User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 115
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheShlouf:
Looks like another minty gen 3 socom going to waste. You hate to see it.

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I could use one of those too.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TheShlouf:
Looks like another minty gen 3 socom going to waste. You hate to see it.

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Figured I'd mock it up while waiting on an upper parts kit, long bottom rail, and some other miscellaneous parts. Really wanted to run a tan MK4 from an M110 on this one but too many irons in the fire right now. I missed the Russian Paint Hyrdamatic lower pre-order by just a couple hours so I'm gonna have to figure out something different there.

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 03CR:
Figured I'd mock it up while waiting on an upper parts kit, long bottom rail, and some other miscellaneous parts. Really wanted to run a tan MK4 from an M110 on this one but too many irons in the fire right now. I missed the Russian Paint Hyrdamatic lower pre-order by just a couple hours so I'm gonna have to figure out something different there.

https://i.imgur.com/JBisjzDh.jpg
View Quote

Looking damn good already!  Really like the SOPMOD stock on these.  Nice scope btw.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 10:35:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Need a few more small pieces but she's getting pretty close.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 1:17:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

Looking damn good already!  Really like the SOPMOD stock on these.  Nice scope btw.
View Quote

Thank you, sir!
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Gonna try out the 3.5-10 on the H this weekend.  The 3.5-10 is a damn fine scope and something about it just feels better than the 2.5-8, and not even talking magnification.  In the end I may wind up with a 3.5-10 on both mod 0 and H.

So looking forward to getting my GM lower from Russian Paint in the next few weeks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 7:35:52 AM EDT
[#8]
It's not clone perfect but I picked up my AEM5 yesterday and I'm excited to get out and shoot it one evening this week.

Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Page 93 killing it so far.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:28:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/261626/20210417_103157_jpg-1908062.JPG
View Quote

Finally!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 8:01:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By BigBoss01:

Finally!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigBoss01:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/261626/20210417_103157_jpg-1908062.JPG

Finally!!!

Link Posted: 4/22/2021 9:19:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#13]
This page is outta control. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 12:17:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Found a cool mk11 surplus case today. Not quite clone legit but the price was right so I picked it up. Makes me wish I got in on the bore guide order.

Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I’ve been pursuing this one for quite some while. Finally got the upper built. Test fire will be this weekend.

Still deciding on the optic, need to get the can, and also am thinking of putting an LRA bipod on it instead of the Harris.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Sweet! Which FDE barrel is that?
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ctres94:
View Quote

PRI Douglas 1/8
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:

PRI Douglas 1/8
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ctres94:

PRI Douglas 1/8

I have a PRI Douglas FDE 1/8 as well, shoots better than me.  Have a Bergara on backorder that I'm anxious to compare.  

Nice build btw.  SOPMOD stocks look great on the H.  Though so does the SOCOM, CTR, etc.  LOL, it all looks great on the H!
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:29:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KILLERB6] [#19]
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 3:21:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#20]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
Leupold Mark 4 Long Range Tactical M2 Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 3.5-10x 40mm Illuminated TMR Reticle Dark Earth

Cloneworthy?
View Quote

IDK specifics as far as reticles, battery cap, scope body, etc, but it looks the part.

Edit: lancecriminal answered it in the original MK12 thread.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:10:46 AM EDT
[#21]
I’m torn on optics. I don’t see the point of doing a 1-6 or even 1-8 since I run a 1-6 on my regular carbine.

Should I fo on the 3.5-10 from midway? Seems like a great price from what I’ve seen them go for. Aside from turrets, any reason to go with an older 3.5-10? Any reason to go off the rails and do or wait for something else to be seen cloneworthy?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#22]
I’m torn on optics. I don’t see the point of doing a 1-6 or even 1-8 since I run a 1-6 on my regular carbine.

Should I fo on the 3.5-10 from midway? Seems like a great price from what I’ve seen them go for. Aside from turrets, any reason to go with an older 3.5-10? Any reason to go off the rails and do or wait for something else to be seen cloneworthy?
View Quote

The only 1-8 I'd run on the H is an ATACR (I ran an NX8 for a bit). Otherwise 3.5-10. I'm not sure if the midway one is 100% correct for an H, but its probably close enough and a good deal. Plus you get M2 turrets. I thought hard about foing yesterday even though I already have a 3.5-10.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#23]
I pulled the trigger. I thought about going with an NXS or a SHV. But even then I’m past the price from midway. Seemed like no reason not to do it, so I did it.

Now I just have to decide on the mount and whether I want to use the recce rail.

I know the rail is so you can use rings and a non cantilevered mount to get proper eye relief, but what if I don’t have the mount yet? Any reason to use a cantilevered mount or the rings plus recce rail?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#24]
I pulled the trigger. I thought about going with an NXS or a SHV. But even then I’m past the price from midway. Seemed like no reason not to do it, so I did it.

Now I just have to decide on the mount and whether I want to use the recce rail.

I know the rail is so you can use rings and a non cantilevered mount to get proper eye relief, but what if I don’t have the mount yet? Any reason to use a cantilevered mount or the rings plus recce rail?
View Quote

I don't think you will regret it. I went with NF rings and recce because I don't like Larue vertically split mounts, and I think it looks better, is more versatile, and stiffens the entire upper up by tying it all together. Mine shoots tiny little groups.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#25]

I don't think you will regret it. I went with NF rings and recce because I don't like Larue vertically split mounts, and I think it looks better, is more versatile, and stiffens the entire upper up by tying it all together. Mine shoots tiny little groups.
View Quote

Did you use the A107s? Good height?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:41:23 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Yes and yes its perfect.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:55:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NapeSticksToKids] [#27]
Got the scope in from midway. I know it’s not 100% because of the illum housing, but oh well. The price was delicious compared to what the correct one has been going for. Waiting on rings.

On the subject of rings...I went off the trail and got badger rings instead of nightforce, literally only because I needed some other things from triad and they had the badgers, and they were $30 cheaper than the NF. Oh well.

I also mounted my docter on the predator offset. It had to go farther forward because of the recce rail, not sure if I like it but I’ll have to wait to get the scope mounted for final thoughts.

ETA: what slings is everyone running on their Holland’s? What is the “correct” one?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:29:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Got the scope in from midway. I know it’s not 100% because of the illum housing, but oh well. The price was delicious compared to what the correct one has been going for. Waiting on rings.

On the subject of rings...I went off the trail and got badger rings instead of nightforce, literally only because I needed some other things from triad and they had the badgers, and they were $30 cheaper than the NF. Oh well.

I also mounted my docter on the predator offset. It had to go farther forward because of the recce rail, not sure if I like it but I’ll have to wait to get the scope mounted for final thoughts.

ETA: what slings is everyone running on their Holland’s? What is the “correct” one?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/81328/622107C7-7BFD-410D-B5F6-22FA860582AB_jpe-1935127.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/81328/F6CE8DCB-8079-4120-9890-D79C249FED50_jpe-1935128.JPG
View Quote

VTAC here and it's also kosher.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm actually running Badgers but only because the scope is already wrong and I had them on hand. I figure when I correct the scope I'll grab a set of ARM'S Med too.

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Ditch-Tiger:
I'm actually running Badgers but only because the scope is already wrong and I had them on hand. I figure when I correct the scope I'll grab a set of ARM'S Med too.
https://i.imgur.com/kH6N87l.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/A6JXiGL.jpg
View Quote

You're ahead of the game with that stock anyway.  I'd keep the NF rings. They got plenty of use.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#31]
LOL.
That damn stock, a PRI charging handle and a correct pre MK4 3.5-10×40 ill Scope started this whole thing.
I had the stock on an SBR and the scope on a prairie dog gun and thought WTH, I'll build a Mod 0. Then I got the can and told myself I should have a 2nd host so I built an H.
Down the Cloning hole I go.......
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:33:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rgb] [#32]

Midway taunting me with that clone correct glass
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By rgb:
https://i.imgur.com/4n8Ygcw.jpg

View Quote

Do it!
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#34]
I have 2 Bergaras from PRI , an 16" and 18" they outshoot my PRI Douglas for half the price .
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Its a great price Midway is selling it,  you can always spray paint it and disguise the color . Cant beat that price .
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:47:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#36]
Just saw that there's a fairly salty LR/T non-illum up on chibay.  Doesn't appear to be terribly priced if the glass is pristine as they state, though the outside has definitely seen some use.  Nothing some rattle can can't fix.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:06:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By rgb:
https://i.imgur.com/4n8Ygcw.jpg

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:22:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Are we talking about the tan 3.5-10 on Midway? I need clone correct glass as well and that price is tempting.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By StinkPotJoe:
Are we talking about the tan 3.5-10 on Midway? I need clone correct glass as well and that price is tempting.
View Quote

It was discussed on the MK12 thread. Not entirely 'clone correct', but (my opinion) looks the part from 10 feet away.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#40]
I couldn't resist the 3.5-10, so here it is mocked up before it arrives. My aem5 is at my dealer for me to go pickup as well. Now I'm on the hunt for a recce rail, and need to see if I still have my NF rings laying around.

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:13:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By StinkPotJoe:
I couldn't resist the 3.5-10, so here it is mocked up before it arrives. My aem5 is at my dealer for me to go pickup as well. Now I'm on the hunt for a recce rail, and need to see if I still have my NF rings laying around.

https://i.imgur.com/OjdOWnV.jpg
View Quote

Optics planet has recce rails in stock 15% off plus free shipping.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Optics planet has recce rails in stock 15% off plus free shipping.
View Quote

I'd be Leary of trusting optics planets on line inventory.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

If it's allocated stock from the manufacturer, it might take a few extra days to ship. For the price (and if not available anywhere else) it's worth a try.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

If it's allocated stock from the manufacturer, it might take a few extra days to ship. For the price (and if not available anywhere else) it's worth a try.
View All Quotes

Bought tons of PRI stuff from OP. Always got it in like 2-3 days.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:36:36 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

This. Make sure you hit up the GD optics planet coupon thread for a 10% off coupon too.

The only items I haven't received that I have ordered is a now 9 month old backorder of Winchester white box 9mm at 27 cents per round, lol. Kinda expected that one to be a long term backorder.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

This. Make sure you hit up the GD optics planet coupon thread for a 10% off coupon too.

The only items I haven't received that I have ordered is a now 9 month old backorder of Winchester white box 9mm at 27 cents per round, lol. Kinda expected that one to be a long term backorder.
View All Quotes

Hello fellow enthusiast, LOL.  I just got my backorder of a case of Winchester white box 9mm.  Placed the backorder this time last year and just got it like a week or two ago.  So maybe yours is coming soon.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#47]

Hello fellow enthusiast, LOL.  I just got my backorder of a case of Winchester white box 9mm.  Placed the backorder this time last year and just got it like a week or two ago.  So maybe yours is coming soon.
View All Quotes

WWB is shipping?

I've got 2k rounds back ordered at SG for $.25 cpr. Almost a year now.

please, please, please make it true.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:31:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Rings came in. Super digging it. Balances well and the docter completes it. Can’t wait to test fire. Need the can but she’s about done. Haven’t decided on paint or not, love the mismatch.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Rings came in. Super digging it. Balances well and the docter completes it. Can’t wait to test fire. Need the can but she’s about done. Haven’t decided on paint or not, love the mismatch.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/81328/AC9924B7-521D-4180-81E7-A94E498E5D1A_jpe-1941356.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/81328/C33BB738-D009-4B88-9609-4695480DC796_jpe-1941357.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/81328/F4D9D1A0-D506-41EF-BC2F-ED1DEC890F75_jpe-1941359.JPG
View Quote

Looks great!
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#50]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/81328/AC9924B7-521D-4180-81E7-A94E498E5D1A_jpe-1941356.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/81328/C33BB738-D009-4B88-9609-4695480DC796_jpe-1941357.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/81328/F4D9D1A0-D506-41EF-BC2F-ED1DEC890F75_jpe-1941359.JPG
View Quote

That Docter and mount are sweet too
Page / 115
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top