Often this simply means removing obstacles in their way so they can use the controls better and faster, this isn't about buying skills, can't be done.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 12:58:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Comandante] [#26]
Mr DuFFieS, any timeline on FDE RHF4's?

I have no issue with the black as they're in stock, but would hate to settle only to have FDE restock soon.

Looking for an 11.5 to complete my 12.5
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#27]
No ETA, only they're half way done
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#28]
What are the odds the ACF and ABC/R centered will be in stock at the same time in the near future with the goal of more consistent stock? I hate paying for shipping multiple times from the same company if I can help it and would rather wait a bit longer to order if reasonable. If they aren’t likely to be in stock simultaneously I’ll just bite the bullet and pay shipping twice.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#29]
@Jlgil73

You're going to love that 13.9 Criterion. I have a 12.5 Hybrid profile and a 13.9 Core and they are fantastic.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By cornfed98:
@Jlgil73

You're going to love that 13.9 Criterion. I have a 12.5 Hybrid profile and a 13.9 Core and they are fantastic.
View Quote

Thanks.  Its my first Criterion, but have heard nothing but good things about them.  I havent had a chance to put any rounds through it yet.  I have a piece of land that I go and shoot, but the last few times I have been there, I have been working on a cattail problem in my pond.  Otherwise, I usually shoot at least 2x month in the winter...
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Non-biased ABC/R is in production.  Forward and rear biased in both serrated and dimpled pattern will begin shipping to dealers this weekend.
ACF production is coming along nicely as well.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Non-biased ABC/R is in production.  Forward and rear biased in both serrated and dimpled pattern will begin shipping to dealers this weekend.
View Quote

Including Mallard Brown?
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Hopefully if they can get the color right
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Awesome Been waiting for a rear biased
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 7:42:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Any update on the 6315 Xeno?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 8:38:09 PM EDT
[#36]
PA has 12% off site wide, grabbed a bunch of FCD parts been waiting to come back in stock like a gas block and grabbed some of the new Glock floor plates

https://www.primaryarms.com/Brand+Forward-Controls-Design
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 9:41:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#37]
Xeno has been bumped up in priority, and will take over 6315KM-S 9mm in production schedule.

A new MAP policy went into effect today, we don't want our products to be constantly discounted and devalued in the process.  Primary Arms is an awesome dealer and partner for FCD, everyone has to play by the same rules.

If a product is constantly sold at less than MAP, it has the effect of telling customer it's not worth the asking price, why else would it be discounted?  We don't play the discount game, and have a solid record of supporting our dealers, not undercutting them and making sure nobody is either is but one of the ways we support them.

2000 5.56mm ABC/R v3s were received, more than 1900 went to dealers, we don't even go live with them ourselves till all of their back orders are filled.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 11:20:09 PM EDT
[#38]
The duck stuff is like crack.  I buy it even when I don't need it.

Keep up the great work Duff.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 11:22:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Thank you Lumpy, man do we go back a ways or what lol, we're old
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:22:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TeegsGR] [#40]
Originally Posted By Lumpy196:
The duck stuff is like crack.  I buy it even when I don't need it.

Keep up the great work Duff.
View Quote

It sure is! Just picked up a much needed ABC/R v3 FB dimpled and to justify shipping I grabbed everything I could to build out another receiver set minus an ACF SBCG, and EPC just to have in hand for the next build……

Wait that’s how build starts, I’ll be in trouble with the boss now 😂 I just finished 3 builds and said it was it for a while.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Has FCD ever issued coupons for there site? Looking to buy a crap ton of parts for my build.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 4:05:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Lemers_Carbine7:
Has FCD ever issued coupons for there site? Looking to buy a crap ton of parts for my build.
View Quote

Nope, none at all. It's done that way because as much as he wants us to buy at his site, he does ask us to go through his dealers first and is priced higher on his site to give his dealers a fighting chance.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 4:45:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#43]
We used to have sales like everyone else for major holidays, the reason is kind of lame: because everyone else does.

We've held up our end the commitment by not undercutting our dealers, but running a 15% sale would do just that, we're in a unique position to unfairly compete with our dealers, so we make sure we don't.  Since 2021, we've not run a sale on our site.  The only discounts are for LE, MIL and first responders.

For hard to find items like ACF, EPC, upper receivers, etc., dealers always get to sell them first, with us following weeks later.  Our dealers are good, hard working Americans with families that deserve your support, your dollar benefits far more people when you buy from our dealers.  You help them, their employees and families, us and the shops that make our products for us.

Underneath all that, there's our desire to not have our products devalued.  We run fairly think margins on many products, running sales all the time implies dealers have to discount them in order to move them, and FCD products aren't worth the asking price, neither is true.

Last week we issued a new MAP policy to limit the use of coupon codes, site wide sales, etc., again excluding MIL, LE, and first responder discounts.  The idea of MAP is to level the playing field for all dealers regardless of their size.  Larger dealers have more tolerance for lower margins as they can make up by volume, this leaves small dealers gasping for a chance to compete.  We can't have that.

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 12:19:25 AM EDT
[#44]
I’m starting to swap out parts on my Noveske build with some FCD stuff.  So far I’ve got the ABC/R rear bias, EMR-H, EMR-A, and TGF. Next up will be the ASF-90.

As a lefty, the mag release and bolt catch are awesome, probably the best I’ve ever used.

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#45]
100% understood.

Do you recommend any certain retailers you partner with?
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 11:51:52 AM EDT
[#46]
On our home page, upper left corner there’s a link Quack Dealers, it’s a list of our dealers
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 3:06:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BBOHACH] [#47]
Seen this pic floating around. Can anyone give some info on it? Would love to have one. Is it going to just be a lower or rifle?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 3:45:21 PM EDT
[#48]
@Duffy ^^
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By BBOHACH:
Seen this pic floating around. Can anyone give some info on it? Would love to have one. Is it going to just be a lower or rifle?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/314960/1EABEE74-00A8-4407-B185-384A087B7E98_jpe-2291600.JPG
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#50]
LRF?  It's a collaboration with SOLGW, it's in production now
Page / 32
Forward Controls Design (Page 11 of 32)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top