User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Forward Controls Design (Page 10 of 32)
Page / 32
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:36:31 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a tiny bit of space between the fence and the upper.  It's close, I think it will work.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:49:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Duffy:
There is a tiny bit of space between the fence and the upper.  It's close, I think it will work.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/781/IMG_0058_jpeg-2184114.JPG
View Quote

Awesome.

Thanks for the pic. I think you’re right, should be just enough room.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#3]
The horse shoe shaped gas blocking/deflection fence used to be full height in its entirety, you can see where we shortened the section where Troy's sight ears need to fold down completely
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By RyanEsstac:

Wait until Tuesday, email me. I'll probably have an extra. I like to save 1-2 as a buffer.
View Quote

After reading this, I'll continue to shop with y'all. Never heard of Esstac before this thread. First order already shipped and it's clear that meeting the needs of the user is priority. None of the backorder BS we saw from another vendor who shall remain nameless
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Wait until Tuesday, email me. I'll probably have an extra. I like to save 1-2 as a buffer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jonny1904:
Whomever just cart sniped me from getting an ACF on Esstac minutes ago, I hope you step on a lego you bastard

Will do, I had just finished typing something witty in the comment and went to pay, and realized that trying to be playful got me
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By HimIOwe:

After reading this, I'll continue to shop with y'all. Never heard of Esstac before this thread. First order already shipped and it's clear that meeting the needs of the user is priority. None of the backorder BS we saw from another vendor who shall remain nameless
View Quote

Great customer service and even greater gear. While I am sure that there are other good gear makers, none have been as good as Esstac in my opinion. In fact, Esstac pouches were on almost every belt or vest when I was at Gunsite.

And now that they're making the FCD slings for Roger, I'm probably going to be ordering it as well. But I am going to wait until I give the LFT sling a try first.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 8:51:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#7]
We make CSF for ESSTAC with ESSTAC specific patterns webbing that are not on our site.  ESSTAC is a great company, we'll be sourcing pouches from them for an upcoming project
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:31:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ed_Victory] [#8]
The horse shoe shaped gas blocking/deflection fence used to be full height in its entirety, you can see where we shortened the section where Troy's sight ears need to fold down completely
View Quote

There’s an ever so slight bit of contact, rack and release a few times and it self-corrects with minimal marring. The modifications for the Troy work great for the Pro LR.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:34:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Congratulations @Duffy for the dealer announcement. I take it that this will also be a win for Tangodown as well?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:35:54 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Whomever just cart sniped me from getting an ACF on Esstac minutes ago, I hope you step on a lego you bastard

Damn it, I just realized I had forgotten about that.

@RyanEsstac private message being sent...
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:55:32 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Are you guys ever going to make more of the 0-50-180 M16 selectors?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes more will be produced, had to catch up on semi auto first, we’re caught up now
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:20:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes more will be produced, had to catch up on semi auto first, we’re caught up now
View Quote

Thanks for the quick reply!  You guys make outstanding stuff.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 5:29:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Thank you

As 2021 comes to a close, we're finally getting caught up on some items that have been in high demand and not being helped by production delays.  ACF and EPC will be available in larger numbers, we continue to develop new products, one of which is a Glock item that will drop next week.

Link Posted: 12/4/2021 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#15]
This might be a question for a thread of its own, but since it involves ACF I figured I'd ask here.

Pretty simple really, how would you compare ACF to the PRI gas buster when it comes to mitigating gas? I have a couple uppers that need charging handles, and I've been decided on getting ACFs for them but I'm wondering if this is the best route to go? I know the description of the ACF mentions a "taller and better gas deflection fence." I also read everywhere that the PRI is the way to go when it comes to gas mitigation, but I know it's been around for a while. So I'm not sure if that info is just a little dated.

And yes these uppers will be suppressed more often than not. They're 0.069 gas port 11.5" FBI barrels, so they won't be anything crazy overgassed.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By waddlingweezol:
This might be a question for a thread of its own, but since it involves ACF I figured I'd ask here.

Pretty simple really, how would you compare ACF to the PRI gas buster when it comes to mitigating gas? I have a couple uppers that need charging handles, and I've been decided on getting ACFs for them but I'm wondering if this is the best route to go? I know the description of the ACF mentions a "taller and better gas deflection fence." I also read everywhere that the PRI is the way to go when it comes to gas mitigation, but I know it's been around for a while. So I'm not sure if that info is just a little dated.

And yes these uppers will be suppressed more often than not. They're 0.069 gas port 11.5" FBI barrels, so they won't be anything crazy overgassed.
View Quote

Surefire mini-2 on a SR-15 CQB
KAC Heavy Buffer + Tubbs flatwire spring.

Typically I do not notice any gas when 223 using a PRI Gasbuster - eye pro or no.  
After switching to the ACF I do occasionally notice gas.  It's not eye-watering or anything - I just notice it.
So far it's the best I've tried aside from the gas buster.  As good or better than the ACH and much better than the SD.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#17]
@Duffy

I picked up a RHF handguard and would like to find a forged upper that has scalloped picatinny edges to match the handguard.  Any lead time on your forged uppers or an idea of other forged uppers that have the scalloped picatinny edges?

Link Posted: 12/4/2021 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By waddlingweezol:

View Quote
Good timing as I literally just got back from the range and played with the ACF. As always, there are several small details that you quickly come to appreciate.

Specific to gas, it does not do as well as the gas buster or Griffin SNACH - but it's not specifically designed with that in mind. That said, I'd echo the above in that the ACF does far better than the ACHs of the world. You aren't going going get gassed out unless the rifle is way overgassed to begin with. I'm thoroughly impressed with this charging handle.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:28:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#19]
CMT's, and many billet uppers have the slightly scalloped 1913 inside rail edges.

ACF's gas deflection fence is simple and straight forward.  The effectiveness of its gas blocking feature is rather subjective, there are more with the opinion it does a better job than CHs specifically designed to do it, but as mentioned previously, we've always considered the gas blocking feature a minor feature of a host of features.  The gas deflecting used to be supplemented by a gas vent which we subsequently discarded, couldn't tell the difference between with it closed or open, it'd run amok of patents too.  

ACF's features that took most of the R&D time was its shape, its "constant motion" latch that doesn't bottom out when and if you need to mortar the rifle and doesn't put stress on the material around the solid latch pins.  It wasn't designed to be a gas buster, it was a simple feature we tossed in.  Even so, it can stand on its own as a gas buster CH, never mind it was never billed, or designed to be.

Feedback that it's superior to many CH insofar as shielding the users' eyes from the gas generated by over pressure introduced inside the cavity in the upper and lower (by the suppressor) so far has been the majority of the feedback we received.  We still don't bill it as a gas busting CH, for it is not why ACF was created.

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 2:25:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Just stopping by to say that Roger is the Elon Musk of the AR accessory world.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:07:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Haha, other than he's shorter, younger, different eye and skin colors, bigger nose and eyes, and 297 billion dollars richer, we're nearly identical!
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Any possibility or thought to making T1/T2 battery cap with the extra battery storage like KAC?

I inquired with KAC and was told that other than some outstanding orders, there were no plans to resume production.

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#23]
For the T1 and T2 with years of battery life, I don't think it's necessary, in any case, it's KAC's design and we wouldn't copy them, not a good look for us and we have friends there
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#24]
For the T1 and T2 with years of battery life, I don't think it's necessary, in any case, it's KAC's design and we wouldn't copy them, not a good look for us and we have friends there
View Quote

One of those friends, Ash, said to have some patience.

That I shall do.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 7:57:44 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Fair enough.

I should have better framed the suggestion from the perspective of a broader concept that has support, but lacks in accessibility.

Nonetheless, the professional courtesy and decorum is respected.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 8:05:32 PM EDT
[#26]
I have one and like it, though it's not something I'd choose to do.

I don't store things on my AR, it's not a carrying platform, same goes for optics, it's not a a carrying platform either.  That said, the extra battery compartment is cool and has uses that are applicable to some users.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 3:20:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Any updates on the LPD?
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 10:38:35 AM EDT
[#28]
2022, a few more months now
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#29]
We only did it for that one run.  Bead blasted will probably be done in future runs to give an already grippy surface even more tranction, but the dark grey color that goes away with a light coat of oil came from the black oxide finish on top of black nitride (it's twice coated), because of some blotches that wouldn't go away from black nitride.

View Quote

I got one of these that looks parkerized as well in this mix of parts for my latest build.  To be honest, I wish it had the same finish everything else has, and it sticks out especially since I had the receivers and rail cerekoted in Elite Blackout.  As you can see it is a FCD heavy build....  

Details are SOLGW ZF Lower, BCG, A5 length RE, Vltor A5 Spring and buffer, Aero Upper, Criterion 13.9 Hybrid Barrel, Surefire Brake to be P/W, V7 Port door, G SSA and Gas Block, B5 End Plate and B23 Brip.  

FCD as follows:
12.8" RHF
LSFA (Hodge)
PF-040
EMR-A
EMR-C
TGF
CNF
ABC-R
ASF-50Q
RBF
MSQ-H
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#30]
@Duffy

Any chance we'll see an XL 6315KM for pinning on a 13.9" barrel, like we're seeing with the Expo Arms 1215KM? Just asking before I P&W a NOX, because I'd rather have the 6315KM.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 11:31:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Yep, there's a story behind that but yes it's coming soon
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 12:50:32 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Awesome.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 1:12:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Hey Roger, when did those BRT barrels land?
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Will it also work on 13.7" ? Please
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#35]
It was intended to bring a 13.9" to over 16", it should work on 13.7" but the barrel will need 0.1" of washers or shims, assuming 0.5" of barrel threads.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Noted, thank you sir!
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 7:57:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HAMBURGERATTACK] [#37]
Duffy,

I'm hearing tell of a V1 and V2 version of the FDE ACF

Seems like the v1 FDE looks more like what you are now calling Mallard Brown - whereas the new one is more the traditional goldish (below pic: from left to right #4 and #6 are both supposed to be FDE).

Just wondering because I got an "FDE" marked one that looks exactly like the Mallard brown.    

Any differences besides the colors?  Are the "mallard" colors going to be limited releases?

Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:58:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#38]
Originally Posted By HAMBURGERATTACK:
Duffy,

I'm hearing tell of a V1 and V2 version of the FDE ACF

Seems like the v1 FDE looks more like what you are now calling Mallard Brown - whereas the new one is more the traditional goldish (below pic: from left to right #4 and #6 are both supposed to be FDE).

Just wondering because I got an "FDE" marked one that looks exactly like the Mallard brown.    

Any differences besides the colors?  Are the "mallard" colors going to be limited releases?

https://i.imgur.com/2ovQt8nl.jpg
View Quote

Do you have bots or insider info on when these are getting released or something? Dealer maybe? Just asking because dang so many are trying to get just ONE. Esstac hooked me up after I was cart sniped out of the generosity of their own heart, and I know someone else that would at least wants one and should be to get a fighting chance at one.

No hate, just frustrated at how some people have turned this into collecting, hoarding even. I too would like to know and learn these insider secrets so that I can have an actual chance too one day.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:11:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HAMBURGERATTACK] [#39]

Do you have bots or insider info on when these are getting released or something? Dealer maybe? Just asking because dang so many are trying to get just ONE. Esstac hooked me up after I was cart sniped out of the generosity of their own heart, and I know someone else that would at least wants one and should be to get a fighting chance at one.

No hate, just frustrated at how some people have turned this into collecting, hoarding even. I too would like to know and learn these insider secrets so that I can have an actual chance too one day.
View Quote

Those aren't my handles - they are from some FCD slut on reddit.

Shamefully I bought one from a scalper for $130 because I could not play the waiting game anymore. It's the only thing I've ever broken down and bought from a scalper actually (non-gun stuff included).

Honestly, I'm fine with whatever shade of FDE - but if what I've got is somewhat of a rare version or part of a limited run I would like to know.  

Link Posted: 1/12/2022 10:36:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#40]
FDE will be FDE, the darker brown we're calling Mallard Brown is a dark brown very close to the brown SIG uses on the M17/M18 slides, as well as what Vortex uses on its optics.

Mallard Brown is a new color, it doesn't replace FDE

Attachment Attached File

Please don't pay scalper prices.  ACF will be available in greater numbers very soon

We're a small shop (husband and wife team), the number of products we introduce each year and our friends might make us look bigger, but we're tiny.  We do everything in small batches so we can quickly make changes and improvements as needed, that and we machine everything out of solids mean the quantities are always small, and prices are higher.

We're not filling big Army contracts so we're not occupied with big volume productions.  Federal, state and local LE agencies requirements and products purchased by unit funds aren't difficult to meet, as we stockpiled products they usually need.  Our focus isn't profit or growing larger, we've been turning down new dealers for months now.  We do focus on making a difference to users that use their firearms for a living and defense.  Due to our small size and scarcity of some products, we might be aptly called boutique, it's fine with us, the label doesn't change our mission.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#41]

Its the real deal
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#42]
FDE will be FDE, the darker brown we're calling Mallard Brown is a dark brown very close to the brown SIG uses on the M17/M18 slides, as well as what Vortex uses on its optics.

Mallard Brown is a new color, it doesn't replace FDE

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/781/IMG_0108_jpeg-2238440.JPG

Please don't pay scalper prices.  ACF will be available in greater numbers very soon

We're a small shop (husband and wife team), the number of products we introduce each year and our friends might make us look bigger, but we're tiny.  We do everything in small batches so we can quickly make changes and improvements as needed, that and we machine everything out of solids mean the quantities are always small, and prices are higher.

We're not filling big Army contracts so we're not occupied with big volume productions.  Federal, state and local LE agencies requirements and products purchased by unit funds aren't difficult to meet, as we stockpiled products they usually need.  Our focus isn't profit or growing larger, we've been turning down new dealers for months now.  We do focus on making a difference to users that use their firearms for a living and defense.  Due to our small size and scarcity of some products, we might be aptly called boutique, it's fine with us, the label doesn't change our mission.
View Quote

Any idea on when some ABC/Rs are going to restock as well?
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 11:24:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Forward and rear biased versions should be about a month out.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 7:29:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By cwar_USA:
https://i.imgur.com/9nNhwQE.jpg
Its the real deal
View Quote

Ooh, are those back?  I might get one for my brother for his first AR that he's building since he's a Cola vet.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#45]
308 ACF?
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Gents, some ACF Randy’s was just in stock briefly. With Duffy saying there would be some in stock really soon, my gut is saying to keep your heads on a swivel this week for Big Tex and Rooftop to getting some ACFs in stock.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:03:01 PM EDT
[#47]
We still have some Randy (blemished, long story) ACF 223s available.  Minor tool marks under the T handle.

Though we focus on function mostly and don't really care about looks, some of our customers do care, I don't think we can tell them too bad, buy our stuff for the way it works, not the way it looks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:04:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TeegsGR] [#48]
Dang missed them again .... one day @Duffy
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Oops just put some more back in stock.

We'll be shipping Walther PDP RMR plates to dealers next week

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:34:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TeegsGR] [#50]
Oops just put some more back in stock.

We'll be shipping Walther PDP RMR plates to dealers next week

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/781/IMG_0172_jpeg-2242474.JPG
View Quote

Thank you good Sir! I thought I read the Randy's I missed out on were FDE, I scooped up a black one last week from one of your vendors. Hmm still might need another to start another build lol
Page / 32
Forward Controls Design (Page 10 of 32)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top