User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 21
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
I said it in the last thread and I'll say it again, I fucking love this rifle!!  I will be building an exact replica btw, I have the lower just need the Rail and Barrel
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Mostly lurk but this is my first post on the AR-15 side But here she is!
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:39:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the retro vibe your rifle is throwing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

ETA:
@mhbaker81  Ah fuck it:
https://i.imgur.com/ON2KJOw.jpg

An older pic of a different FSP cutout build I have.  This build has evolved a little since then.  Another update when it is complete.
View Quote
Tex... I just noticed this update. Very cool that you are sporting elusive CMR rail with FSB cut on this build. I take it you had to make a few calls to get your hands on one. Love it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:24:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Here's the upper I built for someone else. It's a Lite Rail III/DDM4 9.0 rail modded into a FSP rail. It's a 5.56 with a 10.0" barrel. These rails were made to fit a carbine length FSB without bayonet lug or sling mount. I don't believe they will line up with a mid length FSB however. I encourage anyone who's building a rifle with a 9", 10", 12, or even a 15" rail with carbine FSB to pursue this mod.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138579/DSC-0339-188539.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138579/DSC-0338-188540.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138579/DSC-0336-188541.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138579/DSC-0337-188542.JPG
View Quote
Pez... this is awesome. I love the DDM4 rails, but you've taken them to a new level by mimicking the C4 cutout design. The best of both worlds!
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Tex... I just noticed this update. Very cool that you are sporting elusive CMR rail with FSB cut on this build. I take it you had to make a few calls to get your hands on one. Love it.
View Quote
@mhbaker81,
Yeah I called up and ordered it when they were doing a run of them.  Corrie at Centurion was a pleasure to deal with.

It's a 14.5".  I am in the market for a better pinned muzzle device than the A2x.  Right now I am debating between a Precision Armament EFAB or a Noveske KX3.  I have always wondered if a KX3 pinned on a 14.5 would be a good set-up.  Primarily my hope would be that it's okay at supressing flash (on a longer barrel of course) but also directs the blast forward thus reducing perceived sound to the shooter and those to the side.  But I will need to put a KX3 on a different gun and try it out a while before I take that leap.

In theory I'd like that Centurion to be my masterpiece.  ETA: I think the KX3 pinned to it would look sick, but it has to provide the type of performance described above.  Looks aren't everything.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I said it in the last thread and I'll say it again, I fucking love this rifle!!  I will be building an exact replica btw, I have the lower just need the Rail and Barrel
View Quote
When my Can gets out of purgatory I will update with pics of the rifle with the Saker.

I have also added a Meprolight RDS to this setup.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:31:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:57:49 AM EDT
[#9]
My ultimate carbine build.  This is yet another one I called "my last" AR15.  RRA chrome lined lightweight barrel and chromed bolt.  RRA trigger.  I don't remember who made the quad rail but I may yet change that out someday for the newer rails with the fixed top rail and "adjustable" mounting place side/bottom rails.  That quad rail with the guards over them is fat in my hand.  The optic is a SUIT.  I have them on a couple carbines and will buy another one, or two, if I run across them at a good price like the two I have.  It also has a 650 lumen Olight on it now, too.

My 20" HBAR clone with a 3X9 Nikon BDC scope on it.  Chrome lined barrel with a RRA trigger and A2 stock (may change that out for an A1 stock someday (have one left) but then I'd either have to strip the paint or try to get the butt stock to match the rest of it.  The cat was loving all over it, like they always do when I pull one out of the case.

Last kit I got from PSA.  I've already taken the Aimpont off it and put a 1X4 scope on it.  Not sure where the Aimpoint will end up but it's not something that works, for me, for shooting small groups.  I've had it on a couple other rifles over the years and I end up replacing it with a scope and the groups get better.

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:56:59 AM EDT
[#10]
One that has since been changed around.

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:10:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How do I dye my FDE furniture to that neat star wars brown?
View Quote
I used the Dark Brown liquid dye (not Cocoa Brown). I don't recall how long it was in though... you'll just have to pull it and check every so often.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#13]
DD Omega X rail.  16" carbine gas barrel.

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#16]
The way the m4a1 should have been
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
I agree. Very Nice. Is that an Aero branded Centurion C4 rail?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Rainier Arms marked C4.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Rainier Arms marked C4.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rainier Arms marked C4.
Ah. Makes sense. The mountain or the A. One of them had to be right.

Very cool. Haven't seen too many of these out there. I have a BCM branded C4 on a recce build of mine, but I feel those are more common.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#22]
First post! Hope I did it right!?Never used Imgur.

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/QRff1TS.jpg
View Quote
Looks good. Welcome to arfcom. Added props for owning a Centurion rail.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:31:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Looks good. Welcome to arfcom. Added props for owning a Centurion rail.
View Quote
Thanks. It's also got Centurion 16in LW barrel. Rest of the barrel is hiding inside the F1 reflex can.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Larue in the house! Nice builds.
View All Quotes
Thanks. I do have two complete Larue rifles, but they don't have fixed FSBs for this thread.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:53:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:07:03 AM EDT
[#29]
That is sick. Paint job is almost like multicam tropic. Well done. I love the C4 / Magpul RVG combo, as well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:06:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/QRff1TS.jpg
View Quote
If your first post is a pic of a free floated FSB, you're starting off on the right foot.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:08:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Thanks. I do have two complete Larue rifles, but they don't have fixed FSBs for this thread.
View Quote
If they made a predatobr with a FF FSB I would be on that like stink on shit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:44:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll toss in mine... 16" Daniel defense barrel assembly, spikes upper and lower, DD rear sight, Haley strategic light mount with surefire 6PX tactical

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'll toss in mine... 16" Daniel defense barrel assembly, spikes upper and lower, DD rear sight, Haley strategic light mount with surefire 6PX tactical

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/259822/IMG-7289-190847.JPG
View Quote
Very nice. I also have a non-FSB build with a 12" Troy MRF Rail. The design for how it clamps on is extremely intuitive. Dare I say, and at risk of a public beatdown, just slightly better than Centurion's C4 clamp on design. Major downside to the Troy is the weight. All factors considered, C4 wins the day in my book. Still a fan of Troys, though. Especially when they go on sale for $99 with free shipping a Primary Arms!
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:07:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Very nice. I also have a non-FSB build with a 12" Troy MRF Rail. The design for how it clamps on is extremely intuitive. Dare I say, and at risk of a public beatdown, just slightly better than Centurion's C4 clamp on design. Major downside to the Troy is the weight. All factors considered, C4 wins the day in my book. Still a fan of Troys, though. Especially when they go on sale for $99 with free shipping a Primary Arms!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/259822/IMG-7289-190847.JPG
ETA...

Just realized that is a Troy Bravo rail you have there. Guessing that the one piece design cuts down on weight. How do you like it?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

ETA...

Just realized that is a Troy Bravo rail you have there. Guessing that the one piece design cuts down on weight. How do you like it?
View Quote
I have no problem with recommending the physical handguard. It is very solid. I bought that lower a couple days before sandy hook and built that rifle back in 2013, took me the entire year to build it
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:22:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have a Troy on one of mine, too. Now planning a Centurion C4 for another 6920.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Still have this thread going:
FSB thread

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:27:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I need to jump on that list to get one of those cutout rails from Centurion. Looks sharp.
View Quote
@Charlie_Foxtrot

I just sent a follow-up to check on the eta for these. To my surprise, I had an unread email from Corrie in my box. After my inquiry, Monty is now looking at reducing the size of the FSB pocket for a more aesthetically pleasing look (the previous version had about an inch of dead space to the front of the FSB). In my opinion, this would be an great improvement and I will be first in line for purchase. I'll let you know what they say as far as dates go.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:34:59 AM EDT
[#40]
There's definitely more builds out there. Let's see some pics, people!

@Stickman

Care to lend us some credibility with your incredible builds an superior photography skills?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

@Charlie_Foxtrot

I just sent a follow-up to check on the eta for these. To my surprise, I had an unread email from Corrie in my box. After my inquiry, Monty is now looking at reducing the size of the FSB pocket for a more aesthetically pleasing look (the previous version had about an inch of dead space to the front of the FSB). In my opinion, this would be an great improvement and I will be first in line for purchase. I'll let you know what they say as far as dates go.
View Quote
I wonder if that extra space was there for clearance for a IR laser. If there is a list or something or if I need to pay a deposit let me know.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:50:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I wonder if that extra space was there for clearance for a IR laser. If there is a list or something or if I need to pay a deposit let me know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Charlie_Foxtrot

From their response, it sounded like it was just a flaw in the design...

OK...well, I talked to Monty and he's going to look at the feasibility of reducing the pocket length in front of the FSP, as he agrees, from a cosmetic perspective, he's always thought it would look better.  We shall see...requires a programming change.

I'll let you know if I get an eta.

Back to the pics!
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Some more pics of your precious out in the wild. Love it. Still waiting for the matching paint job on your furniture.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#45]
How's that GDI mount for the TA33? It looks crazy low in those pictures.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:38:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Some more pics of your precious out in the wild. Love it. Still waiting for the matching paint job on your furniture.
View Quote
Started planting corn this week (planting corn right now as I type this ). So next rainy day when I get time I think I'll finally do it.

Hopefully I can get it to match the rest of the rifle...
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

How's that GDI mount for the TA33? It looks crazy low in those pictures.
View Quote
I love it, it does look like it sits low. It works for me though, YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#48]
I have two. Both with Midwest Industries gen 2 free float rails. 

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

https://s27.postimg.org/jt9ptpmhf/IMG_3220.jpg

https://s21.postimg.org/78izc2lvb/IMG_3228.jpg
View Quote
I'm digging the MWI FSP rail.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://s27.postimg.org/jt9ptpmhf/IMG_3220.jpg

https://s21.postimg.org/78izc2lvb/IMG_3228.jpg
They're great rails for the money. And I'm a huge fan of FSP cutout rails. 
Page / 21
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top