User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 262
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 5:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/40956FCF-669D-4865-B285-170FE19BB62B_jpe-2237753.JPG

Not mine but boduke1019 obviously. Wanted to show a mk5 on a URG-I since y'all were just talking about it.
View Quote

Heyy that’s mine. Just needs a better trigger
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Is my brass aluminum forge colt upper receiver gtg for a clone correct build?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 10:43:06 PM EDT
[#4]
So I’m rebuilding my URGI’s right now there on Cage Code Colt uppers, I’m thinking of swapping for a C marked keyhole, and I have two FN uppers, one is a cage code and the other is a F marked, both are brass aluminum forgings are both correct or one or the other? I know Combat Diver hasn’t seen cage code colts but I swear I’ve seen a few here in a few pictures in the wild. Just trying to do these a little different from the rest of the pack.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:24:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mstennes:
So I’m rebuilding my URGI’s right now there on Cage Code Colt uppers, I’m thinking of swapping for a C marked keyhole, and I have two FN uppers, one is a cage code and the other is a F marked, both are brass aluminum forgings are both correct or one or the other? I know Combat Diver hasn’t seen cage code colts but I swear I’ve seen a few here in a few pictures in the wild. Just trying to do these a little different from the rest of the pack.
Thanks.
View Quote

If it is Mil Spec and in the system it would get used.  Half of the URGI's have were rebuilt with new uppers, whatever was in the system.  Other half reused existing uppers.

CD
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

If it is Mil Spec and in the system it would get used.  Half of the URGI's have were rebuilt with new uppers, whatever was in the system.  Other half reused existing uppers.

CD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Thanks.

CD

@Combat_Diver

These are the FN uppers in question, the lower is the Colt Cage Code uppers I’m pulling off,
I replaced my other uppers with a C stamped keyhole, and a Colt Alcoa Forge, which was the older more grey, less black, figured it would be perfect for my early Block 2. I know the Cage Code Colt uppers have not been seen by you, but I swear I’ve seen some pictures in this thread of them in the wild? I’m just going to use one of the FN uppers so I wanted the correct one, and I’m not sure which is a go and which isn’t? Hell maybe both are?
Here are the FN uppers,

Here is the Cage Code Colts I have in place now,

Thea are two of the NOS uppers I picked up sometime years ago and forgot about, there was also the Colt Alcoa Forge I used already,

Thanks again for your help!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:24:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boduke0220] [#7]
Got my hands on an 11.5 DD Barrel so it is time to order the rest of the goodies.

What optics are being used on the 11.5? I am thinking an Eotech and G33 would fit it well.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Boduke0220:
Got my hands on an 11.5 DD Barrel so it is time to order the rest of the goodies.

What optics are being used on the 11.5? I am thinking an Eotech and G33 would fit it well.
View Quote

The same optics you'll see on CQBR uppers.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Just to get everyone all worked up

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes bring on the brown ATACRs! Not just the 1-8, the big ones too. I need to color coordinate.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 6:06:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh my god - please...
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:
Oh my god - please...
View Quote

Yeah, I’ll be pulling out the credit card immediately if these become available.  If not I’ve decided that I’ll be getting a black one by the end of this year.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HD2006:

Yeah, I'll be pulling out the credit card immediately if these become available.  If not I've decided that I'll be getting a black one by the end of this year.
View All Quotes
Oh my god - please...

Yeah, I'll be pulling out the credit card immediately if these become available.  If not I've decided that I'll be getting a black one by the end of this year.

My wife is going to murder me, but at least I'll die with a tanodized ATACR in my hands.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#14]

My wife is going to murder me, but at least I'll die with a tanodized ATACR in my hands.
View All Quotes
Oh my god - please...

I showed mine a picture of it a couple months ago and said if it ever happened I’m buying it immediately.  I’m prepared for my death
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Nightforce already make some tanodized stuff for military contracts right?
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By jmevans_2:
Nightforce already make some tanodized stuff for military contracts right?
View Quote

Yup - tanodized ATACR contracts.

Leupold too for that matter with their Mark 5.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#17]
You can get the tanodized 7-35x atacrs now, you just have to buy a barrett mrad to get it haha.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Charging handle will be here Monday. Just need the dd barrel and another 4 prong.

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
Charging handle will be here Monday. Just need the dd barrel and another 4 prong.

https://i.imgur.com/5eHaCVA.jpg
View Quote

Where did you get the rail from? I need to order one, but I want to make sure it doesn't have those stupid new QD inserts.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:56:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

Where did you get the rail from? I need to order one, but I want to make sure it doesn't have those stupid new QD inserts.
View All Quotes

Your best bet would probably be the EE so you would be able to see what you’re getting.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:59:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Your best bet would probably be the EE so you would be able to see what you’re getting.
View All Quotes

This a friend of mine ordered one from Giessele and it came with the inserts, I think they should give you the option of with or without
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Ordered direct from Geissele from their New Years/Christmas sale. Guess I got lucky.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:14:02 AM EDT
[#23]

@Combat_Diver

These are the FN uppers in question, the lower is the Colt Cage Code uppers I’m pulling off,
I replaced my other uppers with a C stamped keyhole, and a Colt Alcoa Forge, which was the older more grey, less black, figured it would be perfect for my early Block 2. I know the Cage Code Colt uppers have not been seen by you, but I swear I’ve seen some pictures in this thread of them in the wild? I’m just going to use one of the FN uppers so I wanted the correct one, and I’m not sure which is a go and which isn’t? Hell maybe both are?
Here are the FN uppers,
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85971/0357E92A-02C0-4B5E-A277-466A2D3279A6-2238956.jpg

Here is the Cage Code Colts I have in place now,
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85971/637A27BE-DACF-4C24-A962-A128F97D55B5-2238957.jpg

Thea are two of the NOS uppers I picked up sometime years ago and forgot about, there was also the Colt Alcoa Forge I used already,
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85971/EBEDFC4E-F150-40BF-B2B6-265E34C0E036-2238966.jpg

Thanks again for your help!!
View Quote

Use one of the C uppers if you want to clone a early Block II.  Current Block IIs can have any of the above uppers.

CD
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#24]

https://i.imgur.com/GpEYOQv.jpg
View Quote

I commented on that. Told them to atleast release the damn ultramount. Absolutely ridiculous that it's not on the market.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:42:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Omega9000:

I commented on that. Told them to atleast release the damn ultramount. Absolutely ridiculous that it's not on the market.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Omega9000:

https://i.imgur.com/GpEYOQv.jpg

The salesman I spoke to on the phone told me they get around 50-60 requests per month to release the ATACRs in FDE to the commercial market.

Unless their marketing team is completely disconnected from their call center, they'd be foolish not to.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Boduke0220:

View Quote

The Eotech setup looks good on the 11.5 URGI, also like the T2.
Mockup upper with the Eotech and Aimpoint. Have picked up Colt cage code upper since pic.  
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

Mockup upper with the Eotech and Aimpoint. Have picked up Colt cage code upper since pic.  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/A966256C-4B46-47F9-9F48-026E7474354A_jpe-2240177.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/068D7694-663E-4109-AA46-360EDF03F328_jpe-2240178.JPG
View Quote

That, Sir, is a fine looking URG.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:40:59 PM EDT
[#28]
I’m not affiliated in any way but there is an 11.5” DD barrel with factory gas block in the EE.  I know these are hard to find.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#29]
will a shaved down front sight fit under the Geissele MK16 9.3" ?
(replacing my old RIS II).thanks
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ImpacTT:
will a shaved down front sight fit under the Geissele MK16 9.3" ?
(replacing my old RIS II).thanks
View Quote

If it’s the factory Colt saved front gas block yes. I did a build using some stuff I had lying around and it fit fine. Clone correct no, but that’s your call, it just won’t be a clone.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#31]

If it’s the factory Colt saved front gas block yes. I did a build using some stuff I had lying around and it fit fine. Clone correct no, but that’s your call, it just won’t be a clone.
View Quote

Fits better than a Geissele or Mk12 which aren't correct either.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

True I was surprised and impressed, I have a MK12 on mine still, I bought my rail when they were first offered and the MK12 was actually being used in trials, so is it or is it not correct for a first batch/addition URGI? When DD finely releases more barrels I will swap it all over.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

thanks.
BCM barrel cut down with BCM FSP. Just looking for the "clone enough" look ;)
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#34]

thanks.
BCM barrel cut down with BCM FSP. Just looking for the "clone enough" look ;)
View Quote

10.5” MK16, 11.5” Colt heavy barrel with Colt shaved front pinned gas block. I can take better pictures if your interested just let me know.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#35]
thanks. can you take a picture showing the shaved FSP from the barrel end looking down so I can see how much clearance around the gas block
No rush.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:32:24 PM EDT
[#36]
I’m not affiliated in any way but there is an 11.5” DD barrel with factory gas block in the EE.  I know these are hard to find.
View Quote

@ HD2006

Got that bitch thank you SIR!!!  That'll replace the BCM I have currently and give me all 3 sizes of DD Barrels and MK16's!!!  Now all funds are being stashed for that MF'ing Tanodized ATACR...............  Is that  34mm tube?  Gotta go ahead and buy a badger I don't care for the UNIMOUNTS......
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:32:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/A966256C-4B46-47F9-9F48-026E7474354A_jpe-2240177.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/068D7694-663E-4109-AA46-360EDF03F328_jpe-2240178.JPG
View Quote

Thank you for those pictures. That looks awesome! I definitely think that’s the route I’ll go
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:46:35 PM EDT
[#38]
thanks. can you take a picture showing the shaved FSP from the barrel end looking down so I can see how much clearance around the gas block
No rush.
View Quote

I’m not sure if these help, I can try under better lighting if needed?

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:55:00 PM EDT
[#39]
that's good. Thank you Sir.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 12:25:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By GoRebels:

@ HD2006

Got that bitch thank you SIR!!!  That'll replace the BCM I have currently and give me all 3 sizes of DD Barrels and MK16's!!!  Now all funds are being stashed for that MF'ing Tanodized ATACR...............  Is that  34mm tube?  Gotta go ahead and buy a badger I don't care for the UNIMOUNTS......
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GoRebels:

@ HD2006

Awesome

The ATACR is 34mm, here’s hoping the release the tano
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 1:08:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Bring on the TAN ATACRS!
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#42]
I can’t wrap my head around the pricing on these. Sorry to stray from ugri talk.

Attachment Attached File

10.3” ugri. The shame!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/15/2022 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By stagepaint:
I can’t wrap my head around the pricing on these. Sorry to stray from ugri talk.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/219864/15CFC7D5-008F-4508-9366-12F14C650255_jpe-2241235.JPG

10.3” ugri. The shame!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/219864/7EBE73D8-69DB-4D70-B0A5-1FEF0749E6EB_jpe-2241244.JPG

View Quote

That’s just stupid, I don’t know what’s worse that price or the fact someone will pay that? They just keep driving the price up and putting real shooters out of the game. I have yet to see someone pay stupid prices and do anything other than brag on social media, if they even have ammo for them I’d be surprised then if they do it’s probably wolf steel case.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 3:59:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slu54] [#44]

That’s just stupid, I don’t know what’s worse that price or the fact someone will pay that? They just keep driving the price up and putting real shooters out of the game. I have yet to see someone pay stupid prices and do anything other than brag on social media, if they even have ammo for them I’d be surprised then if they do it’s probably wolf steel case.
View Quote

I think that's scope and rifle, so it's not that unreasonable. The Barrett ASR deployment kit retails for $18K with the caliber conversion kits and some bags and cases, but no scope. Barrett doesn't sell the ASR rifle alone (I don't think), but if you look the AI AXSR in 300NOR it's a $10K rifle. I was thinking of blowing some money on an AXSR + SuB 5-45, which adds up to right around $15K and it's basically the same capability. Ammo is expensive but so is .338 Lapua and lots of people shoot that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Slu54:

I think that's scope and rifle, so it's not that unreasonable. The Barrett ASR deployment kit retails for $18K with the caliber conversion kits and some bags and cases, but no scope. Barrett doesn't sell the ASR rifle alone (I don't think), but if you look the AI AXSR in 300NOR it's a $10K rifle. I was thinking of blowing some money on an AXSR + SuB 5-45, which adds up to right around $15K and it's basically the same capability. Ammo is expensive but so is .338 Lapua and lots of people shoot that.
View Quote

If it was a full deployment kit I would get it, but when you can get just the mrad for $5k-$6k, $15k for just the rifle and optic/mount seems wild.
$10k for the atacr, mount and pelican?
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 4:37:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slu54] [#46]
Originally Posted By stagepaint:

If it was a full deployment kit I would get it, but when you can get just the mrad for $5k-$6k, $15k for just the rifle and optic/mount seems wild.
$10k for the atacr, mount and pelican?
View Quote

I don't know if there's any difference between a folder MRAD and a ASR. If there isn't you're right. The folder MRAD at $5K is actually a good price, I just wish they made a left handed model so I don't have to buy an AI for twice as much.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Anyone backorder a DD barrel on optics planet? I know they claim 4-6 weeks, are they accurate?

I've never had an issue with OP, but I've never back ordered something either.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Toothpicksandkatchup:
Anyone backorder a DD barrel on optics planet? I know they claim 4-6 weeks, are they accurate?

View Quote

I've only ordered items in stock and have always received them fast.
I've never ordered anything backordered, nut thats where most of the OP horror stories come from that are posted here.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 6:13:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#49]
Originally Posted By Toothpicksandkatchup:

View Quote

In my personal experience, the estimates are almost always wrong for backorders, but this is more on the manufacturer since they're the ones telling OP when to expect the shipment. So, DD is telling OP to expect those barrels in 4-6 weeks. DD is always way off on their estimates, at least anytime I've backordered a DD item.

Rule of thumb for OP that I've found over the years for backordered items - if the estimate is 3-6 months, it'll be 12 months. If the estimate is 4-6 weeks, it'll be 3-6 months. If the estimate is 1-2 weeks, it'll be 4-6 weeks. You get the idea.

Just expect it take twice as long as they say it will.

I've never had a problem with OP though - you can at least backorder hard to get items and they don't charge you until it ships.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Well backordered the barrel, only because I wasn't gonna get charged. Well I was immediately, so I fully expect my barrel to be headed out come Monday
Page / 262
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top