User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 263
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

I think it would be about 8 ounces if you went from a heavy barrel 14.5 in RIS II URG to a 14.5 in URG-I.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
Originally Posted By ATravis11b:

Weight wise, as the previous poster noted isn't much different.  The MK16 does feel better in the hand due to the narrower profile of the Mlok.  If I could only have one as a cool guy clone i'd go with the RIS II but if I could only have one as a functional rifle I'd go with the MK16.  Of course as we all know the correct answer is to get both.

From the OP:

14.5" URG-I mass- 4 lb 3 oz (14.5" Block II with Govt profile barrel and same muzzle device is 4 lb 7 oz)

The MK16 is nearly as heavy as the RIS II, believe it or not.

Interesting, if I were to ditch my SOCOM barrel in addition to the RIS I could shave 10-12oz I think, depending what on my barrel choice.

I think it would be about 8 ounces if you went from a heavy barrel 14.5 in RIS II URG to a 14.5 in URG-I.

Not sure if it’s worth it for that TBH.

The Block II really isn’t all that heavy, the problem is when you add a can to it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:25:53 AM EDT
[#4]
WIP

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 4:23:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: india13c] [#5]
So, I’ve been going been going back and forth a lot with whether or not to paint the urgi.  

I like both looks...

Paint or no paint?

Rail not included obviously.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By india13c:
So, I’ve been going been going back and forth a lot with whether or not to paint the urgi.  

I like both looks...

Paint or no paint?

Rail not included obviously.
View Quote

Why not paint the rail?
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 4:47:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: india13c] [#7]

Why not paint the rail?
View Quote

Because I’ve seen very few of the real deal rifles have painted rails since almost all the painted ones I assume are from the previously painted block II guns anyway.  That and I like the looks better and don’t think I could bring myself to paint over the ddc.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:02:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#8]

View Quote

Weighed mine the other day. Both 100% clones. 9.15oz difference between the two.

URG-I (4lbs 2.65oz)
Block II w/SOCOM bbl (4lbs 11.8oz)

I didn't think to weigh the rails when I had them off unfortunately...
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:09:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I finally got my Eotech EXPS the other day. Now, for a couple crappy cell phone pics

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 8:28:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Why not paint the rail?
View All Quotes
So, I’ve been going been going back and forth a lot with whether or not to paint the urgi.  

I like both looks...

Paint or no paint?

Why not paint the rail?

^^^This. Paint that bitch, whole damn thing. And do it like you don't give a fuck how it turns out.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 2:36:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ThRob:

^^^This. Paint that bitch, whole damn thing. And do it like you don't give a fuck how it turns out.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ThRob:

I like both looks...

Paint or no paint?

Why not paint the rail?

^^^This. Paint that bitch, whole damn thing. And do it like you don't give a fuck how it turns out.

You’re my hero.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:11:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#13]
And now there are two...

Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
And now there are two...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20856/ksui0lkh-1422590.jpg
View Quote

Just need another RC now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:30:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:

Just need another RC now.
View Quote

Honestly I need about four of them
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 3:57:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

That’s a good question, ever since they stopped making the clone upper wonder what comes on the near clone upper.
Edit- That makes sense the G gas block. Better off building your own clone correct upper now with the DD barrel & pinned gas block.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FONTY:
Originally Posted By DoubleTap556:
Do any of the Geissele URGI uppers still come with the DD mk12 gas block or do you have to order a barrel straight from DD to get it?

That’s a good question, ever since they stopped making the clone upper wonder what comes on the near clone upper.
Edit- That makes sense the G gas block. Better off building your own clone correct upper now with the DD barrel & pinned gas block.

Finally got both the near-clone URGI and the Clone URGI in from some of the last stock available a while ago. The Clone came with April bore inspection date and now comes with the DD barrel and DD factory taper pinned low profile gas block with tons more clearance then the near clone (there is no clearance issue on either). Geissele stopped using that shaved Mk12 gas block in their Clone build to be "true true" clone correct apparently. Its looks really good. Will upload pics if anyone wants...

The near clone one I have, is well, a near clone...everything the same but the BCG and upper, and Geissele Super Gas Block, which everyone already knows...
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 5:19:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By FedSA:

Finally got both the near-clone URGI and the Clone URGI in from some of the last stock available a while ago. The Clone came with April bore inspection date and now comes with the DD barrel and DD factory taper pinned low profile gas block with tons more clearance then the near clone (there is no clearance issue on either). Geissele stopped using that shaved Mk12 gas block in their Clone build to be "true true" clone correct apparently. Its looks really good. Will upload pics if anyone wants...

The near clone one I have, is well, a near clone...everything the same but the BCG and upper, and Geissele Super Gas Block, which everyone already knows...
View Quote

Mine did too, April 8th to be exact.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:08:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#18]

View Quote
I just built my second one individually with all clone correct parts, really wasn't that much more expensive.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By akguy1985:

Mine did too, April 8th to be exact.
View Quote

Mine was April 13th
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
I just built my second one individually with all clone correct parts, really wasn't that much more expensive.
View All Quotes

Are your rails NSN roll marked or P/N marked on the one you built?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 1:09:06 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Which one is clone correct?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:57:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By leerx:

View All Quotes

The only one I could see in pics were the complete URGs in Daniel Defense boxes. It had a laser part number. The rest of the pics were too blurry.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:25:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Anyone have pictures of URGI with Vortex Viper PST II 1-6x24?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:02:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gdavis8] [#24]
Originally Posted By P51D_katydid:
Anyone have pictures of URGI with Vortex Viper PST II 1-6x24?

Thanks
View Quote

Ask and you shall receive...

and for the record, I love the Viper PST 1-6. It punches well above its weight class and gets dangerously close to the Razor's quality and features(not the new 1-10, obviously).

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

The only one I could see in pics were the complete URGs in Daniel Defense boxes. It had a laser part number. The rest of the pics were too blurry.
View All Quotes

Clone correct is the subdued and roll marked military NSN number, if you want to be super duper clone correct. I've seen a few of the uppers built out by hand and noticed some have the commercial P/N's laser etched instead.

From what I understand at this point, if it came from the factory as a URGI build it will have military NSN markings, if you just bought the rail commercially and parted it together it will have a commercial P/N laser etched instead and obviously isn't as subdued...
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Clone correct is the subdued and roll marked military NSN number, if you want to be super duper clone correct. I've seen a few of the uppers built out by hand and noticed some have the commercial P/N's laser etched instead.

From what I understand at this point, if it came from the factory as a URGI build it will have military NSN markings, if you just bought the rail commercially and parted it together it will have a commercial P/N laser etched instead and obviously isn't as subdued...
View All Quotes

What's your evidence? I'm talking about issued rails, I don't care what comes from Geissele.

This is the picture I was referring to:

Attachment Attached File

@Combat_Diver

Have you seen blank, laser P/N marked, stamped NSN marked, or a combination?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:55:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#28]

View Quote

Both rails in my pic are p/n marked(one is a factory URG-I upper and the other was pieced together).

Seems in the pics many issued uppers are p/n marked.

@FedSA

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:29:26 PM EDT
[#29]

What's your evidence? I'm talking about issued rails, I don't care what comes from Geissele.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138579/FB_IMG_1590360575959_jpg-1431162.JPG

@Combat_Diver

View Quote

Evidence is from enhanced pics of issued rifles in the wild...much like the one you posted. I’ll try to find the article and website littered with them again. I also wasn’t talking about what comes from Geissele.

All that aside....Interested to see what Combat Diver has seen personally.

I did download one picture of what appears to be two issued rifles side by side and one appears to be P/N marked and the other NSN rollmarked but it’s not in great focus so it’s hard to tell if it’s wear or not. It’s in the right area. On my phone now, so I’ll have to post that when I get back to the computer.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:40:38 PM EDT
[#30]

Both rails in my pic are p/n marked(one is a factory URG-I upper and the other was pieced together).

@FedSA

View Quote

Copy that. From the pics I’ve seen of issued rifles, most of them appear (to me) to have the subdued markings, but it’s hard to tell with definite certainty without quality camera focus or physical hands on. And of course a handful of pictures isn’t representative of an entire .mil acquisition. Both of mine, the clone and near clone, are NSN rollmarked. Partly why I was curious what yours was. Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:51:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Evidence is from enhanced pics of issued rifles in the wild...much like the one you posted. I’ll try to find the article and website littered with them again. I also wasn’t talking about what comes from Geissele.

I did download one picture of what appears to be two issued rifles side by side and one appears to be P/N marked and the other NSN rollmarked but it’s not in great focus so it’s hard to tell if it’s wear or not. It’s in the right area. On my phone now, so I’ll have to post that when I get back to the computer.
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138579/FB_IMG_1590360575959_jpg-1431162.JPG

@Combat_Diver

Yeah, you just said "Clone correct is the subdued and roll marked military NSN number". If both have been seen in pictures, aren't both clone correct?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:06:49 AM EDT
[#32]

Copy that. From the pics I've seen of issued rifles, most of them appear (to me) to have the subdued markings, but it's hard to tell with definite certainty without quality camera focus or physical hands on. And of course a handful of pictures isn't representative of an entire .mil acquisition. Both of mine, the clone and near clone, are NSN rollmarked. Partly why I was curious what yours was. Thanks for sharing.
View All Quotes

@FedSA

Copy that. From the pics I've seen of issued rifles, most of them appear (to me) to have the subdued markings, but it's hard to tell with definite certainty without quality camera focus or physical hands on. And of course a handful of pictures isn't representative of an entire .mil acquisition. Both of mine, the clone and near clone, are NSN rollmarked. Partly why I was curious what yours was. Thanks for sharing.

Might be a mixture of both, curious what CombatDiver has seen, I was just going off issued upper on page one.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:31:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#33]

@Combat_Diver

View Quote

If you're referring to the upper receiver.  Very few still have the 1400xxxx serial number on them, they are being replaced by blank receivers.  That one shown is incorrect (SN VSFGxxx).  Remember the URGI reuses the receiver from the 14.5" URG.  Most are blank on the left side.  Don't remember seeing any NSN on the rails.

CD
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:22:33 AM EDT
[#34]

Yeah, you just said "Clone correct is the subdued and roll marked military NSN number". If both have been seen in pictures, aren't both clone correct?
View All Quotes

@Combat_Diver

Yea, I did say that. I also said I’ve seen ONE picture of WHAT APPEARS to be both, and further annotated the picture wasn’t great, could have been wear, and the marking was in the general correct area...hardly a great sample size of both being clone correct from a large inventory. I’m speaking from what I’ve seen.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:45:03 AM EDT
[#35]

Might be a mixture of both, curious what CombatDiver has seen, I was just going off issued upper on page one.
View Quote

Very well could be, I just haven’t seen it. Combat Diver chimed in and didn’t remember seeing it but heck I didn’t notice it either until I saw something mentioning it earlier in the thread and checked mine. Some of the stamping is pretty faint. Also surprised to see him mention pic on page one isn’t correct, it’ll be funny if all the floating pic variations are wrong and it’s all just issued blank...
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:39:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#36]
Here are some mil uppers that a guy posted a while back that he was switching out block ii fsp uppers for. So there are definitely mil uppers with the nsn on the side.  

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:44:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Real recent mil exercise photos, notice something short and bendy in the background.

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:45:55 AM EDT
[#38]
My URGI keeping me company in the backyard tonight.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:39:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FedSA] [#39]

Thanks Conner for getting some good pics up man! Just like I stated earlier, based on what I had seen, NSN is mil issued aka "clone correct". Haven’t seen any clean P/N pics of the same. Plenty of high def pics in these photos!
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:46:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
My URGI keeping me company in the backyard tonight.
https://i.postimg.cc/VLGMWncB/5-FECB5-E3-F4-B4-42-D4-90-EF-8-AC0798-AB7-AE.jpg
View Quote

I’m loving that offset red dot. Just got my hands on a barely used Colt M4A1 Lower with a Geissele SSA-E, Gen 1 LMT SOPMOD stock, maritime bolt catch, and super buffer spring pre-installed. I’m going to set up my near clone almost exactly like yours. I’m struggling with deciding on the optic though . You had great company!
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:13:08 AM EDT
[#41]

These guys shopping at the BX for their tactical gear? Mizuno golf and Franklin batting gloves! Maybe they have a game over at MWR when the exercise is over?
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:30:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#43]
No NSN on these rails from todays range.
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
No NSN on these rails from todays range.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_1006_jpg-1435967.JPG

CD
View Quote

Thanks!

Laser P/N or blank?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#45]

Thanks!

Laser P/N or blank?
View Quote

Right rear Blank (No P/N or NSN)
Left rear Geissele info

CD
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#46]

Left rear Geissele info

CD
View All Quotes

Thanks!

Laser P/N or blank?

Left rear Geissele info

CD

Interesting, seems like all three varieties are in circulation.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 12:15:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FedSA] [#47]

Left rear Geissele info

CD
View Quote

Combat Diver,

Copy that. Thank you for uploading...Ive never seen a blank available for purchase from commercial retail source, so thats out for most of us.

As a transparent caveat, I did see one right side blank available, laser Geissele left side on either GunBroker or some platform for offer and it was advertised as some rare pre-production sample that was sent to the army for testing but never utilized or something that somehow made it out to secondhand market. Have never seen anything like it since. But again it didn't have a P/N or NSN and was advertised as a production sample, unavailable commercially.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks for the pics! Did you find out what gas block is Used?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Thanks for the pics! Did you find out what gas block is Used?
View Quote

Same as I posted before

CD
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#50]
I remember you stating you thought they were Geissele gas blocks, but wasn’t 100% sure...
Page / 263
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top