Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Middle of the page here:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Palmetto-State-Armory-has-lost-a-customer-/5-2109794/?page=163

I'm going to reach out to a local place that does engraving on lowers to see if they can do a small Property of NCR Govt. marking on the left magwell of the Brownells A1 lower used for this build.
View Quote
I'm bummed it got axed too....
Please update if you here anything back.

I'm for sure in if anything pans out.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Middle of the page here:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Palmetto-State-Armory-has-lost-a-customer-/5-2109794/?page=163

I'm going to reach out to a local place that does engraving on lowers to see if they can do a small Property of NCR Govt. marking on the left magwell of the Brownells A1 lower used for this build.

Group buy on NCR lowers! I'm sooo in!
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:56:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, I might have to build one of these.....
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Got out onto the range and put some rounds down. Had one nosedived round out of the second mag, racked the bolt and fixed it. No further problems through 60 additional rounds. Shooting a bit low, but as I’m going to replace the front sight post with a tritium one, I’m not going to bother zeroing it now.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 8:07:07 AM EDT
[#5]
That looks awesome.  New Vegas was a great game.

Did you do this just because Fallout 76 gets released in a few weeks?  Also, isn’t it a little convenient that the vault logo is close to the BFL?
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 9:15:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That looks awesome.  New Vegas was a great game.

Did you do this just because Fallout 76 gets released in a few weeks?  Also, isn’t it a little convenient that the vault logo is close to the BFL?
View Quote
No, I’d been wanting to do it for a while, and was more influenced by seeing NE_Guardsman’s build late last year. I started putting parts together earlier this year, but the C7 upper was a barrier until this recent batch showed up.

That said, I do have 76 preordered.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#7]
The Black River Tactical Covert Comp looks like a near perfect match to the in game muzzle device.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Black River Tactical Covert Comp looks like a near perfect match to the in game muzzle device.
View Quote
So it does! I'll have to snag one of those.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Too bad you can't actually own this thing in California.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:00:14 AM EDT
[#10]
OP, your GM-15 barrel has a .625 gas block journal, yet you have what appears to be a pinned A-post: how did you do that? Who?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:11:06 AM EDT
[#11]
With a .625" FSB

I had John Thomas from Retro Arms Works do my last one, fantastic work and crazy fast turnaround time.

Brownells
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 8:01:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
With a .625" FSB

I had John Thomas from Retro Arms Works do my last one, fantastic work and crazy fast turnaround time.

Brownells
View Quote
Yep. I had the upper built for me by TNTE, but the retro non-F marked .625 FSBs can be had from a couple of different places (Brownells as Pothole said, but JSE Surplus and Fulton carry them too).
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 8:02:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I wish someone would do the barrel in 1/7.
View Quote
Brownells does:
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/barrel-parts/rifle-barrels/ar-15-20-a1-rifle-barrel-1-7-stripped-prod97908.aspx

It says it has an M4 extension, but I'm not sure whether these do any more. IIRC this was something they were going to fix.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top