Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 27
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 12:35:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What buffer springs do these come with? I thought they came with one stiffer spring but the one I saw appeared to have 2 buffer springs.
View Quote
Comes with 2 buffer springs....a medium and a super strong aka slam your bcg forward like a fucking rocket....
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:03:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Comes with 2 buffer springs....a medium and a super strong aka slam your bcg forward like a fucking rocket....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What buffer springs do these come with? I thought they came with one stiffer spring but the one I saw appeared to have 2 buffer springs.
Correct. The origianl BFS3s came with one buffer spring. 
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Most recent range session....

Worth every penny!!!!

With 22lr upper and 50 round drum:
https://youtu.be/pwKFxXObBAY

With mid length AR, Magpul drum and new lightweight bcg:
https://youtu.be/wevtJiN9C4E

The lightweight BCG allowed me to switch back to standard buffer and spring.  It shoots softer then with the heavy spring and even works with wolf 223 ammo.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 4:30:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Most recent range session....

Worth every penny!!!!

With 22lr upper and 50 round drum:
https://youtu.be/pwKFxXObBAY

With mid length AR, Magpul drum and new lightweight bcg:
https://youtu.be/wevtJiN9C4E

The lightweight BCG allowed me to switch back to standard buffer and spring.  It shoots softer then with the heavy spring and even works with wolf 223 ammo.
View Quote
Dang you!!!!  I had no idea a 50 round 22lr drum existed.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's NOTHING!

How about a 275 round drum??!

https://i.imgur.com/qpzKzjK.jpg
View Quote
Nobody needs to own something with that many baby killers!!!!  
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's NOTHING!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's NOTHING!

Wtf is that crazyness....link please!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's NOTHING!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's NOTHING!

Wtf is that crazyness of a drum mag ....link please!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's NOTHING!

Spend all day loading and gone in 30 seconds!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Now the BAD news! It was offered by Bazooka Brothers but it's no longer available.

It's referred to as the A&D adapter, the drum itself is still available. It's for the American 180.
View Quote
I had just ordered 4 more CMMG 25 round mags so I'll stick with what I know.  The 8 I have work great so far.  Blackdogs have really been hit and miss but most of mine are originals from WAY back.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:41:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Haven't even installed numero uno...Do you think I need a second?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:20:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
if you're referring to BFS3, I'd say yes.  I have several:  one in my dedicated 9mm, another in my 762x39, another in my 5.56.  arguably, the x39 and 556 lowers are redundant.  i'd probably wait for prices to cool off.  got my last one for $335 on GB.

my other non-blaster, "precision" lowers have Geissele SSA-E's.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
if you're referring to BFS3, I'd say yes.  I have several:  one in my dedicated 9mm, another in my 762x39, another in my 5.56.  arguably, the x39 and 556 lowers are redundant.  i'd probably wait for prices to cool off.  got my last one for $335 on GB.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FA currently shows 8+ weeks to ship at the new inflated price.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:40:33 PM EDT
[#15]
So if the new legislation passes...they expect everyone to destroy or send in their triggers and bump stocks, or would you get to keep them if you already have them?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:46:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I found one yesterday at a can't beat price from the distributor that shall not be named on this site so I ordered it on a whim as a second BFS.  It came in stock, went out, then back in for 1 only available. Out of stock after my completed order.  They seemed to have made a shipping label already. Just trying to decide if I really need two dedicated lowers with one as I'm pretty happy with the G2S that's already in the Honey Badger.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:12:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Has anyone had any issues with a 9mm AR?  Mine works great on my 556 upper, but on my Colt 10.3" upper it fails to reset the trigger on the bolt returning to battery.  Trigger pull goes bang, but trigger release does not.  On inspection the trigger does not reset on bolt return.  I was thinking of trying a M16 hammer with the hook on the end.  My thinking is that it needs a little more hammer pushing up on the bolt to engage the reset.  Anyone run into this?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:38:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So if the new legislation passes...they expect everyone to destroy or send in their triggers and bump stocks, or would you get to keep them if you already have them?
View Quote
The Republicans and democrats would make us all instant felons. Call and email your representatives and let them know your feelings. However I think anything is dead in the water.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:43:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Has anyone had any issues with a 9mm AR?  Mine works great on my 556 upper, but on my Colt 10.3" upper it fails to reset the trigger on the bolt returning to battery.  Trigger pull goes bang, but trigger release does not.  On inspection the trigger does not reset on bolt return.  I was thinking of trying a M16 hammer with the hook on the end.  My thinking is that it needs a little more hammer pushing up on the bolt to engage the reset.  Anyone run into this?
View Quote
Ramped or non-ramped bolt system?  That dictates the type hammer that must be used.  If it's non-ramped and using the bobbed style hammer you cannot run the normal hammer without doing damage to the hammer and pins.  I have 9mm in both styles and BFS works.  Just haven't gotten mine to be reliable yet in rapid fire.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ramped or non-ramped bolt system?  That dictates the type hammer that must be used.  If it's non-ramped and using the bobbed style hammer you cannot run the normal hammer without doing damage to the hammer and pins.  I have 9mm in both styles and BFS works.  Just haven't gotten mine to be reliable yet in rapid fire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is ramped.  I bought a Sprinta Precision Blem as my Colt 635 SMG did not come with a BCG.  It works great with a non binary trigger, but no love with the Franklin in binary.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It is ramped.  I bought a Sprinta Precision Blem as my Colt 635 SMG did not come with a BCG.  It works great with a non binary trigger, but no love with the Franklin in binary.
View Quote
If it's ramped it needs to be running the normal hammer.  That sounds like you probable issue.  The bobbed hammer is only for non ramped bolts.  Actually surprised it even resets the hammer at all.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:32:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If it's ramped it needs to be running the normal hammer.  That sounds like you probable issue.  The bobbed hammer is only for non ramped bolts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it's ramped it needs to be running the normal hammer.  That sounds like you probable issue.  The bobbed hammer is only for non ramped bolts.
I have few other hammers I can try.  I will report back in a few days with my results.  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#23]
What's the advantage of going with the stronger (mil spec) white trigger spring vs the lighter weight colored one?  Reliability?  Longevity?
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Is is just me, or is the BFS substantially smoother and crisper than the Fostech? True, the Fostech is supposed to eliminate hammer follow, but the few I've tested seemed "mushier" than the BFS.  Any more experienced thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 12:03:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is is just me, or is the BFS substantially smoother and crisper than the Fostech? True, the Fostech is supposed to eliminate hammer follow, but the few I've tested seemed "mushier" than the BFS.  Any more experienced thoughts?
View Quote
Can't speak for the Fostech but i'd nearly buy the BFS3 (when the price is reasonable) just for the trigger pull alone.  All 4 of mine are really nice and everyone that tries just the pull feels the same way.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 12:45:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
To me there is no comparison in semi mode between the ECHO and the BFS3. My BFS3 is about like a mil spec trigger the ECHO is like my hiperfire trigger. It's night and day to me. ECHO mode and binary mode are different. The ECHO breaks at about 4-5 lbs ( the mod has one of my echos at 4 lbs) while the BFS3 binary breaks at 5 lbs. I really have not felt anything mushy about either. They feel a bit different and the echo has a felt reset. However I like the BFS3 binary mod better.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

To me there is no comparison in semi mode between the ECHO and the BFS3. My BFS3 is about like a mil spec trigger the ECHO is like my hiperfire trigger. It's night and day to me. ECHO mode and binary mode are different. The ECHO breaks at about 4-5 lbs ( the mod has one of my echos at 4 lbs) while the BFS3 binary breaks at 5 lbs. I really have not felt anything mushy about either. They feel a bit different and the echo has a felt reset. However I like the BFS3 binary mod better.
View Quote
See, I feel the opposite. I like the BFS semi trigger better. I have to dig up my ECHO notes again, but mine was nice, but I personally like/liked my BFS3 better. Also, I think my BFS is lighter than the ECHO I had. 

Speaking of BFS, I'm actually going to get some trigger time this weekend. Has been far too long as the new job is taking up so much of my time, that I've hardly shot anything in the last six months (where as before I was at the range almost weekly). 

Such is life. 
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#28]
I've read through this thread again and noticed there some have had issues with the BFS triggers not working in certain lowers (or even some 80% lowers)... I assume the issue is a tolerance issue. I have a BFS Gen 3 on order that should be arriving in a couple more weeks and I want to make sure whatever lower I use will work because I plan to engrave the lower and register it as an SBR. The paperwork for the SBR has already been submitted for a few months now and I'm having the lower engraved sometime this coming week... basically, I don't want to waste time and money and NFA headaches preparing an SBR lower only to find out the BFS may not work.

Does Franklin Armory have print drawings they can share that shows the lower's necessary dimensions & tolerances needed for their BFS to work properly?
There's all sorts of prints and drawings floating around on the web - some "correct", some incorrect, and even fewer with proper tolerancing. It's be nice if Franklin said "which" prints they considered proper.
Then I can use some calipers and pin gauges to be sure that my lower(s) are satisfactory before putting any SBR work into them.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 5:31:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I've read through this thread again and noticed there some have had issues with the BFS triggers not working in certain lowers (or even some 80% lowers)... I assume the issue is a tolerance issue. I have a BFS Gen 3 on order that should be arriving in a couple more weeks and I want to make sure whatever lower I use will work because I plan to engrave the lower and register it as an SBR. The paperwork for the SBR has already been submitted for a few months now and I'm having the lower engraved sometime this coming week... basically, I don't want to waste time and money and NFA headaches preparing an SBR lower only to find out the BFS may not work.

Does Franklin Armory have print drawings they can share that shows the lower's necessary dimensions & tolerances needed for their BFS to work properly?
There's all sorts of prints and drawings floating around on the web - some "correct", some incorrect, and even fewer with proper tolerancing. It's be nice if Franklin said "which" prints they considered proper.
Then I can use some calipers and pin gauges to be sure that my lower(s) are satisfactory before putting any SBR work into them.
View Quote
Mine all work in Anderson, Spikes, Armalite, and Bushmaster lowers.  Had issue with safety not working in an off brand bought years ago.  You shouldn't have issues with any trusted brand lower.
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 1:07:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting. I swapped the "standard" BFS hammer for a nickel-teflon unit and did some light polishing on sear/disconnect, etc. Noticeably smoother.
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 1:22:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Interesting. I swapped the "standard" BFS hammer for a nickel-teflon unit and did some light polishing on sear/disconnect, etc. Noticeably smoother.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is anyone using the lighter hammer or trigger springs or both?  Have never tried mine.
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 1:58:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Mine all work in Anderson, Spikes, Armalite, and Bushmaster lowers.  Had issue with safety not working in an off brand bought years ago.  You shouldn't have issues with any trusted brand lower.
View Quote
Obviously... but not what I asked.

Of course a "trusted lower" should work well but according to accepted ARFcom cannon, that's probably only a dozen or so makers. However, there's probably over a hundred lower manufacturers and most of them would probably be good to go. You wouldn't know until you tried, which no one, not even Franklin Armory, has the time to confirm every single lower model. What if someone wanted to use a particularly obscure lower for some personal reason or, god forbid, use a lower made from an 80% receiver. The only real useful information at hand would be what receiver dimensions and tolerances the BFS requires for proper operation.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll just leave this here.....

https://www.franklinarmory.com/pages/count-down
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Any word on black Friday sales? I'm in at $350 or less.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
No but prices on EBay are starting to crash!  Won't be long before they are sub $400 again!  I want a couple more.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 3:46:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
What about the classifieds?
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 11:33:11 PM EDT
[#38]
me likey
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
me likey
View All Quotes
Me too. Very much.

I think this is the best version they've made yet.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#40]
It's official, the Straight BFSIII is here!!! They're gonna start taking orders on Black Friday.

Link Posted: 11/26/2017 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Went to the range today w/my BFS III installed in a MpX pistol. I previously had it installed in an SBR, but decided to put it into the pistol. Here’s the problem - the gun ran great in binary, but I could not get the trigger to reset on a live round in semi.

I went through all the trouble shooting and all worked fine, but on live fire it was a no-go in semi. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 8:08:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Went to the range today w/my BFS III installed in a MpX pistol. I previously had it installed in an SBR, but decided to put it into the pistol. Here’s the problem - the gun ran great in binary, but I could not get the trigger to reset on a live round in semi.

I went through all the trouble shooting and all worked fine, but on live fire it was a no-go in semi. Any thoughts?
View Quote
Mine had a pretty bad, almost not resetting semi as well in my old lower. I tried multiple hammers and they were all the same.  I swapped lowers and now it is fine.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 1:38:10 AM EDT
[#43]
My BFS came in and I dropped into a pair of receivers to test it.

Is it normal for the hammer to be VERY hard to cock back onto the disconnector in binary mode while the trigger is depressed?

I tried it in two different lowers and both lowers behave the same. Every "function test" checks out OK and behaves fine in each lower. But the hammer is unnaturally difficult to press down onto the disconnector while holding the trigger. I'll bet it's 10-fold harder cock the hammer all the way down in binary versus semi-auto mode... semi-auto mode feels almost like any other LPK I've ever handled. I mean, I don't think there's any way a bolt will smoothly cycle this hammer all the way down in binary. I installed the upper onto the lower and the charging handle was indeed extremely difficult to cycle (simulating the bolt movement).

Also, as I hold down the trigger to simulate binary mode cycling, I can actually feel the hammer force the trigger forwards a small bit and then backwards as the disconnector captures the hammer when it is pressed downwards. It reminds me very much of trigger slap felt in the closed bolt semiauto MACs and DC-9s. If I loosely pull the trigger and keep it depressed with minimal force (allowing the trigger to push/bump my finger forwards and back as the hammer is cocked) then it is much easier for the hammer to cock onto the disconnector. But if I put a tight grip on the trigger, it's hard as the dickens to cock the hammer back.

I lubricated everything with the slip 2000 and then dry cycled the fire control group about 100 times. It's gotten a tiny bit easier to cock the trigger back while in binary mode, but still noticeably harder than normal and the trigger still rocks back and forth in my finger as the disconnector grabs the hammer.

Is this normal?
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 1:55:07 AM EDT
[#44]
^^normal
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 9:19:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
^^normal
View Quote
Ok, then. I'll report back when I get to a Range.
I guess I'll be sure not to pull the trigger and hold it like a gorilla
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 1:14:21 PM EDT
[#46]
You should not get trigger slap from it during live fire. If it starts feeling like a Mac 11 contact Franklin armory because trigger slap is not normal on the BFS3.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 1:47:41 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm just saying that the way the trigger bumps forward and then backwards during manual function checking of the binary hammer recocking... it reminds of some of the old MAC and TEC-9 semiautos from the 80s/90s. Although it's not nearly that bad as those examples. I haven't had a chance to shoot it live fire, but I would think live firing is a bit different because you don't consciously squeeze and HOLD the trigger firmly between shots. Trigger pulls should be much more relaxed in real life. I'm not too concerned though because it passes all of the safety check function tests. I'll update my results, but it could be several days before I can get to the range.

I plan to test on an 11.5" carbine with:
Standard Carbine Spring plus the two Franklin Springs.
Carbine Buffer and H2 Buffer
Standard Toolcraft BCG and an AIM Lightweight BCG

If the above combinations of parts has no resolvable issues, I wonder if it's worthwhile to test with a different hammer too. Doesn't the BFS use standard spurred hammers?
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 10:01:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm just saying that the way the trigger bumps forward and then backwards during manual function checking of the binary hammer recocking
View Quote
+1 it's normal.  i noticed the same thing, sent an email to Franklin, they confirmed it's normal and said it's good to go, and to get out and shoot it.  they're absolutely right, I haven't detected any hint of trigger slap while shooting or doing mag dumps.  it's been great since then, no looking back.  have acquired a couple more BFS3's in the meantime.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Franklin Armory site showing 5+ weeks at the moment.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Franklin Armory site showing 5+ weeks at the moment.
View Quote
Friend ordered one back when wait was even longer and it arrived in 2 weeks.  Ebay is covered with them and I've seen them sell for as little as $350-375 this past week brand new.
Page / 27
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top