Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

Sexy gaggle.
Ladies night last night was poppin’
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:45:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 9:52:18 PM EDT
[#4]
@Proto3 that is a hopping pic.

I love this thread.  Lots of imagination.  Some good sources commercially as well.  all good...  creativity.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Any chance we could get pictures of correct barrels added to the OP?
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 5:43:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARogueNinja] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CowboyWubWub:
Any chance we could get pictures of correct barrels added to the OP?
View Quote
Send me what you want posted and I'll add whatever is needed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 11:30:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Finally making some progress on this thing.  Got the barrel back from ADCO and put the upper together today.  
I had a hard time with the decision to put the Surefire flash hider on, as it will be the only non-clone part on the rifle when it's all done, but it just seems stupid to have a non-suppressor-capable rifle when I have suppressors to put on it:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Muzap:
Finally making some progress on this thing.  Got the barrel back from ADCO and put the upper together today.  
I had a hard time with the decision to put the Surefire flash hider on, as it will be the only non-clone part on the rifle when it's all done, but it just seems stupid to have a non-suppressor-capable rifle when I have suppressors to put on it:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/400160/IMG_20190518_122842_2_jpg-949722.JPG
View Quote
Could just be the lighting but that shade of green is awesome. A true olive drab

And totally agree RE: suppressor host. I'm not a cloner but there's no (good) reason to put on an A2 if you have SF cans at the ready.
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 8:17:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Muzap] [#10]
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
Could just be the lighting but that shade of green is awesome. A true olive drab

And totally agree RE: suppressor host. I'm not a cloner but there's no (good) reason to put on an A2 if you have SF cans at the ready.
View Quote
Thanks!  It's not just the lighting, I hit the green anodizing lottery with this MK4.  It's as close as I've seen to a perfect match for Magpul ODG.
ETA:  Actually, in person there's no discernible difference between the AFG and the rail.  So the lighting does affect it a bit.
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 4:22:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shootindave] [#11]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/400160/IMG_20190518_122842_2_jpg-949722.JPG
View Quote
I have the same FH on my upper. No way was I gunna build an upper with this rail that I couldn't put my suppressor on.
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 5:04:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Shootindave:

I have the same FH on my upper. No way was I gunna build an upper with this rail that I couldn't put my suppressor on.
View Quote
Same here, with the money and time I have invested in my suppressor, I’m not limiting myself just because it’s not correct.
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 8:44:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan] [#13]
I didn't have an A2 laying around and I don't have an SF can. But I did have a FH556-216A laying around.

For me Id prefer an NT4 comp because I have an NT4, but maybe later
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Has anyone built a clone with the Troy Alpha Rail
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 10:59:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By curbo2683:
Has anyone built a clone with the Troy Alpha Rail
View Quote
Sorta....This is one of those deals where I built this and was shooting it before the FBI went that route. She has well over 8k rounds and still accurate as day 1.

Link Posted: 5/20/2019 1:06:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 5pt56:

Sorta....This is one of those deals where I built this and was shooting it before the FBI went that route. She has well over 8k rounds and still accurate as day 1.
https://i.imgur.com/qR7Dawf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/cLrdgA6.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GiTL6yn.jpg
View Quote
Very Nice !!! That's exactly what I was looking for
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 9:06:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Got a rail thanks to a member here. Darker variety it seems.  Just need the colt upper/bolt and I’m gtg.

Link Posted: 5/21/2019 10:47:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 56cbr600rr] [#18]
Don’t see a # to contact BRT for the .067 gas port.  Do I need to order their install kit too, or can I just use any tap/die?  If so anyone know size/thread/pitch?
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 56cbr600rr:
Don’t see a # to contact BRT for the .067 gas port.  Do I need to order their install kit too, or can I just use any tap/die?  If so anyone know size/thread/pitch?
View Quote
Pick .067 on this page.

I don’t know what tools you would need if you didn’t use their kit. I would buy the install kit at the same time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 5:07:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 56cbr600rr] [#20]
Pick .067 on this page.

I don’t know what tools you would need if you didn’t use their kit. I would buy the install kit at the same time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Pick .067 on this page.

Thanks.  Did find that earlier.  Was hoping to call them and ask about the install kit.

For $50 might leave the GB original....   hmmm...

Are we really gonna feel a difference from .067 and .07?
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Aim surplus has Troy sights on sale again.

https://aimsurplus.com/troy-industries-folding-battle-sight-combo
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 7:15:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EHilderbrand] [#22]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

View Quote
Just received a pair of the FDE ones for another rifle. Submitted an RMA as soon as I handled them and put them on the rifle. They are, sadly, not like the Troy sights of old. Very disappointed in the overall quality. The lock up is terrible, they don't lay flush on the rail. My old Troy's snap closed and lay flat.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 11:54:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Barrel is a BA cus I'm a cheap fuck, but I like this build quite a bit, first none clone ar for a couple of years.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 6:10:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 7:09:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Thanks.  Did find that earlier.  Was hoping to call them and ask about the install kit.

View All Quotes
Don't see a # to contact BRT for the .067 gas port.  Do I need to order their install kit too, or can I just use any tap/die?  If so anyone know size/thread/pitch?
Pick .067 on this page.

I don't know what tools you would need if you didn't use their kit. I would buy the install kit at the same time.

Just as an FYI I ordered mine well over a week ago, then they printed a label over 7 days ago and it sat as such until I emailed them yesterday asking if it's OSS or being made to order. They said it'd ship today.. we'll see.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 8:06:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Have they gone off sale in the last 90 days or so?
View All Quotes

No idea, but they were in the email I got.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 8:16:44 AM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes

LOL I think arfcom kinked the sale of their stockpile with that 2013 fiasco.  They are catching up on sales.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 12:09:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Anybody have the cage code/part number for this in a Colt build?
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By alacop:
Anybody have the cage code/part number for this in a Colt build?
View Quote
It's not a military item.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By dangerdan:

It's not a military item.
View Quote
Gotcha. Any unique stickers, identifiers?
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ShaneWang:
Barrel is a BA cus I'm a cheap fuck, but I like this build quite a bit, first none clone ar for a couple of years.
https://i.imgur.com/mwEMlU8.jpg
View Quote
Stunning. Well done. Who's rail panels are those?
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ducati650:

View Quote
Looks like Rail Scales
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By dangerdan:
Looks like Rail Scales
View Quote
I've not seen RailScales with 3 screws. Mine all have just 2 so was curious.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 5:00:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ducati650:

View Quote
Slate Black Industries, it's a new brand, they are pretty decent and super cheap for what they are.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 5:00:31 PM EDT
[#37]
https://i.imgur.com/mwEMlU8.jpg
View Quote
Looks nice. I used a BA barrel and it is a shooter. Seems to be gassed well for my SOCOM suppressor too.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Shootindave:

Looks nice. I used a BA barrel and it is a shooter. Seems to be gassed well for my SOCOM suppressor too.
View Quote
They are pretty good, the only thing I don't like it's the glossy finish. I'll put my socom sb on it as well, good to hear they work well together.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 10:51:01 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
I must not have timed my barrel nut properly to show the roll mark . Both of my Mk18's have BA barrels and a couple other rifles, same reason as you but they're shooters anyway.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't know if anyone notices this or not, there's some slight difference between the older issued federal rail compare to last black friday's released rail.

Noted in this picture, the older rail where the geissele logo and info were engraved, the rail was going from round surface then transition to flat surface.

And in this newly released rail, it's flat across the rail. In the red circle. Also the older rail has Mlok logo on the left side. I checked some pictures of the issued fbi rifles, they are all the older style.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't know if anyone notices this or not, there's some slight difference between the older issued federal rail compare to last black friday's released rail.
https://i.imgur.com/fxYJ3D6.jpg
Noted in this picture, the older rail where the geissele logo and info were engraved, the rail was going from round surface then transition to flat surface.
https://i.imgur.com/59WmMQs.jpg
And in this newly released rail, it's flat across the rail. In the red circle. Also the older rail has Mlok logo on the left side. I checked some pictures of the issued fbi rifles, they are all the older style.
View Quote
G made those changes to their entire MK4 and MK8 lineup a few years ago, IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#42]

G made those changes to their entire MK4 and MK8 lineup a few years ago, IIRC.
View Quote
Great, thanks
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#43]
For your guys who sized down the gas port on the Geissele block using the Black River Tactical insert and kit...the tap and drill bit are larger than the set screw hole on the Geissele block. What did you do?
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Recoil gun works has trade in C marked Colt BCG in stock $69.99
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:
For your guys who sized down the gas port on the Geissele block using the Black River Tactical insert and kit...the tap and drill bit are larger than the set screw hole on the Geissele block. What did you do?
View Quote
The correct bit should just fit through the threaded hole. I would check that again. The tap should be the same diameter/thread pitch as the set screw hole and will screw through. It may shave a hair off the existing threads but that will not affect fit, form or function.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 8:20:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By RocketCity556:
Recoil gun works has trade in C marked Colt BCG in stock $69.99
View Quote
That was quick OOS now, but those have to be the worst BC ever produced. I had one of those back in the day it gouged the shit out of the buffer and bends the firing pin retaining pin. I never understood why Colt would ever do that. They basically ruined the BC with the shaved half moon rear section & milled out by the firing pin, just plain stupidity.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 9:59:08 PM EDT
[#47]
The correct bit should just fit through the threaded hole. I would check that again. The tap should be the same diameter/thread pitch as the set screw hole and will screw through. It may shave a hair off the existing threads but that will not affect fit, form or function.
View All Quotes
The bit doesn't seem to fit AT ALL. The tap I could possibly get through with some oil. The insert instructions say the pre-drilling is optional...can the tap handle that much meat if I don't pre-drill?
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#48]
The bit doesn't seem to fit AT ALL. The tap I could possibly get through with some oil. The insert instructions say the pre-drilling is optional...can the tap handle that much meat if I don't pre-drill?
View Quote
If the tap will fit, the correct drill bit for that tap has to fit. I am away from home right now or I'd go look at my bit and give you the size. I would not recommend tapping without pre-drilling. It might work, but if you break off that hardened steel tap in the hole, you have a whole new problem.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Please pardon the post but just trying to cast a wider net....does anyone have an extra OD Green rail they are willing to sell that is a lighter/medium green color?
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#50]
If the tap will fit, the correct drill bit for that tap has to fit. I am away from home right now or I'd go look at my bit and give you the size. I would not recommend tapping without pre-drilling. It might work, but if you break off that hardened steel tap in the hole, you have a whole new problem.
View All Quotes
That would be awesome, I can mic the bit and tap when I get home and compare
Page / 87
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top