User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 87
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 2:52:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

Yeah, Im torn.  Either way its going to get a unity mount, so Im not sure how to go about this.  The colt would be the more accurate route, but with the deviation I'll have either way....

ETA:  mocked up the colt barrel.  Only problem is it was a FSB model:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6045/3FDC1619-65F3-44B5-93B5-756C9C3193FC_jpe-1820272.JPG

I can hit it with some cold blue to darken it, but it will absolutely be visible.  Pet peeve I suppose.  Not a huge deal, and I have a G block I can set screw in place, which apparently is accurate.
View Quote

Doesnt look too bad, never even done anything with mine.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:18:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MeanGun] [#2]
A few things in regards to Regional Swat rifles.....

There a few things I understand to be unquestionable as its been proven by either agents sharing info and pics or per spec,

Reginal SWAT Upper:
-COLT: Upper, BCG, 6933 Barrel, SS Gas Tube
-Charging Handle: Colt or RRA Mil spec or Geissele Government CH in Black
-Geissele: ODG Federal Rail, Stainless Gas Block
-Flash Hiders: A2
-BUIS: TROY or Magpul (the plastic ones)
-Primary Sights: Aimpoint T1, T2, H1, H2, Eotech EXPS and G33, Sig Romeo
-Mounts for Aimpoints: SPHUR HRT or Daniel Defense
-Forward Grip: Magpul AFG in green, "that israeli made one" in black
-Light: Surefire Scout or Inforce WML Gen2 in black

Reginal SWAT Lower:
-Colt or RRA
-Safety, mag release, bolt catch, takedown pins, all standard mil spec Colt or RRA lower parts kit pieces
-Trigger Guard: Standard Mil Spec or aluminum magpul enhanced in black
-Trigger: mil spec Colt, RRA or Geissele SSA
-Receiver extension: black 4 position milspec Colt or RRA
-End Plate: Standard Milspec or Magpul ASAP QD
-Carbine buffer spring and H1 or H2 buffer
-Stock: Magpul CTR in green or M4 mil spec
-Grip: Ergo, A2 or Houge non beaver tail EITHER OF THESE ONLY IN BLACK

If there are any other verified options other than what I have listed above or if any of what I have been lead to believe in untrue, can someone please correct me.
Also, from a "Clone" standpoint, if ANY of the parts are deviated from..... that automatically disqualifies the gun as a clone and it becomes an "inspired by" build, correct?

Sorry if this all sounds silly but I'm just trying to make sure I have all my info correct before I move forward with what I'm doing. Thanks in advance for all the help and information you guys provide.

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:20:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#3]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
Screenshot?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
Screenshot?

I'm not sure how Ahab pulled it off, but when I tried to take a screenshot, it just posted as a solid black image in Photoshop and MS Paint, so clearly they're getting smarter about protecting streaming video content. Looks like an interesting episode, I'll have to watch the whole thing when I have time.

Originally Posted By MeanGun:
If there are any other verified options other than what I have listed above or if any of what I have been lead to believe in untrue, can someone please correct me.

Good summary. I think the only thing you're missing under the upper is:

Charging Handle: Colt or RRA MILSPEC, black Geissele Government CH

I assume the RRA CH is one of the options, along with the other RRA components, but I'm not sure anyone could tell the difference from a Colt CH.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#4]

There a few things I understand to be unquestionable as its been proven by either agents sharing info and pics or per spec,

Reginal SWAT Upper:
-COLT: Upper, BCG, 6933 Barrel, SS Gas Tube, Charging Handle
-Light: Surefire Scout in black

Reginal SWAT Lower:
-Colt or RRA
-Safety, mag release, bolt catch, takedown pins, all standard mil spec Colt or RRA lower parts kit pieces

Also, from a "Clone" standpoint, if ANY of the parts are deviated from..... that automatically disqualifies the gun as a clone and it becomes an "inspired by" build, correct?

Sorry if this all sounds silly but I'm just trying to make sure I have all my info correct before I move forward with what I'm doing. Thanks in advance for all the help and information you guys provide.

View Quote

The Inforce WML Gen2 lights are also utilized and seen on many of the real life rifles in this thread.

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, guys!

I will add both to the summary right now
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Reginal SWAT Upper:

Reginal SWAT Lower:
-Colt or RRA

View Quote

Think Magpul pros are now being used on newer rifles
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Yeah, Im torn.  Either way its going to get a unity mount, so Im not sure how to go about this.  The colt would be the more accurate route, but with the deviation I'll have either way....

ETA:  mocked up the colt barrel.  Only problem is it was a FSB model:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6045/3FDC1619-65F3-44B5-93B5-756C9C3193FC_jpe-1820272.JPG

I can hit it with some cold blue to darken it, but it will absolutely be visible.  Pet peeve I suppose.  Not a huge deal, and I have a G block I can set screw in place, which apparently is accurate.
View Quote

You are way over thinking it. Just slap either one on it and shoot the snot out of it as ammo becomes available
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 12:23:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Bhavin22:

Think Magpul pros are now being used on newer rifles
View Quote
They are, they are being slowly rolled out
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow almost 2 days w/o a post, ugh.

Anyone heard anything on black or gray Fed rail availability? I’d love a gray or black to go with my OG ODG & my recent DDC.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 10:36:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:
Wow almost 2 days w/o a post, ugh.

Anyone heard anything on black or gray Fed rail availability? I’d love a gray or black to go with my OG ODG & my recent DDC.
View Quote

Winter, no ammo, and G not making rails
So quiet times my friend
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:20:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Reginal SWAT Upper:

Reginal SWAT Lower:
-Colt or RRA

View Quote

I’m guessing you have a MK18 clone... Nice list!
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:38:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Snow pics

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I like it
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Reginal SWAT Upper:

Reginal SWAT Lower:
-Colt or RRA

View Quote

I believe the DEA rifles shipped with the RRA 2 stage trigger, and since the FBI RRA's were piggybacked off that contract I imagine they also could have those (pure supposition on my part, I've never broken down an FBI rifle). Earlier in the thread I posted several photos showing the legacy Troy railed carbines with Grip Pod foregrips and one with a BE Meyers M249F muzzle device, so those are "in the system" and could potentially be kosher for a later Geissele railed carbine depending on how lenient the Clone Lords are feeling. Otherwise, list looks good to me.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone have a lead on a new Colt carbine buffer spring? My rifle I'm rebuilding into an FBI clone obviously already has one, but it has seen a lot of rounds. I suppose I could always go with a Sprinco white buffer spring, but it would be nice to keep everything Colt.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AZgunner:
Anyone have a lead on a new Colt carbine buffer spring? My rifle I'm rebuilding into an FBI clone obviously already has one, but it has seen a lot of rounds. I suppose I could always go with a Sprinco white buffer spring, but it would be nice to keep everything Colt.
View Quote

Honestly any big name companies spring would be fine. I really wouldn’t consider any new production colt Parts as good as the older stuff.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 6:40:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tactical_dude] [#17]
View Quote

I always order my Colt springs from brownells and they have always been in spec.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:53:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C6H12O6] [#18]
View Quote

The site looks like it’s from 1995 & the ordering process is a little antiquated w/ this guy but if you just have to have Colt...

Attachment Attached File

I used him for some Matech BUISs a couple years ago w/ good results.

Shark Arms since Brownells is out of stock

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:30:58 PM EDT
[#19]

The site looks like it’s from 1995 & the ordering process is a little antiquated w/ this guy but if you just have to have Colt...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123535/084D31F8-B106-49EF-9ED3-ECAD34E41B2F_jpe-1831308.JPG

I used him for some Matech BUISs a couple years ago w/ good results.

Shark Arms since Brownells is out of stock

View Quote

Thanks, I appreciate the link. Man, $20 is harsh for a part generally listed for $6 elsewhere. I'll probably just have to wait for Brownells to be back in stock.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:01:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FONTY] [#20]

Thanks, I appreciate the link. Man, $20 is harsh for a part generally listed for $6 elsewhere. I'll probably just have to wait for Brownells to be back in stock.
View Quote

Arms Unlimited has them in stock for $5.95
Edit- out of stock
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:14:08 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Yeah I checked Brownells, Midway and AU before Shark, but you seemed to really want Colt. I’d just get something else for now and back order one from BRN.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:25:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Yeah I checked Brownells, Midway and AU before Shark, but you seemed to really want Colt. I’d just get something else for now and back order one from BRN.
View All Quotes

Ya, that'll likely be my solution. I know insisting on Colt for such a run of the mill part is a bit much, but it is a clone after all. So far I don't think I've had to deviate almost at all from clone correctness.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 1:11:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sayeso87] [#23]
A certain company just dropped a new (kinda) head to fulfill a contract for a certain agency. If anyone is here for super clone correctness in 2021- I suck at forums I was trying to reply to someone. But still
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Sayeso87:
A certain company just dropped a new (kinda) head to fulfill a contract for a certain agency. If anyone is here for super clone correctness in 2021- I suck at forums I was trying to reply to someone. But still
View Quote

What does this even mean? I’m lost
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 4:37:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FONTY] [#25]

Honestly any big name companies spring would be fine. I really wouldn’t consider any new production colt Parts as good as the older stuff.
View Quote

I bought 2 BCM carbine springs during the summer cause colt was oos. Then my back ordered Colt springs showed up 2 weeks later and there is a difference.
Colt spring measures 11-1/4”
BCM spring measures 10-3/4”

Top Colt
Bottom BCM
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 4:40:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

I bought 2 BCM carbine springs during the summer cause colt was oos. Then my back ordered Colt springs showed up 2 weeks later and there is a difference.
Colt spring measures 11-1/4”
BCM spring measures 10-3/4”

Top Colt
Bottom BCM
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/77C4E724-6E51-4341-A55D-46ED43D2D5AC_jpe-1832333.JPG
View Quote

"bUt BcM iS mIl SpEc!!!"

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

"bUt BcM iS mIl SpEc!!!"

View Quote

That’s within mil spec tolerance
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:32:54 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sayeso87:

+2 I am confusion
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By bgLGT:

+2 I am confusion
View Quote

I think he's referencing the new Modlite OKW Dual Fuel head, which allows use of CR123 batteries. My understanding was that was for .mil, not FBI, but who knows.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:17:52 PM EDT
[#30]
If anyone is looking for the clone correct DD mount there is one in the EE
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:17:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C6H12O6] [#31]
If anyone is looking for the clone correct DD mount there is one in the EE
View Quote

Is the clone correct one the mount that doesn’t have the removable spacer for lower 1/3? Like it’s just one piece as shown below? (not my pic)

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:29:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Is the clone correct one the mount that doesn’t have the removable spacer for lower 1/3? Like it’s just one piece as shown below? (not my pic)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123535/2DF4F6C6-E945-4777-85B5-1D822C2650CD_jpe-1838922.JPG
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#33]
I see you are picking it up. Good move
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, apparently my upper build is delayed. Sent my Geissele Super Gas block off to BRT for a port restricted insert. UPS shows delivered, BRT never got it. Hopefully it's a simple mix up. If it's really lost, I dont know where I'm going to find a stainless steel Geissele SGB in stock...
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:23:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, apparently my upper build is delayed. Sent my Geissele Super Gas block off to BRT for a port restricted insert. UPS shows delivered, BRT never got it. Hopefully it's a simple mix up. If it's really lost, I dont know where I'm going to find a stainless steel Geissele SGB in stock...
View Quote

Like this one??

Attachment Attached File

If it’s lost, let me know.  I can’t give it away, but it would be very reasonable based on what they sold for when plentiful and in stock.  Hopefully not much more than the insurance included with your package.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:26:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Like this one??

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6045/FE518F30-5327-463F-9D43-4A6DFD600A51_jpe-1840162.JPG

If it’s lost, let me know.  I can’t give it away, but it would be very reasonable based on what they sold for when plentiful and in stock.  Hopefully not much more than the insurance included with your package.
View Quote

I really appreciate that man. Depending on what happens with BRT and UPS, I may very well take you up on that offer. So far the only place I've found any at all is Optics Planet, and we know how that goes.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:37:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Has anyone seen a black Geissele government charging handle anywhere recently?

Last thing holding back my build, I know that I could always go with the PRI or classic mil CH but I’ve kind of set my mind on this in particular.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#38]
I think the last time I saw a black Government charging handle in stock was at Charlie’s Customs last year, and they were priced at around $125. I started a thread in the Geissele industry subforum on the topic - they couldn’t provide a timeframe for when more might be produced but said they plan to add charging handles to their list of products that can be backordered:

Charging Handles
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:41:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tamboi] [#39]
Ok, with regards the brt insert on the gas block, with a .65 insert installed, will that allow me to reliably run, suppressed and unsuppressed or no
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:22:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dpr33] [#40]
two government charging handles for sale on gunbroker right now if you wanna pay the premium
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#41]
I can sell someone mine for $500
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm just waiting for the FBI to get it together and adopt the green version for Regional SWAT so it matches the Mk 4. Then I'll be all set!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
I'm just waiting for the FBI to get it together and adopt the green version for Regional SWAT so it matches the Mk 4. Then I'll be all set!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27888/Geissele_OD_Green_CHs_jpg-1726104.JPG
View Quote

Nice trio! But one is not like the others
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Nice trio! But one is not like the others
View Quote

Yeah, that's for my hypothetical M4A1 URG-I in OD green, if I can ever get the parts I'd want to finish the project at a reasonable price (SF4P, Colt clone lower, etc.).
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:29:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: George218] [#45]
Awesome thread.  What is the consensus of these barrels accuracy potential? What are some good suppressor options that work well to keep blowback minimal with a standard gas block and the Vltor A5 setup?
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:48:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JLAudio] [#46]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:

Yeah, that's for my hypothetical M4A1 URG-I in OD green, if I can ever get the parts I'd want to finish the project at a reasonable price (SF4P, Colt clone lower, etc.).
View Quote

I think I made a bone headed move and sold exactly what you are after, all colt URGI-I colt clone in ODG that i built with the original mk16 rail from the black Friday 2018 drop. Sold it in December of 2019 and ended up including it in a down payment for property. In the long run hopefully a good financial move, but I'd be remiss if I didn't acknowledge that I regret selling that.

If you can't find the rail to do your build and decide to depart with that ACH in ODG, let me know.

E; found an old pic

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:39:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#47]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
If you can't find the rail to do your build and decide to depart with that ACH in ODG, let me know.
View Quote

I have the ODG rail / CH set from that first Black Friday sale, along with a Colt "C" Cerro upper and BCG, but I've been holding off on buying the DD barrel until I find a 4-prong at a decent price. I'm also undecided about what lower I want to use (old 6920 vs. a newer clone lower). Just not in a big hurry to make the tough decisions.

That was a beautiful set you had there!
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#48]
I've been interested in doing an older clone with the Troy rail, 11.5" colt barrel...etc. I was curious if this was the correct older optic combo they used. It's a 552 on the RRA riser that brings the optic to lower 1/3. Would this optic have been seen on Troy rail variation? And what size rail? 10" fde Troy alpha?Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:44:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bhavin22] [#49]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
I've been interested in doing an older clone with the Troy rail, 11.5" colt barrel...etc. I was curious if this was the correct older optic combo they used. It's a 552 on the RRA riser that brings the optic to lower 1/3. Would this optic have been seen on Troy rail variation? And what size rail? 10" fde Troy alpha?https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/5ACDA7D4-89C7-4C0A-8262-2EA09E0CFC9E_jpe-1851450.JPG
View Quote

Hey Dyzastr you can’t be in here
It’s the 9 inch rail I believe. Go look at my post on the previous page (69) with a pic of one
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:23:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bgLGT] [#50]
Originally Posted By George218:
Awesome thread.  What is the consensus of these barrels accuracy potential? What are some good suppressor options that work well to keep blowback minimal with a standard gas block and the Vltor A5 setup?
View Quote

Sandman K, runs awesome on my 10.3" 0.070" port rifle with an A5H2.
Page / 87
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top