BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 60
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#1]
@echotwofoxtrot What handrail is this please?
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 10:52:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Loonytik:
@echotwofoxtrot What handrail is this please?
View Quote

Knight's Armament URX4
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 5:13:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jessejames556] [#3]
Originally Posted By mattjedi:
The go-to now has appropriate desert camouflage.

https://i.imgur.com/JKNS6Js.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/COWYgmh.jpg
View Quote

What colors did you use on this? Looks great. I picked up a DDM4V11 SLW and I am considering painting it as well.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 6:42:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mechanicuss] [#4]
---------------
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 12:42:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DefenderAO] [#5]
Two is one, right?

Bottom is identical to the top except for the M600V light and Aimpoint 3XMAG-1 magnifier in a Unity FTC mount.  It will be my all around to have some better reach-out capability.  Top remains home defense.

Link Posted: 11/6/2020 11:17:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JerDerv] [#6]
Just got my light mounted so i feel like i can finally post my latest build. It is a BA 14" barrel pinned gas block, pinned and welded YHM flash hider. The YHM 3102 is shortened 0.1" to work with the YHM Kurz kit on the turbo K.

I still want a finger stop or hand stop for repeatable hand placement for light activation.

Link Posted: 11/7/2020 1:39:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Soberglitch] [#7]
This has been my go to rifle for years now.

Noveske Afghan Gen 1 upper
Vltor lower, IMOD stock, Larue MBT-2S
Trijicon TR24 (have a Badger 1.93 that I’m gonna throw this in soon)
Surefire M951 w/ Malkoff led and Cloud Defensive LCS
KAC 600m rear and M4 front buis

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:
Two is one, right?

Bottom is identical to the top except for the M600V light and Aimpoint 3XMAG-1 magnifier in a Unity FTC mount.  It will be my all around to have some better reach-out capability.  Top remains home defense.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50571971276_f94acbfdce_h.jpg
View Quote

These are uhh, whats the best word, perfect.

Are these full Triarc uppers? 12.5 maybe? Hard to tell barrel length exactly.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 12:43:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DefenderAO] [#9]
Originally Posted By Marecco:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Two is one, right?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50571971276_f94acbfdce_h.jpg

Thank you, I appreciate it.  Actually 11.5" (Triarc complete) uppers.  I have a 12.5" upper on the way that will host an OSS Ti can (will be my thermal set-up with a REAP-IR optic).

Also looking to move my NV set-up to an SBR.  My current is a Daniel Defense 16" which works, but I do prefer 11.5"-12.5" suppressed.  

I'm pleased where they are right now for sure...
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 2:43:19 PM EDT
[#10]
11.5" and 10.3"

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 9:13:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#11]
So, I think we have enough data on barrel lengths to see what the favorites are.  I'm going to be starting a new Poll.  This one will be on Our favorite name brand AR.  Make sure to vote at the top of the page, thanks.

jd
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Thank you, I appreciate it.  Actually 11.5" (Triarc complete) uppers.  I have a 12.5" upper on the way that will host an OSS Ti can (will be my thermal set-up with a REAP-IR optic).

Also looking to move my NV set-up to an SBR.  My current is a Daniel Defense 16" which works, but I do prefer 11.5"-12.5" suppressed.  

I'm please where they are right now for sure...
View Quote

Nice setups for sure. How do they run? I have heard the Triarc short barrels are gassed great for suppressed guns.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 11:36:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DefenderAO] [#13]

Nice setups for sure. How do they run? I have heard the Triarc short barrels are gassed great for suppressed guns.
View All Quotes

I'm pleased where they are right now for sure...

They run great. .046” gas port for suppressed only shooting. Very innovative and smooth action.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:04:25 PM EDT
[#14]

They run great. .046” gas port for suppressed only shooting. Very innovative and smooth action.
View Quote

Awesome. I moved a lot of my stuff over to Bootleg Adjustable carriers but that's essentially like putting a band aid on a cut that needs stitches. I like seeing stuff properly engineered to not have all the extra BS needed to make it run like it should.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#15]
This has become my favorite setup to date

Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:12:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#16]
Hey AO, does Triarc make Suppressed/Unsuppressed Uppers?
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:21:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#17]

Awesome. I moved a lot of my stuff over to Bootleg Adjustable carriers but that's essentially like putting a band aid on a cut that needs stitches. I like seeing stuff properly engineered to not have all the extra BS needed to make it run like it should.
View Quote

I have had great luck porting @ .06 and an H2 Buffer for Carbine Length Gas.  Then I swap to Mil Spec Buffers when I shoot unsuppressed.  I have done this on a 10-5 and 11-5 barrel.  It also might be pertinent that I pretty much only run 30cal suppressors on 5.56 and I run LMT Enhanced BCG's.  Personally I think 7.62 Cans are quieter at the ear than 5.56 Cans.

As for adjustable GB's and BCG's, I think you'll find a lot of heat erosion occurring, mainly on the set screws that close off gas, therefore requiring constant adjustment to maintain consistent back pressure.  I should note, I have no experience with adjustable BCG's, just GB's...
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:25:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackhalo] [#18]

View Quote

Not IMO man.

Running a small port isn't anything new, people have been doing it on the other forum for years. Think Sionics was one of the first, but BRT has made GP inserts for years and now makes barrels. I prefer to keep my 11.5's around .068 range. They'll run un-suppressed and dirty with hot ammo.

My go to 11.5" has a LMT enhanced bolt with a bootleg carrier, and a DD barrel @ .068 GP. I run it 100% suppressed with a Turbo K, but for me the ability to run it un suppressed with a simple adjustment is a must. But I like options
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 2:36:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marecco] [#19]
Originally Posted By Blackhalo:

Not IMO man.

Running a small port isn't anything new, people have been doing it on the other forum for years. Think Sionics was one of the first, but BRT has made GP inserts for years and now makes barrels. I prefer to keep my 11.5's around .068 range. They'll run un-suppressed and dirty with hot ammo.

My go to 11.5" has a LMT enhanced bolt with a bootleg carrier, and a DD barrel @ .068 GP. I run it 100% suppressed with a Turbo K, but for me the ability to run it un suppressed with a simple adjustment is a must. But I like options
View Quote

For sure options are always nice. Since cans are a thing there is really no time I every shoot without one so a properly sized gas port would essentially do away with needing the other adjustable stuff if running it suppressed 100% of the time. I do think the carriers are a great option for the off chance you want to shoot without a can. Make a quick turn and you're there. That's why I have them. But I feel it is still essentially a Band-Aid on a full suppressed rifle.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#20]

For sure options are always nice. Since cans are a thing there is really no time I every shoot without one so a properly sized gas port would essentially do away with needing the other adjustable stuff if running it suppressed 100% of the time. I do think the carriers are a great option for the off chance you want to shoot without a can. Make a quick turn and you're there. That's why I have them. But I feel it is still essentially a Band-Aid on a full suppressed rifle.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blackhalo:

Not IMO man.

Triarc's unsuppressed or normal gas block size is .0625".  That is on the smaller side compared top DD, BCM etc, and I think it's good.  I have no interest shooting 10.3"-11.5" barrels without a can.  The .046" is great towards that aim.  And yes, I hear you, sometimes the AGB and adjustable carriers feel like band-aids which can be avoided through engineering
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By M-4matus:
Hey AO, does Triarc make Suppressed/Unsuppressed Uppers?
View Quote

Yes, up until 12.5" which is only one GP size and where they move from carbine length gas to a mid length.  So, the 12.5" is a really soft shooter even with the larger gas port size
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Bump
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#23]
So I'm thinking about building an AR47.  I want to use a mil-spec lower.  Does anyone have any experience with this setup and it's reliability?  I dont like the mutant look and have all parts required except the barrel.  Hopefully I can find a good 12-5 barrel in 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#24]
@krdt
My machinist just sent me an image of the 11-5 Colt Commander, Dimple Fluted.  Not ruined, awesome.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 1:35:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Here is my Colt SOCOM. I made modifications to the following:

Muzzle device
Muzzle device washer
Barrel
Gas block
Gas tube
Gas tube roll pin
Hand guard
Barrel nut
Upper receiver
Upper receiver parts kit
Bolt carrier group
Charging handle
Lower receiver
Trigger
Lower parts kit
Grip
End plate
Receiver extension
Castle nut
Buffer
Buffer spring
Buttstock

It's a Colt SOCOM, so I know it's GTG!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
Here is my Colt SOCOM. I made modifications to the following:

Muzzle device
Muzzle device washer
Barrel
Gas block
Gas tube
Gas tube roll pin
Hand guard
Barrel nut
Upper receiver
Upper receiver parts kit
Bolt carrier group
Charging handle
Lower receiver
Trigger
Lower parts kit
Grip
End plate
Receiver extension
Castle nut
Buffer
Buffer spring
Buttstock

It's a Colt SOCOM, so I know it's GTG!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/bad-oip-rifle-920x435_jpg-1691468.JPG
View Quote

You made it better!

Speaking of which, I just ordered a 1 ton dually and I am going to have the rear axle fluted and converted to single rear wheel. Gonna put some sweet 24" wheels and low pro tires. It'll be awesome.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 9:05:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Well done.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#29]
My form 4 for my Turbo K got approved on Halloween and just got to my dealer yesterday, so now my go-to rifle is 100% done

Link Posted: 11/21/2020 3:01:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JerDerv] [#30]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:
My form 4 for my Turbo K got approved on Halloween and just got to my dealer yesterday, so now my go-to rifle is 100% done

https://i.ibb.co/mXh6Yf6/20201120-160900.jpg
View Quote

Yay congrats! I love my turbo K. Id do something about your tape switch cables though those look snag happy.

Might as well share my concealed carry handgun.

Link Posted: 11/22/2020 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#31]
An NFA first for me, Form 1 got approved recently

I feel it needs a DBAL 12 just for the CQB aiming laser, but might have to take off the Law to keep this thing from being too heavy
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:37:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DefenderAO] [#32]
Originally Posted By Jonny1904:
An NFA first for me, Form 1 got approved recently

https://i.imgur.com/8EO9OXO.jpg

I feel it needs a DBAL 12 just for the CQB aiming laser, but might have to take off the Law to keep this thing from being too heavy
View Quote

How are you shooting where the magnifier position is viable from for eye relief?  Nothing other than NTCH would work with it that far forward.  Looks like some strain...
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:17:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By JerDerv:

Yay congrats! I love my turbo K. Id do something about your tape switch cables though those look snag happy.

Might as well share my concealed carry handgun.
https://i.imgur.com/fTIVgcE.jpg
View Quote

Very nice! Honestly the cables look way worse than they are, but I did add another zip tie after your suggestion. Way better now, thanks!
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 7:33:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Quarantine] [#34]
Daniel Defense for me. I have ran Noveske and KAC and always come back to Daniel Defense. I am also a 21+ year military veteran. And am very familiar with Colt. Very simple and basic is the best way to go IMO, even as a veteran.

So for me it's Daniel Defense and OSS.

Every part on my DDM4:

Daniel Defense
BCM
Geissele
Insight
Elcan
Magpul
OSS

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 7:41:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#35]

@Cdm1985
Awesome Build!  I have the same build, differing only in the Mount.  Have yet to get my hands on a KAC Ambi Lower so ran the E3 Upper on a MARS-L.  Good idea!  I did get a KAC ambi CH and Sandcutter BCG for it so I'd love to have the KAC Lower.  Te Sling Swivel placement is pretty BA.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:15:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:11:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#38]

Very nice.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 11:55:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#39]
Just want to show a recant change made to my Suppressor only ARs.  Q Plan B and Q Cherry Bombs.  If you have 1 Rifle Can and 2 or 3 AR's, this is about as easy and reliable a QD Mounting Platform I have ever used.  Never comes loose and once cooled Always comes off.  I'm running 1/2x28 and 5/8x24 Cherry Bombs on an 11-5 and a 12-5 in 6.8SPC, both work great.  The Cherry Bomb is not the best MD outside of a Can, so mainly what I am endorsing is the Plan B.

Link Posted: 11/26/2020 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Make sure to vote on your favorite AR at the top of the page.  The next poll will be about Optics.  I will run a Red Dot/Holographic Poll, an LPVO Poll and a Magnified Optic Poll.  I am going to include Aimpoint Comp, Aimpoint T2, Trijicon RMR, Trijicon MRO,  EoTech and because so many of us are utilizing Magnifires, I'm going to include the Elcan Spector.  I believe the Elcan 1x4x is more like a Red Dot w/ Magnifier than an LPVO Trying to keep inline with tried and true Duty Optics, let me know what you want to see in the LPVO Section.  I'll let the current Poll continue through the weekend and then run each of the 3 Optics Polls for 10 days.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 1:44:28 AM EDT
[#41]
You’ll need to include the TA31/TA11/TA44 in that list.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 2:24:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#42]
Originally Posted By PBWalsh:
View Quote

@PBWalsh
So, do you think these fixed magnified sights should be in a rank of their own?  Also, Keep in mind, there are only 6 spots in the Polls.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 3:19:40 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Not for this century.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 8:56:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Wake27:

Not for this century.
View Quote

I disagree.  The ACOG is an absolute tank.  It will survive stuff that few other optics will survive, is powered by the fiber optics so no batteries, is super lightweight compared to other offerings, the glass is insane, and the field of view on it is unparalleled.  The only thing people could complain about that I would agree with is the eye relief, and while that sucks, it's a training issue and can be mitigated with a rear biased riser.

Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#46]

50 shades of FDE. I love it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

50 shades of FDE. I love it.
View Quote

Thinking about an FDE Upper, lol
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By india13c:

I disagree.  The ACOG is an absolute tank.  It will survive stuff that few other optics will survive, is powered by the fiber optics so no batteries, is super lightweight compared to other offerings, the glass is insane, and the field of view on it is unparalleled.  The only thing people could complain about that I would agree with is the eye relief, and while that sucks, it's a training issue and can be mitigated with a rear biased riser.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By india13c:
Originally Posted By Wake27:

Not for this century.

The TA31 has short eye relief because of the field of view.  

Move your eye back to where it is with a TA11 and holy fuck, you have the same field of view.

The TA31 is one of, if not the best carbine optics bar none.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:30:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:00:19 AM EDT
[#50]

@PBWalsh
So, do you think these fixed magnified sights should be in a rank of their own?  Also, Keep in mind, there are only 6 spots in the Polls.
View All Quotes

@PBWalsh

Yes, maybe add just a generic “fixed prism” option. Prism optic such as these are very light weight, durable, and fast. To the person saying “not for this century”, I must disagree. LPVOs are heavier, and most require batteries for illumination. The TA31 is 9.9oz naked, never needs a battery, and when combined with a front objective cap, is essentially a 1/4x optic. With my cantilever ADM mount, it puts the ACOG in a more rearward position which allows me to shoot unhindered by the shorter eye relief.  

For me and what I wanted out of my utility AR, it is perfect.
Page / 60
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top