AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is true.

I was thinking along the lines of $90 times multiple rifles piled on top of just having spent over $700 on a new dishwasher and wanting a modlite plhv2 head ($230).

I believe the appropriate thing for me to do now is say I'll go be poor somewhere else?
View Quote

That's funny, cause my old lady just bought a new dishwasher too, doesn't get delivered till next week though.  She also says our dryer is on it's last legs.  So, it looks like any new triggers I want will be in the ~$100 & below category for a while.  Unless of course they give us more "free" money.  I guess it's like that old saying the difference between men & boys is just the price of their toys.  Of course, most of my toys can be used for hunting, self defense, entertainment, boogaloo, not that those are mutually exclusive.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 7:50:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What's the fastest single stage trigger that you guys have used?
View Quote

Wilson Combat TTU without a doubt. I've owned Geissele SD-E's, SSP, KAC, and LMT 2 stage triggers. The Wilson Combat TTU single stage is by far the fastest trigger with the best break out of any of those. Not sure what kind of voodoo black magic Wilson Combat used to make this trigger.

With that said the SD-E is my overall favorite.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Great trigger for the money......

It’s asinine to expect top shelf quality and perfection for $80
View Quote

Really? Mine seem just as good as anything else I have used. I'm not a bench rest shooter though. I'm a dirt shooter
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Really? Mine seem just as good as anything else I have used. I'm not a bench rest shooter though. I'm a dirt shooter
View Quote

Same I've been very impressed with my larue mbt. I have a few very high end triggers to compare it to including an AR gold trigger and Geissele offerings. I don't feel any drop off in performance with the larue, it's just different. The AR gold trigger of course has a lighter pull and shorter reset, and while that's great during dry fire, it's not necessary for most uses.

The larue mbt blows away the BCM pnt trigger I replaced. I liked the BCM trigger for what it was. It's a well polished mil spec pull weight trigger. Actually the best "mil spec" trigger I've used.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just got a Geissele SSP, as I have been wanting to compare it to my Larue 1 stage triggers to see if they were similar like the 2 stage triggers.....they are not. The SSP absolutely destroys the Larue 1 stage trigger in comparison. It's the 1st 1 stage trigger I have ever used that feels like it is a 2 stage trigger that is already at the 2nd stage wall just waiting to break. Absolutely zero creep and feels much much lighter in weight than the Larue single stage. Also, a much more positive reset, not that the Larue's reset was bad, but this just feels even stronger and more audible. I have only dry fired at this point as I just got the SSP last night, but so far I am VERY impressed.
View Quote

I put a SSP in the wife's gun, and that is exactly how I would describe it. Incredible trigger. I have three others with SSA-E triggers, and the SSP feels just like the second stage of the SSA-E. It might actually be too smooth and nice though, that is supposed to be a bump in the night gun, and especially for her I think it needs a heavier trigger. The P in SSP really does mean precision, I think it is perfection in precision rifles for shooters who really prefer single stage triggers. For fighting rifles, it might be a little too easy!
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:49:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Good evening all.

Put about 50 rounds through Hiperfire EDT ( Enhanced Duty Trigger) "Sharp Shooter" model yesterday.

Joe Bob Outfitters shipped next business day and trigger came packaged in heavy molded plastic retail packaging that is/was neither fancy nor lacking in quality, the trigger

arrived safely and promptly with proper instructions and a rather neat sharp guide pin to aid in pin removal and reinstall; the sear was held to the trigger and the sear spring pre-installed

all held by temporary holding pin and aiding in keeping the assembly together for shipping and a neat way to aid a bit for installation; trigger came with two hammer springs color-coded

Green for ~4.5lb pull and Red for ~5.5lb pull. I tried the Green one yesterday.

First impression: Smooth but long slide to break, but a really sweet break. Reset was really nice.

Second impression: After 25 rounds: Getting used to the rather long take-up slide to the break. The clean break aids greatly in my own personal human flinch instinct and is really nice.

Lastly: After 50 rounds I'm buying another one because a co-worker wants to purchase the lower with the Hiperfire trigger, he was just as impressed as I was.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ive come to the same end result owning two MBTs. Not impressed at all.

Geissle is my  main go to,  but for a precision gun I also like the CMC straight bar 2.5 SS triggers. Really nice.
Then there is Timney. Cant go wrong there either.

Fact is the only thing the MBT has is price imo.
Its all in the branding and name, as I personally dont care how cheap something is if it doesn't do what I want it to do.
View Quote

I'm the opposite. Geissle triggers are overpriced and inconsistent in my opinion. I have a couple, I prefer the wider bow and heavier pull of the Larue. One trigger isn't objectively "better" than the other, it really comes down to individual preference.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I mostly have Geissele (S3G, SSP, SSA, SSA-E) but in new rifle tried TriggerTech. Based on the hype they were getting in the PRS crowd and how great of a trigger it was in my bolt gun, I tried their AR Competition trigger. Needless to say, that’s all I’m buying going forward.

It’s the only trigger that uses rounded surface/roller to reduce friction (afaik) and greatly reduces felt weight. I highly HIGHLY advise anyone to at least try them before spending Geissele money. I genuine believe its a game changer and changes what I expect from triggers.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/hiw-ar15.png
View Quote

Interesting design. Serious question, how do they handle being knocked around?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 3:19:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have multiple MBT's and Geissele triggers. I rank them like this:

High Speed Match>SSA-E=B-G2S-E>MBT>SSA=G2S

I prefer the 1lb second stage of the SSA-E to the 2lb second stage of the MBT and SSA. But in most rifles the MBT is good enough and the SSA-E isn't worth the extra cost.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is where I disagree with that statement.

We all know Mark can be an abrasive guy. With that being said I appreciate that in some aspects. However, his entire goal and marketing plan was to produce a trigger which he said was better than the ones "made in Pennsylvania" for half the price. To me, I would expect it to just as good. I wouldn't say it "good enough for $80". I would want the results they are claiming.

Now, have I tried one yet? No. But this thread is making me want to compare them now. Hell. I think that someone should compare them all and we should sticky the post!

Edit: For the record, I'm not defending anyone. I think that both Bill and Mark produce very good products. Maybe I will buy a few triggers and do a blind test myself with a few identical uppers/lowers that I have to see what people like better between the two.
I have multiple MBT's and Geissele triggers. I rank them like this:

High Speed Match>SSA-E=B-G2S-E>MBT>SSA=G2S

I prefer the 1lb second stage of the SSA-E to the 2lb second stage of the MBT and SSA. But in most rifles the MBT is good enough and the SSA-E isn't worth the extra cost.

And if you're using it for duty or harsh competition,  the too-light G triggers suffer. Bench ain't brush.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered a MBT 2 stage last week. I'm anxious to see how it compares to the SSA-Es that I have. I know the pull weight will be slightly higher on the MBT but I'm more so curious on how smooth it is.

I still stand by my statement that the Geissele SSP is the best single stage trigger ever made.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#11]
It is hard to beat the LaRue for the price. I've been extremely impressed. I prefer it over my Geissele SD3G, granted the 3G is in a clone build and if it wasn't for that, I'd have gone with the SD-E or SD-C. I've found I don't like a rolling break; especially in a recce/hunting role. The SD3G is hard to beat if you want to mow through ammo though.

The ALG ACT on sale is another great option if you want a nice single stage for even less than the MBT.
The LMT 2 stage is great for intermediate range accuracy. It's a bit heavy, but it's consistent and breaks clean. The same could be said for the Armalite 2 stage adjustable match trigger: on the heavy side, but very consistent.

Those are the only non mil-spec triggers I have experience with so that's all I can offer.

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It is hard to beat the LaRue for the price. I've been extremely impressed. I prefer it over my Geissele SD3G, granted the 3G is in a clone build and if it wasn't for that, I'd have gone with the SD-E or SD-C. I've found I don't like a rolling break; especially in a recce/hunting role. The SD3G is hard to beat if you want to mow through ammo though.

The ALG ACT on sale is another great option if you want a nice single stage for even less than the MBT.
The LMT 2 stage is great for intermediate range accuracy. It's a bit heavy, but it's consistent and breaks clean. The same could be said for the Armalite 2 stage adjustable match trigger: on the heavy side, but very consistent.

Those are the only non mil-spec triggers I have experience with so that's all I can offer.
View Quote

I really like my Hiperfire EDT which isn't much more than the ALG ACT which I may give a try just to compare.  I won't buy anything from LaRue anymore, maybe if it's sold on amazon, cause at least then I know they've actually got it in stock when they say they do.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I ordered a MBT 2 stage last week. I'm anxious to see how it compares to the SSA-Es that I have. I know the pull weight will be slightly higher on the MBT but I'm more so curious on how smooth it is.

I still stand by my statement that the Geissele SSP is the best single stage trigger ever made.
View Quote

I wouldn’t put the two as direct competitors. There are compelling reasons to prefer MBTs, but its usually an economic question. I wouldn’t get my hopes up, your SSA-E will probably feel better.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 7:29:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Perception is different for everyone. As I’ve stated before, it’s a great trigger, FOR THE MONEY. There are better triggers, but they cone at a considerable cost increase.

I’m not insulting your opinion, I’m just stating mine.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 1:33:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Well. Like I promised. I purchased a MBT 2 Stage to try.

Short and simple review. Clean light First Stage. Zero Creep pulling through second stage to break. Just a little heavy on the break (for a two stage) for me. The only thing I don't really care for is the profile of the trigger. It is not nicely rounded like a traditional Mil-Spec or Geissele M4 Spec trigger. It can best be described as flat. I'd doesn't have as much radius as I'd like on the edges.

SSA-E is light pull weight because of the springs, I know. But if cost wasn't a factor, I'd go SSA-E.

However, If you want a good trigger at an unbeatable price. I'd buy one of these MBT -2S.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Love the HiperFire triggers - they changed up the model names a bit so somewhat confusing.

I like the current Reflex trigger the best and the EDT Sharpshooter is a good budget trigger.

Best price I've found is at BattleHawk Armory (great prices) - found them while waiting forever on OpticPlanet to fufill a backorder.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:24:04 AM EDT
[#17]
After reading this thread,I pulled out a rifle and replaced the light spring to the heavy. After that I pulled out the 4 others and replaced as well with heavy trigger spring. Much better!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:39:55 AM EDT
[#18]
I do not have any LaRue triggers to compare but I have several Geiselle SD-E triggers and Hiperfire 24C and a couple of Hiperfire Eclipse.

I prefer single stage triggers with flat trigger bows.
The SD-E is awesome but there is a micro amount of takeup before it feels solid compared to the 24C and the Eclipse.
The Hiperfire Eclipse is just flat out smoother than the SD-E and 24C.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What's the fastest single stage trigger that you guys have used?
View Quote

Hiperfire Hipertouch Eclipse. All 3 of my builds have them..
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I’d guess we need to this. I have an MBT, KAC and an SSA 2 stage triggers and honestly I can’t tell them apart.
View Quote

No kidding. The only trigger significantly better than the mbt is the geiselle dmr in my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:18:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I have 4 curved MBTs and I just ordered one of the Flat MBT 2 stages. I like the ACT a lot, but it is a tad heavy for my taste, and it is 4.5 pounds. I guess I just like lighter triggers
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#22]
For the money ,you won't beat Velocity triggers . When they ran a sale at $129.00 I bought 3 . biggest bang for the buck for sure.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:44:30 AM EDT
[#23]
It has been a few months since I last posted on this discussion. Personally, I have several 2-stage triggers. They include: KAC, RRA, two Geissele SSA-E, and several MBT-2S (including two straight bow). Of all of these, my preference is the MBT-2S (light spring). They are well made, inexpensive, and work well. I cannot discern any difference between the function of the MBT-2S and the KAC or Geissele. It is nicer than the RRA.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#24]
I have SSA/SSA-E/SCAR 2-triggers from Geissele and BCM PNTs as my single stage triggers.

The MBT-2S is a nice trigger and for $80, it is a good deal.  Feels like $100-ish trigger.  The straight / not rounded trigger shoe sides and the longer / different reset from Geissele are big differences to me.

I've very interested in trying the Centurion 2-stage trigger ($90) and if its more like a Geissele SSA I will likely sell off the Larues.  

At the $150-ish they started selling at, the Larues were definitely over priced.  For $80 they are good triggers.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Good evening all.

Kinda surprised this thread came back, great timing.

Had a chance to try the Canadian made Trigger Tech. Poor thing sat in Corona virus border quarantine for some time.

Installation is straightforward and I had a Anderson lower that I was going to dedicate to a bangin around fun 300BLK upper and sheer convenience had me putting

a $220 trigger into a $380 rifle. Hit the reloading bench to make some favorite 300BLK loads.

The Trigger Tech AR-15 trigger is a cassette type (a-la Timney, CMC, Rise, Elfman etc) of drop-in replacement upgrade trigger unit. Drop the unit in and pop the pins through

and the crazy looseness freaks you out a bit initially if you've never installed that type before. There are two small set-screws that press against the lower and lift the trigger

unit against the trigger/hammer pins and bind them into the lower. Not sure if this design is optimal in the AR-15 weapon platform, it is a battle weapon and my first impressions

were that this design was/is not robust enough. Just my honest impression.

Firing impression(s): The quality is outstanding and I felt extremely little creep, break was crisp and apprx 3lbs, reset is extremely short and not what I would consider positive in a traditional

sense. The reset represents the quality and is hard to describe because it is just that good.

Can a trigger be "too good" for an AR-15 platform weapon?

Very first trigger that I've tried that I actually would say should not be used in any SHTF role.

Put 100 rounds down the pipe with the Trigger Tech and had multiple "surprise" fliers. This is all on the shooter who has spent 15 years building muscle-memory for mil-spec

triggers. Been eatin gristle for 50 years and filet mignon kinda throws me for a loop.

When I get some vacation time (work is crazy busy this summer) I intend to try the Trigger Tech in a 80% large-frame lower that I just completed.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I was just about to pull the trigger on acquiring a LaRue MBT-2S to replace the shitty trigger group that came with the only low-end/bargain lower I have ever purchased (that’s another story entirely).  Now, after reading this thread I have reservations.

$80 is beyond reasonable, but is it truly worth it?  This is for a pistol, not a precision build, but the current trigger is terrible.  While the MBT is certainly not a Geissele, I will notice a significant improvement over the cheap ‘classic’ (hint) trigger group, right?  

I have a couple of Geisseles, one in my SCAR-H and another in my Tavor, and love them both, but I cannot justify putting a part that expensive on such a cheap lower.

I wish I never drank the kool-aid and bought this lower in the first place.  If it sounds too good to be true...
View Quote

I just installed a mbt-2s on a new build and I will say it gives the ssa-e i have in another rifle a run for its money.  The mbt-2s is a damn fine trigger for $87 IMHO and I will buy more.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 9:06:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
After reading this thread,I pulled out a rifle and replaced the light spring to the heavy. After that I pulled out the 4 others and replaced as well with heavy trigger spring. Much better!!
View Quote

@bossco14

What made them better? My pull weight is already heavy as hell with my light spring. Maybe they mixed them up?
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#28]
@allensaldi the heavier spring improved reset. Far as pull weight it don’t seem a whole much different than the light spring far as I can tell. I don’t want a too light trigger on these rifles. Larue puts a sticker on heavy spring.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:43:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I've very interested in trying the Centurion 2-stage trigger ($90) and if its more like a Geissele SSA I will likely sell off the Larues.  
View Quote

It's close, but not as glass smooth as my SSA-E.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Just got my first MBT 2s last week. Installed it, tested it, immediately got online and ordered another. I’m about to order another this week as well. It’s a great trigger at twice the price. At the price its at it’s a no brainer.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:51:37 PM EDT
[#31]
My Larue MBT made it one range trip before I sold it on the EE and replaced with another Geissele.   I have a ton of Larue products, but that one sucked.  Trigger is too wide, and the reset wasn't as strong as the Geissele or any other 2-stage I have owned.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

MBT 2S is better than SSA just flat out without considering price. That it costs 1/3 of what an SSA does makes it one of the best values in the market.

The G triggers pull ahead when you get into SSA-E and their specialized units like National Match. If you want a rock solid, smooth two stage duty style trigger you can not go wrong with the MBT. Worst case if you hate it you might lose $5 or $10 to re-sell it. They do not stay around long on the EE.

View Quote

Just got an MBT 2S two weeks ago to see what it was about. Bear in mind this is my sample of one. Its as good or better than the JP, better than SSA, and as good as the Timney to my finger. I thought I was getting a budget trigger  No. Its every bit as good as all those I mentioned. What its not is hard on the pocket book. It certainly isn't a sub 2lb trigger, but it is a sub 4lb trigger with a surprising clean break, and super nice reset. Your doing yourself a favor by trying one out before spending any more money on triggers.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 8:28:52 AM EDT
[#33]
‘Nother vote for Wilson Combat TTU here.

I’ve said it before and again, there’s no way the best non-drop-in trigger can beat the best drop-in trigger. The tolerances are completely controlled and consistent in drop in triggers. I’ve sent back multiple G triggers after hearing all the hype and finding they were no better (and usually worse) than my WC TTUs.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My Larue MBT made it one range trip before I sold it on the EE and replaced with another Geissele.   I have a ton of Larue products, but that one sucked.  Trigger is too wide, and the reset wasn't as strong as the Geissele or any other 2-stage I have owned.
View Quote

See the wideness is what I actually alike about it, I see it as a feature. But I do have giant hamburger helper hands and fat fingers. Different strokes and all that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 11:52:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

These threads are funny.
View Quote

I read here assertions about one trigger being better than another, but no description of how they might be better.

The traits of these triggers shouldn't be difficult to describe with specificity.

1. 1st stage travel (both length and smoothness)
2. 1st stage weight
3. 2nd stage weight
4. overtravel
5. reset

Link Posted: 7/31/2020 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I mostly have Geissele (S3G, SSP, SSA, SSA-E) but in new rifle tried TriggerTech. Based on the hype they were getting in the PRS crowd and how great of a trigger it was in my bolt gun, I tried their AR Competition trigger. Needless to say, that’s all I’m buying going forward.

It’s the only trigger that uses rounded surface/roller to reduce friction (afaik) and greatly reduces felt weight. I highly HIGHLY advise anyone to at least try them before spending Geissele money. I genuine believe its a game changer and changes what I expect from triggers.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/hiw-ar15.png
View Quote

What is the roller made of?
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What is the roller made of?
View Quote

It’s made of Stainless Steel now. Before it was carbide and then a massive recall / crap storm happened when the carbide was breaking and causing accidental discharges.

Guess they are good to go now?

I’d like to try one but dang that’s a lot of moving parts and adjustable crap in the trigger...
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I read here assertions about one trigger being better than another, but no description of how they might be better.

The traits of these triggers shouldn't be difficult to describe with specificity.

2. 1st stage weight
3. 2nd stage weight
4. overtravel
5. reset

View Quote

This is worthy of repeating. Very little objective information in this thread.

In addition to objective info on pull weights, etc. it's important to remember that even if you CAN objectively measure differences in some of these properties, it does NOT automatically mean that those differences will manifest themselves in your shooting performance. At the end of the day these are just tools designed to make you shoot better. If you tried two different triggers and decide that you like one better based on the 'feel' without objectively confirming that it helps you shoot better, you've done yourself a disservice.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Why does Larue make their triggers so that moving the safety is required when installing one of their triggers?
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 10:10:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Also, I have many different triggers. I have a few SSA-E and a few SSP, all M4 Curve Bow. I also have a few triggers that come installed in the BCM lower which are good for a standard Mil-Spec trigger. In the past I have had CMC Triggers, which were flat bow and that was why I changed them. I also had a Geissele Super 3 Gun curved bow that I didn't like. I disliked it because there were a few times where a second round came out that wasn't supposed. If you find the right spot on the reset and break, or the wrong spot to me, you can get rounds to come out very quickly/accidentally. I simply don't feel comfortable having a trigger where with such minimal input will send rounds down range unless it is a bolt gun. I also don't like the length of the reset on the SSA-E or and SSA because on the reset, you need to go back to stage one to reset it. Unlike a glock trigger for example. That is why the SSP has been a winner for me. It has a clean break, the trigger weight is light but firm enough to not be sketchy with a quick reset then break.  

Lastly, I would have to say I prefer single stage triggers vs two stage triggers in a "non-precision" application. I also prefer curved bow triggers vs flat bow triggers because my finger finds a home in the center of the curve.
View Quote

I have a Larue MBT flat bow, I really wanted to try a flat bow trigger in my rifle and I have found that I don't like them. It was a surprise because I love my flat triggers in my Glocks.

The Larue is a great trigger for me though as far as function, it has gone bang every time and feels nice with the exception of the flat bow (that's a personal preference). I also tend to prefer single stage triggers for my EARs. One day I'll build a precision gun and try a two-stage.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 10:15:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Thanks for the feedback.  I certainly love all the QD mounts and other LaRue products I've bought over the years.  Still on the fence, but think I will take a shot at the MBT-2S.

On a different note, I was also looking at the MBT-2S Straight Bow... anyone have one of these that could chime in?  

Admittedly, I'm a little old school and hate the way the straight bow trigger looks, but I realize it is function over form.  Should I consider uglying up my lower to try the straight bow?  (Yes, I know the ugly part is just my opinion - some people love the straight trigger look, I'm just not one of 'em).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have nothing but positive things to say about my MBTs, they are stellar triggers for the money.  I prefer them over my SSA

Thanks for the feedback.  I certainly love all the QD mounts and other LaRue products I've bought over the years.  Still on the fence, but think I will take a shot at the MBT-2S.

On a different note, I was also looking at the MBT-2S Straight Bow... anyone have one of these that could chime in?  

Admittedly, I'm a little old school and hate the way the straight bow trigger looks, but I realize it is function over form.  Should I consider uglying up my lower to try the straight bow?  (Yes, I know the ugly part is just my opinion - some people love the straight trigger look, I'm just not one of 'em).
I tried it and I don't like it as much as I thought I would. The trigger is great, it just feels off to me. But I love the straight trigger in my Glock, go figure.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Geissele is my favorite-several different flavors

May sell my MBT that is sitting on the work bench
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Yesterday I ordered a Triggertech Adj, Flat, Black to try out. See what the hype is.
I tried a flat AR trigger back in the day and didn’t like it. We’ll see on this one.
I love flat triggers in my HK handguns.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

2. 1st stage weight
3. 2nd stage weight
4. overtravel
5. reset  
View Quote

I just installed an Elftmann AR-10/15 trigger.
Was drawn to it by their claim of 'breaks like glass', being a 'Drop In', and the sealed ball bearings.

Was a bit of a bear to get installed, so failed on the 'drop-in' claim.
The body was too wide by a few thousandths of an inch to slide into the lower.
Not 100% their fault, as I could see where Armalite didn't have one side perfectly flat due to where they chose to stop the end mill's path when cutting the trigger well,
but why did Elftmann choose to make their body so wide?
Would not have hurt anything to had made it .005" narrower.
Had to sand down the inside of my lower to get the body in, and sand down the steel floor plate, as the radius on the corners didn't match the ones that Armalite put in.

And, NO, it doesn't 'break like glass'...

And it also fails on zukiphile's #4, over travel.
Seems excessive for the $$ I paid for it.
Now I will have to find a way to correct that.

And not real happy with the sharp edges on the trigger. Seen the pictures, but just didn't thing about that EDM cut trigger, not having any radius on those edges.
Something else I will have to address, or just use it as a carbon scraper....

But it does have sealed ball bearings, it is adjustable, and a hell of a lot better than the Jard trigger I had put into it 8 years ago.

Link Posted: 8/10/2020 6:00:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Holy cow - just got my Triggertech in.  WOW.  Sweet trigger.  Now I want some more.  Crap this might get really expensive.  Thing is awesome.  The first time I've felt a better trigger than my Wilson Combat TTU M2s.

Got this "Adaptable, Flat, Black" one.  Holy smokes y'all gotta try one.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top