User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 115
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 7:38:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

that was my fav looking H setup I had...but the Recce rail gave me shifting zero. evenry time i too it off and went with an upper mount, the issues went away..... :(. I eventually went to a 1.4" Unimount by badger and I'm done chasing dragons. Sometimes I miss the ACE, sometimes not. it was craptastic and always shot loose.....but I did put like 2500rnds through my H from 2015-2019.

Looks so good man. dont sell it.
View Quote

I'm curious about your shifting zero... The recce rail clamps up like a mofo on the upper, I'm surprised you had this issue. Do you think your hand guard might have been loose?
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 8:55:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Will816:

I'm curious about your shifting zero... The recce rail clamps up like a mofo on the upper, I'm surprised you had this issue. Do you think your hand guard might have been loose?
View Quote
nope, it def wasnt. i tried it with different optics and setups. it was always the recce rail. very sad. id assume its flexing of forearm that throws it off.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:35:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#3]

that was my fav looking H setup I had...but the Recce rail gave me shifting zero. evenry time i too it off and went with an upper mount, the issues went away..... :(. I eventually went to a 1.4" Unimount by badger and I'm done chasing dragons. Sometimes I miss the ACE, sometimes not. it was craptastic and always shot loose.....but I did put like 2500rnds through my H from 2015-2019.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

NF A107's you'll see quite a bit in the photos in this thread as the others already eluded to.  Working out excellent for me on my H with recce rail and Leup Mk4 3.5-10.  Perfect height imo.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/20210709_210318_jpg-2083257.JPG

Much appreciated.  I just swapped scopes out (likely just temporarily).  Trying out a 3-9 that came off a SAM-R.  I REALLY like the 3.5-10 but was bored and figured what the hell.  If I don't like it I'll swap it back.  Def hanging onto this one for sure!

Edit/addon: Some day I'd love to find some pic rails for this one that are the older style (non-beveled ends and no PRI USA marks).  But am not sweating it.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 2:24:46 AM EDT
[#4]
nope, it def wasnt. i tried it with different optics and setups. it was always the recce rail. very sad. id assume its flexing of forearm that throws it off.
View Quote

I haven't shot mine in a while, but I've noticed zero shift on my setup as well.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

I haven't shot mine in a while, but I've noticed zero shift on my setup as well.
View All Quotes

Mine doesn't group for shit but found the front screw of the top rail on the handguard was pressing on the gas block. I took the screw out and shortened it but I don't remember if I tried shooting it after doing so. I think I even tried without the recce rail and got the same results.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Mine doesn't group for shit but found the front screw of the top rail on the handguard was pressing on the gas block. I took the screw out and shortened it but I don't remember if I tried shooting it after doing so. I think I even tried without the recce rail and got the same results.
View All Quotes

Oof!  I'm gonna go check mine for that before taking it out this weekend.  Prob would be good measure for me to just check every screw on the damn thing for security before rolling out.  How many threads you reckon you trimmed off the screw?  Curious how much it was pressing on the block.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Oof!  I'm gonna go check mine for that before taking it out this weekend.  Prob would be good measure for me to just check every screw on the damn thing for security before rolling out.  How many threads you reckon you trimmed off the screw?  Curious how much it was pressing on the block.
View All Quotes

I think I took about 2 threads off.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

Just checked mine and sure enough, the second screw for the top pic rail is about a hair off the top of the GB.  No doubt that when the barrel whips it is hitting the GB. Gonna remove a couple threads with the Dremel.

Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Just checked mine and sure enough, the second screw for the top pic rail is about a hair off the top of the GB.  No doubt that when the barrel whips it is hitting the GB. Gonna remove a couple threads with the Dremel.

Thanks for the heads up.
View All Quotes

Thanks for the heads up.

Mine has a nice spot beaten on the top of the gb.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

Thanks for the heads up.

LOL!  I'm about to pull the rail on mine so I'll take a look at the top of the GB.  I've only got about a hundred rounds through my H so far though.  But will look for any black eyes it may have.  

Given the number of revisions PRI has made to this handguard since it's inception, maybe this will give them an excuse to make a gen 4 tube.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#11]

LOL!  I'm about to pull the rail on mine so I'll take a look at the top of the GB.  I've only got about a hundred rounds through my H so far though.  But will look for any black eyes it may have.  

Given the number of revisions PRI has made to this handguard since it's inception, maybe this will give them an excuse to make a gen 4 tube.
View All Quotes

Thanks for the heads up.

With that screw out you should be able to see through the hole to check for damage.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:15:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Much appreciated.  I just swapped scopes out (likely just temporarily).  Trying out a 3-9 that came off a SAM-R.  I REALLY like the 3.5-10 but was bored and figured what the hell.  If I don't like it I'll swap it back.  Def hanging onto this one for sure!

Edit/addon: Some day I'd love to find some pic rails for this one that are the older style (non-beveled ends and no PRI USA marks).  But am not sweating it.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/SmartSelect_20211119-203315_Photos_jpg-2173808.JPG
View Quote

pm me...I got my brother who tig welds with anno friendly wire to do this job for guys. he removes the front bevels and pri amd usa. ;)

-years and years ago i found the screw and gb issue...shaved down the screw and gb a bit to get Clarence. every PRI rail needs it done too....soo dumb.
-im tellin yall, the recce rail sucks lol. got thousands of rnds through that H. IK what she like.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I put this together with sort of a nod to the Holland.  If it doesn't fit here, just let me know.  
Component List:
Lower:
Form 4 Daniel Defense SBR
Geissele SD-E
Geissele Maritime Bolt Catch
Magpul CTR + Pad
BCM Grip

Upper:
BCM Upper Receiver
Colt M4 SOCOM Barrel, shaved FSB
Daniel Defense MFR 12.0
Colt BCG
PRI Gasbuster w/flat latch
AAC M4-2000 on 51T 3-prong
Surefire m600DF on IWC mount
IWC Sling QD Socket
Arca Swiss Tripod Mount

Optics:
Leupold Mk4 MR/T 3.5-10 M3 Mil-Dot
Trijicon RM06 Type 2
Reptilia Mount

Link Posted: 11/24/2021 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#14]
nah, just the optic is correct, thats it. too cloney in here...but the RECCE thread wont beat ya up for it.

u wanna sell that 3.5-10?

Link Posted: 11/24/2021 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#15]
nah, just the optic is correct, thats it. too cloney in here...but the RECCE thread wont beat ya up for it.

u wanna sell that 3.5-10?

View Quote

Not really, but maybe

Did I get it from you?  I got it from someone here back in spring.  I like it, but lately been thinking of going to either a TA31 with the RMR or maybe sell both and just a Kahles 1-6 up top.  I've had an NX8 and wasn't enthralled.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Bullseye_Doc_Holiday:
I put this together with sort of a nod to the Holland.  If it doesn't fit here, just let me know.  
Component List:
Lower:
Geissele SD-E
Magpul CTR + Pad
BCM Grip

Upper:
BCM Upper Receiver
Daniel Defense MFR 12.0
Colt BCG
IWC Sling QD Socket
Arca Swiss Tripod Mount

Optics:
Trijicon RM06 Type 2
Reptilia Mount

https://i.imgur.com/iYkUZC1.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/K9U9VJL.jpg
View Quote

You almost have the correct optic for a Holland, other than that I don't think anything is right. I'd probably sell that optic to cloners and move on to something better like you suggested (atacr, razor, kahles etc.).
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

This really hurts my soul... but it confirms my suspicion that i need to run mine without it.

Is this common or kind of a rare thing?
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:46:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jlrick2336] [#18]
That’s quite strange that a solid set up gave you zero shift.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:13:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Bullseye_Doc_Holiday:
Component List:
Lower:
Geissele SD-E
Magpul CTR + Pad
BCM Grip

Upper:
BCM Upper Receiver
Daniel Defense MFR 12.0
Colt BCG
IWC Sling QD Socket
Arca Swiss Tripod Mount

Optics:
Trijicon RM06 Type 2
Reptilia Mount

https://i.imgur.com/iYkUZC1.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/K9U9VJL.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#20]

With that screw out you should be able to see through the hole to check for damage.
View All Quotes

Thanks for the heads up.

I pulled the H out this morning for something so I decided to snag a pic of the gas block. As you can see, it was beating the gb up quite a bit.

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 3:23:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#21]
Originally Posted By Brandonbeezy:

This really hurts my soul... but it confirms my suspicion that i need to run mine without it.

Is this common or kind of a rare thing?
View Quote
common as in every time i tried it, the issues came back. the ony thing worse was the LT-104's I Tried.

i think its because i shoot mine enough to see trends and issues. if it isnt sub moa something is wrong. if the zero moves, things are getting swapped till it doesnt.

2500+ rnds out of this $200 Clone boy SPECTRE PRECISION marked WOA.....this is what i require. the top group has one "flier" that is actually the cold bore shot. wanted to make sure it was gonna be higher since its winter now, and it was.

Link Posted: 11/26/2021 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Any of you run an offset mrds on your H, and if so, what configurations have you tried and liked?

I snagged a Docter piggy back ring mount and also an AMS extended offset mount with the protective wing mount.  Am gonna play with both this weekend at the range.  Curious what others have tried.

Just mounted the AMS to have it ready for the weekend.  Obviously one mount will be going back in the parts bin but have both on currently just to try them out.

I like the offset in some ways but like the top/piggy back moreso, but haven't shot with either yet so that may change.

That said, if I had a Predator mount I wouldn't even be posting this, other than posting a pic of celebration

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#23]
My Mod H debut. Just waiting on the can now...

Link Posted: 12/8/2021 7:51:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Which model NF is that? Needs paint, the scope mount and ss barrel stand out. Looks good
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 5:20:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gdavis8] [#25]
Originally Posted By F150Lightning:
Which model NF is that? Needs paint, the scope mount and ss barrel stand out. Looks good
View Quote

It's the 2.5-10x32.

Yeah the anno on the G mount is a bit flashy. Got a KAC on the way that should solve that.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By gdavis8:

It's the 2.5-10x32.

Yeah the anno on the G mount is a bit flashy. Got a KAC on the way that should solve that.
View Quote

is that scope in MOA or MIls?
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Texas97:

is that scope in MOA or MIls?
View Quote

Mils w/ mil dot reticle
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 11:42:33 PM EDT
[#28]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/SmartSelect_20211119-203315_Photos_jpg-2173808.JPG
View Quote
my brother tig welds the new style to old style rails :) . pm me. he uses anno friendly wire, but u can just spray em FDE and ur set. he only grinds the modded area so most of it will be fde

Link Posted: 12/10/2021 11:47:51 PM EDT
[#29]
my brother tig welds the new style to old style rails :) . pm me. he uses anno friendly wire, but u can just spray em FDE and ur set. he only grinds the modded area so most of it will be fde

View All Quotes

PM sent.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#30]
replied with pics of rails hes done for guys, and info. :)

Link Posted: 12/12/2021 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#31]

H is for Happy Hollanday's ya'll
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Jump boots...really?

Did you get bored w/ the URX 4?
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Jump boots...really?

View Quote
comfiest boots ever. love my Corcorans.

yeah wayyyyy bored. went to the 3?1 and loved it but wasnt mk12, so its in an ACOG'd 14.5" setup that i love. I got this off the EE awhile back. havent painted it yet.......should i???
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#35]

yeah wayyyyy bored. went to the 3?1 and loved it but wasnt mk12, so its in an ACOG'd 14.5" setup that i love. I got this off the EE awhile back. havent painted it yet.......should i???
View All Quotes
Jump boots...really?

My favorites were my green jungles. I had gone through 3 or 4 soles before they banned them when we went to ACUs.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:24:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#36]

My favorites were my green jungles. I had gone through 3 or 4 soles before they banned them when we went to ACUs.
View Quote
yes also agree. remember the ones with the jungle soles?!  Looked like     |/ |/ |/ |/ |/ |/       hahah i shoulda kept a set of them. loved me some jungles. I just got a brand new set of panama green jungles that i have to break in.

-the farm is a local to my old home's family farm. its awesome. i can get about 400 yds at the top of the hill to the stone/dirt pile. I can crack off the PU Sniper and they dont care much. its a great place to walk n shoot.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#37]
yes also agree. remember the ones with the jungle soles?!  Looked like     |/ |/ |/ |/ |/ |/       hahah i shoulda kept a set of them. loved me some jungles. I just got a brand new set of panama green jungles that i have to break in.

-the farm is a local to my old home's family farm. its awesome. i can get about 400 yds at the top of the hill to the stone/dirt pile. I can crack off the PU Sniper and they dont care much. its a great place to walk n shoot.
View All Quotes

Yup, those were the ones I went to when I wore out the first set. They were like walking on clouds.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#38]
YES!! i had at least 2 pair from the surplus store off post lol.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#39]
YES!! i had at least 2 pair from the surplus store off post lol.
View Quote

The only thing I didn't like with them is if it was icy or snowy and you were on a sidehill. There was NO sideways traction with those bitches.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#40]

The only thing I didn't like with them is if it was icy or snowy and you were on a sidehill. There was NO sideways traction with those bitches.
View Quote

So exactly like the current boots?
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wissota4:

No idea, my last time wearing combat boots was in 2013.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#42]
I’m looking at doing a lighter build somewhat inspired by the MK12-0 and I have a few questions about the PRI handguards.  First, regarding the Gen 2 vs Gen 3, does anyone have an actual, measured weight on each?  The mfr website lists each at 1.03 pounds or 16.5oz all up.  Is this accurate, including barrel nuts and included rails?
Second, cloning requirements aside, what are the pluses and minuses of the Gen 2 vs Gen 3?  Thanks, I was unable to find any real info on this.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#43]
finally added some rattle rattle to the forearm and mount. Been using this pattern for years, and i still got it. carbon on the fingers will finish off the blend in after its dry.

Link Posted: 12/21/2021 10:18:52 PM EDT
[#44]
finally added some rattle rattle to the forearm and mount. Been using this pattern for years, and i still got it. carbon on the fingers will finish off the blend in after its dry.

https://i.postimg.cc/rmBsHZNF/IMG-20211221-210132.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/xdFcv1km/IMG-20211221-210140.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/JnDtPCJ2/USER-SCOPED-TEMP-DATA-MSGR-PHOTO-FOR-UPLOAD-1640138754224-6879240537398136773.jpg

View Quote

Looks great as usual. Thinking about painting mine but I have a hard time painting my unpainted mk4, incase I want to move it later on.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

Looks great as usual. Thinking about painting mine but I have a hard time painting my unpainted mk4, incase I want to move it later on.
View Quote
thx mannn, this scheme is my jam!

for my mk4, I paid $900 and it was CHERRY.....and i didnt paint it for a bit. its just gotta be done lol. i wish mine was ill but im hoping one day the custom shop reopens and i can have it swapped over.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 10:59:25 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

https://i.postimg.cc/JnDtPCJ2/USER-SCOPED-TEMP-DATA-MSGR-PHOTO-FOR-UPLOAD-1640138754224-6879240537398136773.jpg

Citristrip turns Kryon and Rustoleum into its bitch and you'll never notice it was once painted. I stripped a scope I bought off of a friend and all I did was run water over it after it sat for a little bit. The stuff in the corners just rubbed off with my fingers.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 11:05:26 PM EDT
[#47]

Citristrip turns Kryon and Rustoleum into its bitch and you'll never notice it was once painted. I stripped a scope I bought off of a friend and all I did was run water over it after it sat for a little bit. The stuff in the corners just rubbed off with my fingers.
View All Quotes

Citristrip is wonderful.  I started using it after these guys in this thread recommended it.  This scope had about 4 or 5 coats of various Rustoleum until Citrstrip....

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/21/2021 11:05:38 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Yea I know I use it all the time, but right now I can say it's "unpainted" lol. I've been considering going to an atacr is why I haven't committed. If I decide not to then its getting sprayed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 11:08:44 PM EDT
[#49]

Yea I know I use it all the time, but right now I can say it's "unpainted" lol. I've been considering going to an atacr is why I haven't committed. If I decide not to then its getting sprayed.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 12/22/2021 9:02:35 AM EDT
[#50]
is it a ts-30 or 2.5-8 ill? what scope u tryin to not paint?
Page / 115
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top