User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 87
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 12:08:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bltsammich16:
I'm legit surprised they run the inforce WML. I know the gov issued inforce products before, but the WML has been nothing but shit for me. Strobing out, or just not functioning.
View Quote

The method of activation, form factor, and price are all positives. The Streamlight TLR-RM2 is a rather poor attempt by Streamlight to mimic it; it's taller so a 12 o'clock mount blocks your optic, the switch is not as ergonomic, and the thing flickers with CR123A batteries due to the weak battery spring.

My experience has been the WML Gen 2 lights are good to go. Ran a WMLx for 3 years on a patrol rifle that took some pretty hard hits on door frames. The bezel was pretty chewed by the time I sold it on the EE and it still worked. The WML on my FBI clone has not seen hard use, however I have a second one on my home defense rifle. The WML is mounted at 12 o'clock above the gas block and the bezel over hangs the muzzle device (and can). I've had the rail so hot it could not be gripped with a bare hand and the light was unphased.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 11:16:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MO-6] [#2]
Originally Posted By bltsammich16:
I'm legit surprised they run the inforce WML. I know the gov issued inforce products before, but the WML has been nothing but shit for me. Strobing out, or just not functioning.
View Quote

The Inforce lights are pretty typical for regular Agent guns (they’re cheap and cheap is what PFI’s like). Don’t see many on SWAT carbines.  I’ve always had SureFire in the past, but ModLites are becoming more common now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:49:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MO-6:

The Inforce lights are pretty typical for regular Agent guns (they’re cheap and cheap is what PFI’s like). Don’t see many on SWAT carbines.  I’ve always had SureFire in the past, but ModLites are becoming more common now.
View Quote

Yeah, if Modlite wanted to play with ADS, we would see a lot more of them
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#5]
What tripod is that?
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 11:20:33 AM EDT
[#6]
BTT
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 10:59:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked up a MK 4 Federal Rail last week during Geissele's Blem sale for $201 shipped

I swapped it with the regular MK 4 that I bought during the last sale because I never thought I would see the Fed version available as a blem

It works with the 10.3" barrel but I need to get a SureFire WarComp Closed Tine Flash Hider for it

Link Posted: 4/25/2023 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone have experience with the Huxwrx cans the teams are running? My agency might purchase some and I’m curious how they compare to other popular 5.56 cans.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AZgunner:
Anyone have experience with the Huxwrx cans the teams are running? My agency might purchase some and I’m curious how they compare to other popular 5.56 cans.
View Quote

I haven't had a chance to use the 5.56 version of the Huxwrx, but the new DMR we fielded about two years ago is the 7.62 version and I have to say that they are pretty impressive. The ones we have are marked under their former name (OSS), and like I stated are 7.62 models, but the flow through concept works pretty well. I get way more gas to the face when shooting my own 14.5 inch AR with a Surefire RC-2 and Dead Air Sandman-S than the HK made M110A1 7.62 DMR with the Huxwrx suppressor. Before anyone loses their mind, I know that the M110A1 is a gas piston operated platform, so that may have a little to do with the reduction in gas to the shooter, but those cans do benefit from the front vent holes and are quite a bit lighter than some of the other cans offered in 7.62.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By jmh556:

I haven't had a chance to use the 5.56 version of the Huxwrx, but the new DMR we fielded about two years ago is the 7.62 version and I have to say that they are pretty impressive. The ones we have are marked under their former name (OSS), and like I stated are 7.62 models, but the flow through concept works pretty well. I get way more gas to the face when shooting my own 14.5 inch AR with a Surefire RC-2 and Dead Air Sandman-S than the HK made M110A1 7.62 DMR with the Huxwrx suppressor. Before anyone loses their mind, I know that the M110A1 is a gas piston operated platform, so that may have a little to do with the reduction in gas to the shooter, but those cans do benefit from the front vent holes and are quite a bit lighter than some of the other cans offered in 7.62.
View Quote

Very nice. One of our SWAT operators was telling me they just got to demo a Daniel Defense SBR with the Huxwrx 5.56 and they were very impressed. I’m hoping we adopt it, right now we don’t have any suppressors. And I’d love to put it on my FBI clone.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

IMO
Pros
- Lightweight
- Lack of back pressure
- Didn't really notice any change in ejection

Cons
- Not really QD
- Doesn't come with wrench or tool
- Notably louder than RC2 and others in the market

No idea about POI shift on/off
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:

IMO
Pros
- Lightweight
- Lack of back pressure

Cons
- Not really QD

View Quote

I wouldn’t say that it was notably louder than an rc2 when I shot them next to each other. I had Amps on when I shot both.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 11:31:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Interesting, I appreciate the feedback. Our SWAT guys were very impressed with them, they’ll likely be getting them issued.

Command will probably be approving the Huxwrx and at least a couple others for general use. My decision will probably be between the Huxwrx or the SureFire RC2 Mini.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:07:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By rbutcher:

I wouldn’t say that it was notably louder than an rc2 when I shot them next to each other. I had Amps on when I shot both.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

IMO
Pros
- Lightweight
- Lack of back pressure

Cons
- Not really QD

It wasn't as noticeable to me behind the RC2 as it was to the guys standing beside both.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#15]

It wasn't as noticeable to me behind the RC2 as it was to the guys standing beside both.
View All Quotes

IMO
Pros
- Lightweight
- Lack of back pressure

Cons
- Not really QD

I suppose that is fair. A sandman k was also there, so everything sounded amazing compared to that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Are Geissele govt OD green charging handles being used now?
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Ironcross:
Are Geissele govt OD green charging handles being used now?
View Quote

Only black.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 8:46:26 PM EDT
[#18]
It’s still got some incorrect parts, obviously, but that was to keep it functioning. It’s getting there though.

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 8:55:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doolz] [#19]
I got some mixed answers in previous replies back in this thread but just hoping to cement a question...

The 10" MK4 fed rail won't allow enough clearance on a 10.5 bbl using a SF 4 prong unless 2/3 spacers are used, correct?

I tried to refer to @ducati650's post here but wanted to make sure before I abort the URG-I project and move over to this.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Old pic
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 10:39:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By doolz:
I got some mixed answers in previous replies back in this thread but just hoping to cement a question...

The 10" MK4 fed rail won't allow enough clearance on a 10.5 bbl using a SF 4 prong unless 2/3 spacers are used, correct?

I tried to refer to @ducati650's post here but wanted to make sure before I abort the URG-I project and move over to this.
View Quote

If the spacers that you are referring to are the thicker base shims for the Surefire muzzle device, then maybe you're in luck. If you were to use a closed tine Warcomp, then you would have no issues being able to mount a suppressor since the closed tine WC has a longer thread channel. The 3 prong Warcomp also has a slightly longer thread channel than the standard 3 or 4 prong flash hider. I went with the FCD A2 style Keymo mount since it is a little more forgiving on clearance and provides enough thread interface for the Keymo mount. The setup shown below has a 10.5 inch barrel and a 10 inch "G" Fed Rail.

Tano 10.5 by James H., on Flickr

This image is a 13.9 inch barrel with a BCM MCMR-13, in which the rail measure 13.4 inches at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions. I used 2 of the Surefire base shims and then the thinner shims required to time the Surefire closed tine flash hider. Not sure if this helps, but a little trial and error never hurts.
13.9 with BCM_3 by James H., on Flickr

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 11:51:54 PM EDT
[#22]

If the spacers that you are referring to are the thicker base shims for the Surefire muzzle device, then maybe you're in luck. If you were to use a closed tine Warcomp, then you would have no issues being able to mount a suppressor since the closed tine WC has a longer thread channel. The 3 prong Warcomp also has a slightly longer thread channel than the standard 3 or 4 prong flash hider. I went with the FCD A2 style Keymo mount since it is a little more forgiving on clearance and provides enough thread interface for the Keymo mount. The setup shown below has a 10.5 inch barrel and a 10 inch "G" Fed Rail.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52580963340_9973322e22_b.jpgTano 10.5 by James H., on Flickr

This image is a 13.9 inch barrel with a BCM MCMR-13, in which the rail measure 13.4 inches at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions. I used 2 of the Surefire base shims and then the thinner shims required to time the Surefire closed tine flash hider. Not sure if this helps, but a little trial and error never hurts.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52065079693_da59151046.jpg13.9 with BCM_3 by James H., on Flickr

View Quote

Very much appreciated. I have the 10" rail coming this week and will pick up the spacers/shims set and give it a whirl. From what I've seen and heard, there "shouldn't" be much issue with the thick base shims followed by your method for timing.

Fingers crossed and I'll throw some pictures up when its done.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#23]
I’ve been trying to find the lower 1/3 daniel defense mount that’s been discontinued, anyone on here able to point me in the right direction of one ?
Thanks !
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Cloudclone1:
I’ve been trying to find the lower 1/3 daniel defense mount that’s been discontinued, anyone on here able to point me in the right direction of one ?
Thanks !
View Quote

I snagged a used one from the EE for like $50 a while back. They are not a high demand item.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Cloudclone1:
Thanks !
View Quote

This one?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:04:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Just to chime in on the Huxwerx. I think they really represent where we'll see every duty type can at in the next 5 or so years. Backpressure is nonexistent, and on the one I shot (5.56 version) I had so much less gas to the face than with my Surefire. I imagine we'll find out there are a host of health problems associated with breathing large volumes of nitrocellulose, like one does when running a can on an AR.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Very nice. One of our SWAT operators was telling me they just got to demo a Daniel Defense SBR with the Huxwrx 5.56 and they were very impressed. I’m hoping we adopt it, right now we don’t have any suppressors. And I’d love to put it on my FBI clone.
View All Quotes

A bunch of teams around here use them as they are the new hawtness and they seem to like them. They are pricy though.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By jhon:

I snagged a used one from the EE for like $50 a while back. They are not a high demand item.
View Quote

Yeah looks like they don’t come up often though, I guess I’ll just use the hrt mount ! Thanks !
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#29]

This one?
View Quote

I can’t see it when I follow the link but the new generation is a two piece I was hoping to find the one piece version.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:57:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Slowly working on getting this one more clone correct, mainly tracking down the Mk4 rail.

Lower specs:
-Anderson Lower with Stag LPK and LT MBT and Magpul K2+ Grip
-Random buffer tube and spring with Spike’s ST-T2 buffer weight and B5 SOPMOD

Upper specs
-Aero Upper
-Aero 11.5” Gov’t Profile barrel with A2 (for now)
-Geissele OD Green 10.5” Mk8
-Magpul Vertical Grip
-AIM Surplus Nitrided BCG
-KAC micro irons
-EXPS2-0
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:49:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Nice rifle, but literally not one piece of it is clone correct.  Even with a MK4 Federal Rail, you're still like 95% off.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

How is it not a thing? From what I understand each field office has it's own SWAT team
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
Originally Posted By MO-6:
Agreed.  People keep saying “FBI Regional SWAT” which isn’t a thing.  So, in the thread title, what was supposed to be an abbreviation for Regional became Reg and is confusing.

How is it not a thing? From what I understand each field office has it's own SWAT team

Because there's not just Field Offices. There are resident agencies, which are smaller offices that are still housed under the leadership of the Field Office, which is also where the SWAT team is based out of, even if said SWAT team has agents at the RAs.

For example, Atlanta FO has 14 RAs. The "regional" SWAT team would be in ATL, but likely comprised of SWAT team members from the RAs and the FO.

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-offices/atlanta/about
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:38:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Deadsquiggles:
Slowly working on getting this one more clone correct, mainly tracking down the Mk4 rail.

https://i.ibb.co/7yx9Kqg/45-BDC7-D5-7-FC9-4-EE6-8-AE0-EED8072-C8-C4-A.jpg

Lower specs:

Upper specs
-Aero Upper
-Magpul Vertical Grip
-KAC micro irons
-EXPS2-0
View Quote

Are you trolling? There’s not a single part of your rifle that is clone correct.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 7:06:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#34]

Are you trolling? There’s not a single part of your rifle that is clone correct.
View All Quotes

https://i.ibb.co/7yx9Kqg/45-BDC7-D5-7-FC9-4-EE6-8-AE0-EED8072-C8-C4-A.jpg

Lower specs:

Upper specs
-Aero Upper
-Magpul Vertical Grip
-KAC micro irons
-EXPS2-0

I mean, he did say he was working on it.

We could encourage parts swapping in order to participate in this thread rather than just trashing his rifle.

@Deadsquiggles

Very few people in this thread have a correct barrel, so I wouldn’t worry too much about that. I think the EXPS3 is correct (I could be mistaken), if that’s the case the EXPS2 is close enough IMO.

A Magpul CTR, Troy M4 sights and a MK4 Federal rail will go a long way.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:07:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Deadsquiggles] [#35]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

We could encourage parts swapping in order to participate in this thread rather than just trashing his rifle.

@Deadsquiggles

Very few people in this thread have a correct barrel, so I wouldn’t worry too much about that. I think the EXPS3 is correct (I could be mistaken), if that’s the case the EXPS2 is close enough IMO.

View Quote

I appreciate it, but no worries on the trashing, it’s kinda to be expected when your rifle ain’t 100% in a clone thread. Originally I built it as an inspired by kinda thing but recently decided to go full clone and swap parts as my wallet allows. I was more so showing where I’m starting from, which I probably could’ve stated.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#36]

I appreciate it, but no worries on the trashing, it’s kinda to be expected when your rifle ain’t 100% in a clone thread. Originally I built it as an inspired by kinda thing but recently decided to go full clone and swap parts as my wallet allows. I was more so showing where I’m starting from, which I probably could’ve stated.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

@Deadsquiggles

Looking forward to seeing your progress. This thread had been a bit dead lately.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:44:39 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

That makes sense and I didn’t mean to come off like a dick, there’s been a few times in the thread where people are like “look at my clone” and it’s not even remotely close. A work in progress is understandable and can be fun to follow along to see the progress.

As mentioned, the rail and sights will go a long ways towards making it close to a clone.

I’m personally into this clone setup partly because I think it’s a cool clone but also because I think it’s a genuinely practical setup. I’d definitely encourage you to get the MK4 Federal rail, as I find it to be a great rail. I have zero complaints with it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 2:05:45 PM EDT
[#38]

That makes sense and I didn’t mean to come off like a dick, there’s been a few times in the thread where people are like “look at my clone” and it’s not even remotely close. A work in progress is understandable and can be fun to follow along to see the progress.

As mentioned, the rail and sights will go a long ways towards making it close to a clone.

I’m personally into this clone setup partly because I think it’s a cool clone but also because I think it’s a genuinely practical setup. I’d definitely encourage you to get the MK4 Federal rail, as I find it to be a great rail. I have zero complaints with it.
View Quote

No worries, man. I definitely get it.

And that last part of your post (bolded) is so true. I was so close to pulling the trigger on one on Geissele’s website last night since they have the green Mk4 Fed in stock, but at $400, I’m gonna try waiting to see if some blems pop up on there soon. I’d love to have it cause I’m fond of the OG Magpul AFG and mounting that on Mlok is a pain.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 2:06:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bubbagump7272] [#39]
Null
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 2:13:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bubbagump7272] [#40]
Originally Posted By elucidate:
Here is mine, finished.

It is a clone of an issued rifle. The differences real vs this are:

Real one is ex-crane full-auto.
Real one has the older Spur mount with an H1, I will move mine over to Spur when I find one, but will retain the T2 because NODS.
Real one has Geissele SSF trigger

Setup is

Colt rollmarked M4 lower
Geissle SSA
All colt parts (brownells sourced)
RRA Grip, this is the one made for RRA by hogue, they were often moved over from the agents prior RRA guns
Colt buffer tube, Magpul CTR
Geissele aluminum trigger guard
Magpul QD endplate

Colt Upper
Geissele Fed rail
Colt factory 11.5" commando barrel
Geissele gas block with 0.70 port
Colt BCG
Geissele Gov charging handle

Daniel Defense mount with spacer
Troy Sights
Surefire dual switch
PEQ15 high power
FAB defense grip
Thenar attachment
VTAC Sling
Arisaka Surefire mount
Surefire Light
Magpul MLOK panels

As stated, this is a clone of a real rifle so some of the exact set-up is to exactly mimic this rifle, as opposed to being a generic copy of a generic rifle.

https://i.imgur.com/tP7Ywt4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UN3xXJi.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5QCGyTZ.jpg
View Quote

This setup will destroy the head of the light when you lock down the Arisaka mount to the rail, how did you do it and still be able to properly seat the Arisaka mount to the rail?
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:32:12 AM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 3:17:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stormhammer] [#42]
This is in no way clone accurate, but my build has been 110% inspired by this thread. I just really like anodized OD Green

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 3:45:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By stormhammer:
This is in no way clone accurate, but my build has been 110% inspired by this thread. I just really like anodized OD Green

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/570439/353901449_283508240795621_90135536072958-2860398.jpg
View Quote
Looks good!
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
Looks good!
View Quote

DAMN!! That is green alright! It looks good, job well done.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 11:56:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stormhammer] [#45]

DAMN!! That is green alright! It looks good, job well done.
View Quote

Thank you! What's funny is I didn't realize the handguard I had till I was going back trhough this thread and was like "hold up" - I just decided to pickup an upper/lower and a handguard that my LGS had on display when I picked up my 14.7.

There's more incoming - I have a a moss green modlight on my other ODG Geiselle 14.7 P&W rifle that I've thought about swapping over. Also anodized true north afg/hand stops. Then other an ODG CTR riser or swap the CTR for a ODG STR - B5 grip. I know there's a ODG/RG cordura wrap for the Romeo 4H.

I also have the ODG duramags too but for the sake of the photo tried to keep it a little more HRT like.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#46]
@stormhammer

you need to post that here
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 10:16:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jmh556] [#47]

Thank you! What's funny is I didn't realize the handguard I had till I was going back trhough this thread and was like "hold up" - I just decided to pickup an upper/lower and a handguard that my LGS had on display when I picked up my 14.7.

There's more incoming - I have a a moss green modlight on my other ODG Geiselle 14.7 P&W rifle that I've thought about swapping over. Also anodized true north afg/hand stops. Then other an ODG CTR riser or swap the CTR for a ODG STR - B5 grip. I know there's a ODG/RG cordura wrap for the Romeo 4H.

I also have the ODG duramags too but for the sake of the photo tried to keep it a little more HRT like.
View Quote

I do like your rifle, what suppressor are you running on it? Your muzzle device looks like a Dead Air Xeno mount. I would like to see your other "greenodized' stuff as well.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 1:53:54 AM EDT
[#48]

I do like your rifle, what suppressor are you running on it? Your muzzle device looks like a Dead Air Xeno mount. I would like to see your other "greenodized' stuff as well.
View Quote

So I haven't picked up a suppressor yet, but you have a great eye - it is a Dead Air Xeno mount. I'll be going through the process here in the next week or so. I do have some ODG topogographic etc duramags as well

I have an ADM mount coming in since the the LPVO is 34mm and I only have 30mm.

I also just added True North foregrips

Link Posted: 6/26/2023 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#49]

So I haven't picked up a suppressor yet, but you have a great eye - it is a Dead Air Xeno mount. I'll be going through the process here in the next week or so. I do have some ODG topogographic etc duramags as well

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/570439/353941018_814881719987852_61655366949412-2864018.jpg

I have an ADM mount coming in since the the LPVO is 34mm and I only have 30mm.

I also just added True North foregrips

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/570439/353660927_1070741763890010_1299421493340-2864019.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/570439/353826439_680411793927133_55403317598279-2864020.jpg

View Quote

Both of those rifles are nice setups.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 12:02:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Deadsquiggles] [#50]
Finally grabbed a black Federal Mk4. Geissele has black blems for $187, no blems in other colors, although the non blem Fed Mk4s are on sale, too.

Link for those in need
Mk4’s on Geissele’s Site
Page / 87
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top