Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 180
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 2:12:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DackJaniels:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/400604/218D4A01-371F-4C75-8C55-275CEE2A4ED9-2768708.jpg

If anyone knows where to get one of the springs for the URX Fromt sights let this guy know
View Quote

Think I have some. Email sent
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:48:06 AM EDT
[#2]
More gangster

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

MRE rail is so hot.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:56:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CMCctx:
https://i.imgur.com/hAU1WSW.png
View Quote

Pretty
Damn
Sexy
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#6]

My simple setup:
Colt 6920 M4 upper half
Colt AR6721 AR-15A3 Tactical carbine lower half
Knight's Armament M4 RAS
Colt ambi reversible selector
BCM Gunfighter medium ambi charging handle
KAC 300M folding rear BUIS
B5 Systems grip
Vltor original modstock
Aimpoint M2 red dot
LaRue Tactical LT129 cantilever QD lever mount
Surefire M951 weaponlight
Magpul PMAG gen3
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 10:26:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't remember if I already posted this, so what the heck.

All Colt, 14.5", Larue quad, KAC VFG and BUIS, Aimpoint with reversed factory mount, LSO A1 PG, Gear Sector sling and N1 stock with rack number.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 10:36:49 PM EDT
[#8]

A4 came out today, shot at some tree stumps that were talking shit. Its so dang smooth...

Also.... last night i ended up needing a pistol mounted light because some raccoons were fucking around, so i helped them find out..

I totally could have taken the 6v adapter out of the 660 and made it a 3v and it'd actually be somewhat practical size wise, but the p60 lamp is too dim at 3v
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Brandonbeezy:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517593/20230408_202418-2775711.jpg

A4 came out today, shot at some tree stumps that were talking shit. Its so dang smooth...

Also.... last night i ended up needing a pistol mounted light because some raccoons were fucking around, so i helped them find out..

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517593/received_3369324070064530-2775720.jpg

I totally could have taken the 6v adapter out of the 660 and made it a 3v and it'd actually be somewhat practical size wise, but the p60 lamp is too dim at 3v
View Quote

That is absolutely the most Ranger idea that I have seen in a long time, simply awesome. I'm sure those raccoons won't be hanging around your property anymore.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 11:30:29 PM EDT
[#10]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517593/20230408_202418-2775711.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517593/received_3369324070064530-2775720.jpg

View Quote

Found this Wilcox (I think?) Scout mount a few years back and tossed it on for shiggles.

Link Posted: 4/8/2023 11:32:35 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

That is a SEXY BITCH!!!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Found this Wilcox (I think?) Scout mount a few years back and tossed it on for shiggles.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/204916/20180428_232724-528883.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/204916/20180428_232736-528884.JPG
View Quote

Hell yes, im glad im not the only one haha
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/204916/20180428_232724-528883.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/204916/20180428_232736-528884.JPG

It works better than I thought it would. If I could slide it back a bit it would work even better.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 4:10:19 PM EDT
[#14]

It works better than I thought it would. If I could slide it back a bit it would work even better.
View Quote

Flip it around and it would work like a gas pedal
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 4:18:57 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

thats what i did with the knob on the mount on mine lol
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 4:22:32 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

I want to say I did try that and it was too far back. But it's been 5 or 6 years since I did that so who knows.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:31:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ConanTheCimmerian] [#17]
I finally ordered an M4 RAS, it will be going on a 14.5 inch BCM I’ve had for years, to make a “close enough” M4 clone. While rifle is spray painted already, so I’ll be spraying the RAS as well.

Sometime soon, I may be picking up an Aimpoint for it. I’m trying to decide if the PRO is close enough or if I want to spend extra for the Comp M4. It obviously won’t be an exact clone, but I’d like it to be a reasonable facsimile with major GWOT vibes.

Edit: Also, I’m assuming the KAC VFG is the way to go? I really like the Tango Down stubby, but I mostly see those on MK18s, not really on the big Army M4s.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:08:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Besides the M12 and serpa holsters. What other holsters were used/issued?

Couldn't find anything on Google.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AWZ1287:
Besides the M12 and serpa holsters. What other holsters were used/issued?

Couldn't find anything on Google.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:42:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Thanks, I found one on ebay
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Gwot bros of ingenuity, any of you guys worked with an old armalite fiberglass FF tube?

Specifically, I’m kicking around the idea of doing an FSB build with one.  How easy is the material to cut without screwing it up?  What would be the best way to attach pic rail pieces.

I’d have to source an old Armalite rifle to get the toob, so I’m trying to determine if this is even feasible.

Sort of like this, but different:

The only guy I recall doing one of these was @TNVC_Augee but I bet someone in here has done this.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 3:53:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CMCctx] [#22]
Originally Posted By Subpar:
Gwot bros of ingenuity, any of you guys worked with an old armalite fiberglass FF tube?

Specifically, I’m kicking around the idea of doing an FSB build with one.  How easy is the material to cut without screwing it up?  What would be the best way to attach pic rail pieces.

I’d have to source an old Armalite rifle to get the toob, so I’m trying to determine if this is even feasible.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/026404EF-5D38-484E-A24A-AD0B146A7BF9-2781042.jpg

The only guy I recall doing one of these was @TNVC_Augee but I bet someone in here has done this.
View Quote

I've had the whole set

The carbine chop is gonna get a freshening up once the Gordy M4 can clears.

ETA: it's not difficult to cut through with lubrication. My stupid ass was having a heck of a time until it dawned on me. After oil was applied it went through like butter.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#23]

https://i.imgur.com/X2MQtJ4.jpeg

I've had the whole set

The carbine chop is gonna get a freshening up once the Gordy M4 can clears.

ETA: it's not difficult to cut through with lubrication. My stupid ass was having a heck of a time until it dawned on me. After oil was applied it went through like butter.
View Quote

Wow!  That didn’t take long!  Those look great!

Ok, so lubricant.  Explain like I’m an idiot.  What are you using for lubricant?  Is this something I could do with basic tools?  On the FSB I assume you have to drill holes to install the taper pins?  

The plan would be to use a 12.X barrel and recess an AEM5.  Is it roughly the same ID as a PRI tube?  You think I’d have enough clearance for the can and a backer for a piece of pic rail at 0130?

Thanks, dude.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#24]

Wow!  That didn’t take long!  Those look great!

Ok, so lubricant.  Explain like I’m an idiot.  What are you using for lubricant?  Is this something I could do with basic tools?  On the FSB I assume you have to drill holes to install the taper pins?  

The plan would be to use a 12.X barrel and recess an AEM5.  Is it roughly the same ID as a PRI tube?  You think I’d have enough clearance for the can and a backer for a piece of pic rail at 0130?

Thanks, dude.
View Quote

I didn't personally do the FSB but got all of the info on how it was done. Two holes drilled on bottom for set screws, but you could accomplish thee same thing with holes drilled through for taper pins (that's how Augee did it).

I just used UCWRG Unicorn Lube because it was already out. I would assume any oil would do it. I used a kerf saw (again, first thing I found once I got the itch to finally do it) but I'd imagine a simple hack saw would have been easier. I measured and taped where I wanted the cut then used a hose clamp as a guide.

You won't be able to tuck AEM5 with the end cap installed. There's too much metal where they reinforced the sling stud. You'd have to shave that down or cut off end cap entirely.

PRI tubes are 2" OD, and Armalite fiberglass tube is 2.25" OD. I've never measured interior clearance but I'd wager a bet that you'd have zero issue with clearing a thin backer. Rail sections are probably going to be the biggest hurdle, as the ones meant for tubes are for 2" OD, so the radius will be too deep by just enough for it to be annoying.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:31:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: J_taylor] [#25]

Specifically, I'm kicking around the idea of doing an FSB build with one.  How easy is the material to cut without screwing it up?  What would be the best way to attach pic rail pieces.

I'd have to source an old Armalite rifle to get the toob, so I'm trying to determine if this is even feasible.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/026404EF-5D38-484E-A24A-AD0B146A7BF9-2781042.jpg

View Quote
That reminds me of an archived post I read yesterday.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By J_taylor:
That reminds me of a archived post I read yesterday.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/548798/Screenshot_20230412_190431_DuckDuckGo_jp-2781096.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By J_taylor:
That reminds me of a archived post I read yesterday.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/548798/Screenshot_20230412_190431_DuckDuckGo_jp-2781096.JPG

Interesting.  That’s pretty much exactly the build I was envisioning.  Thanks!

I didn't personally do the FSB but got all of the info on how it was done. Two holes drilled on bottom for set screws, but you could accomplish thee same thing with holes drilled through for taper pins (that's how Augee did it).

I just used UCWRG Unicorn Lube because it was already out. I would assume any oil would do it. I used a kerf saw (again, first thing I found once I got the itch to finally do it) but I'd imagine a simple hack saw would have been easier. I measured and taped where I wanted the cut then used a hose clamp as a guide.

You won't be able to tuck AEM5 with the end cap installed. There's too much metal where they reinforced the sling stud. You'd have to shave that down or cut off end cap entirely.

PRI tubes are 2" OD, and Armalite fiberglass tube is 2.25" OD. I've never measured interior clearance but I'd wager a bet that you'd have zero issue with clearing a thin backer. Rail sections are probably going to be the biggest hurdle, as the ones meant for tubes are for 2" OD, so the radius will be too deep by just enough for it to be annoying.

Thanks for all the details!  Very helpful and seems doable.

I didn’t realize it had an endcap.  You think removing it would turn the tube into a linguini noodle/MK16 or should it be reasonably structural sound?  No bipod would be on it, so it wouldn’t really be cranked on.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Interesting.  That’s pretty much exactly the build I was envisioning.  Thanks!

Thanks for all the details!  Very helpful and seems doable.

I didn’t realize it had an endcap.  You think removing it would turn the tube into a linguini noodle/MK16 or should it be reasonably structural sound?  No bipod would be on it, so it wouldn’t really be cranked on.
View Quote

I've been back and forth on my carbine chop whether or not to reattach the end cap, but purely for aesthetic purpose. It's plenty solid to run without it
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:
https://i.imgur.com/fIURupt.jpg
View Quote

Right in the feels!
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 2:52:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:
https://i.imgur.com/fIURupt.jpg
View Quote

black beauty
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#31]
What’s the best source for a KAC VFG?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:21:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By AZgunner:
View Quote

EE. One dude was selling a few for $45 each.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:
Originally Posted By AZgunner:

Sold.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#34]
The original method to put the fiberglass tubes on 5.56 guns was with a modified SR-25 tube, which doesn't have an end cap at all. It just ends in a rounded contour, so if you wanted to leave it off and round it on a grinder, it would be plenty strong and look the part for a wider/earlier timeframe. Also, the end caps on the Armalite tubes are not very easy to remove in my experience. They aren't just secured by the bipod stud, they're glued and pressed in. The SR-25 tubes just have a hole drilled for the bipod stud and which is secured by a small nut.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By VorpalColt:
The original method to put the fiberglass tubes on 5.56 guns was with a modified SR-25 tube, which doesn't have an end cap at all. It just ends in a rounded contour, so if you wanted to leave it off and round it on a grinder, it would be plenty strong and look the part for a wider/earlier timeframe. Also, the end caps on the Armalite tubes are not very easy to remove in my experience. They aren't just secured by the bipod stud, they're glued and pressed in. The SR-25 tubes just have a hole drilled for the bipod stud and which is secured by a small nut.
View Quote

I've had two SR25 tubes, the barrel nut just has holes closer to the exterior to line up with the gas tube height difference. Other than that they're identical to the small frame versions (including end cap). If not for the barrel nut holes and corresponding index pin on the tube itself, they would be 1:1 interchangeable.

I do agree that they're plenty strong enough without the end cap.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#36]

I've had two SR25 tubes, the barrel nut just has holes closer to the exterior to line up with the gas tube height difference. Other than that they're identical to the small frame versions (including end cap). If not for the barrel nut holes and corresponding index pin on the tube itself, they would be 1:1 interchangeable.

I do agree that they're plenty strong enough without the end cap.
View Quote

That's cool to hear; definitely news to me as well. I suppose I might have an older one. In that case, I'm not sure if they used the variant I own, as it would be quite the hassle to modify to fit the small frame barrel nut. The threads at the base of the tube are the same though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By THEdtw:
https://i.imgur.com/48MGrC5.jpeg
View Quote

That carbine rail though
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 9:29:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone have a YHM Tri Rail. Hit me up.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Is this worthy posting here?

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 7:54:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Goody454] [#43]

Nice! A2’s just feel like home :)

Devil Doc?

ETA:  just notice the Kneeling, Standing, “M” (…?). marks on your sling.  You win my vote for best picture of the day.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:35:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Goody454:

Devil Doc?

ETA:  just notice the Kneeling, Standing, “M” (…?). marks on your sling.  You win my vote for best picture of the day.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Goody454:

Devil Doc?

Yup, that was an old issued sling. The M was for my mini 14 I had it on for a while. The 20" A2 is like a good pair of boots. It just fits perfectly.

I was an 0311 and currently a nurse.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 10:09:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By RichieRich562:

https://i.imgur.com/5MYbS0T.jpg
View Quote

Elcan on a basic ass m4 is a vibe

I need more waffle stock though....
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Good people of the best thread on the forum. I present to you...

Some shit

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/Trijicon-Credo-2-10x36-FFP-MOA/163-2348236/?page=1

Note the trade. I need said trade for this..

If you know of someone who could help me out, please send them my link!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 10:14:19 PM EDT
[#47]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517593/2021-07-22_05-31-01-2803952.jpg

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RichieRich562:

https://i.imgur.com/5MYbS0T.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517593/2021-07-22_05-31-01-2803952.jpg

I will trade you a waffle stock for that Elcan
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 11:05:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Cowbell:

I will trade you a waffle stock for that Elcan
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:26:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Stripped the rattle can and Cerakoted the LVAWish build.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 180
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top