Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 263
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 6:23:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Skrapmetal:
This year my wife bought a Ford Lightning project. She has been having me teach her all kinds of stuff... she knows how to change the belts, service the supercharger, replace her brakes... hell, she packed her own wheel bearings. This spring she is gonna learn how to replace an oil pan gasket.

And a few weeks ago she bought a stripped lower receiver, so now she has her own rifle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Skrapmetal:
Originally Posted By BMWBIKR:

Yeah, mine just took her CWP class and got her permit last month.  I made the mistake of showing her my RMR and mentioning that Glock made pistols that are made to mount them on the slide.  Guess what she's getting for her birthday!
This year my wife bought a Ford Lightning project. She has been having me teach her all kinds of stuff... she knows how to change the belts, service the supercharger, replace her brakes... hell, she packed her own wheel bearings. This spring she is gonna learn how to replace an oil pan gasket.

And a few weeks ago she bought a stripped lower receiver, so now she has her own rifle.
That's called winning, especially if she's truly interested.  I'm lucky in that my wife had a hard upbringing (by today's standards, especially).  Before she was ever allowed to drive alone, she had to rotate all four tires to prove that she could change one.  She's pretty mechanically savvy already.  We just need to find time that we can both go get some trigger time.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 6:29:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By splbass17:

If your a cloner, maybe wait to see which one is adopted by the gov... chance they both won't be, also chance they will eventually but we don't know yet. From what I read here, maybe I'm wrong, I'm seeing talk about laser MOA shifts on the 14.5 being put on hold and the 10.3 not even being close to adopting. 300 blk is ideal for an SBR round and suppressed, so I wouldn't personally keep a 5.56 and 300 blk shorty. I'd personally go 14.5 URGI RECCE role with a 1-6 and 9 inch 300 BLK CQB role.

p.s. I used to have the AAC 300 BLK complete rifle, it was so damn nice. You can buy just the upper, they have a Knights rail.
View Quote
Have to agree.  My avatar is my SBR .300 AAC MPW 9" that I bought as a complete upper.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 6:55:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BMWBIKR] [#3]
Originally Posted By Mr_Smiley:
Speaking of golden tickets, has anyone redeemed theirs yet?

How was the process?
View Quote
Easy but not instantaneous.  You sign it, scan and email to SF with your contact info in the email.  Then they call you back at their convenience.  For me, it was right at the end of everyone else getting their uppers and it took a few days for them to call on the suppressor, and another few days later for the light.  Then, it took a few weeks for the suppressor to ship and another few weeks for the light.

@Mr_Smiley
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Sleepym4:
Anyone running colt socom barrels on their 14.5?
View Quote
Yes sir, I have several colt 14.5's and one is the heavy socom profile
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#5]

How was the process?
View Quote
I need to look at mine and see if its cheaper than optics planet. I think its like 20 or 30 % off MSRP right? Figure MSRP is always crazy high, am I wrong?
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Easy but not instantaneous.  You sign it, scan and email to SF with your contact info in the email.  Then they call you back at their convenience.  For me, it was right at the end of everyone else getting their uppers and it took a few days for them to call on the suppressor, and another few days later for the light.  Then, it took a few weeks for the suppressor to ship and another few weeks for the light.

@Mr_Smiley
View All Quotes

How was the process?

@Mr_Smiley
You buy the suppressor directly from SF correct?
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Why does anyone buy anything from Optics Planet?  They have horrible CS and their shipping is not much better.  Don't get me started on their pricing/sales.  There are far better places to get things than from there.  Especially if you know where and how to look.

Also, you aren't going to find the lights the are available with the Golden Ticket at very many retailers, so buying direct from SF is best.  30% is a pretty good deal for either the RC or one of the Scout lights.  Yes it is off of retail, but SF does not allow their dealers to sell below MAP very often and especially on what the Golden Ticket offers.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Ill second the F optics planet. Best case scenario they drop ship your order and it takes weeks to ship. Worst case scenario they make you wait months then cancel your order unexpectedly. Or cancel your order because you used a coupon.

F Optics Planet
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Ill second the F optics planet. Best case scenario they drop ship your order and it takes weeks to ship. Worst case scenario they make you wait months then cancel your order unexpectedly. Or cancel your order because you used a coupon.

F Optics Planet
View Quote
Yep. Third downvote for opticsplanet. Ill never order anything from them again. They are truly horrible. I guess everyone has had the same experience.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Recce_Gear:
Why does anyone buy anything from Optics Planet?  They have horrible CS and their shipping is not much better.  Don't get me started on their pricing/sales.  There are far better places to get things than from there.  Especially if you know where and how to look.

Also, you aren't going to find the lights the are available with the Golden Ticket at very many retailers, so buying direct from SF is best.  30% is a pretty good deal for either the RC or one of the Scout lights.  Yes it is off of retail, but SF does not allow their dealers to sell below MAP very often and especially on what the Golden Ticket offers.
View Quote
Man I always had great CS with them. Chatted them the other day, asked about swapping my XH-30 for a X300U in tan. It was past the 30 day return period, about 65 days since I took delivery. They said sure, printed out the free return label and had my new light in a week. Never knew people don't like em' but that's good to keep in mind. I love their SF prices, got lots of scout lights through them for around $200 even w/ coupon.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#11]

F Optics Planet
View Quote
Damn bro, that sucks! Hasn't happened to me but now makes me nervous about trusting them. I always get their free shipping in about a week (I live in Nashville)
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Vapor-Trail:

Yep. Third downvote for opticsplanet. Ill never order anything from them again. They are truly horrible. I guess everyone has had the same experience.
View Quote
You guys are freaking me out! Haha
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By jeep450:

View Quote
Correct.

Follow the instructions on the Golden Ticket and it goes pretty smoothly.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#14]

You guys are freaking me out! Haha
View Quote
If its in stock and they ship right away you are fine.

Its all the other BS they pull thats the problem.

Example:

I once ordered a pelican case sent to continental US. It didn't ship. Called to find out why.

It was put on ITAR hold! I then had to fill out all this crap and jump through hoops for a plastic case. Who does that?

a pelican case. lol
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Just waiting on my barrel from adco
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Do you have pics a the 14.5 socom with the mk16 rail. Kind of like the accuracy of the socom barrels.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Is you Surefire mount anodized?
What barrel you going with?

Originally Posted By uniform64:
Just waiting on my barrel from adco
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4900/44415800950_df5d5759f7_b.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By west996:
Is you Surefire mount anodized?
What barrel you going with?
View Quote
It's an Arisaka Defense mount.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Optics planet won't even ship flash hiders or uppers with flash hiders on them to California. (they aren't even illegal here btw).

I've read about that ITAR bs for night sights!

The only thing you can count on is that they probably won't rip you off, but they sure do make PSA look like Amazon Prime.  It's amazing how fast a 12% discount causes people to lose their constitution.

Pic thread.

Link Posted: 12/8/2018 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Do you have pics a the 14.5 socom with the mk16 rail. Kind of like the accuracy of the socom barrels.
View All Quotes
It will look exactly the same.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 5:37:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uniform64] [#22]
It's an Arisaka Defense mount.

This! It’s a blem to boot!
The DD barrel that it came with
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#24]
HNNNNNNGGGGGGGH

Man idk who you shoot with, but you chose wisely.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#25]
HNNNNNNGGGGGGGH

View All Quotes
HNNNNNNGGGGGGGH

Marc has the coolest toys

Post vid
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 12:43:11 AM EDT
[#26]
I’m starting to debate whether or not I should switch my mbus pro sights to kac sights. It’s money I could put towards something else and the pics I’ve seen of test uppers has mbus sights on them.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 12:50:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By lowonair:
I’m starting to debate whether or not I should switch my mbus pro sights to kac sights. It’s money I could put towards something else and the pics I’ve seen of test uppers has mbus sights on them.
View Quote
The MBUS pros are good sights. I would only swap them if going for strict clone. Not that there are any to clone.....Lol....but they will have KAC BUIS/Matech as that's what's already in use by USASOC
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#28]
I got the 10.3" URGI, no NSN on the rail or the CH so I'm a bit disappointed, but I gotta say this Mk16 tube feels great in the hand. This might beat out the URX3 as my favorite rail.

Makes me regret not getting one to replace a Mk8 when I had the chance.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#29]
The MBUS pros are good sights. I would only swap them if going for strict clone. Not that there are any to clone.....Lol....but they will have KAC BUIS/Matech as that's what's already in use by USASOC
View All Quotes
I think I’ll get them eventually, but I think this build is about done until I jump into night vision.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 8:27:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jwk7443] [#30]
made a few changes to mine, good to go now.

Link Posted: 12/9/2018 9:59:04 PM EDT
[#31]

If its in stock and they ship right away you are fine.

Its all the other BS they pull thats the problem.

Example:

I once ordered a pelican case sent to continental US. It didn't ship. Called to find out why.

It was put on ITAR hold! I then had to fill out all this crap and jump through hoops for a plastic case. Who does that?

a pelican case. lol
View Quote
Ohh ok gotcha, good to know man
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
Sorry I may have misunderstood. I have the Knights 7-inch drop in on mine. It is accurate though, I don't measure the MOA stuff but with the Aimpoint 3x and Compm4s it is fist-sized at 300 m and I don't shoot slow.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By tonyxcom:
Optics planet won't even ship flash hiders or uppers with flash hiders on them to California. (they aren't even illegal here btw).

I've read about that ITAR bs for night sights!

The only thing you can count on is that they probably won't rip you off, but they sure do make PSA look like Amazon Prime.  It's amazing how fast a 12% discount causes people to lose their constitution.

Pic thread.

https://i.imgur.com/48fFjrK.jpg
View Quote
That's ghey bro. After college it was either Nashville or LA for me after growing up in NJ. Happy not to be in CA, they are so weird about our rights. Otherwise great economy and good times.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By jeep450:

View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
I would say fuck no.  The Mbus Pros are correct and the KAC sights are not really even good quality.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:44:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#36]
Originally Posted By samuse:

I would say fuck no.  The Mbus Pros are correct and the KAC sights are not really even good quality.  
View Quote

"Correct" according to whom? That's not even possible to know considering these URG-I kits haven't even made it to the field yet. At this point the KAC sights have a bigger chance of making it on the guns considering there are a sh*t ton of them in the system already.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Hard to say what's correct or not when they're arent any rifles to clone.

I wouldn't use magpul sights even if they end up being correct anyway
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:18:38 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
Oh boy, now you have gone and done it. KAC all the things.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
-4 for optics planet. Ordered a Samson magnifier they had "in stock" just to try it out. Took like 2-3 months to come in.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

"Correct" according to whom? That's not even possible to know considering these URG-I kits haven't even made it to the field yet. At this point the KAC sights have a bigger chance of making it on the guns considering there are a sh*t ton of them in the system already.
View Quote
I would say there's a better chance of SF not using BUIS before buying MBUS Pros.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Is today opposite day or something?

You guys gotta give me a heads up.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:38:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Alaskanforfreedom:

I would say there's a better chance of SF not using BUIS before buying MBUS Pros.
View Quote
^^^^
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

Nobody will really know until we see more in the wild, buy the KAC sights and if they use something different build a block II clone
for the leftover KAC BUIS
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 4:42:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#44]

View Quote
Even more truer

They're good sites but not necessary this day in age I think
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#45]
-4 for optics planet. Ordered a Samson magnifier they had "in stock" just to try it out. Took like 2-3 months to come in.
View Quote
Strange, I’ve ordered from them 8 or 9 times and never had any issues. Maybe I’m just not in a big hurry to get things. I just got a Geissele SSA from them for $138 shipped that said in the product listing that it was a 4-6 week lead time, but it arrived 17 days after I placed the order. The only long lead time item I had was a set of SIG P226 padded magazine baseplates that I couldn’t find anywhere (they were discontinued), but they were able to locate them in about a month or so.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:27:25 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
I believe in this very thread it was confirmed that mbus pros have been fielded. I'm not going to read through and try to find it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 12:32:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By HammerForged:
I believe in this very thread it was confirmed that mbus pros have been fielded. I'm not going to read through and try to find it.
View All Quotes

I know they’ve been in some of the pics I’ve seen here. That’s the only reason I used them. Well, I also pulled them off another rifle so I didn’t have to buy sights again.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 1:17:31 AM EDT
[#48]

I believe in this very thread it was confirmed that mbus pros have been fielded. I'm not going to read through
View Quote
Totally willing to eat crow on my claim.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 1:31:11 AM EDT
[#49]
What's been posted is pretty irrelevant for cloning fellas. Unless you want to clone the T&E guns
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 1:37:30 AM EDT
[#50]
What's been posted is pretty irrelevant for cloning fellas. Unless you want to clone the T&E guns
View Quote
Well, it’s the only thing to clone so far
Page / 263
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top