Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2017 12:19:08 PM EDT

This is my Grendel build using a Classic Arms barrel. I'm planning on using it for deer season but I was getting weird groups. So it looks like the polymer tips are getting beat up during chambering. The groups that show a decent group I dropped into the chamber one at a time and closed the bolt. When loading from the mag, the first round flies high and the rest shoot low. The only consistent group was the first group with a cold gun but still had the high flier...

Can I open my feed ramps with a file to elminate the impacts on the bullet tips?...
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Handload or factory ammo?

Do you notice if the bullet may be setback from autoloading out of mag?

Quality scope and mounted properly?
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 1:54:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not a fan of factory Hornady 123 SST ammo in either of my Grendel rifles.
Instead I have used the AA 129 SST, and I now use the Federal Fusion ammo.
My problem with the factory 123 SST is pierced primers, but it's funny that Amax, ELD, Fusion, and Wolf are fine.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 2:21:48 PM EDT
[#3]
129 gr sst over 30gr BLC2

loaded some to the top of the cannuler, shorter and the rest to the bottom making the slightly longer. it Def preferred the shorter...
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 2:28:37 PM EDT
[#4]
just did a closer inspection of the bullet feeding, looks like the center post in the feed ramp is burred at the top so it's giving the bullets a good scraping as they pass thru.. Going to work it with a file to see if I can knock that down
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top