Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2017 10:01:13 PM EDT
Just brought it home and opened it up, surprised to not find the C on the bcg or the white dot on the bolt.

Always used take off 6920 BCG's purchased second hand with the markings, did they stop doing this?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:03:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:20:37 AM EDT
[#2]
.....or like my 6920's box that clearly said "ambi safety" and CS said never offered except on SOCOMs so you're not missing anything.

I will buy Colts but I don't think they are what they once were....
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:35:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
.....or like my 6920's box that clearly said "ambi safety" and CS said never offered except on SOCOMs so you're not missing anything.

View Quote
Everyone says that, but Colt is exactly the same as they've always been.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#4]
The OEM 1 I bought in the spring didn't have a white dot on it. The Mexican marked 1 I bought last week did though
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Bolt is marked MPC. Not a big deal just curious. I know some have claimed of bcgs being swapped out by lgs but I bought it at cabelas and have no reason to think that the employees there would even gain anything from doing so.

only bad part is I was going to end up parting stuff out and feel like someone might say I’m trying to pedal a “fake” colt bcg.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#7]
With Colt these days, you have to expect inconsistencies. They are becoming the norm. This the case for a couple things. One of which are the FSBs. Some are F marked and some are not. Colt says that they are the same, regardless. They have six machines making these FSBs, but only two are still set up to produce F marked FSBs. This has been evidenced on some of the AR15A4s that have come out recently.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Everyone says that, but Colt is exactly the same as they've always been.
View Quote
Yeah, my A4 and 6720 both came with ambi-safeties.  Nothing on the box about it, lol.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#9]
All new production Colt BCG's and Bolts are not coming 'stamped' but instead electropencilled instead. Looks cheap and shit.

Seemed to happen around the time the uppers lost the C and got the CAGE code instead.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Sign of the times... Product quality just isnt what it used to be.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 5:13:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

FIFY
View Quote
No you didnt. Brand new uppers have CAGE code now. Same as Colt Canada have been doing for years.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:22:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are you sure you’re talking one in the same?   The ambi safety designation means the single sided safety can be pulled and flipped around to the other side (my favorite as a lefty).   The SOCOMs and AR15A4 rifles have the selector that’s short on one side and regular on the other (also reversible).
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:38:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bolt is marked MPC. Not a big deal just curious. I know some have claimed of bcgs being swapped out by lgs but I bought it at cabelas and have no reason to think that the employees there would even gain anything from doing so.

only bad part is I was going to end up parting stuff out and feel like someone might say I’m trying to pedal a “fake” colt bcg.
View Quote
Here’s my working theory.  I’ve bought several recently.  My 6920 last year had a very nice gray parked C stamped carrier. My 6920 Trooper has a more blackish parked carrier.  Bolts were both MPC.  I also picked up a SOCOM barreled Expanse...carrier was the same blackish park with a generic MP bolt.  Carrier on the Trooper and the Expanse are indistinguishable, down to nuanced tooling marks.

Info #2.  A retailer that was selling post bankrupt Colt Competition complete BCGs had descriptions/pictures that matched what came with the Expanse.  The part number the retailer referenced for their BCG could be traced back to an AO Precision BCG (AO lists Colt as a parts customer).

Theory...the current Colt carriers being found without the “c” are not in house made.  Rather, they are using up leftover AO Precision carriers from the Expanse line and throwing in a real MPC bolt.  Whether this is happening on all models or just “lesser” Colt models, I don’t know.   I don’t mean less as a bad thing...just not traditionally furnished/traditional model.   As cheap as the Trooper was, and as cheap as the OEM and Magpuls were being found for, i bet they were getting the non marked carriers.

Curious...was your Cabelas purchase Magpul or regular furniture model?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:50:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Here’s my working theory.  I’ve bought several recently.  My 6920 last year had a very nice gray parked C stamped carrier. My 6920 Trooper has a more blackish parked carrier.  Bolts were both MPC.  I also picked up a SOCOM barreled Expanse...carrier was the same blackish park with a generic MP bolt.  Carrier on the Trooper and the Expanse are indistinguishable, down to nuanced tooling marks.

Info #2.  A retailer that was selling post bankrupt Colt Competition complete BCGs had descriptions/pictures that matched what came with the Expanse.  The part number the retailer referenced for their BCG could be traced back to an AO Precision BCG (AO lists Colt as a parts customer).

Theory...the current Colt carriers being found without the “c” are not in house made.  Rather, they are using up leftover AO Precision carriers from the Expanse line and throwing in a real MPC bolt.  Whether this is happening on all models or just “lesser” Colt models, I don’t know.   I don’t mean less as a bad thing...just not traditionally furnished/traditional model.   As cheap as the Trooper was, and as cheap as the OEM and Magpuls were being found for, i bet they were getting the non marked carriers.

Curious...was your Cabelas purchase Magpul or regular furniture model?
View Quote
Good info and sounds reasonable, my friend has an expanse and I bet if I pulled his carrier it would look the same as mine (the non c marked carrier is not the dull gray as you described above)

i didnt get the magpul model, just the standard 6920 with m4 furniture.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Seems I may have spoke out of turn?

Serious?? I have not seen one. I'd be real interested in pics if anybody with one would care to post?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY
No you didnt. Brand new uppers have CAGE code now. Same as Colt Canada have been doing for years.
Seems I may have spoke out of turn?

Serious?? I have not seen one. I'd be real interested in pics if anybody with one would care to post?
I have not seen this either. The new Colt A4 i just got has the same C stamp and square as my other Colt upper

As far as the bcg, mine looks to have had a white dot (very very faint) and carrier is stamped
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:55:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top