User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 87
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
So a normal Geissele Block would be ok by itself?
View Quote

I think that’s what most people are using
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
For those with both Gen 1 & 2 MK4 Fed Rails.

Which would you prefer to a clone build?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I prefer the first gen w/ the shorter bottom rail + laser engraving on both sides and MLOK logo.

And second gens I’ve gotten feel chalky.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#4]
In ODG I believe the Gen1 is the more accurate if the two. I have not seen an in the wild pic of an actual SWAT rifle with a Gen2
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#5]
So a normal Geissele Block would be ok by itself?
View Quote

I used a BRT insert.  .067" IIRC.  I installed it in the gas block myself, it's easy to do if you can use a tap.  I've dealt with BRT several times and never had anything but positive experiences.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 4:07:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Hi everyone!
I want to ask for help. Maybe someone knows if the FBI SWAT uses a suppressor?
If so, which one? Kac or Surefire? Maybe a product from another manufacturer?
Thank you very much in advance!
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:39:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HKocher] [#7]
…..
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 12:17:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By HKocher:

Not yet. They are currently testing a couple for future use.
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Muzap:

I used a BRT insert.  .067" IIRC.  I installed it in the gas block myself, it's easy to do if you can use a tap.  I've dealt with BRT several times and never had anything but positive experiences.
View Quote

I believe that to get a .067 gas port, you need a .065 BRT insert. That’s what I did. The gas tubes may be the opposite.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:
I prefer the first gen w/ the shorter bottom rail + laser engraving on both sides and MLOK logo.

And second gens I’ve gotten feel chalky.
View Quote

My black GEN2 feels the same way, also looks like it too at least in pictures, though it is a tad on the light shade side in person
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Gray build in motion. Still need to Form 1 the lower below:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123535/BD98FDF7-5A7D-4D26-B272-344EDC77132D_jpe-1888911.JPG

Not sure if I’m gonna stick w/ the titanium parts. I’d done this lower to be kinda Gucci-ish after doing clones for so long. Might be a bit over the top and gaudy for the gray fed.
View Quote

Are those Ti parts from V7 ?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:54:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C6H12O6] [#12]
Originally Posted By 69206933:

Are those Ti parts from V7 ?
View Quote

@69206933

PM sent
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:27:47 AM EDT
[#13]
With the Sig Romeo 4M discontinued, has there been a new optic chosen to replace it besides Aimpoint T/H series?

(Wish I’d kept my 4M I got cheap a couple years ago)
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Getting my FSB shaved at ADCO and wanted to know how hard is it to re install it on the HRT Heavy barrel.  I have the tapered pins.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:39:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By dms888:
Getting my FSB shaved at ADCO and wanted to know how hard is it to re install it on the HRT Heavy barrel.  I have the tapered pins.  Thanks.
View Quote

It’s not hard at all. Put a little oil on the barrel and inside the FSB, slide it on, eyeball the taper pin holes and insert the pins smaller side first. For a Colt FSB the pin should go in from right to left when reassembling. Tap in the pins w/ a punch & hammer.

Blocks like the Brownells piece shown below or one from Wheeler make FSB stuff a bit easier. It just sucks when the pin mushrooms.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#16]
What light switch setup is good to go ?
I’m running a surefire scout with tape switch zip tied.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:23:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: xoran] [#18]
Finally was able to track down the parts for a rather faithful Regional SWAT clone. However, I added a couple of my own touches. Namely the IWC Thorntail mount for the WML since i like the placement of controls for me, as well as the IWC offset QD mount. I never like using the built in QD mounts on aluminum rails with steel QD swivels.

The other “swap” is using a LaRue LT 660 mount for the Aimpoint T2.

Everything else is pretty faithful and built around a Colt 11.5 barrel (Non FBI HRT profile) and a Colt cage code upper, BCG and Geissele Government Charging Handle.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By xoran:
Finally was able to track down the parts for a rather faithful Regional SWAT clone. However, I added a couple of my own touches. Namely the IWC Thorntail mount for the WML since i like the placement of controls for me, as well as the IWC offset QD mount. I never like using the built in QD mounts on aluminum rails with steel QD swivels.

The other “swap” is using a LaRue LT 660 mount for the Aimpoint T2.

Everything else is pretty faithful and built around a Colt 11.5 barrel (Non FBI HRT profile) and a Colt cage code upper, BCG and Geissele Government Charging Handle.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/421704/F8344382-AE4F-4F51-BC05-5BF0FE1B2AE5_jpe-1910437.JPG
View Quote

Looks great. Nicely done
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok guys, today, 4PM a big batch of ODG 10” MK4 fed rails AND ODG 13.5 MK16 rails are going to go up!!!  It's 1st come first served on the webstore for them to keep this fair.  Good luck!!!

-GACS
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/OD-Federal-MK4-Availabilty-/444-297146/?page=2&anc=3906670#i3906670
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:47:47 PM EDT
[#21]
For the teams using surefire cans, did we figure out which mount they use?
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By ThRob:
For the teams using surefire cans, did we figure out which mount they use?
View Quote

From the pics on page 1 it shows 3 prong on a few. I went with the SFCT because you will not see it anyway and looks close to a standard birdcage without the can.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Bhavin22:

From the pics on page 1 it shows 3 prong on a few. I went with the SFCT because you will not see it anyway and looks close to a standard birdcage without the can.
View Quote

Me too
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm all for cloning or near cloning, but is the inforce light worth getting? I heard they have horrible reliability
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By LP610:
I'm all for cloning or near cloning, but is the inforce light worth getting? I heard they have horrible reliability
View Quote

If you are that worried get the SureFire
For me it’s not my main home defense setup so I don’t care to much and got the inforce. I’m also not overly rough with this setup so there’s that also.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 5:27:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Make_Mine_Moxie] [#26]
View Quote
At my last assignment (Air Force), we were issued Inforce white/IR lights on our M4s. Small sample size (about 12 guys in the unit), but they worked fine for the 2 or 3 deployments before I PCSd. I thought the plastic housing would be fragile, but it held up.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:13:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HKocher] [#27]
…..
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

A couple agencies local to me issue and use them, haven't heard anything negative from them. They're approved by my agency, but I'll be the first guy running one. I'll see how it holds up. If I don't like it, I'll get a Surefire.

If there's anything that's true, it's that cops and soldiers can break anything. A lot of people love Streamlight, but we've broken the shit out of TLR1s at my agency.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:54:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HKocher] [#29]
…..
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#30]

My issued Inforce shit the bed in a single training session. Another teammate had the same result. Almost every other teammate has switched to SF scouts after their inforce lights have broken.

Don’t waste your time, or you’ll have no light when you need one most.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZgunner:

A couple agencies local to me issue and use them, haven't heard anything negative from them. They're approved by my agency, but I'll be the first guy running one. I'll see how it holds up. If I don't like it, I'll get a Surefire.

If there's anything that's true, it's that cops and soldiers can break anything. A lot of people love Streamlight, but we've broken the shit out of TLR1s at my agency.

My issued Inforce shit the bed in a single training session. Another teammate had the same result. Almost every other teammate has switched to SF scouts after their inforce lights have broken.

Don’t waste your time, or you’ll have no light when you need one most.

Good to know. I'll be running it through a few training sessions before I deploy it on a work rifle.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Which Surefire lights are y'all running?  Or I guess I should ask, which is the most appropriate model for a clone?
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 6:43:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tactical_dude] [#32]
Originally Posted By Log:
Which Surefire lights are y'all running?  Or I guess I should ask, which is the most appropriate model for a clone?
View Quote

Surefire M300C
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone know what page the parts list for the HRT rifle is on? I heard they don't use ODG rails anymore, is this true?
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ROFLBBQLOLZ:
Anyone know what page the parts list for the HRT rifle is on? I heard they don't use ODG rails anymore, is this true?
View Quote

The original post has a bunch of info on it. ODG has always been for regional SWAT and HRT uses DDC.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Crap my bad, I didn't open up the first post with all the updates. I've been seeing a lot of people posting HRT clones with is green rails, it looks cool but technically not clone correct I guess. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 2:53:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Heads up guys

Geissele has the grey & ODG Fed Rails in stock
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:24:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Inforce lights break where the heads screw into the bodies. It doesn't take much: banging off a door frame or getting out a vehicle fast will do it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:42:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Crap my bad, I didn't open up the first post with all the updates. I've been seeing a lot of people posting HRT clones with is green rails, it looks cool but technically not clone correct I guess. Thanks!
View Quote

No problem, a shit ton of guys did clones that basically mix the two, using the HRT barrel with the ODG rail. When in reality, it should be HRT Barrel/DDC Rail or 6933 Barrel/ODG Rail.

I pounced on a stripped 6933 barrel while they were in stock and am glad I did.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By AZgunner:

No problem, a shit ton of guys did clones that basically mix the two, using the HRT barrel with the ODG rail. When in reality, it should be HRT Barrel/DDC Rail or 6933 Barrel/ODG Rail.

I pounced on a stripped 6933 barrel while they were in stock and am glad I did.
View Quote

I see they're in stock on a few websites but they have the FSB. What gas block did you go with?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#40]

I see they're in stock on a few websites but they have the FSB. What gas block did you go with?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:46:05 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123535/983C7264-D843-4F9F-AEDA-3A55EF36CD56_jpe-1922158.JPG

Yep, exactly.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 4:02:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA-Minuteman] [#42]
More Grey & OD rails in stock at Giessele
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:04:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dms888] [#43]
Heads up just posted up in the EE my Colt HRT/FBI Heavy 11.5” with ADCO shaved FSB, NEW,  

Appreciate it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm not sure I saw it mentioned, but besides the different color rail, heavy barrel and the Spuhr mount; HRT rifles are the same as regional teams right? Or do they have different color furniture? Irons? etc?
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:34:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By EMSintraining:
I'm not sure I saw it mentioned, but besides the different color rail, heavy barrel and the Spuhr mount; HRT rifles are the same as regional teams right? Or do they have different color furniture? Irons? etc?
View Quote

HRT uses FDE stocks, as far as I can tell all grips are black.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 2:57:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By EMSintraining:
View Quote

I'm pretty sure they have a lot of flexibility. Like a lot. Painted guns, stock selection, etc.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:33:47 PM EDT
[#47]
More Grey & OD rails in stock at Giessele
View Quote

Snagged a grey one, gonna do one of the maxim stocks for one of the 'vehicle teams.'
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By doyouquaxu:

Snagged a grey one, gonna do one of the maxim stocks for one of the 'vehicle teams.'
View Quote

Good luck finding a CQB HRT stock

Maybe e-mail/send a message to Maxim requesting they make more HRTs. If enough of us ask maybe they will again.

My stamp just came in yesterday. Need to tighten up all the parts....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#49]

Good luck finding a CQB HRT stock

Maybe e-mail/send a message to Maxim requesting they make more HRTs. If enough of us ask maybe they will again.

View Quote

Already did at the beginning of April and posted their response in here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:11:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EMSintraining] [#50]
Another HRT question. I've got a Spuhr mount, screws appear to have blue threadlocker already applied, but T2s have helicoils which don't play nice with thread locker. Any chance the blue stuff is something else other than thread locker or do I need to clean this stuff off before putting the mount on? Or maybe it's vibratite which supposedly works alright with helicoils?
Page / 87
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top