Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 34 of 45)
Page / 45
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 3:41:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Some awsome looking SCRs - thanks for posting the pics!
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#2]
with the cheek riser
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:32:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Joined the club recently, but needed to order the bolt hold open module.  How long should

I expect to wait?  Love the rifle though.  Nice and handy.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered my iron sights three years ago.

I'm still waiting.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SCR556:

I'm still waiting.
View Quote
0_o holy shit
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 9:23:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#6]

I'm still waiting.
View Quote
Yeah, I briefly wanted those, too.  Glad I gave up on the idea a couple of years ago.

@Formergrunt94 The bolt catch modules used to be available on Ebay, but I don't see them anymore.  You could try contacting a distributor like Midwest Gun Works and see if they have any more reliable information on we'll they'll be getting more.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 1:46:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Andromax] [#7]
Originally Posted By Formergrunt94:
Joined the club recently, but needed to order the bolt hold open module.  How long should

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By CarpNY:

Yeah, I briefly wanted those, too.  Glad I gave up on the idea a couple of years ago.

@Formergrunt94 The bolt catch modules used to be available on Ebay, but I don't see them anymore.  You could try contacting a distributor like Midwest Gun Works and see if they have any more reliable information on we'll they'll be getting more.
I ordered my bolt catch from Fightlites website. Doesnt appear to be out of stock at the moment.
SCR Bolt catch
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 1:51:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice side charger! Did the same to mine. Your LGS is selling them like that?
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote
Never noticed the lack of a bolt catch, so how does it attach? I don't see the "ears" on the lower.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 1:23:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By mark5pt56:

Never noticed the lack of a bolt catch, so how does it attach? I don't see the "ears" on the lower.
View Quote
You just slide it in. Its trapped once you secure the upper/lower.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Andromax:

I ordered my bolt catch from Fightlites website. Doesnt appear to be out of stock at the moment.
SCR Bolt catch
View Quote
Mine came in the  mail today.

View Quote
Because of the location of controls, I think the SCR is best run with the HK G3/MP5 manual

of arms, with the left hand stripping the magazine using a thumb-activated ambidextrous mag

release (which I ordered from Arms Unlimited).
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 7:58:02 AM EDT
[#12]
So without it, you have no way of manually locking the bolt back? And it sounds like you just use the charging handle to either hold the bolt back for whatever need and always have to work the charging handle after a reload since you don't have a bolt lock?
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 8:16:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JWilliamG] [#13]
So without it, you have no way of manually locking the bolt back? And it sounds like you just use the charging handle to either hold the bolt back for whatever need and always have to work the charging handle after a reload since you don't have a bolt lock?
View Quote
Correct. Without the bolt catch, the bolt will not lock open after firing the last round and will have to be charged upon insertion of a new magazine.

Below is a link to FightLite's Facebook showing the bolt catch installation images and instructions.  For those that wish to know why they decided not to include the bolt catch standard on all rifles, this link covers that too:
ARES/FightLite SCR Optional Bolt Catch
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 8:37:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Ok, thanks. Funny I never noticed it looking at pictures of it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:23:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: goblue64LBZ] [#15]
didnt quote, delete
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Nice side charger! Did the same to mine. Your LGS is selling them like that?
View Quote
No this is one that I assembled, my LGS did the drill/tap for the CH. Side charge is definitely the way to go with these.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By goblue64LBZ:

No this is one that I assembled, my LGS did the drill/tap for the CH. Side charge is definitely the way to go with these.
View Quote
Nice, yes I agree 100%
Very intuitive with the right side reciprocating charging handle. Should come this way from the factory.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Nice, yes I agree 100%
Very intuitive with the right side reciprocating charging handle. Should come this way from the factory.
View Quote
You would think it would, I actually shoot left handed so this is perfect for me.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:19:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm not sure if this has been covered but I scrolled back and didn't see this, does the SCR lower use a remington plastic stock?

I have raider pistol lower and im gojng to form 1 it and need a stock.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By BadSVT:
I'm not sure if this has been covered but I scrolled back and didn't see this, does the SCR lower use a remington plastic stock?

I have raider pistol lower and im gojng to form 1 it and need a stock.
View Quote
I have just fitted a Remington 1100 stock on my SCR rifle with very little modification. I do believe the buffer tubes and fasteners are different on the rifle and pistol SCR though.  I can't say for sure if a Remington stick is as easy to mount up to an SCR pistol...

From my experience, FightLite has great customer service. Just give them a call and see if the rifle stocks are interchangeable. If so, you should be able to buy one straight from them over the phone.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone have anti rotation pins on their lower? My trigger pins are so loose I can move them with my fingers, i'm worried they are going to fall out and I haven't even fired the gun yet.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Formergrunt94:Because of the location of controls, I think the SCR is best run with the HK G3/MP5 manual

of arms, with the left hand stripping the magazine using a thumb-activated ambidextrous mag

release (which I ordered from Arms Unlimited).
View Quote
That is what I do - only my ambi-release came from Battle Steel.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:19:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CarpNY:

@Formergrunt94 The bolt catch modules used to be available on Ebay, but I don't see them anymore.
View Quote
Yeah, I gave up on ever seeing them.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By JWilliamG:From my experience, FightLite has great customer service. Just give them a call and see if the rifle stocks are interchangeable. If so, you should be able to buy one straight from them over the phone.
View Quote
I found their customer service outstanding when they were Ares Defense. Since the transition to Fightlite Industries I have found it to be non-existant.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:47:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JWilliamG] [#25]

I found their customer service outstanding when they were Ares Defense. Since the transition to Fightlite Industries I have found it to be non-existant.
View Quote
I did all of my business with them in the past two months and it was nothing short of awesome.  I sent my lower back to have the buttplate replaced and I ordered a stripped upper receiver at the same time.

To turn this back into a picture thread... Here is my ARES SCR build so far:

Remington 1100 wood stock with the original metal "ARES" branded buttplate and bedded to the receiver using woodweld epoxy

Ambidextrous magazine release and factory bolt catch

Red finger nail polished the safety (turned out much better than expected)
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I like it!
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 8:13:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Looking good so far.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:31:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Has anyone tried to flip the safety?
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 5:11:49 AM EDT
[#29]
there are pics, it looks a bit awkward
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 8:05:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#30]
View Quote
It's been a while since I played around with the safety.  If I remember correctly, though, the detente track is centered on the safety (unlike on a Remington 1100, where it is offset to one side), so you should be able to flip it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Is it possible to use an acog on these? Or does the new stock lines put the Acog up stupidly high?
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:34:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#32]
Originally Posted By InternationalM:
Is it possible to use an acog on these? Or does the new stock lines put the Acog up stupidly high?
View Quote
The traditional ACOGs will be too high to use with anything approaching a cheek weld, but they do make low models (1.5x16S Low and 3x24 Low) and low mounts to work work with AKs, etc.

A bigger issue is the short eye relief (2.4" and 1.4", respectively.)  On the SCR, you naturally sit further back from the receiver than on an AR.  That means it would have to be mounted pretty far back, especially the 3x24 Low.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 9:28:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 11:21:17 PM EDT
[#34]
I got the handguard, gas block, and gas tube in today.  All that is left now is the barrel and parts to complete the bolt.

Also drilled and tapped the low pro gas block to make it adjustable with a set screw

Gas block and gas tube "installed"
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
Just tried it out of curiosity and it makes no difference because of the way the safety is machined.  It can be flipped but it will still be a right-hand safety.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Its a Fightlite PPSh-41!
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 1:10:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By JWilliamG:

Just tried it out of curiosity and it makes no difference because of the way the safety is machined.  It can be flipped but it will still be a right-hand safety.
https://i.imgur.com/hInffqF.jpg
View Quote
So it'll still be safe to the right and fire to the left.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 1:15:24 PM EDT
[#38]

So it'll still be safe to the right and fire to the left.
View Quote
That's correct
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 10:54:53 PM EDT
[#39]
I asked previously and have searched the internet, but no results. Any anti-rotation pins out there for this? My trigger pins like to walk, a lot. Like I can push them out with my fingers and a hex key.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:19:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Moses06:
I asked previously and have searched the internet, but no results. Any anti-rotation pins out there for this? My trigger pins like to walk, a lot. Like I can push them out with my fingers and a hex key.
View Quote
I have some anti-walk pins in the mail. As soon as I get them in, I'll be sure to share my findings.

Meanwhile, user dfletcher from Calguns.net has apparently used some JP Enterprise .154" anti-walk pins with success (see this thread).
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:33:36 AM EDT
[#41]
I got the handguard, gas block, and gas tube in today.  All that is left now is the barrel and parts to complete the bolt.

Also drilled and tapped the low pro gas block to make it adjustable with a set screw
https://i.imgur.com/hbfsGbA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/99MWUVU.jpg
View Quote
I like where this build is going.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#42]
I received some more items for the build:

YHM EZ Push Takedown Pins (YHM-7290):  The EZ Push pins are 0.010" longer than the standard ones and make removing the rear takedown pin a breeze.  Installing the extended rear takedown pin is a necessity on these SCRs as far as I am concerned.  I did not replace the front pivot pin as I have no difficulty removing the standard one.
Anti-walk Pins (USA Stainless generic pins):  The pins are standard AR length which left a gap between the receiver and bolt.  To get a nice snug fit, I ground 0.030" off of the pins.  I replaced the pins just for looks cause I hated that the original pins stuck out more on one side than the other...
Before:

After:

Armaspec Enhanced Combat Button (ARM104-BLK):  This was just another cosmetic modification.  The Armaspec ECB closely matches the finish of the lower and gives it a nice clean look.  The ECB also has noticeably less play/slop in the lower than the standard button has.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:16:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#44]

https://i.imgur.com/hbfsGbA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/99MWUVU.jpg
View Quote
Looks very similar to the build I've been working on.

Gibbz side charger
16" carbine length gas
Rem 1100 walnut from eBay. Had to strip and refinish

All I'm waiting on is :

Adjustable gas block
Gas tube
Bolt catch from Fightlite
Ambi mag release.

Probably one big difference though........

Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:03:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By NHTriumph:
Probably one big difference though........
View Quote
Haha yeah just a minor difference!  I like the wood grain on your stock and nice work shaving the forend down to fit the rail. How did you end up attaching the wood? I will be putting a wood forend on the rail as well but haven't quite decided how I'm going to attach it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#46]

Haha yeah just a minor difference!  I like the wood grain on your stock and nice work shaving the forend down to fit the rail. How did you end up attaching the wood? I will be putting a wood forend on the rail as well but haven't quite decided how I'm going to attach it.
View Quote
Thanks.

I just used a brass machine screw and a threaded block on the inside. Semi-ghetto, but it's quite secure and plenty aesthetic for my standards.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:54:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: garr] [#47]

Thanks.

I just used a brass machine screw and a threaded block on the inside. Semi-ghetto, but it's quite secure and plenty aesthetic for my standards.
View Quote
The forend is beautiful, but is it going to hold up? How sturdy is it?
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 1:51:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By garr:

The forend is beautiful, but is it going to hold up? How sturdy is it?
View Quote
It's sturdy as all get out. Not concerned in the slightest.

The inner diameter of the 1100 forend fits the outer diameter of the keymod rail like a glove. Well, it didn't at first, but I did a bunch of sanding and shaping.

This is where I started...

Link Posted: 12/1/2018 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#49]

It's sturdy as all get out. Not concerned in the slightest.

The inner diameter of the 1100 forend fits the outer diameter of the keymod rail like a glove. Well, it didn't at first, but I did a bunch of sanding and shaping.

This is where I started...

https://i.postimg.cc/YqSkPCNq/20181107-184030.jpg
View Quote
Thats really awesome. I may have to do another build along the same lines!
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:18:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lhotse] [#50]
So many pictures of pretty rifles! Here's my old girl after three days hunting in the Adirondacks.   It was pretty cold at night but warmed up into the 20s in the day at times, making for some softer snow. We bushwhacked, hunting all day and shared a tent at night. She ran flawlessly except on the final night after a long, snowy hike out through really dense scrub and forest, the mag release froze enough that I had to bang it pretty solidly to drop the mag.

SCR
Gibbz side charging upper
18" Lilja barrel in 6.5 Grendel
Geiselle Mk something
SWFA LPVO 1-6 FFP (I really like this scope for its true 1X, daylight visible illumination, and FFP. Also, it's a nice, bright piece of glass.)

Page / 45
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 34 of 45)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top