Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/1/2016 9:21:23 PM EDT
Sig MCX comes with a few handguard types, long, short, carbon fiber, and enlarged to go over a suppressor.

I'll admit that the enlarged one that goes over the suppressor almost all the way to the end of the suppressor looks cool. However, it makes the handguard wider (not good if you have small hands) and not capable of putting a suppressor blanket/cover that allows you to touch the suppressor without getting hot.

I just recently saw a thread on the suppressor blanket and it seems cool. I've never shot a suppressor but it makes sense that it gets hot as the barrel. I figure that the enlarged suppressor handguard from Sig would also be just as hot as the suppressor, it's really there just for looks and if you wanted to add an accessory at the end of the rifle (as long as it could take the heat).

So, is the enlarged handguard to go over the suppress good or bad?

I'm assuming it's just for looks?
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 1:51:44 PM EDT
[#1]
ttt
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Well a bit for looks, and some justification for it.
You're able to run a longer sight radius with irons.
More hand guard to grab a hold of.

But again, suppressors are HOT -
Sustained fire will leave you with a hot can.

Removing the can under the hand guard is going to be a pain in the ass if it's not a thread on.

Also you this thread needs to be moved to the suppressor section.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well a bit for looks, and some justification for it.

You're able to run a longer sight radius with irons.

More hand guard to grab a hold of.

But again, suppressors are HOT -

Sustained fire will leave you with a hot can.

Removing the can under the hand guard is going to be a pain in the ass if it's not a thread on.

Also you this thread needs to be moved to the suppressor section.
View Quote

All of this or consider the Sig Rifles forums.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top