Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/22/2017 10:11:36 AM EDT
Which would you rather put a law folder on?

AR15/300blk pistol lower or a glock mag ar9 lower? Both are pistol shockwaved for ease of travel considerations. And I have pistol uppers for .223, 300blk and the ar9.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Whichever has the shortest length upper.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#2]
All the same and i have cans for each type.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

4.5" Faxon barrel with ILWT mp5n style 3 lug and 3 lugged form 1 can. Fits backpacks, laptop bags, etc with mag inserted. Unfolded and with can attached it's the same length as my 10.5" 5.56s
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#4]
the 9mm would require machining the rear of  the bolt to accept the plug that connects the bolt carrier to the buffer... to make up for the distance occupied by the LAW mechanism... not that it is that hard...

my AR9 pistol has a 7 1/2" barrel with flash hider and KAK tube, no brace and is under 25"
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Most don't need machining, the weight in most is held in by a roll pin
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:38:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I looked into a 9mm LAW folder conversion, but my NFA hybrid bolt was solid...my PSA bolts have a roll pinned weight but would still have to be drilled for the connector plug as they are part of the total length of the bolt.. it would be a simple machine process, but I didn't really want to mess up a 9mm bolt experimenting , ..., I was trying for a compact firearm with an over match in hit quality out to 150m and decided that a 5.56 would be a better choice than 9mm....  built a 7.5" (and 10.5") 5.56 instead with the LAW folder and pistol length buffer tube... the 7.5 gave me 2" groups at 100m with a dot... can't see much better than that ..there were a couple of challenges to reduce the muzzle blast and noise but they worked out.... good luck
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top