User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 262
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 11:40:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HammerForged:

@Chopion, how do you have yours times, I was thinking neutral. Also I know the SFMB will keep it flatter with less recoil, but does the Warcomp keep it on the Target shooting quickly?
View Quote

Yea warcomp does it's job just a little more recoil than the sfmb. Mine is timed neutral. My friend has his for right hand and I found it took it off target a little more than I'd like. All about timing it correctly
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:42:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By brx123:

Absolutely im happy i could help.

First pic is looking dead center of md notice the small gap between the sets of ports thats what i use to time mine 

https://i.imgur.com/QFmrAwu.jpg

Sec pic is of right side of md my last port is around 3 oclock

https://i.imgur.com/ex8kDuH.jpg

3rd pic left side of md

https://i.imgur.com/Cnpfiaf.jpg

If you need another angle or anything just let me know
View Quote

Thanks, those pics are what I needed to see.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:43:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Chompion:

Yea warcomp does it's job just a little more recoil than the sfmb. Mine is timed neutral. My friend has his for right hand and I found it took it off target a little more than I'd like. All about timing it correctly 
View Quote

Thanks for the input, bud.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:03:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By HammerForged:

Thanks, those pics are what I needed to see.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I actually like the DD stocks, and it's nice to see one in the wild every now and then.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 9:30:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I was under the impression that USASOC had already dropped the 14.5 URGI after the initial first batch showed up.

That's why you saw MK16 rails pop up for sale after being told for a year they would never be sold commercially outside of the complete uppers. Is that true?
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 9:54:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Wyominer:
I was under the impression that USASOC had already dropped the 14.5 URGI after the initial first batch showed up. 

That's why you saw MK16 rails pop up for sale after being told for a year they would never be sold commercially outside of the complete uppers. Is that true?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:04:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I was under the impression that USASOC had already dropped the 14.5 URGI after the initial first batch showed up. 

That's why you saw MK16 rails pop up for sale after being told for a year they would never be sold commercially outside of the complete uppers. Is that true?
View Quote

Not really. The kits were bought by the Military when they really shouldn't have been. They are to be used until exhausted. They could possibly buy more in the future.

Geissele just changed their mind about selling to the public. Now they sell 9.3", 10.5", 13.5", and 15.0" MK16s. They also have a modified version on their Super Duty rifles.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:22:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cone256] [#9]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

Not really. The kits were bought by the Military when they really shouldn't have been. They are to be used until exhausted. They could possibly buy more in the future.

Geissele just changed their mind about selling to the public. 
Now they sell 9.3", 10.5", 13.5", and 15.0" MK16s. They also have a modified version on their Super Duty rifles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Not really. The kits were bought by the Military when they really shouldn't have been. They are to be used until exhausted. They could possibly buy more in the future.

Geissele just changed their mind about selling to the public. 
Now they sell 9.3", 10.5", 13.5", and 15.0" MK16s. They also have a modified version on their Super Duty rifles.

Their plan was always to sell it, they just said they weren't so they could drive up the price and demand
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:11:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FONTY] [#10]
Weapon outfitters has some DD barrels in stock with pinned gas block, not cheap but if someone needs it. $349
https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/rifle-parts-components/ar-15-upper-receiver/barrels-gas-blocks-muzzle-devices/daniel-defense-gov-145-barrel.html#
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By FONTY:
Weapon outfitters has some DD barrels in stock with pinned gas block, not cheap but if someone needs it. $349
https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/rifle-parts-components/ar-15-upper-receiver/barrels-gas-blocks-muzzle-devices/daniel-defense-gov-145-barrel.html#
View Quote

Daniel defense had them in stock and delivered mine 72hrs after I ordered it.

Pic thread...getting close to having my 2nd URG-I done.

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 1:06:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#13]
What magnifier is that?
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By NCState85:
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I actually like the DD stocks, and it's nice to see one in the wild every now and then.  
https://i.imgur.com/Zrdxayt.png
View Quote

What magnifier is that? It doesn’t look like the G33
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By leerx:
What magnifier is that? It doesn’t look like the G33
View Quote

I think it's a Fde G33 without the rubber cover.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Do any of the Geissele URGI uppers still come with the DD mk12 gas block or do you have to order a barrel straight from DD to get it?
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By DoubleTap556:
Do any of the Geissele URGI uppers still come with the DD mk12 gas block or do you have to order a barrel straight from DD to get it?
View Quote

The Geissele built URG-Is have the Geissele gas block.

You have to build your own URG-I with a DD barrel that comes with their pinned LPGB to get a clone correct (and better fitting) gas block.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 7:43:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FONTY] [#18]
Originally Posted By DoubleTap556:
Do any of the Geissele URGI uppers still come with the DD mk12 gas block or do you have to order a barrel straight from DD to get it?
View Quote

That’s a good question, ever since they stopped making the clone upper wonder what comes on the near clone upper.
Edit- That makes sense the G gas block. Better off building your own clone correct upper now with the DD barrel & pinned gas block.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

That's a good question, ever since they stopped making the clone upper wonder what comes on the near clone upper.
Edit- That makes sense the G gas block. Better off building your own clone correct upper now with the DD barrel & pinned gas block.
View Quote

That's why I am building my 2nd URGI, it has the correct colt upper and correct gas block. I have one that almost clone correct with the g gas block.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:

That's why I am building my 2nd URGI, it has the correct colt upper and correct gas block. I have one that almost clone correct with the g gas block.
View Quote

Yeah it looks good, I really want your lower
I have the clone upper with the shaved MK12 gas block, once the barrel is done I’ll replace with the correct DD/pinned barrel.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:18:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#21]
Been off this forum for a little but the URGI's are still keeping me company.

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 8:11:10 PM EDT
[#23]
From what I understood the URGI were not on colt uppers. Someone I know in 5th group said he’s only seen FN F marked uppers, FN cage code uppers and mueller uppers so far. That was why I went mueller on all mine. Anyone got any other info on this?
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 8:18:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:
From what I understood the URGI were not on colt uppers. Someone I know in 5th group said he’s only seen FN F marked uppers, FN cage code uppers and mueller uppers so far. That was why I went mueller on all mine. Anyone got any other info on this?
View Quote

They are built on military uppers - so they could be Colt / FN / etc.  

The military gets the kits (barrels, gas blocks, rails, etc) and the armorers install it all.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 8:36:08 PM EDT
[#25]
From what I understood the URGI were not on colt uppers. Someone I know in 5th group said he’s only seen FN F marked uppers, FN cage code uppers and mueller uppers so far. That was why I went mueller on all mine. Anyone got any other info on this?
View Quote

URGI is a retrofit kit that doesn't come with an upper. It uses the upper of whatever is being retrofitted.

Its also possible that the kits are being built into brand new URGs using new uppers and BCGs in which case it could be by any cage code that provides the M4 upper NSN.

There are some pics some pages back of seemingly new URGIs with FN and Mueller uppers in commercial looking DD boxes. Whether they were assembled at DD or by some gov support activity, the post did not say.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Little bit of everything out there.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

I'm trying to upload everything identifiable in the original post.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:09:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Conner378:

https://i.postimg.cc/44KzFctK/0896-B1-FE-6-A57-4741-91-F2-F30-E8-CD219-F4.jpg
Little bit of everything out there.
View Quote

I remember seeing those pics posted as AF guys.  That Diemaco upper was the same I had AF issued on my new M4 in 2003-04 off the Colt Canada contract to Colt.  Since the URG-I is a rebuild on previously issued uppers we will see all these variations over time.  Makes cloning easier.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 4:26:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#29]
Originally Posted By imdBman:

I remember seeing those pics posted as AF guys.  That Diemaco upper was the same I had AF issued on my new M4 in 2003-04 off the Colt Canada contract to Colt.  Since the URG-I is a rebuild on previously issued uppers we will see all these variations over time.  Makes cloning easier.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By imdBman:

https://i.postimg.cc/44KzFctK/0896-B1-FE-6-A57-4741-91-F2-F30-E8-CD219-F4.jpg
Little bit of everything out there.

I remember seeing those pics posted as AF guys.  That Diemaco upper was the same I had AF issued on my new M4 in 2003-04 off the Colt Canada contract to Colt.  Since the URG-I is a rebuild on previously issued uppers we will see all these variations over time.  Makes cloning easier.

You know the picture would have been quoted wrong as the URGI is only procured by USASOC and issued to SF Command.

CD
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 11:05:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#30]
I have no MIL experience but it seems silly to strip a complete upper down to use the receiver. Why not just grab a new upper out of the bin and build the kit they sent to USASOC? That’s what made it make sense there were no colt uppers. And granted this is one guy in one place. Doesn’t account for every upper.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 12:19:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#31]
I have no MIL experience but it seems silly to strip a complete upper down to use the receiver. Why not just grab a new upper out of the bin and build the kit they sent to USASOC? That’s what made it make sense there were no colt uppers. And granted this is one guy in one place. Doesn’t account for every upper.
View Quote

Because technically its a URGI (upper reciever group improved) so it isnt always a complete upper but an "improvement" kit that doesnt include an upper reciever in the NSN

NSN-1005-01-671-3911 MODIFICATION KIT,GUN,WEAPON
M4A1 UPPER RECEIVER GROUP KIT,CONVERTS THE UPPER RECEIVER OF A M4A1 TO AN IMPROVED BARREL AND RAIL ASSEMBLY. KIT CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING ITEMS: (1) 1EA, MID-LENGTH GAS SYSTEM 14.5 INCH COLD HAMMER FORGED BARREL, WITH TAPERED PIN GAS BLOCK P/N: 07-077-07308, 1EA. (2) 14.5 MID-LENGTH GAS TUBE, P/N: 04-013-09401, 1 EA; (3) GAS TUBE, PIN SPRING, P/N 15-028-04094,1 EA; (4) CHARGING HANDLE (COYOTE), P/N: 05-664S, 1EA. (5) M-LOK HANDGUARD COYOTE, MARK 16 13.5 INCH, P/N: 05-650S, 1EA. (6) M-LOK ALUMINUM RAIL SECTION, 7 SLOTS-BLACK, P/N: MAG582-BLK, 3EA. (7) M-LOK QD SLING MOUNT BLACK, P/N: MAG606-BLK,1EA.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#32]
No I get that. What I meant was the kit shows up in a military  armors hands. Personally I would not go grab an old upper, strip it down just to use the upper basically (yes I know bcg and ch too) I would just grab a new contract upper, put the kit on it and call it a day.
That said I don’t know if they are allowed to just do that. Also what about the serial numbers being engraved on some. Those would be new upper receivers I would think.  This is all speculation
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#33]
No I get that. What I meant was the kit shows up in a military  armors hands. Personally I would not go grab an old upper, strip it down just to use the upper basically (yes I know bcg and ch too) I would just grab a new contract upper, put the kit on it and call it a day. 
That said I don’t know if they are allowed to just do that. Also what about the serial numbers being engraved on some. Those would be new upper receivers I would think.  This is all speculation
View Quote

It is a kit to "rebuild" their old URGs. I know that sounds ridiculous when they are replacing everything except the upper receiver assembly, bolt carrier group assembly, and muzzle device but it is what it is. They don't get to keep the old Block II URG and get a new URG-I, it doesn't work that way. What you would do or what I would do doesn't matter. This is the US Army we're talking about. They probably don't have a ton of upper receiver assemblies laying around anyway.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:25:01 PM EDT
[#34]
No I get that. What I meant was the kit shows up in a military  armors hands. Personally I would not go grab an old upper, strip it down just to use the upper basically (yes I know bcg and ch too) I would just grab a new contract upper, put the kit on it and call it a day. 
That said I don’t know if they are allowed to just do that. Also what about the serial numbers being engraved on some. Those would be new upper receivers I would think.  This is all speculation
View Quote

You trying to make sense...  that’s against the laws of physics for .mil
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:48:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#35]
I finished my Block II awhile back, and I'm not a fan of the weight, is there any reason why I shouldn't ditch my RIS II in in favor of a MK16?
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
I finished my Block II awhile back, and I'm not a fan of the weight, is there any reason why I shouldn't ditch my RIS II in in favor of a MK16?
View Quote

From the OP:

14.5" URG-I mass- 4 lb 3 oz (14.5" Block II with Govt profile barrel and same muzzle device is 4 lb 7 oz)

The MK16 is nearly as heavy as the RIS II, believe it or not.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:37:38 AM EDT
[#37]
I finished my Block II awhile back, and I'm not a fan of the weight, is there any reason why I shouldn't ditch my RIS II in in favor of a MK16?
View Quote

Weight wise, as the previous poster noted isn't much different.  The MK16 does feel better in the hand due to the narrower profile of the Mlok.  If I could only have one as a cool guy clone i'd go with the RIS II but if I could only have one as a functional rifle I'd go with the MK16.  Of course as we all know the correct answer is to get both.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ATravis11b:

Weight wise, as the previous poster noted isn't much different.  The MK16 does feel better in the hand due to the narrower profile of the Mlok.  If I could only have one as a cool guy clone i'd go with the RIS II but if I could only have one as a functional rifle I'd go with the MK16.  Of course as we all know the correct answer is to get both.
View All Quotes

Weight wise, as the previous poster noted isn't much different.  The MK16 does feel better in the hand due to the narrower profile of the Mlok.  If I could only have one as a cool guy clone i'd go with the RIS II but if I could only have one as a functional rifle I'd go with the MK16.  Of course as we all know the correct answer is to get both.

^^Yep
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Any news/scuttlebutt on 11.5"s getting fielded? And if is uses a different length rail? The other thread went to archives.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:
Any news/scuttlebutt on 11.5"s getting fielded? And if is uses a different length rail? The other thread went to archives.
View Quote

Nothing new that I've heard or told.

CD
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#41]
I made an image comparing the fit of the Mk12 gas block and the Daniel Defense low profile gas block. I don't have a Geissele gas block as sold on the commercial URG-Is so I couldn't include it, sorry. It is larger than the DD though. There may have been issued URG-Is with modified Mk12 gas blocks but I haven't seen any evidence of that.

Attachment Attached File

The DD is only available on complete barrels.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#42]
This is the Geissele Nitride gas block that came with the commercial

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:
Any news/scuttlebutt on 11.5"s getting fielded? And if is uses a different length rail? The other thread went to archives.
View Quote

Yeah it uses a different length rail since it has a 11.5 barrel it has the 10.5 rail.
Its an official kit that has an nsn but nobody has seen it fielded.

NSN 1005-01-684-1906
KIT, URG-I 11.5
11.5IN M4A1 UPPER RECEIVER GROUP KIT. CONVERTS THE UPPER RECEIVER OF A M4A1 TO AN IMPROVED BARREL AND RAIL ASSEMBLY. KIT CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
(1) 1EA, CARBINE LENGTH GAS SYSTEM 11.5 INCH COLD HAMMER FORGED BARREL AND GAS BLOCK ASSEMBLY, P/N: 07-077-07108,
(2) CARBINE LENGTH GAS TUBE WITH ROLL PIN, P/N: 04-013-18034, 1 SET;
(3) CHARGING HANDLE (COYOTE), P/N: 05-664S, 1EA
(4) M-LOK HANDGUARD COYOTE, MARK 16 10.5 INCH, P/N: 05-650S, 1EA.
(5) M-LOK ALUMINUM RAIL SECTION, 7 SLOTS-BLACK, P/N: MAG582-BLK, 3EA.
(6) M-LOK QD SLING MOUNT BLACK, P/N: MAG606-BLK, 1EA.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Yeah it uses a different length rail since it has a 11.5 barrel it has the 10.5 rail.
Its an official kit that has an nsn but nobody has seen it fielded.

View Quote

I haven't seen the 11.5 anywhere being called the URGI. I bought the 10.3 and 14.5 URGI and would like this one too. I did see a 11.5 Super duty though. Did Geisssele change the name or are they two different things?
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By splbass17:

I haven't seen the 11.5 anywhere being called the URGI. I bought the 10.3 and 14.5 URGI and would like this one too. I did see a 11.5 Super duty though. Did Geisssele change the name or are they two different things?
View All Quotes

Yeah it uses a different length rail since it has a 11.5 barrel it has the 10.5 rail.
Its an official kit that has an nsn but nobody has seen it fielded.

I haven't seen the 11.5 anywhere being called the URGI. I bought the 10.3 and 14.5 URGI and would like this one too. I did see a 11.5 Super duty though. Did Geisssele change the name or are they two different things?

There is the actual issued URG-Is. These are 14.5s and maybe 11.5s.

There are Geissele URG-Is. These are 14.5s, 11.5s, and 10.3s.

Then there are Geissele Duty and Super Duty rifles and URGs.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:46:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#46]

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By pezboytate:

From the OP:

14.5" URG-I mass- 4 lb 3 oz (14.5" Block II with Govt profile barrel and same muzzle device is 4 lb 7 oz)

The MK16 is nearly as heavy as the RIS II, believe it or not.

Interesting, if I were to ditch my SOCOM barrel in addition to the RIS I could shave 10-12oz I think, depending what on my barrel choice.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:11:11 PM EDT
[#47]

Interesting, if I were to ditch my SOCOM barrel in addition to the RIS I could shave 10-12oz I think, depending what on my barrel choice.
View All Quotes

From the OP:

14.5" URG-I mass- 4 lb 3 oz (14.5" Block II with Govt profile barrel and same muzzle device is 4 lb 7 oz)

The MK16 is nearly as heavy as the RIS II, believe it or not.

Interesting, if I were to ditch my SOCOM barrel in addition to the RIS I could shave 10-12oz I think, depending what on my barrel choice.

I think it would be about 8 ounces if you went from a heavy barrel 14.5 in RIS II URG to a 14.5 in URG-I.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:24:06 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

They have not offered an 11.5 clone, or near-clone.  

All of the parts however are available commercially, if you want to build your own, using the bill of materials posted above.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:00:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#49]
delete

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:02:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#50]
#2 URG-I

Page / 262
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top