AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 87
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bikencycle:
https://i.imgur.com/9jYpMEt.jpg
View Quote

The gray looks pretty sharp. I would have loved to do a gray or green build, but my agency only allows black rifles so I built mine as an individual officer clone.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 5:19:33 PM EDT
[#2]
If anyone is looking for an FBI URG, I just posted one up in the EE. Also, I am new to this whole Arfcom thing, not sure how to post a photo. It asks me for a link.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 12:41:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Pinkman_83:
If anyone is looking for an FBI URG, I just posted one up in the EE. Also, I am new to this whole Arfcom thing, not sure how to post a photo. It asks me for a link.
View Quote

Open and IMGUR account, upload the image, click on it and select the correct tag and paste it into the post

It would literally take less then 5 minutes to do all of that
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 12:53:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Pinkman_83:
View Quote

Not to be rude, but when you have only 2 posts (1 trying to sell the item, another trying to advertise it in a tech thread), no EE feedback, and no photos, the odds of anyone wanting to do business with you are pretty slim.

Back on topic, I need to take my FBI clone out again soon. I only have a couple hundred rounds through it, I’d like to run at least 300 rounds the next range trip.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for the guidance, here are the photos.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:25:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi, all.

Some nice stuff in here but I thought I’d contribute some info….

The SWAT teams are just referred to as “field SWAT” teams, not regional teams. Usually referred to by their field office…. FBI Atlanta SWAT, FBI Dallas SWAT, etc.

There are SWAT program weapons, regular Agent weapons, etc.

When the guns are put together in Quantico, there’s a pretty standard recipe of parts. All the regular Agent guns come out the same and, for the most part, stay that way.  The SWAT carbines though, show a lot more variation once they get to a team. Individual team members have some discretion on how to set the gun up as long as the modification doesn’t affect the operation or ballistic properties of the weapon.  So, you’ll see all kinds of different grips, forward grips, lights, lasers, slings, sling attachments, various red dot sights, Eotechs, scopes, whatever.

Looks like some folks have a very rigid idea of what is/isn’t “clone correct.”  There’s so much out there it would be hard to say “never” or “always” when talking about these guns.  The only thing really set in stone, so to speak, is an 11.5” barrel (not always Colt’s), Geissele rail, flat top upper, and standard Govt type BCG with an H buffer and standard spring, as far as I know….

Restricted port gas block…???  What…?

Anyway, Happy New Year!
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I am wanting to do a non-sbr FBI inspired build.  Parts would be clone correct except for barrel length and muzzle device.

What do you think would be more in line with the character of the original:

A 13.9" barrel with Surefire warcomp 3 prong or.

A 14.5" barrel with extended A2 flash hider?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 12:06:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RuKuS:
I am wanting to do a non-sbr FBI inspired build.  Parts would be clone correct except for barrel length and muzzle device.

Thanks
View Quote

My personal choice of the two options would be the first one.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 2:08:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Thanks
View Quote

Do a close tine SF or their A2 styled mount
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks

That’s a good idea, that would probably look really nice.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AZgunner:

View All Quotes

Thanks

I prefer the closed tine as well, but those will not bring a 13.9 to non sbr length when pin and welded.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

Thanks

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Thanks
View Quote

Not quite the same but a 16” rifle already exists for the FBI for IAP.

FBI Carbine

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:48:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: huey_crew_chief] [#14]
Has anyone ever heard or seen use of the Sig Romeo 4T in use?
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 4:09:20 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes

Thanks

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/153104/20221229_130731_jpg-2672394.JPG

I went closed tine so I can run my RC2 suppressor.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By huey_crew_chief:
Has anyone ever heard or seen use of the Sig Romeo 4T in use?
View Quote

IDK about FBI use, but there’s always Obi Wan Nairobi

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 5:34:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tortilla-flats] [#17]
Put up my clone upper in the EE. Decided to go a different route with my SBR.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#18]
They are in use, but the ones they are using do not have the solar panel.  I believe they have not released to the public yet.  They are called the Romeo 4T Pro.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:38:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RWA007] [#19]
I'm likely going to go ahead and SBR my clone.   The  vertical fore grip that I want once that happens is a BCM GUnfighter Mod3 vert grip, in ODG of course.  (I like the slight angle)...but curiously haven't been able to find it in that color.  2nd choice would be the Magpul RVG, but I'd rather have the BCM. Do they make it in ODG?
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By RWA007:
I'm likely going to go ahead and SBR my clone.   The  vertical fore grip that I want once that happens is a BCM GUnfighter Mod3 vert grip, in ODG of course.  (I like the slight angle)...but curiously haven't been able to find it in that color.  2nd choice would be the Magpul RVG, but I'd rather have the BCM. Do they make it in ODG?
View Quote

I thought they did, but looking on their website I’m only seeing black and FDE.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:09:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Humminbird77] [#21]
Sold the Aimpoint M4 and got the Aimpoint H2 instead with the proper DD mount. Still running the wrong stock and grip, just happen to like these better. The light is a Surefire M2 with Malkoff drop-in. I have it mounted on the M-LOK just because that is what I have on my other rifles. Here it is not optimal, maybe sometime later I will replace it with a Surefire M600.

EDIT: Again trouble embedding, sorry
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:33:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TnG27] [#22]
Taken a couple of months ago.  Field office swat team members.

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:00:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By TnG27:
Taken a couple of months ago.  Regional swat team members.

https://imgur.com/HEmrqub.jpg
View Quote

Is this guy not packing an Aimpoint H-2 or H-1. The T-1&2’s have the Aimpoint logo blackened out and not white.

So how is he running Ir Lasers and night vision with an optic that isn’t night vision capable?

Are they running passive or active aiming?

I guess where they are pretty much us only and not military they may not hav to worry about pier on pier engagement. So they can use only ir lasers and not worry about aiming through nods and night vision capable optics ?  

Anyone know?
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By countrygunner:

Is this guy not packing an Aimpoint H-2 or H-1. The T-1&2’s have the Aimpoint logo blackened out and not white.

So how is he running Ir Lasers and night vision with an optic that isn’t night vision capable?

I guess where they are pretty much us only and not military they may not hav to worry about pier on pier engagement. So they can use only ir lasers and not worry about aiming through nods and night vision capable optics ?  

Anyone know?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TnG27:
Taken a couple of months ago.  Regional swat team members.

https://imgur.com/HEmrqub.jpg

Anyone know?

You are correct, looks like an H2 (can see the raised sides covering the turret.  Can’t speak to why they run IR lasers with a non NV capable Aimpoint.  Only thing I can think is maybe the IR/NV capability was procured more recently for those teams and they already had the H2’s in inventory.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 3:29:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I believe they're using AN/PEQ-15's with a visible laser as well as IR.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I ordered a black Geissele government charging handle last night, I’m really excited for it.

And tomorrow morning, I’m shooting our qualification course with my FBI clone, then I’ll be carrying it on duty. I’ll have to take a few new photos of it, maybe have my wife use her fancy camera.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 6:00:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: imdBman] [#27]

Anyone know?
View Quote

I retired from Mil in 2017.  I was not tier 1 but maybe 2.5-3😁.  We never trained night shooting through the optic. We tried with PVS-7 B/D.   I ran the Comp M2 and the Elcan 1-4 .  Others had ACOGs too.  All of our night shooting was trained with the PAQ-4 and then the PEQ-15 IR lasers.  Not saying what they do, but just giving my NVD/weapon/ laser use was until 2017.
ETA.  We transitioned to updated NVDs around 2010.  PVS 13? I think. Can't remember.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:47:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By MO-6:
Hi, all.

Some nice stuff in here but I thought I’d contribute some info….

The SWAT teams are just referred to as “field SWAT” teams, not regional teams. Usually referred to by their field office…. FBI Atlanta SWAT, FBI Dallas SWAT, etc.

There are SWAT program weapons, regular Agent weapons, etc.

When the guns are put together in Quantico, there’s a pretty standard recipe of parts. All the regular Agent guns come out the same and, for the most part, stay that way.  The SWAT carbines though, show a lot more variation once they get to a team. Individual team members have some discretion on how to set the gun up as long as the modification doesn’t affect the operation or ballistic properties of the weapon.  So, you’ll see all kinds of different grips, forward grips, lights, lasers, slings, sling attachments, various red dot sights, Eotechs, scopes, whatever.

Looks like some folks have a very rigid idea of what is/isn’t “clone correct.”  There’s so much out there it would be hard to say “never” or “always” when talking about these guns.  The only thing really set in stone, so to speak, is an 11.5” barrel (not always Colt’s), Geissele rail, flat top upper, and standard Govt type BCG with an H buffer and standard spring, as far as I know….

Restricted port gas block…???  What…?

Anyway, Happy New Year!
View Quote

Lol I posted my rifle in this thread that I actually use/used on an active SWAT team and was told this wasn’t the place for it. Cloners are a weird bunch
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:58:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Kiltakaze:

Lol I posted my rifle in this thread that I actually use/used on an active SWAT team and was told this wasn’t the place for it. Cloners are a weird bunch
View Quote

Well, it’s for clones of the FBI SWAT rifle. I suppose the thread title may make that slightly confusing, but it’s a specific clone build.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 5:45:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kiltakaze] [#30]

Well, it’s for clones of the FBI SWAT rifle. I suppose the thread title may make that slightly confusing, but it’s a specific clone build.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kiltakaze:

With how the slashes are utilized, it is confusing and says “reg swat” which I read as regular swat. No harm no foul, just struck me as very odd and LARPer ish
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Agreed.  People keep saying “FBI Regional SWAT” which isn’t a thing.  So, in the thread title, what was supposed to be an abbreviation for Regional became Reg and is confusing.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 11:39:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#32]
Agreed.  People keep saying “FBI Regional SWAT” which isn’t a thing.  So, in the thread title, what was supposed to be an abbreviation for Regional became Reg and is confusing.
View Quote

How is it not a thing? From what I understand each field office has it's own SWAT team
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#33]
You’re right, each field office has its own team, but we don’t refer to them as regional SWAT. It’s the field SWAT program and the teams are “whatever field office SWAT.”
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#34]
In process of FBI SBR Build.  Have almost everything at this point except laser (also picking up my first NVG setup today, woohoo!).  

Leaning towards Steiner DBAL A3, which at civilian power level people say is tiny bit better than civvy PEQ 15.  And it looks kinda cool, which is half the battle.

Looked at a lot of photos, and I cannot tell by looking what is the best/most common way the pressure pad is attached to the rail for Steiner DBAL A3.  I know Magpul and Cloud Defensive both make a little mount you can get, but I don't see that on the issue ones.  Are they just zip tied?  Are they using those Streamlight remote retaining clips on MLOK or PIC rails?

Also it seems odd many of the setups have the pressure pad in front of laser.  I realize this reduces front loading of weight, but wouldn't grip hands get in way of illuminator?  Or are these guys that don't use or care about illuminator/laser but are required to have it on gun?  Or do they just do constant on/off on a TAPs set up?  

Any assistance or insight is welcome.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 1:53:53 PM EDT
[#35]
There’s no standard or required arrangement. Just put your laser and switch/pad where they work for you.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 2:22:48 PM EDT
[#36]

Thanks
View Quote

On another forum, they detailed 16" DMR type uppers. A 13" Geissele, 16" Geissele pencil, usually a Vortex 1-6. Maybe try building one of those?
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 2:36:44 PM EDT
[#37]
There’s no standard or required arrangement. Just put your laser and switch/pad where they work for you.
View Quote

You mentioned the use of the new Sig 4xtpro.  Is there any user feedback on it?  Looks like a great little optic.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Thank you.  I understand that as far as location, but how does it attach at all.  Adhesive?  Zip ties? A bracket of some kind, like the Magpul or Cloud Defense one?
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#39]
I like the Aimpoints better than the Sig optics.

Either attach stuff via the pic rail or use zip ties, adhesive backed Velcro, or whatever the Team has/buys.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 4:22:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BobaDebt] [#40]
Geissele has the MK 4 Federal Raisl on sale in the blem section of thier site

https://geissele.com/10-quot-super-modular-rail-mk4-federal-m-lokr-ddc-blem.html

https://geissele.com/10-quot-super-modular-rail-mk4-federal-m-lokr-black-blem.html
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyone know the spec or brand barrel the fbi used for testing the Black Hills 201gr .300 blackout ammo?
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#42]
They use a lot of Adams stuff up there. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what it was.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 5:53:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jhon] [#43]

The only incorrect part is the Surefire closed tine I'll go to an A2 if it's too gassy with my RC2 whenever it's released from NFA jail.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#44]
If I could get a damn Imgur account to work, I’d post some pics of real FBI guns for you all.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#45]
If I could get a damn Imgur account to work, I’d post some pics of real FBI guns for you all.
View Quote

That would be great, I’m always interested in more photos of what’s being used in the field.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 6:28:36 PM EDT
[#46]
If this website would allow photos to be uploaded directly from my phone, I’d have done it a long time ago.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#47]
If this website would allow photos to be uploaded directly from my phone, I’d have done it a long time ago.
View Quote

I would be happy to repost some pictures for you. Feel free to email me.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#48]
If this website would allow photos to be uploaded directly from my phone, I'd have done it a long time ago.
View Quote
I think you need to be a paying member to post photos directly from your phone.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm legit surprised they run the inforce WML. I know the gov issued inforce products before, but the WML has been nothing but shit for me. Strobing out, or just not functioning.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By bltsammich16:
I'm legit surprised they run the inforce WML. I know the gov issued inforce products before, but the WML has been nothing but shit for me. Strobing out, or just not functioning.
View Quote

I haven’t had any issues with mine, but I haven’t used it much yet. If it breaks, I’ll be replacing it with a Streamlight or SureFire.
Page / 87
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top