Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 115
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 2:35:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Boduke0220:
Can confirm atacr's are badass. but i thought some of the mil ones had a bdc reticle? it was discussed here in one of the clone threads..might have been the devgru noveske thread? i cant remember
View Quote

Yuup. It's somewhere on the Urgi thread, but the reticle is Bdc based and has different zero points for 556/762.
Su-294s will have a locking illumination ring, similar to the razor's illumination housing. Sanitized markings and the ultramount is marked different and sanitized aswell. I really wish the locking illumination version was released commercially.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 4:05:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Mock up before deciding to drill holes. I'm going to move the rail sections around like mentioned a few posts back. I also managed to bubba up the collar so I now have a replacement and the proper handguard tool on hand.

Airsoft scope has been a disappointment because of loose parts, so I'm at a standstill with this till I get a reply from the manufacturer about getting it fixed. If you guys didn't know, this is a 22LR setup so I'm not too worried about running a replica optic on it.

Link Posted: 2/11/2023 11:06:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#3]
At's a bad bitch....................Been trying to figure out how I am going to blackout those rail locks on my ultramounts.......
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 9:53:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:
Will have that MK5 FDE just as soon as it drops........................Bout fucking time......

ETA:  If it truly comes to market of course..................
View Quote

Same. What reticle are you going to go with? I've been begging Leupold to put the PR2 in the mk5 but it's like beating an autistic horse...
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 10:20:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 5RWill:

Same. What reticle are you going to go with? I've been begging Leupold to put the PR2 in the mk5 but it's like beating an autistic horse...
View Quote

I might try the pr-1 but my current 3.6-18 is TMR as is my MK4 M110 M2 so I’m kinda used to it.  I would love a Mil-XT like my 4-16 & 7-35 ATACR’s
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Bit of a random question, but could anyone measure the distance from the top of the handguard 12 o’clock rail to the top of the Recce rail on a PRI handguard?

Entertaining an idea that doesn’t necessarily fit into this thread, but the scope I’m wanting to use is fairly short, but still long enough that I won’t be able to mount it and my CNVD on the Recce rail.  Just needing to see if the Recce rail is short enough to mount the CNVD to the handguard rail while still allowing the ocular lens of the CNVD to extend back over top of the Recce rail.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By WUPHF:
Bit of a random question, but could anyone measure the distance from the top of the handguard 12 o’clock rail to the top of the Recce rail on a PRI handguard?

Entertaining an idea that doesn’t necessarily fit into this thread, but the scope I’m wanting to use is fairly short, but still long enough that I won’t be able to mount it and my CNVD on the Recce rail.  Just needing to see if the Recce rail is short enough to mount the CNVD to the handguard rail while still allowing the ocular lens of the CNVD to extend back over top of the Recce rail.
View Quote

Distance or height? The recce rail height is .45".
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 2:16:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#8]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I suppose height would be the more appropriate term.  The height difference between the two red lines in this pic:

Attachment Attached File

I’d seen .45” stated a few places, they just never specified what two points that .45” is measured between.

Link Posted: 2/24/2023 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#9]

I suppose height would be the more appropriate term.  The height difference between the two red lines in this pic:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/294984/6281946B-7585-45F7-A412-3D3BFF34A69C_jpe-2723306.JPG

I’d seen .45” stated a few places, they just never specified what two points that .45” is measured between.

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/294984/6281946B-7585-45F7-A412-3D3BFF34A69C_jpe-2723306.JPG

@WUPHF  I just measured mine and calipers said .470, with some aervoe on it, so it's pretty close.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#10]

@WUPHF  I just measured mine and calipers said .470, with some aervoe on it, so it's pretty close.
View All Quotes

Awesome, thank you!
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 6:49:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5RWill] [#11]
What buffer is everyone running? Also ring height with the swan sleave? I picked up a Mark 5 3.6-18 with the CCH reticle and am going to throw it in a Griffin SPRM was planning on 1.16" height but wondering if that will clear the rail?
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#12]
What buffer is everyone running?
View Quote

Rifle buffer but only cuz I have a rifle length ACE Socom stock. H2 for when I had carbine buffer tube.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:14:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Another random question, this time SOCOM stock.  

Does anyone happen to know the size of the hex head setscrew on the top of the stock just forward of the sling loop?  

I disassembled mine for Cerakote and lost the set screw and the little tabbed key that prevents the stock from rotating on the tube.  Reached out to Doublestar, but haven’t received a reply and I’m not seeing those components individually for sale on their website or at any retailers.

Obviously the little tabbed key is a bit more proprietary, so I doubt I’d be able to find one off the shelf at Home Depot, but pretty sure I could whip one up in the garage.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:31:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Subpar] [#14]

Does anyone happen to know the size of the hex head setscrew on the top of the stock just forward of the sling loop?  

I disassembled mine for Cerakote and lost the set screw and the little tabbed key that prevents the stock from rotating on the tube.  Reached out to Doublestar, but haven’t received a reply and I’m not seeing those components individually for sale on their website or at any retailers.

Obviously the little tabbed key is a bit more proprietary, so I doubt I’d be able to find one off the shelf at Home Depot, but pretty sure I could whip one up in the garage.
View Quote

5/32 if this is the one you mean:

Are you looking for length?
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 9:20:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#15]
Originally Posted By Subpar:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/6C038B92-134B-44BF-AFB8-8000BE54B999-2748787.jpg

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Subpar:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/6C038B92-134B-44BF-AFB8-8000BE54B999-2748787.jpg

That’s the one. I was more talking thread size/pitch, though.  Was hoping to avoid having to walk into HD with the disassembled stock.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 11:33:17 PM EDT
[#16]
That is going to VERY barrel specific. My compass lake is way overgassed and is barely tamed with an A5 and Lantac eBCG. I'll so be ordering a BRT gas tube with port sized for the before mentioned set up.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 3:43:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By steamroller53:
That is going to VERY barrel specific. My compass lake is way overgassed and is barely tamed with an A5 and Lantac eBCG. I'll so be ordering a BRT gas tube with port sized for the before mentioned set up.
View Quote
i run AGB on all my ar15s. all of them. and my m14s.  4:30 no can, 2o clock max with a can on them....sawman, mod H, my m4 all agb. having fixed gas in an ar platform is laughable to me. laughable.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 4:40:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#18]
Took the bottom rail off and put a sling stud on the bottom.  Really liking this setup.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 5:47:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wakebrdr142] [#19]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:
Took the bottom rail off and put a sling stud on the bottom.  Really liking this setup.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/59160CEB-F1EF-47DF-B4BD-1D8B3C491183_jpe-2752110.JPG
View Quote

WOW!  I like that a lot!!!!!!!  Must resist!!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
i run AGB on all my ar15s. all of them. and my m14s.  4:30 no can, 2o clock max with a can on them....sawman, mod H, my m4 all agb. having fixed gas in an ar platform is laughable to me. laughable.
View Quote

Until your gas block explodes.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By wakebrdr142:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wakebrdr142:
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/59160CEB-F1EF-47DF-B4BD-1D8B3C491183_jpe-2752110.JPG

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
wat? how? they seize up with carbon (which is fine cause i set it and thats it) before they would ever blow up.

Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#23]
wat? how? they seize up with carbon (which is fine cause i set it and thats it) before they would ever blow up.

View All Quotes

Yeah, that’s a new one on me too. Definitely have had them seize up, but once set for the loads I make it’s a non issue.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

Yeah, that’s a new one on me too. Definitely have had them seize up, but once set for the loads I make it’s a non issue.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

I've seen several guys on here show them in pieces. Can't remember which brand. Most of my barrels have properly speced gas ports. If they don't I install gas block plugs like what BRT sells to make them the correct size. Nothing to move or fail.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#25]

I've seen several guys on here show them in pieces. Can't remember which brand. Most of my barrels have properly speced gas ports. If they don't I install gas block plugs like what BRT sells to make them the correct size. Nothing to move or fail.
View Quote

There’s a bunch of different ways to skin the over-gassed cat - AGB’s are one of them, gas block plugs are one of them, adjustable BCG’s are one of them,etc, etc.

I have no reason to believe, based on data and sample sizes available via the google machine, that any one is more better than the other.

Do what works for you in the setup that you have and enjoy not beating your carbine to death.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 10:38:51 AM EDT
[#26]
I finally scored an atacr and a 13" URX 4. The atacr is supposed to be here tomorrow and unless I can find a URX wrench soon I'm going to send the upper off to be assembled by JT or D. Wilson. Hopefully soon I can contribute with pics.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Three0h8:
I finally scored an atacr and a 13" URX 4. The atacr is supposed to be here tomorrow and unless I can find a URX wrench soon I'm going to send the upper off to be assembled by JT or D. Wilson. Hopefully soon I can contribute with pics.
View Quote

Shoot me a PM.  I’ll check when I get home, but pretty sure I have multiple URX 4 wrenches.  If so, cover shipping costs and one of them is yours.

@Three0h8
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Shoot me a PM.  I’ll check when I get home, but pretty sure I have multiple URX 4 wrenches.  If so, cover shipping costs and one of them is yours.

@Three0h8
View Quote

I've got one that a fella could borrow if @WUPHF can't locate one of his.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 2:23:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Three0h8] [#29]
WUPHF was able to hook me up with a wrench, thanks guys. I was able to pick this up today, so I feel closer.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 12:06:58 AM EDT
[#30]
C1 max is on the way. Still gotta build the lower and get the ACE cerakoted FDE to keep it two tone.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#31]
C1 max is on the way. Still gotta build the lower and get the ACE cerakoted FDE to keep it two tone.
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/attachments/4a5ab44c-640a-4560-8c3a-933979e8a018-jpeg.8099288/
View Quote

I was really wondering how one of those 2-10 Mark 5’s would look. It fits the rifle quite well I think.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:

I was really wondering how one of those 2-10 Mark 5’s would look. It fits the rifle quite well I think.
View Quote

That’s the 3.6-18, but it does look good either way. Once leupold gets a more suitable reticle i think the 2.5-10 will be better but i think it needs a price drop. It’s 2oz difference and nearly the same price as the 3.6-18
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#33]

That’s the 3.6-18, but it does look good either way. Once leupold gets a more suitable reticle i think the 2.5-10 will be better but i think it needs a price drop. It’s 2oz difference and nearly the same price as the 3.6-18
View Quote

I agree with all that, but remember it has a huge depth of field as well.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 11:52:33 AM EDT
[#34]

Need more pictures of this.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:36:06 AM EDT
[#35]
If anyone is selling or knows someone who is selling a Leupold mk4 2.5-8 or a 3.5-10, illuminated w/ m3 turrets let me know. I’m not trying to settle on this build. Thanks guys
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By TheQuietDemon:
If anyone is selling or knows someone who is selling a Leupold mk4 2.5-8 or a 3.5-10, illuminated w/ m3 turrets let me know. I’m not trying to settle on this build. Thanks guys
View Quote

Just a fyi the Mk4 2.5-8 would be M2 turrets.  The 3-9 would be M3.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TheQuietDemon:
View Quote

If you're really not looking to settle on it and in regard to your specification of Leupolds with an M3 turret and illumination, you're going to want to be looking for a Mk4 3-9 (either TS30a2 or commercial marked, both used) or a Vari-X III Tactical with the two piece illumination housing.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Three0h8:
WUPHF was able to hook me up with a wrench, thanks guys. I was able to pick this up today, so I feel closer.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/468563/8B202C92-D6DA-4496-A39C-5CE5D9C60C03_jpe-2757332.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/468563/A4E30551-042F-41C5-AC06-220DBDF29A56_jpe-2758634.JPG
View Quote

Looking good!
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#39]
C1 max came in

Link Posted: 4/1/2023 2:33:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Three0h8] [#40]
Attachment Attached File

Just missing a crush washer now. Thanks again @WUPHF and @5pt56
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 3:32:53 PM EDT
[#41]
iPotato pic, will update with a better one at some point.
I’ll have to track down a mlok URX4 to replace the keymod if the prices ever come down on them Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#42]
With regards using a keyhole forged only upper, would fde be more correct than black. Thanks, I saw that the pri built rifles had keyhole marked fde uppers but in the first page I saw both black and fde were used.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#43]

@5RWill how you like the C1 Max?  I wanna put one on my bolt gun insead of the Sphur was wondering if it was worthy vs the Sphur?
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 12:20:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5RWill] [#44]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:

@5RWill how you like the C1 Max?  I wanna put one on my bolt gun insead of the Sphur was wondering if it was worthy vs the Sphur?
View Quote

I haven't tested it or anything but just mounting it, I love it. 1.3" is a good height for the swan sleeve also. And have a spuhr on my bolt gun. I'm usually not one for unimounts on bolt guns but went with the spuhr on my Tempest/ATX build because of the chassis and honestly just aesthetics lol. Sort of the same for the MK12. I was between spuhr, griffin, and badger. Griffin was the original choice but once you go above the low height they have these recess cuts in them that i just couldn't stand to look at. Then spuhr while clone correct in some circumstances was stupid expensive per usual. I always wanted a C1 but hate and i mean hate how the C1 lugs stick out on the left side just begging to snag something. Which is why I have reptilia on my 14.5" with my Gen III razor  Then realized they just introduced a C1 max that made them flush which while it isn't cantilever for the MOD H or an MWS doesn't matter cause of the swan sleeve and monolithic rail.

I love it and will likely grab another for the MWS that I'm contemplating now. Do wish I could've found it cheaper but it seems like a great mount and I've never had issues with badger rings before. Will be eventually putting a 508x2 on a 45 degree offset mount.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:30:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Three0h8] [#45]
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:36:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 2:59:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Has anyone here used ARMS 22 LOW rings for their Mk12? (Pairing it w/ a Credo 2-10.) If that's not possible, I'll just stick to the mediums. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 3:24:58 AM EDT
[#48]
How heretical is it to run the reptilia AUS mount? I’m gonna be throwing on a Steiner MPS at the 12 o’clock and maybe experiment with that B5 precision stock.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 4:08:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Baconsnake64:
How heretical is it to run the reptilia AUS mount? I’m gonna be throwing on a Steiner MPS at the 12 o’clock and maybe experiment with that B5 precision stock.
View Quote

Do what you want.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 11:05:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

Do what you want.
View Quote

+1

Hollands are very much a tailor it to your own ideals rifle.
Page / 115
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top