Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/16/2015 10:12:32 PM EDT
Anyone familiar with this company?

Stopped by inside today and was pleased with this gun shop... What even intrigued me more as that they designed and build their own line of AR's from the ground up.

In posting here to see if the hive mind more knowledgeable than mine can determine the quality of their parts and price is right.

I'm interested in a 16" AR in 5.56 and here's the specs:
Barrel: 5.56 mark chamber, target crown , mil spec 4150 CMv nitride treated (assuming salt bath nitrided barrel). 16" ,
.750 NiB m4 barre extension, nitride treatment inside & out mid length gas system

They couldn't divulge barrel maker or additional info. Assuming NDA like most others

Rail: war fighter key mod. Apparently they design MOST of their products and whatever they can produce they produce.

bCg: machined from 9310 steel, shot peened, includes tool steel machined extractor and ejector, TEA extractor spring, HPT, MPI and the entire BCG is DLC coated. They tout a 98 Rockwell hardness and mention not needing lube (I still plan on lubing any weapon regardless).

Trigger is a geissele S3G (when I mentioned they don't produce or make some parts this would be one of the few exceptions)

Stock: MFT battlelink carbine stock

Brake: lantac dragon

Lower: mil spec 6 position w/ WD latch plate.

For full specs it's available at tactical-edgeusa.com   (If you scroll down and find the tactical edge arms tab it'll be there)

As far as price they're offering me a mil/lEo price so withholding... Would like to hear opinions.

They're a veteran run business and I always support veterans when possible but i always check my sources.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 10:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I was just looking at their offerings.  I found the specific rifle you are looking at getting, priced at $1,779.99. Judging by the photos, looks like they are using a $190 Faxon Gunner barrel.  The cut, extension and gas block gives it away: Reference the photo below.  IMHOP the rifle is WAYYYYYY over priced for what you get.  You can build a better rifle for hundreds of dollars less; an equivalent rifle for close to $1,000 less.  Seriously.

Caveat:  Nothing against Faxon at all, I actually have one of their 10.5" barrels and it's great.  I just think $1,800 for the rifle as equipped is robbery.

I used to be stationed at Ft. Campbell.  Wish I was still there, I'd help you out.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#2]
How would you rate their BCG? I'd prefer nitride treated parts (if applicable) especially for the BCG. Not a big fan of all NiB
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How would you rate their BCG? I'd prefer nitride treated parts (if applicable) especially for the BCG. Not a big fan of all NiB
View Quote

All they are doing is taking something someone else made, laser etching their logo on it, and selling it for more.  Get a nitride BCG from AIM Surplus for $99 shipped and call it good.  You can find the same faxon barrel they are using for $189 there too.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

All they are doing is taking something someone else made, laser etching their logo on it, and selling it for more.  Get a nitride BCG from AIM Surplus for $99 shipped and call it good.  You can find the same faxon barrel they are using for $189 there too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. AIM is the go to for me.

I've have a little experience with them. For the most part, they are over priced. I bought a nitride BCG from them when they first opened up, on sale for $89 I think it was. The salesman was saying that after that week, the price would increase to like $160

Once I planned on using it in a build (few weeks later), I noticed the cam pin was frozen into the carrier. They swapped the BCG out no questions asked, great on them. The replacement BCG's finishing was pretty poor (tool marks: like for real, ribbed for her pleasure). I wasn't about to make a fuss over it. The BCG works just fine.

I also bought a safe from them (Rhino Ironworks), got a great deal on it!

Summary: Great dudes, some things are over priced, but it's local. Being a former small biz owner, I try to support small businesses.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone familiar with this company?

Stopped by inside today and was pleased with this gun shop... What even intrigued me more as that they designed and build their own line of AR's from the ground up.

In posting here to see if the hive mind more knowledgeable than mine can determine the quality of their parts and price is right.

I'm interested in a 16" AR in 5.56 and here's the specs:
Barrel: 5.56 mark chamber, target crown , mil spec 4150 CMv nitride treated (assuming salt bath nitrided barrel). 16" ,
.750 NiB m4 barre extension, nitride treatment inside & out mid length gas system

They couldn't divulge barrel maker or additional info. Assuming NDA like most others

Rail: war fighter key mod. Apparently they design MOST of their products and whatever they can produce they produce.

bCg: machined from 9310 steel, shot peened, includes tool steel machined extractor and ejector, TEA extractor spring, HPT, MPI and the entire BCG is DLC coated. They tout a 98 Rockwell hardness and mention not needing lube (I still plan on lubing any weapon regardless).

Trigger is a geissele S3G (when I mentioned they don't produce or make some parts this would be one of the few exceptions)

Stock: MFT battlelink carbine stock

Brake: lantac dragon

Lower: mil spec 6 position w/ WD latch plate.

For full specs it's available at tactical-edgeusa.com   (If you scroll down and find the tactical edge arms tab it'll be there)

As far as price they're offering me a mil/lEo price so withholding... Would like to hear opinions.

They're a veteran run business and I always support veterans when possible but i always check my sources.
View Quote

no, no they don't. They take other peoples parts, put them together like anyone can in their garage and sell it at %100+ mark up.

not to mention this post smells of shilling anywho.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 10:33:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
no, no they don't. They take other peoples parts, put them together like anyone can in their garage and sell it at %100+ mark up.

View Quote

Exactly.  Supporting Veteran-owned and local small business is awesome.  But getting F'd in the A isn't.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't pay $600 for that rifle. And that's including the trigger.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm not a shill. I post heavily on Snipershide and some on accurate shooter for hand loading purposes. For my black rifle info and needs I come to AR15.

I appreciate the input guys. I don't understand AR parts as well as bolt rifles so I defer to the hive mind here.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Hickok45 hasa couple of vids on their ar's.  I skipped through and he isn't really an ar guy but I didn't see anything special about them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 11:51:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks gents. Heard enough to be turned off to this idea.

Store also did mention hicock45 being local but haven't looked into it yet.

Will keep going to the store to get a feel for various parts and I'll plan a bit more meticulously on my own build.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Exactly.  Supporting Veteran-owned and local small business is awesome.  But getting F'd in the A isn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am a veteran myself and I will scrutinize any veteran owned business like any other, there are plenty of shit bags and POS that are veterans. The veteran moniker unfortunately doesn't mean what is use to.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Will keep going to the store to get a feel for various parts and I'll plan a bit more meticulously on my own build.
View Quote

He lives south of there.

Taught me 7th grade English.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 3:03:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He lives south of there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He lives south of there.

He taught me what an awesome retirement looks like.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 9:18:53 AM EDT
[#14]
In my experience the gun stores around Fort Campbell and around any post in general are in the business of ripping off joes.  Just like the used car dealerships financing you at 24.99%, the pawn shops or the strip clubs they are all designed to separate young Soldiers from their paychecks.  

I have no specific experience with these guys though.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 9:39:12 AM EDT
[#15]
OP, I love in Clarksville and can provide you with any help you may need. I also have all the tools to assemble a rifle from a box of parts. Let me know and we could get together or something.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 9:47:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Email sent.

Thanks for the look out gents
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 11:09:37 AM EDT
[#17]
I've been to Tactical Edge numerous times and it was always a good experience.  I don't discount the comments regarding their AR's as I'm sure you could save money and build something yourself, however the guys that run it have always been great to deal with.  I've mostly been there to buy Haley Strategic products and other smalls and optics.   I wouldn't let them trying to make money selling branded rifles discourage you or constitute your whole entire perception of the company as they are good folks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 11:19:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I agree east, I had a pleasant experience as well. Other than accessories and parts won't do the full up AR
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top